Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #2371
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

How are you doing tonight?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #2372
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Pretty good BearcatsFan. I am swimming a lot so that tires me out so I don't have to think about Friday. Of course night comes and when I get into bed, he isn't there. I do say goodnight to him every night. That helps.

I called my friend tonight. She lost her husband 6 years ago and still cries when it's the anniversary. She told me it never goes away. I know that. She was married for 67 years so, of course she misses him terribly. Her husband and mine got along wonderfully. Jack gave wonderful hugs. I miss him too. He was a good friend.

We can survive. It's just very hard at times. Most of the year, I'm pretty good, but in May and June I do get so weepy. Ron was such a wonderful husband, father and friend. Plus he was just as crazy as me. He had a wicked sense of humor and a great laugh. I miss him.
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #2373
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Pretty good BearcatsFan. I am swimming a lot so that tires me out so I don't have to think about Friday. Of course night comes and when I get into bed, he isn't there. I do say goodnight to him every night. That helps.

I called my friend tonight. She lost her husband 6 years ago and still cries when it's the anniversary. She told me it never goes away. I know that. She was married for 67 years so, of course she misses him terribly. Her husband and mine got along wonderfully. Jack gave wonderful hugs. I miss him too. He was a good friend.

We can survive. It's just very hard at times. Most of the year, I'm pretty good, but in May and June I do get so weepy. Ron was such a wonderful husband, father and friend. Plus he was just as crazy as me. He had a wicked sense of humor and a great laugh. I miss him.

Sorry the weather is not better for you to spend more time in the pool. Just want to send extra hugs this week

Give those grandbabies an extra hug too!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #2374
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Good morning Angelrose. I hope that you find things to keep you busy the rest of this week. Hang in there.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #2375
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thanks snappyd and minniecarousel. I have been trying to keep busy. I'm pretty good and then all of a sudden I remember. Thankfully Chuck is coming over on Saturday to help me get rid of an old chair. That will keep me occupied for a while. It's Saturday that is the anniversary. I thought it was Friday until I looked at the calendar.

How can it possibly be three years? Yet sometimes it feels like a hundred years.

Karen called me today and asked if I would like to come over for dinner on Saturday. I think that will help me a lot. Bless her heart for always thinking of me.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #2376
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

She's not the only one thinking of you.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #2377
Angelrose

Thank you BearcatFan. It's much appreciated.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #2378
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
She's not the only one thinking of you.
ditto

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #2379
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

AngelRose, thinking of you with love and prayers . Glad you'll be surrounded by loving family this week-end.
God bless and take care
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #2380
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #2381
Angelrose

Thank you minniecarousel, 4nana and BearcatsFan. Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I spent the afternoon in the pool. Thinking of all the good times we had swimming all summer and planning our vacation to DW in December. The man had such a wonderful laugh. I miss all the hugs and kisses.

But I didn't cry once today. I had dinner with Chuck and Karen. They had just come home from a day at the beach. Jesse wanted me to watch him on his new jungle gym and Zoey wanted me to push her on the swing. I did both. Then Zoey just wanted to sit on my lap. I think she was very tired from her day at the beach. I think Jesse was too. I stayed until 7 when they were going to bed. I wanted to let Chuck and Karen relax. It was a nice time and I appreciated their efforts to make me laugh. Chuck, I must say gets his sense of humor from me. He is very strange. He has a way of looking at things sideways that always makes me laugh. Karen is no better. She has a very wicked sense of humor too.

I think Ron was having a good laugh today too just watching all the fun we had. I just wish he was her. I know I keep saying that. I can't seem to stop myself.

But I want to thank you for your support. Just coming here makes my heart happy.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #2382
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Good morning Angelrose! I just know you will be spending today and tomorrow in the pool The temps are supposed to climb well into the '90s

I'll be staying in my air conditioned apartment til it's time to head down on Thursday night

Stay cool and be careful in the sun!!!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #2383
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
The "Cousin's Get-together" - right? From what you've said, they sound like a great group. Nice that you all get together a few times a year.

I can't believe that I missed your birthday! So - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

We're getting so excited for our Disneyland trip - Carlsland will be opening just a few days before we get there. It'll be crowded, but we're prepared. We'll take it slow and easy. Older son & daughter-in-law are going with us. We'll be staying at our DVC home at the Grand Californian - it's so close to the Parks.

The new windows are here - 2 went in today. I hope they can place the rest next week. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until we're back from Disneyland.
Have a wonderful time and post some pics for us when you get back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
AR, know that you remain in many hearts and prayers and are a big inspiration to many Dis friends! Your Ron is so proud of how far you've come!

Love the new photos of you with your cousins...and you sporting that hot new green outfit showing off your new 50+lb wgt loss!! Not too mention - swimming 3 hrs a day...you go girl...I need some of your will power! :dance3

My heart is heavy tonight . We've been blessed to have our DS, DIL, and family stationed within 6 hrs of us the past 3 yrs. and able to visit fairly often making special memories. Tomorrow they are being transferred cross country . I am so happy he is serving our country and doing what he loves... but I am so going to miss my grandbabies so far away . Thankfully we are very close and I know with modern techology we can tx/email/skype/call,etc....but still... . Ok, whine over...time for military mom to put her big girl panties on!?!?!
Think of it as an excuse to travel - Hope they have a safe journey to their new home.

The tag fairy loves me

Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #2384
Angelrose

Hi snappyd Yes I was in the pool for over two hours this morning and two hours this afternoon. We got to 100 here in Port Republic and the humidity wasn't too bad. It's supposed to be more humid tomorrow and higher temps.

I will be in the pool all day again for sure.

If it wasn't for the gnats and the greenheads it would be perfect. The gnats just cover the surface of the pool. Even with the filter on they just fly in by the thousands. This usually lasts two weeks. Then we get the full flavor of the greenheads. I hate those things because when the bite, they BITE! Usually the last two weeks in July and most of August are relatively bug free.

I got some sad news tonight. My online friend has passed away. She was in such pain from ruematoid arthritis and heart problems that it is a blessing for her. Just hard for her sister and her friends. We have been friends since 1998. We met online at a beanie baby club and have been friends ever since.

She was a good friend and I will miss her.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #2385
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Hi snappyd Yes I was in the pool for over two hours this morning and two hours this afternoon. We got to 100 here in Port Republic and the humidity wasn't too bad. It's supposed to be more humid tomorrow and higher temps.

I will be in the pool all day again for sure.

If it wasn't for the gnats and the greenheads it would be perfect. The gnats just cover the surface of the pool. Even with the filter on they just fly in by the thousands. This usually lasts two weeks. Then we get the full flavor of the greenheads. I hate those things because when the bite, they BITE! Usually the last two weeks in July and most of August are relatively bug free.

I got some sad news tonight. My online friend has passed away. She was in such pain from ruematoid arthritis and heart problems that it is a blessing for her. Just hard for her sister and her friends. We have been friends since 1998. We met online at a beanie baby club and have been friends ever since.

She was a good friend and I will miss her.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I used to belong to the Beanie Baby Board - I hope it wasn't Moosey Bean

Please be careful in the heat and in the pool. I sometimes worry about you being in there alone Hopefully the weather is supposed to improve a lot by Saturday. I'll be heading down to NJ this evening for a 3-day weekend - hope to see LBI!

The tag fairy loves me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: