Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #2356
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you rndmr2. I appreciate your support. It's very hard for me this time of year. But like your MIL I have a wonderful family to lean on. I am truly blessed.

Glad you liked the pictures and my trip reports. I do enjoy writing my trip reports. I go back and read all my older reports too. That way I can relive each moment again.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #2357
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

We had our family dinner on Wednesday night. We all had such a good time. We laughed the whole 3 hours. The food was excellent. I thought I would share the picture. I make sure I get a picture each time we get together.

That's me in the center in green. To my left is my cousin Joan and behind her is her husband Mark. Next to me is Charlotte and her husband Walt behind her. Behind me is Gail and her husband Ralph, who is Joan's brother. Next to Ralph is Don who is my cousin Butch partner. Last on my right is Joann who is Charlotte's sister. Joann lost her husband last year.

So that's the whole motley crew. We are going to get together again in October.
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #2358
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

The "Cousin's Get-together" - right? From what you've said, they sound like a great group. Nice that you all get together a few times a year.

I can't believe that I missed your birthday! So - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

We're getting so excited for our Disneyland trip - Carlsland will be opening just a few days before we get there. It'll be crowded, but we're prepared. We'll take it slow and easy. Older son & daughter-in-law are going with us. We'll be staying at our DVC home at the Grand Californian - it's so close to the Parks.

The new windows are here - 2 went in today. I hope they can place the rest next week. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until we're back from Disneyland.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #2359
Angelrose

Thank you minniecarousel for the birthday wishes. Yes it was the Cousins get together. We always have so much fun. I think most of us need a few hours of good laughter a couple of times a year.

Oh have a wonderful time at Disneyland. I want detailed reports when you get home. I've never been to Disneyland so I have to rely on TR.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #2360
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

This says "really need prayers", but it was started back in 2009. Does the OP still really need the prayers? I'm just wondering if the title should change .
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2361
Angelrose

Thank you for posting Jillpie. I suppose the title could change. I'm not really sure how to do that.

But I will tell you that I do appreciate all the prayers that the wonderful people here on the DIS have sent my way. I can't tell you how much it has helped me.

Now on Friday it will be three years since I lost my wonderful Ron. It is always a tough time for me, these two months. You don't get over losing the love of your life in a certain amount of time. The ache is always there. So many times I wanted to tell Ron something or show him pictures of the grandkids and how they have grown. I know he would be so proud of Chuck and Karen for taking care of me the way they do. I think he would be proud of me too for coping and getting healthy and strong. No matter how long it is, I will always have that ache in my heart.

So I guess the answer is, yes I do need all the prayers I can get. I appreciate each and every person who has posted their support and to tell me of their lives.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #2362
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Just posting with a quick one of these and one of these

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2363
Angelrose

Thank you BearcatsFan. I appreciate it. And I love the flower too.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #2364
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

YW How are you doing tonight? I was thinking about you earlier today.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #2365
Angelrose

I am doing pretty well. I am swimming 3 hours a day to help keep my mind off things. By night time I am pretty tired so I sleep well.

Ron would be surprised to see how long I can swim around. I used to just swim for an hour and I would be done. We did have so much fun in the pool. We would always talk about our vacation in December to DW. Or I would sneak up on him and tickle his feet and sing the JAWS song. Then he would chase me around to get even. But I always won. I'm sneaky that way.

The memories give me comfort now. They aren't painful like they used to be.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2366
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

3 hours a day? Wow, that's fantastic!

I'm so glad you're able to think about Ron without the sadness now. I've read the whole thread and I know what you've been through. Sometimes there are no words, you know?

Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #2367
Angelrose

I used to do 4 hours last summer. Don't know if I can do that again this year, but we will see.

Yes sometimes words just can't convey. I know others have gone through losses and I never could really relate until I lost Ron. My parents were old when the died and although I was sad, I knew they lived a good life. With Ron it was just too soon. He had so many more years left to him.

But when God calls you, you have to go. I know we will be together again some day. That is what keeps me going.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #2368
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thank you for posting Jillpie. I suppose the title could change. I'm not really sure how to do that.

But I will tell you that I do appreciate all the prayers that the wonderful people here on the DIS have sent my way. I can't tell you how much it has helped me.

Now on Friday it will be three years since I lost my wonderful Ron. It is always a tough time for me, these two months. You don't get over losing the love of your life in a certain amount of time. The ache is always there. So many times I wanted to tell Ron something or show him pictures of the grandkids and how they have grown. I know he would be so proud of Chuck and Karen for taking care of me the way they do. I think he would be proud of me too for coping and getting healthy and strong. No matter how long it is, I will always have that ache in my heart.

So I guess the answer is, yes I do need all the prayers I can get. I appreciate each and every person who has posted their support and to tell me of their lives.
Aw thank you for answering. I surely will say some prayers for you. I know Ron is with you every day.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #2369
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

AR, know that you remain in many hearts and prayers and are a big inspiration to many Dis friends! Your Ron is so proud of how far you've come!

Love the new photos of you with your cousins...and you sporting that hot new green outfit showing off your new 50+lb wgt loss!! Not too mention - swimming 3 hrs a day...you go girl...I need some of your will power! :dance3

My heart is heavy tonight . We've been blessed to have our DS, DIL, and family stationed within 6 hrs of us the past 3 yrs. and able to visit fairly often making special memories. Tomorrow they are being transferred cross country . I am so happy he is serving our country and doing what he loves... but I am so going to miss my grandbabies so far away . Thankfully we are very close and I know with modern techology we can tx/email/skype/call,etc....but still... . Ok, whine over...time for military mom to put her big girl panties on!?!?!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....Priceless!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #2370
Angelrose

Jillpie, thank you for the prayers and thanks for understanding.

4nana, I'm so sorry your son and his family are being moved across country. I know that will be so hard for you. They do move them around in the military. But at least he is still in THIS country. I'm so happy to hear that. You have a right to be proud of him serving our country and his family that supports him.

God bless him and his family for their service.

Thank you for the compliment on my outfit.

I do love that color on my outfit. It's a size 8! I am having trouble with my weight loss. I was down 52 pounds and now I am back to 50 pounds. No matter what I do I just keep going up and down. But I am determined to get it down.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: