Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #2596
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I never thought of that snappyd! That would be just like him too.

It's been so cold here too. Hasn't gotten above the low 20's all week. I shudder to think what my electric bill will be this month. I probably can't count that high.

I had a problem with my car last week. I was going on my weekly Friday shopping day. I was half way out of town when the message comes on my dash. " Battery not charging." So I drive to my garage and it's my alternator. Three hours and $694 later I was on my way. EEEEEEEEEK I will be eating air for a couple of weeks after that.

I got a call from Chuck this afternoon. Poor Zoey is sick again. Yesterday she had no stuffy nose and wasn't coughing and had no fever. Today she was feeling so bad that they had to take her home from school. Karen is taking her to the dr tomorrow at 9 and asked that I be at the house by 10 to babysit until they get home at 5. So I will have a shortened shopping day again tomorrow.

I'm hoping that we won't get much snow Friday night so I can get my hair done on Saturday. Then I can finish my shopping before I go home.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #2597
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Hope Zoey is feeling better, I know those grandma hugs must help a lot!

It is already snowing in NY, we are staying here tonight. I hope you don't get too much snow down in NJ, I really want to come down tomorrow.

DH has been working overtime, that combined with the cold make the drive down tonight seem like a bad idea. His knees are still hurting him, I've been trying to drive into the city every day to pick him up, but tonight he has to take the train, I'm afraid the roads are slippery.

I hate to wish my life away, but I can't wait for spring!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #2598
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I went to IHOP this morning and as soon as I was seated, the server came over with my coffee and asked if I wanted the cinnamon pancakes. LOL Do you think I have been there too much?? I stopped at Walmart and got two pair of pull on jeans in size SMALL, three pair of fleecy pj"s, size SMALL and two tops size SMALL. LOL I haven't lost anything in about a year but maybe I've lost an inch or two. That made me feel good. I also picked up some fruit and lettuce. It was around 9:30, so I made a quick trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and picked up another storage container and a set of two hangers for scarves. Each hanger holds 4 scarves, so that is just right for me.

I got to Chuck's right at 10. Karen had just come back from the drs. Zoey may have a strep throat but he never called back, so I don't know. He gave her some medicine and she was in a good mood when I came in.

She was content to just watch cartoons all day and eat crackers and drink Gatorade. That was good because she hadn't eaten anything all day yesterday. I also got her to eat some yogurt. Antibiotics give her the runs, so she needs to eat yogurt twice a day. Thankfully that will hit tomorrow.

It started to snow around 4 and Chuck came home a little after 5 and brushed the snow off my car. He told me to drive SLOWLY in the development because they never treat the roads there. Once I got on the main roads it was fine, but I sure was glad to get home safely.

We only got a little over an inch so I think I will be fine to go out tomorrow morning and get my hair done, and get the shopping done that I didn't get done today.

I hope your husbands knees start to feel better soon. I with you on wishing for spring. That means that pool opening isn't far away.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #2599
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Yum, the cinn. pancakes sound good AR . Congrats on size 'small' girlfriend.....I wish !!! Love the fleecy pj's - one of my c'mas gifts was a pr of M&M fleece that are specially snuggly in this cold weather.

Sorry about more car probs, glad you got it fixed, as the last thing you need to worry about is breaking down in the cold weather . We only got about 1" of snow on our old 2", so counting our blessings there. The temps are in the single # at night and 20-30 in day..so unfortunately our heat pump doesn't catch a break...ching ching !! They closed school for our local grands 2 days - they live 10 & 20 miles away, so yesterday we ventured out in our Jeep and picked up lunch to surprise them with. Needless to say it brightened their day and ours . DGD is going to her winter formal nx wk end and modeled her outfit for us...she looked like a princess....seems just yesterday she was Zoey's age...hard to believe how fast they're growning up!

Awww, hope lil Zoey feels better soon...pls give her a (hug) from ur Dis friends. So much sickness going around in the schools, it's hard to keep them well. Our lil grands have had different viruses off and on also...thankfully no flu! DGS is working on his Eagle Sct, his troop went camping in the mountains last wkend. They hiked 25 miles and slept outside in tents w/temps below freezing and half of them got very sick incl him....same thing happened last yr . At the risk of sounding over protective, but being an old Army Mom and knowing a lil about survival training, is it really necessary to expose scouts to the elements like this....afterall they are not training to be Special Forces...kwim?!

Gotta love those sly red foxes and even better you got to talk to him . Living in the country we see them occasionally, but here they zip around much to fast too make any convo.

Snapppyd, your lentil soup sounds good...we are just finishing a pot of beef stew...love it in cold weather ! Sure hope your DH made it home safe and sound. DH & I both take shots for our arthritic knees and also do warm aqua therapy which is a life safer, so know how horrible knee pain can be and hope the cold weather doesn't cause him more problems.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven

Last edited by 4nana; 01-26-2013 at 11:28 AM.
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2600
Angelrose

4nana I would love to see a picture of your DGD in her winter formal!

Zoey is feeling better today. She is starting to roll her eyes at mommy now. LOL Oh Karen is in for it with this one. Chuck told Karen that it is genetic.

Jesse is starting to go to the gym with Karen and he loves it. He is already doing pushups. I have to upgrade my flash player so that I can see the little video Karen took of it.

I had to laugh. Karen posted that she is already starting to plan our Disney trip for NEXT February. I told her it is only 372 days more or less to go. Never to soon to start planning.

Your DGS is working on his Eagle Scout? WOW that is impressive. I agree with you on the camping outside in the freezing weather. What purpose does it serve to have everyone get sick? Special Forces gradually build up their stamina to do that. Not just go out once a year. Glad I don't have to deal with that. I think I would be rather ticked off. Goodness I'm all perturbed and it isn't even MY grandson. LOL

I got my hair done today. That always makes me feel good. Now tomorrow is another big thrill.....grocery shopping. I do live an exciting life.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #2601
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

On a clear morning I can see the sunrise reflecting off NYC:

This is today (1/30/13):

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #2602
Angelrose

Oh WOW snappyd what a beautiful picture of the sunrise. Love the second picture too. LOL That's what we had here today too. Right now it's very windy but still around 60.

I wonder how many branches I will have to pick up tomorrow morning. We're supposed to get high winds all night and lots of rain with a thunderstorm thrown in for good measure.

I HATE wind.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #2603
snapppyd

Did you see my thread about hating wind?? OMG, great minds think alike! The wind woke me up at 2:45 and I've been up since. It's makes me so cranky. Hope you don't have too many branches to pick up.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #2604
Angelrose

Yes I did see that post snappyd. I have always hated hearing the wind, especially at night. I would always get a grip on Ron's arm all night. I can't take a walk in the wind either. It just gets to me.

There weren't too many branches to pick up this morning. Just a couple of small branches.

I was very bad this week with my eating and I gained 1.6 pounds this week. I'm very disappointed in myself. I can't seem to stop eating. Even when I try to be good I seem to still eat too much. That portion control is my big problem. I have got to get back to LOSING instead of gaining. I'm so scared that I will go back to what I was. I can't let that happen.

The only good thing is that when I took my measurements yesterday, I lost 2 inches off my waist, since last year this time. Still nothing off my hips or thighs though. I sure can't understand that since I workout and walk. I did get back to my full workout this week. Just Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Monday I went to the dermatologist.

He froze a couple more spots and then I had him look at a spot on my tummy. I have had this spot for decades. The first dr. I went to in the 70's said it was nothing, but I had him cut it out anyway. He told me it would grow back but not to worry about it. Anytime it would grow back, I would freeze it off with that wart off stuff. This time, I felt paranoid about it and made this dr. take a look at it. He went hmmmmmmmmm and took a scraping. I have a feeling he will have to do some surgery on it. I will know in 2 to 4 weeks when the lab results come back.

I have come to the startling conclusion that getting old sucks.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #2605
snapppyd

I think the cold weather makes us want to eat more. I also gained a pound (or two) this week. For some reason we are drinking more beer? Doesn't make much sense in the winter, but we have really been enjoying that cold beer too much lately

I was so proud of not catching DH's cold this week, then this morning I woke up and started to feel a sore throat

I've been a little stressed out because we are losing our parking spot after 28 years. Now during the week I have to park on the street and we have alternate side parking here. Problem is people don't know how to park and I know my poor car will be all scratched up in no time

Oh well, enjoy the weekend everyone! Hope it doesn't snow!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #2606
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Hello Ladies!

I had typed out a little something on Tuesday evening, then our power went out, so I lost it. (no reason for the power to go out, it just did.)

DH & I got back from Disneyland on Monday evening. We walked our feet off! We stayed at our DVC at the Grand Californian, which has a direct entrance to that Park...so convenient! We got early entry to Disney's Calif Adventure or Disneyland every morning. We got there on Thursday evening, so waited to watch the World of Color - a spectacular water and light show. It's a lot of standing. You get there early to stake out a spot, then you stand for the 20 minute show. The first night was a great time to do it since we'd been in the car for 6 hours!

We're going to the "Who" concert tonight - our Christmas gift from our NY kids. (I'm bringing earplugs in case I need them!)

Big Game on Sunday - the entire area here is crazy over the 49ers! (we had season tix 35 years ago!)

I hope you all have some nice weekend weather.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #2607
Angelrose

Sorry you lost your parking spot snappyd. Any reason for that? Hoping for the best for you car. Hope your sore throat goes away fast!

I've seen pictures of The World of Color minniecarousel and it is spectacular. Glad you enjoyed your vacation there. Enjoy your Who concert. I don't watch the game myself. Somehow never got interested in any sports except for ice skating. I do watch that and of course the Olympics.

We did get some snow today. Now the forecast was just for some snow showers. So I went out when it had just started. By the time I got to IHOP it was SNOWING hard. While I was enjoying my red velvet pancakes (MMMMMM), I heard the waitress say that they are expecting four inches.

By the time I got out of there, I knew I just had to get home. I made a quick trip into Walmart and got a few essentials and started home.

That was one scary trip. A few times I was driving through whiteouts. Thankfully, the were only a few feet and I was through them. I was never so glad to get home safely.

About an hour later it had pretty much stopped and two hours later the sun came out and melted most of it away.

Tomorrow I will go back out and finish up my shopping.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #2608
snapppyd

Well we are preparing for a possibly heavy snowfall in NY. I've been sick all week so we are not going down to NJ this weekend. I'm bummed because I left my camera there and won't be able to take pictures of the snowstorm.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe the next few days!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #2609
Angelrose

Yes I saw that on the weather today. Looks like upper NY will be getting a foot or more. Not good. We will be getting just rain for most of Friday and maybe a coating of snow overnight through Saturday morning. I can deal with that.

I was all set to go to my WW meeting when Karen called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with the family. You betcha! I rarely miss a meeting so I don't feel too guilty. I thought maybe I had lost a bit of what I had gained last week, so we will see next week. I will really have to be good the rest of this week.

I get to babysit tomorrow night. Karen and Chuck want to go out to dinner and a movie because she has to go away for business next week and will miss Valentine's day. We will have fun tomorrow night.

Oh and the spot I was worried about on my tummy is BENIGN! I don't have to worry about it other than it looking gross. But then nobody is going to look at it except me. So I will just have to stop looking at my tummy. LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #2610
snapppyd

It's Snowing!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: