Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #2476
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Continued good wishes to Butch!

We saw a great show last Saturday - "Once Upon a time in New Jersey" - it was hysterical! They are hoping it goes to Broadway. They billed it as Happy Days meets the Sopranos, LOL!

Looks like more bad weather today My poor nephew had to cancel a BBQ two weeks ago because of the weather. They rescheduled for this coming Saturday and now more bad weather is predicted

I'm going to NJ tomorrow to renew my driver's license and then go to the dentist. Hope to be back on Thursday.

Hope everyone is well and having a good day!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #2477
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thanks snappyd. I haven't talked to Butch this week. I will probably give him a call next week to see how everything is going.

That show sounds great. I hope I get a chance to see it.

Well, what a storm we had last night! It was fine all day which is what they had predicted. And right around 8pm, like they predicted the rains came. I mean it POURED. It was online when I heard this wind burst and the lightning. I Absolutely HATE wind. I would always run to Ron for a hug when we had windy nights. Then I heard a CRACK and a BANG and the lights went out. I have flashlights in every room in the house. I turned off the computer and went downstairs to get my lantern. I looked out my front window and I see all these sparks coming from the transformer. UHOH It was like the 4th of July. More sparks, then a brilliant white flash and BANG and then another even more brilliant white flash and an even louder BANG. No more transformer.

I don't know if the lightning got it or the tree branches with the wind. So it was 8:30 and the fire trucks came, but there wasn't any fire. They went away and some trucks came to cut down the branches that were in the way. God bless those men because it was still pouring rain out there.

They went away and it was quiet and dark. I read my Kindle by my lantern light until 11 and then went to bed.

Around 2 the lights came back on. The electric company was just finishing up out there. I went downstairs to turn off the lights and went back to bed.

This morning there was no damage to my pool, thank goodness. I'm so glad I had it closed up on Monday. Just lots of leaves and small branches all over.

I went out front to get my paper and there was this huge tree across my driveway. Oh dear. No way could I move that thing. I was able to get my paper and mail and went back inside.

I was doing my exercise when I saw my neighbor from across the street come and look at the tree. He couldn't move it either.

He called me to tell me he had an appointment at 9, but when he got back he would cut it so that I could get out of my driveway and that he would get the rest of it on the weekend. God bless that man. He has been so good to me since Ron passed away. I know that Ron is smiling at him. I know he would be so happy to see how my two neighbors have done so much to help me.

Ron liked both men and did a few favors for them over the years. And they have repaid those favors tenfold. I am so lucky to have such good neighbors.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #2478
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Wow, sounds like you had a scary night; thank goodness no trees fell on your house! It's wonderful to have good neighbors.

Our basement was flooding every time we had a heavy rain; no one wanted to fix it. Our neighbor across the street came over one day, we got to talking and found out he is a plumber. The problem was a pipe running through our foundation. He cut the pipe and fixed the leak - no more water in the basement!

The party has been rescheduled to Sunday. Not too happy about doing all that driving on a Sunday, DH has to be up at 4:45 Monday morning for work, but they begged us to come. Fireworks are planned as soon as it gets dark, then we will hopefully be home by 10 or 11.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #2479
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Sounds like you have good neighbors too snappyd. It is such a blessing.

Have a great time at the party. Maybe your husband can sneak in a cat nap sometime during the party. I love fireworks. Except when some neighbors down the street do them. Not just of the 4th of July, but every birthday, anniversary, Be Kind to Pigeons day, anything at all. It does get annoying after a while.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2480
Angelrose

Butch called me tonight with an update. The cancer is very localized and hasn't spread. THANK THE GOOD LORD! We had a good talk. We talked about our parents and growing up together. Oh we did have some adventures. Our dads were like brothers. In fact Uncle Ernie was closer to my dad than his own brothers. They were so much alike. Both loonie birds like Butch and me. LOL They joked around and took care of my three aunts who never married and my grandmother.

We had a good talk and lots of laughs. We decided that we haven't changed a bit since we were kids. Same craziness and joking around. We just don't have fist fights anymore.

But as he was saying goodby, he thanked me for being his cousin and he loved me. I said the same right back to him. I know he's still scared of the treatment, but I know he will be fine. Because he has to be.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #2481
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Good news about Chuck. These things are scary, any good news is welcome, I'm sure.

I hope you have a nice week, Angelrose. I'm trying new hours at work. Actually, I'm going back to last school years hours: 7:15 - 11:10 AM (gotta keep it to 19.5 hours per week, otherwise they'd have to offer me health benefits & retirement!) I had adjusted my hours to just a little later, coming in at 8 AM, but the traffic just 45 minutes later is crazy! Some days, it was taking me twice as long with so many more commuters and parents taking students to middle and high school. Silly, since I'll be home at 11:30, which was great when my Mom lived with us. She wasn't alone for very long. Guess I'll consider a cat nap some afternoons!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #2482
Angelrose

Thanks minniecarousel. Butch is a great guy and his partner Don is perfect for him. I love Don and know that he takes good care of Butch when he's not feeling well. Don is just as crazy as the rest of us.

It's funny how a few minutes can make such a big difference in traffic. I've found the same when I got to babysit during the week. I can go at 8 or even 8:30 and it's fine, but just 15 minutes later and I run into traffic from heckingers.

You could take up a hobby or take a walk around the neighborhood. The fall weather is just perfect for walks.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #2483
Angelrose

I had such a great time at the Princess and Pirates Party for Jesse and Zoey. Karen asked me to come early to keep the kids occupied while they got ready for the party.

I got there around 10 and Chuck ran out to meet me. He had to tell me something. He has the whole Brady Bunch dvd set and started playing them. Jesse took one look at Florence Henderson with her blond hair and said, "Grandmom!". I thought that was so cute. Both kids were off the wall they were so excited. But I kept them occupied and then helped get the party ready.

It was almost 2 when we finally got everything ready and Karen flew upstairs to get ready and I got my costume on too. Everyone started arriving and it was wonderful. The characters and the photographer arrived right on schedule at 2:30. He took great pictures and I would like to share them with you.

Hope you don't mind, but there over 20 of them.

You see the pirate's sword? He gave that to Jesse to keep. I thought that was so sweet of him.

Isn't he cute? I wanted to take him home with me.

Karen made her own outfit and Zoey's.

Zoey and her best friend Anna.

Chuck is trying to keep away this naughty boy from blowing out Jesse's candles.

Two YUMMY cakes.

More pictures in next post.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #2484
Angelrose

The Pirate Wenches

These two were the sweetest people.

Walking the plank

I'm proud to say I was the ONLY one to fall off the plank into the sea. Alas, I was eaten by sharks.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #2485
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

AWESOME Pictures Angelrose!!!

What a great party!! Lots of happy faces..
Jesse is getting such a big boy and sweet Zoey, I can't believe what a little Princess she is...awwwww
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #2486
Angelrose

Thank you minnie56. He is getting to be so grownup and sometimes he is just his age. LOL He can be trying sometimes. But he is getting more human all the time. Miss Zoey has a mind of her own. She had to tell everyone at the party that she was NOT a princess. Nope, she was a Mermaid and don't you forget it!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #2487
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

5th Birthday Jesse! ~ Happy 2nd Birthday Zoey!

Thx so much for sharing their BD party pix AR, looks like such fun and a good time was had by all !! Love their cakes and all the neat costumes ! Geez...where has time gone...can't believe Jesse is 5 and Zoey is 2 already! Thx bunches, we feel like part of the family watching them grow up . I might add... girl you make a pretty good looking wench!?!?!?

PS ~ Godspeed your cousin Butch. Thx for the update and prayers for a successful treatment plan.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #2488
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the pirate and princess birthday party! Looks like all the kids had a great time!

I am sorry to hear about your cousin. My best friend's mom had been diagnosed with rectal Cancer about 1 1/2 years ago and she is cancer free now. She had a partial round of chemo and then radiation to prepare for surgery and at the pre-op appointment the tumor/mass was gone! She never had to have surgery. She did end up going to finish the rest of the chemo course as a precaution and the cancer is still gone. She is doing very well. So it's definitely treatable/curable especially if it is caught early. I will definitely keep him and your family in my prayers.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #2489
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

2484 picture 1
I love the way the two little babies are looking at each other.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #2490
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. I really had the best time at the party. Jesse won't be 5 until November 13th but it's so cold in November that they decided to have both parties together.

And thank you for saying I made a good looking wench.

Thank you rndmr2. That is such good news about your best friend's mom. And it is very encouraging. I called him last night and he said his first round of chemo and radiation went well. He didn't have any side effects at all. All his doctors are very supportive and caring. That makes me feel better to know that.

funkychuckymonkey, I love that one too. They are just checking each other out. All the kids got along so well at the party. Only a couple of tears and they were minor things. It was a great success. (except for the part where I was eaten by sharks). LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: