Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #2581
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my dear DIS friends.

Hope it's a great year for all.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2582
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Happy New Year! It was quiet for us, went to a small local restaurant for dinner and then I was asleep long before the ball dropped May have had something to do with that second bottle of wine, LOL!!!

Hope everyone is healthy and happy as we enter 2013!

4nana, those pics are beautiful!! thanks for sharing!

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #2583
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I had a wonderful but quiet New Year's eve and New Year's day. I spent the evening with Chuck and the family. After we put the kids to bed we watched X Men. I had never seen it before. As I was leaving around 9:30, the asked if I wanted to come over to watch the kids to give them a break on New Year's day. Of COURSE! I got there at 8am and we played and watched Elmo, Mickey Mouse and Doc McStuffins. Well, they watched, I read my Kindle.

I hadn't planned on staying longer but after lunch, the Chuck and Karen needed to do some grocery shopping, so I put the kids down for a nap and had about an hour and a half's peace and quiet. Jesse came down and said he couldn't sleep anymore. So we snuggled on the couch and he told me that he loved when I came over. AWWWWWWWWWW MELTMELTMELT.

When Zoey woke up, we went down the basement and played for a couple of hours. When Chuck and Karen came back, I gave the kids their big sugar cookies left over from Christmas and Chuck asked if I wanted to go to the playground with them. Karen wanted to run around the track. Chuck and I watched the kids play and talked about, what else? our next trip to Disney World next February.

After Karen finished her run, we all walked around the track 3 times and then Karen took the kids back to play while Chuck and I went around the track one more time.

When we got back Karen asked if I would stay for dinner. Now I don't like pasta, but I will eat Karen's stuffed cheese shells ANYTIME. They are so good and light.

After dinner we all went downstairs to play their new dance game on x box. Is there a pathetic category? Chuck did really well, but I was hopeless. Besides I can't jump around. I made Karen take my place. Oh my goodness, I never laughed so much. They both did so well. Chuck won most of the dances, but Karen did win one when the played YMCA. They were both pretty close though.

They let Jesse and Zoey try, but when Jesse couldn't do it perfectly within 5 seconds, he shut down. He just quits and stands there and looks straight ahead. I HATE when he does that. But no amount of coaxing could make him do anything. He was sulking and his next step was to his bedroom.

Karen tried everything and even told him to come back down and dance anyway he wanted, but he wouldn't. By that time it was bath and bedtime.

After that we watched X Men2. Now I can't wait to see the 3rd one. I got home around 9:45 and read until the news.

Oh here is my fancy sweater and earrings for New Year's Eve.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #2584
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

You look wonderful Mary!! Glad you had such a good time with the kids

Here is my birthday/Christmas present:

I have always loved this painting and it was on sale. It's called "Painter's Honeymoon" -it is so romantic! I spent too much but DH knew I have wanted it for so long so he told me to order it. Now I have to buy some accessories to to with it. One thing leads to another

The bottles of wine:

Last edited by snapppyd; 01-03-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #2585
Angelrose

Thank you snappyd. I needed to hear that tonight.

What a beautiful painting! It is very romantic. I'm so glad that is now gracing your home. Who is the artist?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #2586
snapppyd

I'm not sure, I bought it from Ethan Allen. It always "spoke" to me, lol!

Now that family are starting to post pics of Christmas on Facebook I realize we missed a lot this year. Hope DH can get vacation next year (or retire) so we can go back to spending time with everyone.

I don't like this time of year, I can't wait til spring and the first hummingbird sighting!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #2587
shortbun
Peacenik

The artist is Lord Frederic Leighton

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #2588
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
The artist is Lord Frederic Leighton
Thank you, I had no idea it was a famous artist. I purchased it from the furniture store I used to decorate my house.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #2589
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
4nana, what beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Some of those pictures ought to be on a Christmas card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
4nana, those pics are beautiful!! thanks for sharing!
Thx bunches for the compliments on photos....appreciate it....I am very blessed indeed!

AR, you do look marvelous darlin'!?!?!

And snapppyd, love your painting !! You look so cute w/your 2 bottles of celebration!!

Glad everyone had a nice New Year ! Ours was quiet here, I didn't feel up to par, so we just had a nice quiet dinner outing. The only thing rocking were our recliners , as we watched all the fun events on TV and the big 2013 countdown!

~
Nana & Pop Pop wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year full of blessings!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #2590
Angelrose

Thank you shortbun for the name of the artist.

snappyd, I know what you mean about something speaking to you. I feel the same way about moonstone. Especially the necklace that my friend gave me. (I'm wearing it on in the New Year's eve picture.) It's almost as if it is a part of me. I have a moonstone ring that Ron bought for me ages ago and I wear it every time I go out. I'm always rubbing it and the necklace.

Thank you 4nana. I appreciate the compliment.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #2591
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #2592
Angelrose

Thank you SnoWhiteRabbit. Happy New Year to you too. Glad to see you here.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #2593
Angelrose

Hello everyone. I still have my tree up, but all the ornaments are off and put away. Chuck will come next week to take it down for me. This weekend I will be babysitting tomorrow night while they have a date night and Saturday morning to keep the kids occupied while they start taking down their decorations. Then I go home for lunch and a break while they go to a birthday party. Then back around 4 or 5 to watch the kids again while they finish with the decorations.

Karen has to go away all of next week for work. They are not happy but she has to go. Poor Chuck has double duty with the kids all week. She will be going away once a month for a week for the next few months. It's really tough on both of them. I told Chuck I am always available to give him a couple of hours break if he needs it.

I still have my computer room to put away all the decorations there. That will give me something to do next week.

Oh and I got some WONDERFUL news this morning. My cousin is now cancer free! He got the all clear and called me right away. He will be leaving for Florida in a few days and I won't see him until June for our family dinner. I may have to give him a call in a month or so to check up on him anyway.

I'm still doing battle with my weight. I did lose .4 this week. I ran out of veggies half way through and over indulged one day, but I'm still trying. I will NEVER go back to what I was.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #2594
Angelrose

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. So HELLO everyone!

I did finally get my tree down and everything put away. I've been with my grandkids a few times. Monday I babysat with the kids while Karen did a few things. Then yesterday I babysat Zoey all day. She had a fever for a couple of days. She is teething and getting in four molars. Well, I lucked out and she didn't have a fever all day yesterday. She was feeling so much better and we played and watched cartoons all day.

I had to sit right next to her to watch some of her cartoons. "Grandmom, put away that (Kindle) and sit next to me to watch Sophia the first." There were two episodes that we watched twice. I have them etched on my brain now. The same with Doc McStuffins. I finally had to tell her that they weren't on anymore to save my sanity. LOL

Karen had told me that both kids asked when I was coming to see them over the weekend. Gosh that makes me feel so good.

It has been so COLD here the last couple of days. It didn't get above 20 here today. Right now it's back down to 14 again. I didn't venture out of my house today.

Oh, and over the weekend, I was going out on my back porch when I saw a fox! In the 40 years I've lived here, I've never seen one. He saw me and looked at me. I said HI and he sat down. I told him he was safe and that I wouldn't hurt him. He tilted his head like dogs do. Then I told him I had to go because I was getting cold. He got up and walked back into the woods.

Now it's not every day that you have a conversation with a fox! I swear he understood every word I said. LOL Poor thing had mange though. I hope he makes it.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #2595
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. So HELLO everyone!

I did finally get my tree down and everything put away. I've been with my grandkids a few times. Monday I babysat with the kids while Karen did a few things. Then yesterday I babysat Zoey all day. She had a fever for a couple of days. She is teething and getting in four molars. Well, I lucked out and she didn't have a fever all day yesterday. She was feeling so much better and we played and watched cartoons all day.

I had to sit right next to her to watch some of her cartoons. "Grandmom, put away that (Kindle) and sit next to me to watch Sophia the first." There were two episodes that we watched twice. I have them etched on my brain now. The same with Doc McStuffins. I finally had to tell her that they weren't on anymore to save my sanity. LOL

Karen had told me that both kids asked when I was coming to see them over the weekend. Gosh that makes me feel so good.

It has been so COLD here the last couple of days. It didn't get above 20 here today. Right now it's back down to 14 again. I didn't venture out of my house today.

Oh, and over the weekend, I was going out on my back porch when I saw a fox! In the 40 years I've lived here, I've never seen one. He saw me and looked at me. I said HI and he sat down. I told him he was safe and that I wouldn't hurt him. He tilted his head like dogs do. Then I told him I had to go because I was getting cold. He got up and walked back into the woods.

Now it's not every day that you have a conversation with a fox! I swear he understood every word I said. LOL Poor thing had mange though. I hope he makes it.

It was Ron, that old fox!

Sorry I haven't posted either. I was at the Jersey house all week with no computer. Got three bedrooms painted; the hardest part was emptying all the closets and then putting everything back. We did get rid of a lot of junk!

It is FREEZING I got in the car last night and the pressure was low in all 4 tires from the cold. I was really nervous driving into the city to pick up DH, but his knees have been so bad I didn't want him to ride home on the subway in this cold weather.

I made a big pot of lentil soup yesterday. Then I roasted garlic and spread it on Italian bread with the soup - delicious. It tasted just like the garlic at the Yachtsman Steak House in Disney!

Hope everyone is having a good January!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: