Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #2296
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Good morning ladies!

Let's see, we had snow last October. My geraniums were blooming until New Year's Eve. I had hibiscus flowers in February (indoors). Yesterday we had thunder and a sun shower. Then the wind blew so loudly last night it kept us awake.

I'm so happy it's almost April!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #2297
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Last Thursday I was in shorts. Monday I was wearing my winter coat. Now I am back to jeans and t shirts with a sweatshirt for my walk. Really strange weather.

I went to my weigh in tonight and I am so happy. I lost that 1.4 I gained last week and lost another .4 to boot. I am now 153.8. I've lost a total of 52.6 pounds since October of 2010. YAYYYYYYYY ME!

It looks like I may actually reach my goal of being under 150 pounds by our next family dinner in May. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #2298
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Congrats on the weight loss!

Angel when you said you walk around Smithville six times, did you mean around a track?? I'm confused.

Yesterday I drove to a nice park a few miles from home and was only able to make it around the track 3 times. But then I did walk a little more when I got home. Today the feet and legs hurt a little, still waiting on the new sneakers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #2299
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

snappyd, congrats on walking around the track 3 times! That is a great start.

Smithville is one of those historic towns. It has lots of little shops and restaurants. It takes me 10 minutes to walk around the whole place, so it's not huge. On May 19 and 20th they have a craft fair that is quite nice. Lots of crafters and food stalls. They do they same thing in October. The Mayfest and Octoberfest is really fun. They also have a German festival and Irish festival. Both of them in October. Sometimes in the spring they have Revolutionary War encampments and Civil War encampments. Those are very interesting. But the best time is at Christmas when the whole place is lighted up. They have Mrs. Santa Claus who reads stories to the kids, a Santa breakfast and at night they have Christmas lights on the lake that blink in time to carols. Chuck and Karen and the kids and I always make that a tradition.

We even ride on the little train. They also have it decorated for Easter with the Easter bunny coming around. It's a fun place to walk around. I know a lot of the shop owners and they always wave to me on my daily walks.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #2300
Angelrose

I had a wonderful Palm Sunday. I watched Zoey for a couple of hours while Karen took Jesse swimming. She just sat herself down next to me on the couch and we watched Elmo while she played with her nesting bowls. When she would get it wrong, she would say, "Awwwwwww Mannnnnn". So funny. When the Elmo dvd was over, she wanted more, so I put in another one and we sat down again and played with her bowls the whole time. She was so good for me.

Karen came home with Jesse and we went to the mall for their Easter pictures. They had a bit of a wait, so we went and had lunch in the food court. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. I didn't eat all the bread, but I did eat a lot of the fries. I was very bad.

Taking pictures of the kids is an adventure to say the least. Zoey liked to run away and Jesse would give these plastic smiles. LOL We did get some really nice ones and I will post them here, as soon as Chuck downloads them to my computer. There is one of Jesse and Zoey that is my favorite. Well, two of them, but the one is just SO Jesse.

After the pictures we went back home to pick up Chuck and went to the Ocean City boardwalk where it was cold, windy and cloudy. The kids enjoyed the rides and then we walked for a bit. I saw Dairy Queen. UHOH! I HAD to have one. Karen said she would get one with me. I picked out a caramel blizzard. She asked me what size I wanted, so I said a small. She said you want a small or a mini. Well, I'm thinking a mini is, well, a mini. So I told her a small. Not one of my better decisions. The small is HUGE. Karen, the smart one, got a mini mint chocolate chip. We started eating them while walking back to the car.

I ate about half of mine and threw the rest away. It wasn't until we were almost back to the car that I realized that I had been walking the whole way WITHOUT my cane. I had hooked it on the coach while I ate my ice cream. We were walking at a pretty fast pace too. I was so proud of myself. Maybe I can do my walk every day without it. I'm still kind of afraid to do it though. It's kind of my security blanket. Maybe I can try walking once around without it and see how I feel.

Saturday Chuck is bringing the kids over so he can take down my soft blind that broke. It's in the kitchen so I can do without it. Nobody to look in except the birds and squirrels. He will also put up my Easter flags. LOL A tad late, but I will keep them up all April.

Easter Sunday I will get to their house around 9 for the Easter egg hunt and then off to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. Then we will go to Storybook Land until closing or the kids get tired. That is fun filled day. I can't wait.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #2301
snapppyd

Sounds like two wonderful weekends! Yesterday I walked about 1 1/2 miles, the pedometer said 3780 steps. A tiny bit of progress. Today I'm making a pot of marinara sauce and doing laundry. Hope to take a walk a little later on when it warms up a bit.

The boardwalk sounds like fun, hope to be able to take a walk at the beach this Saturday

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2302
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, everyone!

Angelrose, your Easter plans w/family sound fun ! We are very blessed all 4 kiddos, IL's,

and all the grands can come home this year...so our empty nest will be full once again!?!?!

Be so great to see everyone...our feast will include 25+

Looking forward to dying eggs, easter egg hunt, cookie baking, crafts and lots of pix w/sweet grands ~ + wonderful weather!

The cousins always have such a blast together!!!

Counting my many blessings ~ God is good ~ Life is good!!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #2303
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

4nana - sounds like my house - we'll have around 25 for a mid-day dinner. Younger son and daughter-in-law won't be here though (I hate sharing them!)

The 14 year-old triplets still want an Easter Egg Hunt, so we'll hide plastic chocolate-filled or money eggs in my backyard.

Our master bathroom is torn up! YAY! hoprfully, 3 weeks until completion.

Keep up the walking Angelrose and snappyd. I keep telling myself that I have to get back at it. I'm off next week - so no excuses.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #2304
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

duplicate post

Last edited by minniecarousel; 04-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #2305
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

We are having a little bit of a southern style dinner for Easter. Made from scratch chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes and gravy, and of course, Sweet Tea! My stomach can hardly wait...lol

-J
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #2306
Angelrose

I want to wish you all a very HAPPY EASTER.

Sounds like a very full house Julie and 4nana. Enjoy every minute of it.

That dinner sounds so good macleod1979. Much better than the Japanese restaurant we are going to. But the food isn't what's important. It's being all together that counts.

Well I had my weigh in tonight. And it was what I expected. I gained a pound right back on. I knew it was going to happen. I ate everything in sight this week. I seem to go in cycles. But I know I will do better next week.

But I have some good news too. I did my 6 times around Smithville this afternoon, WITHOUT USING MY CANE! I carried it with me because it's my security blanket. But now that I know I can do it, I think I will try and keep it in the car tomorrow. That made me very happy.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #2307
Angelrose

I thought I would post some of the Easter pictures for you.

love that picture of Jesse

That is one of my favorite pictures

and now my all time favorite picture

That shows Jesse's true character. LOL
Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #2308
snapppyd

Oh my, those pictures are beautiful!!! You are so blessed! Glad everyone had a good time. Dh and I went to Central park and walked around for a couple of hours - the flowers and trees were in bloom and it was beautiful. I'll get some pics up later.

The tag fairy loves me

Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #2309
SgtClaymore
Mouseketeer

Just said a prayer for you and your family and I'm wishing health to return soon!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #2310
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

What precious pictures. Those are two very cute kids!

We had quite a crowd here on Sunday. The 14 year-olds had fun looking for eggs in the backyard. They were counting up their loot. Daniel had $27, Brianne $23, Jeffrey $17. Daniel took 3 dollars, gave it to his brother and said: "now you have an even $20"! So much like my brother - so generous.

My bathroom is so gross right now! The plumber will finish up today. They'll also be putting in 2 windows today. They're movving along, but I think it'll be closer to 4 weeks, not 3!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: