Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #2641
roseneumann1
Earning My Ears

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong for him.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #2642
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you roseneumann1. I appreciate that.
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #2643
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

AR, your Dr Suess day care (and costume) at Jesse's school looks awesome . Know the kids enjoyed your stories and lively spirt! And Jesse all snuggled up to you is Priceless!

Yesterday was our SonIL's BD dinner outing . Then on to our 2 grandson's indoor soccer games we really enjoyed.

Today I finally got my Red Velvet pancakes and trimmings ! Topped it off w/yogurt at Sweet Frogs. Yum! Now it's back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #2644
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you 4nana. I'm glad you got to go to your DGS soccer game. Being with grandkids is the greatest.

Aren't those pancakes YUMMMMMMMM? I will keep getting them until they don't have them anymore. Then I will go back to the cinnamon ones.

Today I watched the two kids at swimming. They both did really well and Jesse went underwater for the first time.

While we were driving to Swim practice, Karen asked me if I would like to go to Disneyland with her and the kids in May. Gee let me think about that. There is a slight chance that she will have to go to LA to work for a few days. I would watch the kids while she was working and then after that we would go to Disneyland for a few days. I would only have to pay for my room because she has extra flight miles that I can use and her flight will be paid for by her company. I am really hoping this comes about. Chuck may fly down after she is done working so that we can all go to Disneyland together. I may even get a chance to see my friend who lives in northern CA. She could drive down and we could go sightseeing for a day while the kids have a babysitter for that day. It would be really wonderful.

So I have a picture of Jesse and I at swim practice.

He got up on the seat and said, "Grandmom, I am the same size as you". LOL

Karen just about died laughing and had to post this on Facebook. I posted, "the sad thing is that he WILL be the same size as me in just a few years. Of course, everyone is taller than me."

I had planned on coming home right after swim practice, but Karen asked if I wanted to come with them to BJ's. We ate at Taco Bell and did our shopping and then came home. All the way home, Karen and Chuck were discussing which one of them would stay home with the kids while the other did the shopping. They were going back and forth and I was laughing and said "why don't I watch the kids and you both go grocery shopping?". Karen said, "YAYYYY our plan worked!" I tell you I'm always laughing at those two.

When we got home both kids took a nap. Chuck started telling me this long tale about how "we only buy organic food for our children, so we may be gone for quite a while". I asked if they were going to New York. He said "No, IOWA." With that I threw them both out the door.

I read my Kindle and then I heard Zoey crying. She had peed herself. Poor thing was so upset. I told her it was OK. Accidents happen. I think when she was coughing she just peed herself. They were both sleeping so soundly for two hours.

Karen and Chuck had just come home as I was getting Zoey up. Karen went up to change her bedding and clothes and got Jesse up and I went home.

I got home around 4:30 and I was TIRED.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #2645
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Mary I think you are so wonderful! What a great sport you are dressing up for the kids, they will never forget these days

One of my little grand-nieces had to miss Dr. Seuss day due to a fever, I felt so bad for her. Her big sister was Thing 1 and she was Thing2, they were going to spray her hair blue, etc. Hopefully next year! Thanks for always sharing your great pics - the way you write I feel like I am with you.

Disneyland sounds wonderful! Hope it works out!!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #2646
Angelrose

Oh thank you snappyd. I'm sorry your grand niece had to miss it. That would have been so cute with the t shirts and blue hair. They had a couple of kids with those Thing One and Thing Two shirts at the daycare. They looked so cute. I do hope they remember these days with a story teller.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #2647
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I had a great weekend. Friday I went out and got my red velvet pancakes at IHOP and did a bit of shopping and then went to see Oz the Great and Powerful. I thought it was very cute. The critics panned it, but it is a very cute story and I plan of getting it as soon as it comes out on DVD. It was an early show and I got home a little after noon.

I was watching tv, when Chuck called to ask if I wanted to have Red Robin burgers for dinner. Don't have to ask me twice. I always ask Jesse to sit with me so he doesn't bother his daddy. I'm more tolerant of his high spirits. LOL I've had more experience. Both kids were very good and we all had a great chili burgers. The only complaint we had was that they weren't piping hot. But still delicious. Zoey wanted daddy to do row, row your boat. Then of course Jesse wanted me to do it to him.

What I did was at the very last word, I would just stop and then all of a sudden I would say "dream" and tickle him. Oh, he thought that was the best. I had to do it again and again. I love to hear him laugh.

There is a thing I do with both kids. I put them on my lap and give them a "horsey ride" all the while singing, "Deet ta deet ta deet" . I'm not very original. But after a couple of minutes I throw them off to the side and say "BOOMP". They both love that and it's, "Again grandmom, again". But I couldn't do that in the booth so I promised that I would do that when we got home and I did three times for both and then off to bed they went.

Funny thing, is that Jesse asked his dad to do "deet ta deet ta deet" . Chuck had no clue what he was talking about. So I had to show him.

Saturday I did my grocery shopping and spent the day watching tv and relaxing.

Sunday I was at their house by 8:30 and watched them at their swimming lesson. Karen had taken Jesse into change into his bathing suit, so I was walking the side of the pool, talking to Zoey and clapping and telling her she was doing so well. Good thing she had the bubble on. A little boy around 5 went over to her and dunked her. I shouted NOOOOOOO. Luckily the instructor was right there and told him he couldn't do that. Zoey swallowed some water, but she was fine and didn't cry. She did however, give that boy a dirty look. That little boy has no idea how close he came to getting a whap upside the head. I'm not a very tolerant grandmom.

When I finally saw his mom she way on the other side of the pool and I couldn't say anything. GRUMBLE. I will keep an eagle eye on him next week and tell Karen to do the same. If he does it again, I can tell you there WILL be words. And furthermore, when I am queen of the world..... OK done venting.

After swimming we came home and Karen asked if I would watch the kids for a couple of hours while they did their shopping. Of course. I put Zoey down for her nap but Jesse couldn't sleep. So we watched cartoons until Zoey woke up.

Karen and Chuck came home and said that she got two calls that she had to come into work. The guy who was supposed to come in, didn't bother to show up. I have a feeling that he had his head handed to him on Monday by Karen. Chuck had game night planned with his friend so I was happy to babysit.

I went home and had my dinner and relaxed for a couple of hours and then was back by 6:30. Chuck said he wouldn't be home until 10:30/11 and Karen had told him she wouldn't be home before 10:30 either. I said that was fine.

I played with the kids until bedtime. I read them both a story and had Jesse read the word "The", every time he saw it in the story. He also knew "sun and moon". I got Zoey into bed. She cried a little, but I told her no crying allowed. I had to kiss and hug her twice. LOL

Jesse was allowed to read for another hour. I told him I would come up at 8 to tuck him in again. I watched Modern Marvels on the History channel until 8 and then went up. His light was out, but I went in and tucked him in again and he gave me a big hug.

Around 8:45, Jesse was coming downstairs and I asked him what he was doing up. He said, "I have a book". LOL I think he got mixed up and thought it was naptime. I told him, he had to go back to sleep because he had school in the morning. I didn't hear a peep out of him after that.

I think I fell asleep watching Modern Marvels for about an hour or so. I was mad because it was very interesting. But my eyes didn't think so and closed.

Karen came home right around 10:30 and we chatted for a few minutes and then I left for home. I got home right at 11 in time to watch the news.

I slept really well that night.

My wall ovens came tonight. I have been worrying since I bought them if they would fit in the space. Well, they worked for an hour and finally got it hooked up and by golly they made it fit! I was so relieved. He put it on 550 and told me to leave it on for 45 minutes to get rid of the smell from the oils and whatever from the factory. OMG did it smell. I had to put on the hood fan and open a window. I started to read the instructions. OMG it is so complicated compared to my old one (from 1974). I'll need Chuck to come and decipher it for me. I have a mental block on reading instructions. If someone explains it to me, it's mine forever. Just can't get it from reading.

I think I have an idea how to do something simple like baking asparagus or bacon. I will try it in the next couple of days to make sure it works right.

Well, that is all my news from a busy weekend. I do love being with my grandbabies. I know it won't be too many years when they will be too old for sitting on grandmom's lap and tickle games. So I am getting my fill now.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #2648
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Angelrose your grandkids are so lucky they have such a loving grandma I so understand you as I have 4 of those little darlings of my own and 4 uneder 4 ( years old ) so I also take lots of times with them as me too know in a couple of years those snuggle times ( and tickle games ) will be over but then again I know ( at least hope ) it will be another kind of grandma and me time ( exemple moviedates shopping time ...)
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #2649
Angelrose

Thank you 4 mickey. Yes, I can see movie dates with Jesse and shopping with Zoey. She is such a GIRL. LOL She loves jewelry and purses. I think I will get her a jewelry box for her birthday. She has plenty of plastic bracelets and a couple that I gave her. She is so like me in that matter. Karen doesn't care for jewelry that much. But I do. I have a couple of really nice pieces, but a lot of it is nice costume jewelry.

But right now I am so enjoying cuddles and big hugs and them fighting over who gets to sit on grandmom's lap. Things to cherish for sure.

I tried my oven today and I think I have the idea how it works. I will keep the book out for a while until I get more used to it.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #2650
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

yes that is a good idea to let your book ( oven ) close by for at least a few days no doubt you ll get the hang of it in a few days .
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #2651
Angelrose

Yes, I do need to keep that book handy. I don't really use my oven that much, so I'm afraid I will forget something before the next time I use it. I have such a great memory......just not too long.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #2652
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

DISNEYLAND!

I hope you can make that trip happen with Karen and the grandkids. Disneyland is my home park. I'm so comfortable there. When I go to the Magic Kingdom in Florida, I get so turned around because things are similar, but in somewhat different places. The California Adventure Park has some great rides. The line for Radiator Springs Racers is insane, and I'm not sure Zoey would be tall enough. So it would be best to skip it anyway. They have the Little Mermaid ride there and Toy Story Midway Madness, Muppets 3D, Bug's Life and Monsters Inc.

Disneyland's Fantasyland is wonderful (of course, MK's new Fantasyland is probably spectacular).

Oh, I hope you get to go. There are great hints on the Disneyland board, with a permanent thread for WDW Vets navigating DLand.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #2653
Angelrose

Hi minniecarousel. Good to see you again. I have been having second thoughts about spending the money to go Disneyland. I am on a very limited budget. Let me amend that statement. I have a non existent budget. LOL I have spent almost $5,000 on my car this year and the the $2,300 on the new ovens. I will be going to Disney World next February. So I don't know if I can justify the expense, just for a couple of days at Disneyland.

I would be stuck in a hotel room with the two kids until Karen comes back from work. Sometimes she works 16 hour days. Plus Jesse won't have his own room. He is a bear to try and get to sleep if he knows anyone is up or if the light is on. I just don't know if I am up to that. That would be a very hard two or three days. I don't think I would mind as much if it was just us going to Disneyland without her working.

I've talked to Karen about it and we're still talking. So I'm not sure what is going to happen. It's still over a month away. I guess we'll see how it's going closer to the time. I would really love to see Disneyland.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #2654
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I had a strange sort of day today. But good strange.

I was doing my workout and jogging around the living room when I saw a hair on the carpet near the wall. OK so I will have to vacuum tomorrow. I kept on with my workout and kept looking at that hair. It was a white curly hair. I have blond straight hair. I ran over and picked it up and yes it was Ron's hair! Now it will be four years in June that he passed and I certainly have vacuumed that room countless times. Maybe he was just saying HI.

My insurance agent called this afternoon to tell me she was just touching base with me and she hadn't gotten the accident report yet. She asked if she could do anything for me or if I had any questions. I didn't, but thanked her for keeping in touch.

Around 6:30 she called again. She spoke to the other woman's insurance agent and they have admitted total responsibility for the accident and will pay for my repairs and a rental car!!!!!! I nearly passed out. There are honest people in this world after all!

Now I know why I found that hair today. Ron was just telling me that everything will be alright. Just when I need him, he always seems to send me a sign.

You may think I'm weird, but I saved that hair and put it in a little pill bottle. Just one little link to my Ron.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #2655
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose no doubt it is Ron telling you he's always there and looking out for you!! So happy that good prevailed and you don't have to worry about that accident..you don't need that. Nice to know decent folk exist and do the right thing after all.

Don't always post but read what's doing often and like to see you doing ok...
Hope spring comes along soon for us all!

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: