Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #2506
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I love your style of writing! I was right there with you. I could picture it all. You're such a good Grandma. The whole idea sounds great: finding a pumpkin, hayride, corn maze...what could go wrong?! You're a good sport.

You all look so happy in your cousins picture. What a wonderful bond you have with them.

I'm starting to get excited about my trip to Disneyland with my sisters - less than 6 weeks now. The sister just 18 months older than me had the melanoma cut off her arm and they say they got it all! My oldest sis is feeling better after her radiation treatments. Not getting as tired as she was. They should both be good to go!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #2507
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you minniecarousel. I enjoy writing about my adventures. Plus I have a very strange sense of humor. Unfortunately my son seems to have inherited that from me and expanded upon it.

I'm so happy that both your sisters are feeling better now. Only 6 weeks away! I know how excited you are for this trip.

I'm excited about my next trip to Disney too. It's only 466 days away.
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #2508
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Hello my friends. Just wanted to check in and tell you that I am fine and so are Chuck and Karen. They never lost power at all. I lost power for about 15 hours. No trees down on my property and no water in my basement. But every leaf, acorn and small branch in creation is now on my yard, driveway and pool deck. Our town was very lucky. I only saw a couple of downed trees today.

Karen asked me to come shopping with her to get the kids something to do. We did our Christmas shopping at Toys R Us. I got everything I needed for both kids. Karen got all of her Christmas and birthday presents for Jesse's friends and some things for Zoey and Jesse.

Then we went to Penney's and got Jesse some new jeans and a sweater and a cute little sweater for Zoey.

We had lunch at the food court. We both got Philly cheese steaks and fries. Yeah, I am so looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night.

We took the kids to see Hotel Transylvania. Let me tell you that is one hysterical movie. Karen and I are both going to buy that as soon as it comes out on dvd and make it a Halloween tradition. I was laughing out loud and so was Karen. Zoey fell asleep and Jesse got a little scared at times, but he did laugh a lot through it too.

We cmae home and got the kids something to eat and as soon as Chuck came home from work we got the kids dressed in their costumes and went back to the mall for trick or treating. I'm glad we got there early because EVERYBODY in the whole world was there.

A lot of the stores ran out of candy. It got so crowded that Zoey got scared and daddy had to hold her. We were there for about an hour and then we left. The kids were happy that they got their treats.

Now on Monday, our governor has decreed that will be trick or treating night. That day I have to go get some work done on my shoulder for skin cancer. Not looking forward to that but it has to be done. I had it done before so not a real big deal.

Want to know what I did with no power? I put away all my Halloween decorations a day early and decorated my bedroom and computer room for Christmas. Yep, you heard that right. I get my house decorated and the tree up before Thanksgiving.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #2509
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

Decorating for Christmas already, eh? Nervous energy? I love hearing how much you seem to enjoy decorating for the holidays. Starting early makes sense.

I don't have much of a point of reference (my knowledge of US geography is lacking!) So I wasn't sure where you are located in the state. It's been very eye-opening to see the devastation. Thanks for checking in.

My daughter-in-law's family is in and near Southampton, NY. Most of them lost power, but nothing worse. Of course, I had to bite my tongue and not say anything about my son and DDIL moving to "hurricane country". eh - they've lived in "earthquake country" all these years!

We've gotten so few Trick-or-Treaters. Maybe it's because we live on a hill - no one wants to walk up and down it. At least I can take left over candy to work. High schoolers like candy!

Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #2510
Angelrose

minniecarousel, I am about 20 minutes north of Atlantic City. Just far enough inland that I am usually pretty safe. I live in a very small town, a little north of Absecon and 5 minutes from Smithville. I don't know if that helps you any.

I never get any trick or treaters because I have a very long driveway and it's kind of dark. I do live on 10 acres of woods. I have neighbors across the street from me and I go over and make their two boys up a bag with goodies for them. I spend Halloween night giving out candy at Karen's friends house while they all go out trick or treating. Now I'm hoping it doesn't rain on Monday night.

I have a lot of decorations to put out at Christmas and I have to do it a little at a time. I did more decorating today. I enjoy doing it and Ron used to love seeing everything. I'll try and post some pictures of my Christmas decorations.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #2511
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Hello ladies! I had a wonderful time with my sisters in Disney. Thanks to Sandy we had to extend our stay by two days! We only went to the Magic Kingdom one evening, spent the rest of our time relaxing by the pool, going out for drinks and dinners.

There was a level of stress with the three of us wondering what was happening back home. My DH works for the electric company, so he is now working 12-hour shifts, six days a week. He is exhausted.

My one sister's daughter lost her roof shingles, but not the actual roof. She was actually in Disney at the same time we were, and had to stay an extra 4 nights - it got very expensive for them. They have two little girls and were vacationing with good friends who also have two girls (ages 5 - 9).

I'm safely in my NY apartment - my neighbor down in NJ checked my house and said everything is fine- we are far inland. The devastation I have seen on my beloved Long Beach Island is heartbreaking - as is the destruction in New York and Connecticut.

Hope everyone is safe and warm, we are expecting a nor'easter to hit tomorrow into Thursday, which could mean more flooding for those already hit so hard.

DH's cousin lives in Staten Island and her house flooded. My niece's boss lost her home and her cars - they didn't evacuate when they should have and almost got killed when the water rushed through their windows.

I'll post some pics from our trip tomorrow.

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #2512
Angelrose

So glad you had a great time at DW. Also am glad that you didn't have any damage. Sending a big THANK YOU to your husband for all he is doing. It is much appreciated by all.

I am sorry about your DH cousins who lost so much. I've learned that when they say evacuate, you evacuate! Of course I have no say in the matter. Karen says, "Mom, you are coming here". And that's the end of the discussion. LOL

I had a great time last night with Trick or Treating. We went to Karen's friends house for pizza before all the kids went out. I can't help it, I ate two pieces of the most delicious pizza. It was called Mom's Pie. It was roasted grape tomatoes and mozzarella on a thin crust. I'm sure that is going to cost me at my weigh in Thursday. I gave out candy sitting in a nice warm house while everyone went out in the cold. I had a lot of fun.

Yesterday morning I went to daycare and read to the 3 year olds first and then into Jesse's room. It was very funny. Jesse was privileged and sat on my lap while I read. LOL But the other kids crowded around me. The teacher made them sit on the rug which lasted all of 2 seconds before they all crowded around me again. I loved every minutes of it.

Here are some pictures.

Here are a couple of pictures of me in my Cat in the Hat pj's.

Yeah, I am weird. But I love it.

I got my flu shot today at the CVS. It was great and my medicare pays for it. I glad that's over with.

I did my duty and voted first thing this morning. Hope everyone votes for the candidate of their choice.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #2513
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I love your Cat in the Hat costume! Looks like you were enjoying being with the children as much as they enjoyed having you in their classroom.

I don't blame you for indulging in the pizza. You have to live a little, right? Once in a while is okay, in moderation! That's what I tell myself, anyhow.

Good for you for getting your flu shot - so important. I got mine two weeks ago and hardly felt it at all.

Hope you have a good rest of the evening, Angelrose.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #2514
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Oh how I love your pictures! You really know how to enjoy life! Glad you had fun with the kiddies, they will always remember these moments

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #2515
Angelrose

Thank you BearcatsFan and snappyd. I'm glad you liked the pictures. I try to enjoy every day because you never know how many more you are going to have. I think Ron would be terribly disappointed in me if I didn't go crazy with the decorations for the holidays. Decorating the house also gives me something to do and cheers me up.

This is the beginning of November, isn't it? I didn't enter into a time warp and it's really January, did I? Then why do I have 2 inches of snow outside right now? I just hope we don't lose power again tonight. The lights have flickered once or twice, but they are steady now. It will probably all melt by tomorrow afternoon. At least I hope it does. I really want to get out and walk tomorrow. I feel like a slug right now. I haven't done my workout in over a week. First because I wasn't feeling well, then the power was out and now I'm decorating. Friday is my day out and shopping and Saturday I will be with Chuck and the family until after lunch. Sunday I do my grocery shopping. Maybe by Monday I can get back to it again. Of course I also need to use the leaf blower on the driveway. LOL Maybe by New Year.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #2516
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

I love that you read to the kids, Angelrose. Jesse must be so excited when you come in for that.

snapppyd - I'm going to Disneyland with my 2 sisters in a few weeks. I will have to remember to take it easy and not do the Parks "my way"! Which is up early, see everything and stay late! My husband and I are going back at the end of Jan, so I can go crazy then!

We are having crazy weather. At 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon, it was 79 degrees. At 6:15 today it is probably 20-25 degrees cooler, and we have rain coming. Not like you guys are getting, though. Our near-by 3800 foot mountain might get snow! (it's pretty at a distance - wouldn't want it just outside my door!)

Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #2517
Angelrose

Thanks minniecarousel. Jesse greeted me with "GRANDMOM! MY GRANDMOM!" AWWWWWWW that made me feel so special. I got a big hug too.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #2518
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

You look wonderful!!!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #2519
Angelrose

Thank you chell. Good to hear from you again.

I went out today for my end of week treat at IHOP. I went my usual way and there was a detour. No problem. The last time I went down another street and it got me back to the same road I needed to be. This time that street was also blocked, so I went down the next street.

OMG it was the street from hell. No, I take that back. It's wasn't a street at all. It was wall to wall pot holes. I don't think it has been repaved since time began. Everyone was going about 15 miles an hour and zig zagging all over trying to miss the biggest holes.

I finally get to another road and have no clue where I am. By some miracle I turned right and found myself.........yeah, back practically home again. So I back tracked and went on the Parkway and finally got to my IHOP 45 minutes later.

But those cinnamon pancakes were worth it. LOL I did some shopping at Walmart and got a new space heater for my car. I don't have a garage so I need the heater to warm up the car and get rid of the frost on those cold mornings. I stopped at the mall and bought a few things at Hallmark and then in Bath and Body Shop for Christmas presents.

I didn't take a chance of getting lost again on my way home. I just went back on the Parkway. I get lost so easy. I think even if I had a GPS in my car I would get lost.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #2520
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

he - I always said that I didn't want a car with GPS, but then I've used the directions finder on my i-phone and I like it. Thought the GPS would be too distracting and confusing - probably not though.

Looks like we're going to dinner in San Francisco tomorrow. My husband and son are working at a hiring event and daughter-in-law and I will join them later. We live so close to such an amazing city and rarely get over there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: