Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #2311
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Some Easter pics from Central Park, I want to live on Central Park West:

The tag fairy loves me

Last edited by snapppyd; 04-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #2312
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

The tag fairy loves me

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #2313
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

What beautiful pictures you take snappyd! I especially love that picture of you. You look so happy there. I love Central Park. Ron took me for a carriage ride one year for my birthday. It was a perfect day. The azaleas were all in bloom and after the ride he bought me pink roses (my favorite). What a sweet memory that is.

Sgtclaymore, thank you for your prayers. They are much appreciated.

Thank you Julie. What a great story about Daniel giving his brother some of his money. That is so sweet. He will do well in this world.

I had a wonderful Easter with my family. I got there around 9 and Karen took some pictures. I kept the kids occupied while the Easter bunny made some last minute deliveries. Then they opened their Easter baskets. They got some candy, but most were toys and Cars bandaids for Jesse and Princess bandaids for Zoey. They do use them a lot. LOL Zoey got some hair things too.

Then we went in the back yard for the egg hunt. Zoey did so well in finding the eggs. Of course they were both so excited and then we went inside to see what was inside. (I had given Karen all my Leg's plastic eggs to put special things in). Anyone remember those eggs? I had saved all the pastel ones and the metallic red, silver and gold ones.

They both got lots of "gold dubloons" to play with. Jesse got some little cars and Zoey got some cute little plastic animals.

We then got ready to go out for lunch. We were going to eat at a Japanese restaurant but when we got there, Karen asked me which I would rather do, go there or Red Robin. No Contest there. They said that was fine with them plus there would be stuff for the kids to eat and we would get out of there faster.

I got a bacon cheeseburger as usual with Jalapeno roll that was so good I ate the whole thing. I got onion rings instead of fries. I ate all of them too. I was such a piggie. Both kids ate well too. We went to Storybook land and had a great time there. They also had an egg hunt. They did it really well there. They just dumped a bunch a plastic eggs in different places in a special area. Then when they had filled up their baskets, you dumped them in a special Easter bunny can and picked out your prize. They had lots of different little stuffed animals to choose from. Jesse chose an orange dinosaur and Zoey chose a little lamb. It was a great idea. Then the kids rode all the rides they wanted. We left there around 4. The original plan was to stop at Taco Bell for dinner, but we were all too stuffed from lunch.

We drove home and the kids were going up for their baths and I got home around 6. It was a perfect day.

Monday and Tuesday I had to babysit because the daycare was closed. I got there at 6:30am and stayed until 5 both days. Let me tell you that I was exhausted both days. Plus when I came home, I was so hungry I ate everything in sight. Not good. But I enjoyed being with my two angels. Jesse does get a little jealous at times, but on the whole he was very good. Only one time out both days. Now I won't see them for a couple of weeks now and I know I will miss them.

Tonight when I was getting ready for my WW meeting, I stepped in a puddle on the kitchen floor. Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yep, I have a leak in the pipe underneath my kitchen sink. After I cleaned up the mess, I called the plumber who will come tomorrow sometime. I noticed that the floor of the cabinet is all bowed down. I looked in the basement and it did cause the ceiling tile to come down, but there was no water on the floor, thank goodness. So I think I caught it in time before it did more damage.

It's always something, isn't it?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #2314
snapppyd

Mary, I'm so glad you didn't slip in that puddle! I know I worry about my sister, who lives alone, falling and not being able to reach a phone, please be extra careful!

I had to get a haircut yesterday - I have a bad habit of trimming my own hair and had finally ended up with a mullet, LOL! I now have a "bob". Not what I want, but I'll have to let it grow out a little and hide my scizzors! (sp?)

Hope everyone has a safe Friday the 13th

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #2315
snapppyd

Uh oh, where did everyone go?

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #2316
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

wow, snappyd - Central Park looks beautiful. I'll bet it's especially nice this time of year.

Angelrose, your Easter sounded like fun. Egg hunts are so fun for the kids.

It was so nice having last week off - the good thing about working at a school! Makes me want summer. Our weather is finally warming up. We had an amazing storm last Thursday night. We so rarely have thunder & lightening. There were some amazing pictures taken of both the Golden Gate and the Bay Bridges with lightening strikes on them.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #2317
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
wow, snappyd - Central Park looks beautiful. I'll bet it's especially nice this time of year.

Angelrose, your Easter sounded like fun. Egg hunts are so fun for the kids.

It was so nice having last week off - the good thing about working at a school! Makes me want summer. Our weather is finally warming up. We had an amazing storm last Thursday night. We so rarely have thunder & lightening. There were some amazing pictures taken of both the Golden Gate and the Bay Bridges with lightening strikes on them.

I love a good thunder and lightning storm, I'll probably see one in Florida soon!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #2318
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

me too ladies. I love a good thunderstorm. Provided it doesn't get too close!

The plumber came and fixed the pipe. He was there for about a half hour and then told me about the bill. It costs $70 for them to just to come in the door. Well, I knew that. The pipe was one of the best metal pipes there are. He didn't give me the plastic pipe because that's even more expensive. So the total came to $388! EEEEEEKKKK. Well, it is what it is. It had to be fixed. He did a good job and was there bright and early.

About an hour later I get a call from the plumbing company. The plumber had made a mistake and charged me too much. They needed my credit card number so they could issue a refund immediately. They apologized and I thanked them for being so honest. A few minutes later the plumber himself called to apologize for his mistake. Instead of $388, it was $277. I like that kind of mistake. Now how often do you EVER get that kind of honesty? I have been telling all my friends about Jenkins Plumbing and how honest they were.

Now that was Friday and Monday my bug man came. He always is so nice. He does a great job and did everywhere I asked him to. LOL He said, "I remember". Once a year he does the whole outside of the house, plus the basement and the whole downstairs. The other two times, he just does the downstairs and the back porch and front porch. I hate those carpenter ants.

Monday I decided to go see Mirror, Mirror in the movies since I had a free ticket. I got there for the 1:10 showing. It was closed captioned at that showing. It's annoying and since I was the ONLY one in the theater, I don't know why they bothered. I guess it must be a law or something. The movie was cute, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.

The next movie I have to see is Dark Shadows in May with Johnny Depp. It's more of a comedy. I used to be a big fan of Dark Shadows on tv. I loved Jonathan Frid and Lara Parker. I met them both at fan conventions. They are both super nice. In fact the whole cast was nice. The only two we didn't meet were Quentin and Elizabeth. He had a prior commitment. She was too old and was suffering from Alzhimers. (sp) Those were fun conventions.

OK back to Monday afternoon. While watching the movie, I had some terrible gas. I had no idea why. When I got home it started. Yep I had the "runs". I was running all night and all day Tuesday. I took some Immodium and today it has finally quieted down. But it sure makes you tired. I couldn't do any workout at all yesterday. I just sat around and slept most of the day. Today I did manage my workout and felt better after.

Tomorrow I go to my gyno to find out about my bones. My bone scan showed more thinning, so I guess I will have to take something. Not wild about that, but what will be, will be.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #2319
snapppyd

That really was an honest plumber!

I can't believe how the weather has changed! I put away DH's winter jacket and he needed it this morning - it was so cold and windy with all this rain, yuck.

Piles of clothes all over the place, it seems nothing fits right and nothing matches? How did I buy so many tops and bottoms that don't make any coordinating outfits? Darn you Kohl's and your sales with the extra 30% off - from now on I am buying a complete outfit when I shop, no more piles of t-shirts and capris that don't go together

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #2320
Angelrose

I know what you mean about the weather. A few days ago I had the air conditioner on and now I need the heat back on! This weather feels more like March and March felt more like May!

I have two colors of pants, capris, whatever. Blue and black. Then I can wear any color tops I like. Sometimes I will go wild and buy shorts in pink or a floral, but that is rare. I'm just too lazy to try and buy coordinating outfits. Too much money too.

I got good news about my bone scan. My bone density has grown 10% since November. It's all thanks to my DIL Karen who gave me a walking dvd after we got back from Disney. I started doing that on Valentines day and started lifting weight regularly. Then I started doing situps and pushups. They all helped. So I don't have to take any meds or anything. I just have to keep up with my calcium tablets and Vit D and keep up my exercising.

I am a happy camper tonight.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #2321
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Wow! Congrats, Angelrose - I didn't realize that exercising can help that much with bone density. Way to go!

Weird weather here too. Very summer-like heat on Saturday - back to cold today. Expecting rain on Wednesday.

We had a great Saturday afternoon/evening. We went to a reception for the 1972 Oakland A's World Series Champions. Not all the players (who are still alive) were there, but a good showing. We made a donation to the A's Charity and the event was limited to only 100 people. We could get autographs and talk to the players. We took our older son and daughter-in-law.

We were even able to eat enough of the appetizers so we didn't need to buy food at the game that followed.

Way back in 1971, 72 & 73 I worked for the A's selling game-day tickets. (I was a mere child at the time ) Back then, I don't think I really appreciated the history that team was making - 3 World Series Championships in a row!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #2322
Angelrose

Thanks Julie. Any weight bearing exercise is good for building bone density. You don't have to lift heavy weights. You can do 3 pounds as long as you do it consistently. Even pushups are good for arm strength.

That sounds like a wonderful day with the A's. It's always nice to do something like that with the whole family.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #2323
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I know what you mean about the weather. A few days ago I had the air conditioner on and now I need the heat back on! This weather feels more like March and March felt more like May!

I have two colors of pants, capris, whatever. Blue and black. Then I can wear any color tops I like. Sometimes I will go wild and buy shorts in pink or a floral, but that is rare. I'm just too lazy to try and buy coordinating outfits. Too much money too.

I got good news about my bone scan. My bone density has grown 10% since November. It's all thanks to my DIL Karen who gave me a walking dvd after we got back from Disney. I started doing that on Valentines day and started lifting weight regularly. Then I started doing situps and pushups. They all helped. So I don't have to take any meds or anything. I just have to keep up with my calcium tablets and Vit D and keep up my exercising.

I am a happy camper tonight.

Wow, that is wonderful! Natural is always better. My doctor wanted me to start taking Boniva when I was around 52, I took it once and said never again, just didn't like the way it made me feel. I started walking, now I'll add some weight training. Thanks for the heads up!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #2324
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, Snappy & Minnie ~

Angel, LOVE the nice Easter pix of your sweet grands...I enjoy seeing their progress, as they are growing up so fast. Snappyd, enjoyed your beaufitul pix of Central Park, haven't been there in years, so thx, they brought back some fond memories.

Glad everyone had a wonderful Easter . We are counting our blessings for the good times shared while everyone was home together . Some got to stay a week, but it's back to 'empty nest' now and you can hear a pin drop . DS is officer in military and being transferred end of month, so I am preparing myself once again for not seeing them/grands often...but thankfully with modern technology of compt/web cam/digital pix, etc., we're always close in spirit and I am only a call/text away . As a military mom you quickly learn to swim or sink.

Angel, I'm so impressed with your continued commitment and the great job ur doing keeping in good physical shape . You must feel so much better, not only physically, but mentally also. Our 2 mo. aqua therapy was such a beneficial exercise we really enjoyed, but we've dropped out for spring/summer as there are lots of other activites happening, incl grands sports & activites, etc., to busy ourselves with, and will rejoin in fall.

TTYL and take good care ladies...
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....Priceless!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #2325
Angelrose

snappyd, my DIL tried Boniva and it made her legs hurt so bad she could hardly walk. She stopped taking it too.

Thank you 4nana and God bless your son in the military. I do feel better with all the exercise. I'm really happy that I no longer have to use my cane. YAYYYYYY me. That was a real thrill for me. I do my exercises every morning. I hate to get started, but once I do, it's always a surprise when I'm done. It goes so fast. Today after I did the dvd and the weight lifting, I went outside with the weed whacker for an hour and 15 minutes. I got it all done, thank goodness. I can probably wait another two or three weeks before I have to do it again. Depending on the rain I guess.

Now I hope I've lost something this week. I do all the exercises, but then I'm so hungry and eat more. LOL I'm trying to eat right, but it's hard.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: