Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #2461
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I had a great time with the kids on Friday. Jesse was the only one at the playground in the mall for a while. So I went over and made him laugh. Pretty soon some other kids came over and he was happy. When they left I got out a pen and a notebook and let him draw.

He got restless and he wanted to see if they were done with Zoey's birthday pictures. We were in luck. They were done. But both kids were getting rammy. Zoey wasn't cooperating with getting her picture taken, but the girl is a miracle worker and got some very good shots.

Karen decided to take the kids home for lunch and a nap. I went home and had my lunch and watched tv. Then I got changed and went back to give Zoey her presents and go to dinner at Olive Garden.

Zoey loved her Ariel coach and was playing with it until she got the present from mommy and daddy. It was an Ariel doll that you could brush her hair and put a tiara on her head. It's a good thing it was a doll. I think Zoey could have done some real damage to a head with that tiara.

Then we all headed out to Olive Garden. I know Jesse loves their ravioli. I got the chicken Marsala which was heavenly.

Jesse started to say he didn't feel good and that his tummy hurt. UHOH!

He didn't eat more than a couple of mouthfuls. He felt so bad that he just laid down on the floor. Karen wasn't happy about that, but what can you do.

Chuck took him to the bathroom and he said he felt better. He ate a couple of bites of chocolate cake and then said he didn't want anymore.

We stopped at Toys R Us and I had Jesse in the cart with me and Chuck. He told daddy that he didn't feel good, so Chuck took him to the bathroom.

Well, you know where this is going. I went to find Karen to tell her. We were walking around when I hear Chuck yell for Karen to come to the bathroom.

She goes in to find Jesse buck naked and vomit everywhere. Poor kid couldn't make it to the toilet. She ran out and got some paper towels to clean up what she could and get Jesse a change of clothes that she just happened to have in the car. The people at Toys R Us where very nice and told us not to worry about the mess, they would get a cleaning crew in there.

Chuck found a plastic bag and told Jesse to use it if he felt sick in the car.

He did twice more.

They had a job cleaning everything up when we got home. Jesse went straight to the bathroom and got a nice hot bath.

I left right after that. Both kids needed to go to bed and Chuck and Karen weren't going to be able to sit around a talk.

I felt so bad for Jesse. I know he loves to eat there. He had had some left over ravioli for lunch and they were a week old. He has a delicate tummy so that is probably what made him sick.

The next day her was sick once in the morning and then he was fine.

I got there to babysit around 3 while Chuck and Karen got dressed up for dinner and a show in Atlantic City. It was a comedian named CK Lewis or something. They really enjoyed it.

The kids were pretty good. Zoey was having a bad day with potty training. I would take her every 15 minutes and she would say NO. LOL "What do you mean, NO?" I picked her up and put her on the potty. Well she didn't go.

She is stubborn. I'm afraid she gets that, not only from her mom, but me.

I gave the kids a little dinner and then her once more to the potty. Nope, nothing.

I sat down to eat my frozen dinner. It only took me a few minutes. Then I smelled that unmistakable order. ZOEY did you poop? NO. Unfortunately she did.

I am too old for this. But I cleaned her up and put her in a diaper.

We played for a while downstairs and then it was bedtime. Zoey was very tired and went right to sleep. Jesse is allowed to stay awake and play his video games until 8. Then he has to go to sleep. I tucked him in and went downstairs to read.

He called to me a little while later. He wanted to kiss his mommy and daddy goodnight. I told him that they would be very late and he would see them in the morning.

They came back a little after 9 and Jesse was still awake and had to kiss mommy and daddy goodnight. Then he was happy to sleep.

I got home around 9:30. I was so tired and I don't know why. The kids were good for me. But I was falling asleep trying to stay awake for the news.

I did manage to stay awake for the weather and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I'm babysitting again tomorrow night for a couple of hours while Chuck and Karen go out for their anniversary dinner.

This weekend sure kept me busy. I did go out Saturday morning and got a few things at Walmart and Target. I've discovered that Target's own brand of yogurt is really good. Archer Farms honey almond fat free is out of this world.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #2462
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Hi
Hope your little guy is all better ..it gets to me everytime one of my grandkids is sick ..I never get use to it .
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #2463
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

sweet Zoey! Sounds like you had a busy and enjoyable week-end with kids and grands Angelrose . Glad you got to Olive Garden for Zoey's BD dinner, it is one of our fav places. I'm so sorry your lil Jesse got sick, know how worrisome that is, glad to hear he bounced back in short order.

We had a busy week-end here also. We celebrated DH’s BD by going to Cirque du Soleil ‘Totem’ at National Harbor on Sunday. Totem was just wonderful ~ loved the music, costumes, performers, and we really enjoyed the show . Later we did dinner at a cozy Italian restaurant we like.

Today we had planned to go to the Renn. Festival w/kids, but was misting off and on and threatening rain 70%, so we called it off. The kids went to plan B and brought dinner over, with BD pie and IC for dessert. It's always fun spending an enjoyable evening with kids/sweet grands, we count our blessings.

Can't wait to see the lil Miss Zoey's BD photos! Hope you have a good week!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #2464
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Sounds exhausting!
but fun

I can imagine how difficult it must be to see the little guy sick like that. And oh, what a mess!

We had a busy weekend of baseball games. The A's swept the lowly Red Sox! I had given the Friday night tix to my nephew - that was the doozy 20-2 win! The game today was against the Angels and we lost - boooo! But we got to go onto the field before the game and got some player autographs (mostly pitchers.)

Back to the grindstone tomorrow. I like my little job, but sometimes....

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #2465
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

It is hard to see them sick 4 mickey. He looked so sad poor kid. But he was all smiles on Saturday.

Thanks 4nana. Zoey wanted another birthday today. LOL We had to explain that you only get one a year. She still doesn't understand that. But I thought it was cute. After you get to my age, you don't even want one a year. Maybe one every 10 years or so sounds better. The Cirque show sounds wonderful. I would love to see a show. I've never gone to a Renn faire. But they look beautiful on tv.

minniecarousel, I'm glad you got to go to your baseball games and got autographs. That is always so exciting.

I babysat tonight for a couple of hours. The kids were very good and I got Zoey to go on the potty 3 times. She is learning. We went down in the basement to play and I had Zoey on one knee and Jesse on the other. Fun times!

I put them both to bed at 7 and Zoey went right to sleep. Jesse wanted me to read him a story before bed. I tucked him in and read my Kindle until the kids came home. They had a great dinner at Carrabas. We talked for a while and then I came home.

We had over 4 inches of rain today and more expected tomorrow. No pool for me. I hope I can get in tomorrow. If I stay in I have to do housework. LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #2466
Angelrose

Zoey's birthday pictures.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #2467
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

How cute she is!

She's looking more like a little girl and less like a baby! (I know they grow up, but it seems like in the last pictures, she was a baby!)

Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #2468
Angelrose

Thanks minniecarousel. She is growing up so fast. She certainly has her own mind. She can be stubborn and then she gives you that sweet smile and I just melt.

I can't wait for the Princess and Pirate birthday party for both kids on the 29th. You should see the little mermaid outfit that Karen is making for Zoey. It is so pretty. Now Jesse wants Karen to make him a pirate outfit. He doesn't want to be left out. But he has a perfectly good pirate outfit that still fits him, so I think he will just have to live with that one.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #2469
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I got some upsetting news yesterday. My cousin, who I grew up with and was my partner in crime just told me he has rectal cancer. He thought it was just a hemorrhoid.

He had called to tell me of the date of our family dinner and was joking around as usual and then told me about the cancer.

I am just so worried about him. He was just 64 yesterday and he had to go to the doctor to see about treatment on his birthday.

I've been praying that he will be OK. He could use all the prayers he can get. He just HAS to be alright.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #2470
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

I will keep him in my prayers, too. They have made remarkable advances in cancer treatment - hopefully, he will respond well to treatment.

I recall how important your cousins are to you. It's so hard to see and hear of our loved ones going through these things.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #2471
Angelrose

Thank you minniecarousel. He emailed me last night to thank me for my prayers and to tell me all the doctors he went to see on Friday.

He will start chemo and radiation next week. I know that will not be easy for him. I just hate that he has to go through this.

But with all the prayers being said in his behalf I know he will be OK.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #2472
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angel, just want to let you know Zoey's 2nd BD pictures are adorable ! I still think she favors you ! We've all enjoyed being a part of your sweet grands lives via internet , watching them grow up and hearing about all the good times.

So very sorry about your cousin and will surely keep him in my prayers ((hugs)). Cancer is everyone's nightmare and such a scary time, but the medical world has grown by leaps and bounds in cancer treatment/therapy, so hopefully he'll be in very good hands. I have a friend with rectal cancer whose had lazer surgery and chemo. Nedless to say, altho he had his ups and downs, thankfully a year has passed and things are looking up - praying your dear cousin has a successful treatment and complete recovery also. Godspeed ^i^
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2473
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. Zoey is such a sweetie. She knows how to wrap grandmom around her little finger. She looks at me with those big blue eyes and I melt. I have to guard against that!

Thank you for your prayers for Butch. We are hopeful that they caught it in time. I will have to get more information later this week.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #2474
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Love the pics of Zoey, I can't believe she is two already! She is adorable, and she does look like you!

Prayers and good thoughts for your cousin, it is such a scary diagnosis. We all will be wishing him well in his treatment.

On a lighter note, we got our new car on Saturday, a black Toyota Camry. I love it! It's the first time in 30 years that we have two cars - getting ready for Dh to retire.

I'm trying not to think too much about 9/11 - I was working in Manhattan that day and was never so scared.

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 09-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #2475
Angelrose

Thanks snappyd. I can't believe she is two either. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in the hospital.

I got a call from Butch tonight. He met with doctors all day today. He really likes all his doctors. His radiologist spent over an hour and a half with him and then gave him her cell phone number in case he had any questions. I thought that was so sweet of her.

They think it is stage two, but won't know for sure until they do more tests. He gets the port in the end of the week and his first chemo will be October first.

I really appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts from all of you. It means so much to me.

I don't like to think too much about September 11 either. I remember the horror of watching it on tv. All those poor souls lost. It just breaks my heart.

God bless our country.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: