Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #2386
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

thank you snappyd. I will miss her so much. But the small comfort I have is that she is now free of pain and up in heaven.

Today the heat was just awful. The pool water was 82 and felt cool! The air temp was over 100 and very humid. I did spend all day in the pool. It really felt good.

Karen isn't happy about me swimming alone too. But it is what it is. I have my cell phone out there with me. But I swam alone for many years while Ron was working. Even when he was home, I would swim for hours in the morning while he was on his computer. He would come down and swim for about an hour with me before lunch. It was in the afternoon that we both swam for a couple of hours. I know I am older now, but I think I am in good shape for an old lady. LOL I make sure I have enough to drink and I put on sunblock. I take all the precautions. Of course, you never know what can happen, but I can't live with fear. I did that enough when I was younger.

Ron taught me to be confident and in the past three years, I have found that I can do a lot of things all by myself. I fix things, I never thought about before. I drive myself all around. I never drove when Ron was here. The only time I drove was a couple of hours when we would drive down to DW. That was it for the year. He drove me everywhere I needed to go.

He just loved doing things for me. I sure miss so many things about him. Sometimes I wonder how I ever got so lucky to have him for those 43 years. I am truly blessed.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #2387
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Dang, I forgot to say have a great weekend at LBI. The weather will be great all weekend. ENJOY!
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #2388
Angelrose

aaaaand I forgot to tell you that my beanie club was a Yahoo club from way back. It was called Beanie Angels and Friends. After Yahoo didn't have clubs anymore we went on to have our own private club that is still going strong today. We only have 5 members now. Three have passed on and a few don't post but are still on our email list. We have all been friends since 1998! Isn't that something?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #2389
CozumelDisneyFan
shooping cart hooks?..... Aluminum foil roll securers?..... an arrow???
Sheesh......I must live under a rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
My DH, the light of my life is in a coma. He fell and hit his head on Monday. He said he really saw stars and was done working for the day. He went through the basement and took off his work clothes, went upstairs and got a shower. He even used his squeegee to clean the shower. He was trying to make it to bed when he fell. I was downstairs making his lunch and didn't hear him fall. I finally went upstairs about 10 minutes later to find him unconscious on the floor. We got him to the trauma unit and the dr told me they needed to get him into surgery immediately to get out the blood from the subdural hematoma. Everything went well.

He can follow commands, like squeeze my hand but he just hasn't opened his eyes yet.

Please pray that he does soon. He is in great shape for his age (73) So that is in his favor. We have been married 44 years this July. I NEED him to be OK.

Thanks.
Prayers, thoughts and love on the way

CozumelDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #2390
Angelrose

Thank you CozumelDisneyFan. I appreciate it.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #2391
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
aaaaand I forgot to tell you that my beanie club was a Yahoo club from way back. It was called Beanie Angels and Friends. After Yahoo didn't have clubs anymore we went on to have our own private club that is still going strong today. We only have 5 members now. Three have passed on and a few don't post but are still on our email list. We have all been friends since 1998! Isn't that something?
Wow! I still have SO MANY beanie babies, I can't part with them! We had a nice weekend, went to the beach for a couple of hours Saturday and Sunday.

BUT, OMG! We got caught in such a bad storm on Friday. We were going to Manahawkin to shop and a huge thunderstorm started. I thought the hail would crack windshield, the road flooded and we were stuck on Route 72 for a while. The thunder and lightning were right over us, I was really afraid.

We just got back to NY, will post more tomorrow.

Have a great night!!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #2392
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #2393
Angelrose

snappyd, we had lots of rain here but no hail, thank goodness. Where I live the storms usually go north or south of us and we stay in a little hole of safety. I was in the pool and I could hear the thunder off to the north and the dark clouds. Then I saw it to the south of us. I noticed that the dark clouds were getting closer. I only had 15 more minutes to make my two hours. Then I saw this big lightning flash. ZOOM! I got the cover on the pool and got my towels, just as it started to rain. As soon as I got inside it started to pour. So I was lucky.

I used to have so many Beanie babies, but I got rid of most of them. I gave them to Big Brothers/Big Sisters. They come around and pick up. Some I gave to Jesse and Zoey. I still have some of my favorites and the holiday ones. But sooner or later, I will have to get rid of most of them too.

Thank you lilsk8nmac, I appreciate it. Today Ron would have been 77.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #2394
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

And you got through today too, Angelrose. I love the way you face these milestones head-on. Keep on keeping on!

We got back from Disneyland on Friday evening. Unfortunately I didn't take ONE picture! My son took hundreds. We had a great time. I was spoiled with our previous 2 stays at the DVC property at the Grand Californian. We had a fantastic view of Disney California Adventure Park (the second Disney Park, adjacent to the original Disneyland). They have a nighttime water & light spectacular twice nightly that we could see (mostly) from our room. We didn't have that lovely view this time. Oh well, maybe next time.

Carsland just opened at DCA and they have a spectacular new ride: Radiator Springs Racers. The cars fit 6 people and are similar to Test Track. It's themed so nicely. But - get this - I got in line at 6:15 last Wednesday morning so that we could get on the ride! When the Park opened at 7 AM, we walked right on (winding through a very long queue) and then got right into the single-rider line to ride it once more. The line was rumored to be up to 4 hours. Mousewait only goes up to 135 minutes, so that was never accurate.

Disneyland is not known for its' fine dining, but the Grand Californian Hotel has the Napa Rose and we treated our son & daughter-in-law one evening. What a great meal! The other special event we did was a special seating of Fantasmic!. F! at Disneyland is set on the Rivers of America - not at all like the theater at the Studios for F! in WDW. At Disneyland, people stake out a seat on the ground hours ahead. Some of the areas require that you stand, not sit. BUT - we paid for seats and they served us a plate of nice desserts and something to drink. We remained in our chairs to watch the fireworks. How nice to be able to sit comfortably for both of those!

The best part of the trip was spending time with our older son & daughter-in-law. They are crazy Disney nuts like us. We didn't spend every minute together & we all came home still liking one another!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #2395
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Today Ron would have been 77.
Angelrose, if they have BD's in heaven, I bet your dear Ron had one glorious BD as he smiles upon you from above .
Love ya girlie!

Quote:
4nana, I'm so sorry your son and his family are being moved across country. I know that will be so hard for you. They do move them around in the military. But at least he is still in THIS country. I'm so happy to hear that. You have a right to be proud of him serving our country and his family that supports him. God bless him and his family for their service.
Thx AR! Yes, God bless and thanks to all our brave military and their families for their many sacrifices. Praise God, we're very blessed he will be stationed state side, for any day in our wonderful 'land of the free ~ home of the brave' is a Godsend compared to the long tours of duty he pulled in Iraq and AFG.

We've been blessed to talk daily via cell, email, FB, and really enjoyed following their cross coutry trip and pix they sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
Think of it as an excuse to travel - Hope they have a safe journey to their new home.
Thx snapppyd, they have arrived safe and sound and everything falling into place . We've had a couple trips to Colorado when they were stationed there bofore ~ went out for the births of our grandchildren . It is indeed beautiful country...no humidity and no bugs too boot!! Praying they keep those terrible fires under control. I'm sure we'll enjoy visiting again.

Quote:
I got some sad news tonight. My online friend has passed away. She was in such pain from ruematoid arthritis and heart problems that it is a blessing for her. Just hard for her sister and her friends. We have been friends since 1998. We met online at a beanie baby club and have been friends ever since.

She was a good friend and I will miss her.
I'm so sorry to learn of your friend's passing AR.
Sending ((hugs)) and prayers to you and all those who loved and will deeply miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post

BUT, OMG! We got caught in such a bad storm on Friday. We were going to Manahawkin to shop and a huge thunderstorm started. I thought the hail would crack windshield, the road flooded and we were stuck on Route 72 for a while. The thunder and lightning were right over us, I was really afraid.
Those types of storms are fast and furious and scary indeed . Glad you made it home safely . We had that happen a couple yrs ago in So Dk. We were driving a rental car, the road/land was covered w/huge hail balls bouncing around, cars/tractor trailers were wrecking. Even our rental car suffered hail damage ~ we were so glad when it was over and we were safe and sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
We got back from Disneyland on Friday evening.
Sounds like a wonderful family trip for all making special memories! Maybe someday we'll be fortunate enough to do Disneyland!

Later this week we're headed to N.C. for 5 days for our sweet DGD's 8th grade graduation.
We have a party and some surprises in store for her . Can't wait!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #2396
Angelrose

minniecarousel, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in DL. Chuck and Karen went there on their honeymoon, but I've never been there. I'm glad you had time to spend with your son and DIL and enjoyed every minute of it. That's always the best fun when you can share it with family.

4nana, enjoy your trip to NC and your granddaughter's 8th grade graduation. Now I want to know what surprises you have in store for her. I'm so nosy!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #2397
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Thx AR! I have 2 suites reserved at the new Hilton in their town...shhhh ! One for her parents and one for us and grands . We will have a pool party and her parents are doing a special dinner outing in her honor. Oh... am giving her flowers at graduation and I'll have balloons and other treats waiting in room. She is going to be super excited - she absolutey loves the made to order hot brkf choices at Hilton and the afternoon tea/cookies offered. Hopefully her Mom & Dad will enjoy their lil break too! Can't wait!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #2398
Angelrose

Oh my goodness that sounds wonderful 4nana. For my 8th grade graduation, I got my picture taken (by my dad). That was it. No big deal. I did get flowers for my high school graduation. But no party or anything at all. I really didn't want one. I was just glad to be done with school. I got good grades, but just wanted to get a job and help with the finances.

Luckily my first job was where I met my Ron. Things have a way of working out in the strangest ways.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #2399
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I'll be computer-less for the next week.

HAPPY 4th TO EVERYONE!!!!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2400
Angelrose

Happy 4th to you too snappyd. Hope you have a great holiday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: