Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #2566
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you 4nana for the compliment.

I took my car in yet again because I was still seeing oil stains on the blacktop. He looked at it and there are no leaks. What it was, was little pockets of oil from when it did leak all over on the undercarriage and everywhere else. So he cleaned that all up and hopefully there won't be another problem.

I made a quick stop at the grocery store and then came home. I had a call to make.

You see, being the computer wizard that I am, I canceled my WW monthly pass subscription instead of the active link subscription. I just noticed it this weekend. So all this month I have been going to meetings without paying! EEEEEKK! The girl was very helpful and got me back with the monthly pass at my old rate. She must have sensed that I was in a panic. Who meee??? I was practically crying to her. I get very upset with little problems like this. Plus, the rates have gone up and I can't really afford to pay anything more than the old rate. So I was very happy and she must have had a story to tell her friends about the crazy old lady that called her today. LOL

When I stopped at the grocery store, this little fellow jumped into my cart. I couldn't stop him, he refused to leave, so I had to take him home.

As you know you must name your elf. His name is Dweezel Ivey. Yes, I know, I am ready to be committed.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #2567
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Prayers sent.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2568
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you SoCaOC-Mom. I appreciate it and can really use it this time of year.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #2569
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Love Dweezel Ivey! Enjoy!!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #2570
Angelrose

I made a different fudge for Chuck yesterday. I just used Reeces peanut butter chips instead of the semi sweet chips.

Here it is.

Chuck loved it. He even ate a piece before he left to go out to dinner.

I had a great time with Jesse and Zoey. I have to keep an eagle eye on Zoey though. She loves to get her brother in trouble. I didn't let her get away with anything though. I let them watch tv while I read my Kindle, but kept glancing over. LOL They are so much fun.

Chuck and Karen had dinner out and then went to see Skyfall. They loved it.

I got home around 10:40. It had just started to sprinkle when I got home.

We had quite a rain and wind storm in the middle of the night and lost power for a couple of hours. Just a few branches down but nothing major.

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. I always feel better when my hair is cut and colored and styled. I hope it will last until Christmas day.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #2571
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #2572
Angelrose

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my dear friends.

That is a beautiful picture snappyd. Thank you.

I'm going over early tomorrow morning to watch Jesse and Zoey open their presents from Santa. I can't wait. I will be there all day until after dinner. What could be better?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #2573
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Ah, yes, Merry Christmas Friends!

I'll bet you're looking forward to Christmas with the Grands, Angelrose! We had dinner tonight with our older son and daughter-in-law. We exchanged gifts then too. They gave me the Jim Shore 7 Dwarfs & the Kinkade Disney Dreams calendar. They really "get" me!

Gotta get some sleep - the whole family comes here on Christmas Day.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #2574
Angelrose

I love Jim Shore. I have many of his Disney figures. I love the Kinkade Disney calender. Hope you had a great Christmas minniecarousel.

I had so much fun on Christmas. I got there right about 7:15. Both kids were so excited. They opened their gifts and Zoey had to give me each of her presents. It was mostly clothes because they had gotten so many toys for their birthdays. I will have to post some of her clothes that I was trying on. LOL At one point she handed me all of her toys. I asked her why I was holding all her toys and she said, "because you want to". Perfectly logical.

Jesse got a Leap Pad and he was totally absorbed in all the games on it. He loved the gifts I gave him and so did Zoey. That made me feel good. Jesse and Zoey each gave me a present. Zoey gave me a pair of fuzzy socks with Rudolph on them, plus a gift card to the movies. Jesse gave me a pair of fuzzy socks with a snowman on them and a gift card to IHOP. I was very surprised since they had given me a Kindle. But I love the socks and the gift cards.

I took the kids downstairs to play for a while to give Chuck and Karen some peace. We ate these bacon and cheese scones for brunch that I got at Smithville. They were so good. Chuck didn't care for his, so I ate half of his too. There was one left over and I ate most of that for lunch. I can't believe I ate all that. Karen and I went downstairs to watch Pitch Perfect. It was very funny and had a lot of good music in it.

We had chicken and sausage gumbo for dinner. They make the best gumbo! For dessert I bought a chocolate peppermint mousse cake. OMG that was to die for. I think I could have licked the plate.

I played with the kids until it was their bedtime. Then we watched Die Hard 2. I had never seen it before and I liked it. It was a bit on the violent side, but it certainly was action packed.

I got home around 9:30 and was really tired. I watched a bit of tv and then went to bed.

Now I want to tell you something that happened the day after Christmas. I was watching a Christmas movie and fell asleep. Nothing strange about that. But I heard a loud noise from upstairs over the tv and thought to myself, "what is Ron doing up there now?" I tried to wake up to go see but just couldn't. When I did finally wake up, I just knew it was Ron wishing me a Merry Christmas. I did hear a noise, but nothing was out of place or fell. So it was just his way of getting my attention. That just put the icing on a very merry Christmas.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #2575
Angelrose

My goofy son with the cake.

Karen asked him if he was cutting the cake right.

Never complain to a man holding a knife. LOL

One of Zoey's new nightgowns.

It almost fits!

My fuzzy socks.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #2576
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Oh, Mary, I'm so glad you take comfort in your connections with Ron.

Those kids are so darling. I remember that some of the days with mine were looong, but the years flew by!

We had the usual chaotic fun at our house on Christmas Day. My niece and her husband have a little boy who is 15 months. It's fun to a have little one around for Christmas. (the little guy's grandpa is dad to 15 year old triplets! My brother's oldest is 38; he has the triplets and a now 21 year old with his second wife.)

No plans for NYE yet here. We'll probably see a movie in the afternoon, then have fresh dungeness crab for dinner......unless a friend comes up with a better offer!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #2577
snapppyd

We had a very quiet Christmas this year, just the two of us. We drove into the city for about an hour to look at the tree in Rock Center - but it doesn't show up that good in the daylight. The skating rink was nice though!

Going to our favorite local Italian restaurant for dinner on New Year's Eve, then going home to light the fire and watch tv.

I wish you all a happy, healthy and safe New Year!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #2578
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

So glad to hear everyone had a lovely Christmas making special memories!

Awww AR, so wonderful to hear you had a nice C'mas with your loving family, and that your beloved Ron sent you a message he is never far from your heart . Also thx bunches for sharing your comical photos . Looks like a good time was had by all.

We had a wonderful C'mas also, with both local DD's hosting family dinners and parties. Wonderful food, loving company, and lots of nice gifts was had by all, as we count as blessings . Also were fortunate to attend several of the grands holiday activites.

Thought I'd share a few holiday pix ~

Nana & Pop Pop's 13 sweet grands
'snow angel' thumb prints they had made for us~

Our angel tree top representing our son,
a US Army Major, and all dedicated soldiers ~

Our little c'mas tree in sun room that DH built
reflecting in the windows brings much solace in the evening ~

A few of my favorite Disney ornaments from our family grand gathering WDW trip ~

Some of our yummy desserts ~
~ lil DGD did these :-)

C'mas caroling & horse drawn wagon ride w/sweet grands ~

Grands get a kick out of Santa visiting our neighborhood on fire truck annually ~

Our Winter Wonderland blessing ~

~
Nana & Pop Pop wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year full blessings!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #2579
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

sending prayers your way!!!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #2580
Angelrose

minniecarousel, thank you and it is fun to have the chaos of little ones on Christmas morning.

snappyd, that sounds very romantic. Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO.

4nana, what beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Some of those pictures ought to be on a Christmas card.

DisneyDanielle85 thank you for your prayers. They are most appreciated.

Chuck asked me, if I wasn't too busy with all my fantastic plans for New Year's eve, to come over and spend it with the family and a couple of friends. He was being his usual goofy self. I accepted. It will be a fun evening, I'm sure. I'm also sure that we won't make it until midnight. I have a feeling everyone will be going home around 10. heh heh heh We are all such party animals.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: