Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #2431
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Oh Angelrose, you will LOVE having a Kindle! I got mine last Christmas and it goes everywhere with me. You'll have to post how you like it once you get it.

I'm with you on the weight loss thing - stuck, stuck, stuck! Hopefully soon we'll both get UN-stuck!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #2432
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

You know I didn't want one for the longest time, but once I used Karen's, I couldn't wait to get my own. I guess it's time to get into the 21st century!

As soon as I get it, I will let you all know how I like it. I know it will be great to take along while waiting in the dr's office or on the plane to go to Disney. I only have 541 more days to go until we leave for WDW again. Should I pack now???
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #2433
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Of course you should pack now - or at least start your list!

Make sure you check with your local library to see if they are part of the ebook project, also - then you can get current books for free and not have to worry about returning them.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #2434
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Now don't laugh, but my bag with all my bath and stuff is always packed. I just add last minute things the week before we go away. The clothes I take only take a few minutes to pack because they are all by themselves in my closet. I am very organized that way. I have all the phone numbers of the limo services I use ready to use.

Karen does all the planning and gives me the itinerary a few weeks before. She is my super planner.

Chuck got all 70 books to download once he gets my Kindle. That is due to arrive on Tuesday. He will need a day to download them all and probably another day to organize them. I will have it by next weekend. YIPPITY SKIPPITY. He knows all the sites to get free books or at least very low prices. So I am good on books for at least a year.

Can you tell I am super excited about it??
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #2435
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

You won't catch me laughing - most of our bath items stay packed as well. You're very lucky to have Karen in your life to do things like that for you!

Can't wait until you get your Kindle ... but then you will be so busy reading you won't have time to DIS anymore!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #2436
Angelrose

Oh that will never happen. I love the DIS too much. It's so good to have friends here that support and cheer you on.

Yes, I am blessed to have Karen do the planning. When Ron was alive, I was the planner. I would do everything on line except the room reservations. I was petrified to make phone reservations. He would have to do that. I have no idea why I had so much trouble talking to people. Even today, I get butterflies in my tummy when I have to call someone for the first time.

It took me several months before I got up the nerve to first post on here. I read so many trip report threads and dining threads, but mostly lurk. I've been a member of the DIS for several years and I'm getting better at it now.

So I was very thankful when Karen did all the planning. She did ask my advice on a few things, but mostly she did it all.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #2437
teacherlisa1978
DIS Veteran

Angelrose, I just got a kindle too-last night! An early birthday gift so I can use it for our trip next week! I love it already, hope you do too! I can tell I'm going to read a whole lot more with it, and I already read quite a bit.

And I'm exactly the same way about phone calls, I can't stand to make them, have to really gear myself up for it. Isn't it wonderful how much we can do online now?

That's great that Karen does so much of the planning but also takes your thoughts into consideration. Sounds perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Carsland, Candy Corn, and Caramel Macchiatos-a DLR Trip Report
Disneyland: 1989, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
Disneyland Paris: 1994-free trip won through the Disney Store!
Walt Disney World: 1992, 1997, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
teacherlisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #2438
Angelrose

Good to hear from you teacherlisa1978. My cousin is a teacher also. I'm glad that you love your Kindle. I can't believe I'm so excited about this, since a few months ago I didn't want one. LOL Now I have to wait until next weekend to try it out.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates to make calls to people I don't know. That makes me feel better.

Karen is such a sweet girl. She is good at everything she does. She is so artistic too. You should see the quilts she has made. I am so blessed to have her as a daughter in law. I kind of like Chuck too.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #2439
Angelrose

I got my Kindle last Sunday. Oh WOW, I just love it. I can make the print larger and it's so easy to use. I have half a book left to read before I can start reading on my Kindle. Although I may cheat and start to read before I finish my book.

Karen got a request from Jesse's day care teacher. She asked if I would dress up in my pirate costume and be in character to read a pirate story on Tuesday. I cannot wait to do this. I am going to be Captain Grandmom.

Jesse will be able to wear his pirate costume and sit by me while I read the story. How much fun is this going to be??

Is it Tuesday yet?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #2440
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I got my Kindle last Sunday. Oh WOW, I just love it. I can make the print larger and it's so easy to use. I have half a book left to read before I can start reading on my Kindle. Although I may cheat and start to read before I finish my book.

Karen got a request from Jesse's day care teacher. She asked if I would dress up in my pirate costume and be in character to read a pirate story on Tuesday. I cannot wait to do this. I am going to be Captain Grandmom.

Jesse will be able to wear his pirate costume and sit by me while I read the story. How much fun is this going to be??

Is it Tuesday yet?
Captain Grandmom - I love it!

My sis got good news at her results appt - they feel that they got it all and her lymph nodes are not involved. I go with her to all of her appts, but once she starts daily radiation, she'll do that on her own. They have valet parking and will take no more than 2 hours out of her day.

My other sis and I got a Kindle for this Sis for her birthday a few weeks ago. My older son had a stick with hundreds of books on it. We loaded it all onto her computer, I hope she understood how to move them to her Kindle. I'll make sure she has an Amazon.com account. I get daily E-mails alerting me to Free Kindle Books through Amazon.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #2441
Angelrose

Oh minniecarousel, that is such good news about your sister. I'm so happy to hear that.

I'm almost finished my book and have started to read the beginning of a book on my Kindle. I do love it. I have started a list of books that I want as soon as they come out. One isn't even published yet, and the other isn't due out until the end of November. So I have plenty of time to get started on reading the books that Chuck downloaded for me.

We had rain this morning so I didn't get a chance to swim at all. I was so lazy. I spent most of the day watching dvds and reading. Tomorrow I hope to get in some walking at Storybook Land with the grandkids. I do feel better when I've had some exercise.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #2442
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

So glad you finally got your Kindle and that you're loving it! Told ya! I download books nearly every day, depending on what I can find for free.

Sorry to hear you had to miss your swim today. Sometimes it's nice just to have a relaxing day, though. My DH and I spent the day shopping and working in the yard. Believe me, I'd rather have been reading and watching DVDs!

Have fun with the grands tomorrow.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #2443
Angelrose

Thanks BearcatsFan. I have over 70 books in my Kindle right now. That should last a while. I have a few series that I have been following for years and lots of scifi stories. I also have 50 Shades of Gray to re read and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to re read.

Hopefully I'll be able to get in the pool on Monday. It's getting to that time of year when I can only get in the pool in the afternoon when it has warmed up. I have some solar heaters that do a great job, but the sun only gets to them around noon. Sad to say but I probably only have a month left before I have to close it up for another year.

Then it's back to my exercise dvd and walking. Not as much fun as swimming. But it does the job.

Tomorrow looks like the weather will cooperate for going to Storybook Land with the grandkids. I love it as much as they do. (We'll keep that part a secret)
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #2444
Angelrose

I had a great time at Storybook Land with Jesse and Zoey. I thought you would like to see this picture Karen took of us sitting in a big book chair. You can't see all of it, but behind us in a huge state of Mother Goose.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #2445
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Looks like you all had a great time!

One week and I'll be back to work (I work half-time at a high school). I can't believe the summer is just about over!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: