Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #2281
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Didn't get a car yet............

but......................

Bought Plane Tickets to Disney!!!! We're going!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #2282
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

HOORAY!!

Thanks for keeping my trip report alive for another few days. It does seem to get a few more people every time.

I'll want to know every detail of your upcoming trip!
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #2283
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
HOORAY!!

Thanks for keeping my trip report alive for another few days. It does seem to get a few more people every time.

I'll want to know every detail of your upcoming trip!
I know, I keep bumping it up and get another one or two people each time! Loving it!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #2284
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Did you hear a scream tonight? That would be me after my weigh in. I gained back that 1.2 I lost last week and gained another .2 to boot.

I know I have been eating too much because of all the exercising I am doing. Even though they say I can eat those extra calories, I know I can't. I'm going to have to cut back down again and keep up with the exercising.

I think I am just destined to always be 155. I don't ever seem to be able to get below that and keep on going down. My body is being very rude.

If you couldn't tell, I am very GRUMPY tonight.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #2285
snapppyd

I've never been one to exercise. I started walking on Monday, my shins are killing me but I have to get ready for Disney. I'm embarrassed to say I'm only walking 7/10's to 8/10's of a mile, but I have to start somewhere, right
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #2286
Angelrose

Ron and I used to walk a lot. We would walk on the boardwalk from the Golden Nugget all the way to Resorts and back. We did that practically every night.

Then we started walking at Smithville instead. When I got so heavy, I couldn't do more than 2 1/2 or 3 times around. Now I can do 6 times around in an hour at a brisk pace. When I was in my 30's I had gotten down to 130 or so and I was very happy. I loved to bike ride and I was doing 20 miles every day. A few times I did 30 and one memorable day I did 40.

When I broke my ankle 25 years ago I stopped riding my bike. My ankle wouldn't turn that way anymore. But I did get walking again. I just gained so much weight it was hard to do anything.

Now my exercise routine is to do an hour of Leslie Sansone 4 mile express. That is a great walking exercise at home. It gets your heart moving. Then I do 4 sets of 10 on the 3 pound weights, 20 ab crunches (as best as I can) and 10 push ups (as best I can) and 1 set of 10 on the 5 pound weights.. After lunch I do the 6 times around Smithville which takes an hour. I go home and do another 4 sets of 10 on the 3 pound weights and another 1 set of 10 with the 5 pound weights.

You would think with that, I would lose a million pounds a week. I didn't!

But I will keep trying. Can't go back to where I was.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #2287
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
I've never been one to exercise. I started walking on Monday, my shins are killing me but I have to get ready for Disney. I'm embarrassed to say I'm only walking 7/10's to 8/10's of a mile, but I have to start somewhere, right
If your shins are bothering you, be sure to ice them when you're done walking...and, if you have time, ice them a couple of times a day. Shin splints can be really painful. I walk an hour a day (sometimes pushing two grandkids in a double stroller) at a pretty quick pace. In the beginning, my shins hurt too, but eventually that stopped...my knees do ache sometimes, but I wear elastic supports and ice them in the evening.
For some reason, at DisneyWorld, nothing hurts. Must be the magic and pixie dust.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #2288
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
Yup - that's how you start. Before our Disneyland trip last year, I was walking on the track near our home. Now we live in a hillier area and I'm not too fond of walking on hills. (I could drive to a great trail 1/2 mile away.) Gotta get started walking again.

Angelrose, I know what you mean about staying at a certain weight. Just keep making wise food choices. Maybe you're on one of those plateaus that WW talks about?

I'm so excited: weekend after next, I'm going to Monterey with my sister and the two girls we grew up with. Sis is turning 60 ! (eek!) and she wanted her best girls to celebrate with her. The 4 of us try to get together at least once a year. It's amazing to have dear friends for over 50 years!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #2289
snapppyd

Minnie, have a wonderful weekend with your sister!

Angel, I can't believe how much you exercise! That is amazing.

Since I stopped working 5 years ago I spend way too much time in front of the computer. I've kept my weight the same, I'm 5'6" and 132 pounds. BUT, remember the thread about jeans size? Most of the women my height and weight were saying they are a size six, I am a size 10 - that made me get off my spreading butt and start walking!!

DH is taking a 1/2 day today and a vacation day on Monday that was left over from last year - so I won't be posting for a few days. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #2290
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
If your shins are bothering you, be sure to ice them when you're done walking...and, if you have time, ice them a couple of times a day. Shin splints can be really painful. I walk an hour a day (sometimes pushing two grandkids in a double stroller) at a pretty quick pace. In the beginning, my shins hurt too, but eventually that stopped...my knees do ache sometimes, but I wear elastic supports and ice them in the evening.
For some reason, at DisneyWorld, nothing hurts. Must be the magic and pixie dust.

Yes, it's funny how you don't feel the pain when you are in the midst of the magic!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #2291
Angelrose

Yes, Julie, I am definitely on a plateau. Have been since July I think. I have to stop eating those Fiber one bars. LOL They are only 2 points, but I eat two a day and I think they should be classified as a treat, not as a snack. It does matter. So I think if I can cut out the desserts a bit, maybe I can get back on track.

You are so lucky to have friends for so long. Have a great time in Monterey and tell you sister HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me.

snappyd, I would kill to be 132 pounds. Hell, I would kill to be 142 pounds. I am 4'10". I have shrunk! They say I should weigh around 102 to 122. Yeah, that will happen. Not in this lifetime. Or any other for that matter. But wearing a size 10 is WONDERFUL. You should be proud of that. I wear a size 12 now in the stretch jeans. I am happy with what I have lost, but I really need to get down at least another 10 pounds. That would make me 145 pounds. I would be very happy with that. I dream of losing another 20.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #2292
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, want to say I am so proud of you for sticking to your commitment ! You look great in your WDW pix and should be so proud! Keep up the good work - Ron would be so proud of his girl!

Dh & I attemped to get in better shape last summer, but the bike riding and exercise proved a lil too much for old bones. Osteo knees have been painful for couple yrs, so had to resort to cortisone shots which helped, PTherapy, then our sweet DD#1 gave us a several mos of 'jazz your joints' aquatic therapy for C'mas. It is one of the best things we have ever done !! No pain and no stress, an hour of exercise in the warm pool helping rebuild all those weak muscles and getting things in shape. Love it, as I know you love your pool! Also bought a recumbent bike now that our knees/muscles are stronger and doing well thus far. Have to keep trying, if we dn't take care of ourselves, who will?!

Angel and snappy, have a wonderful week-end - minnie, have a wonderful upcoming BD week-end w/your sis and friends. I am headed to a girls getaway in Williamsburg w/my DD's for my babys's 40th BD - did I just say that...!? That makes me feel so old - how did that happen ! Luckily I remain young at heart !! We have some surprises in store for her and can't wait spending quality time bonding with my peeps. I am indeed blessed!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #2293
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. That compliment made me feel better. I would love to try those exercises in a pool, but can't afford the gym membership. If I ever move to the retirement community they have an indoor pool and exercises every week. I would so be there. But as it is now, I can swim in the summer and the rest of the year I do what I can.

I remember the fun I had bike riding along the roads here. I would never do it now with all the traffic even if I could. I do miss that though.

I had a nice day today. Karen called me to come over and spend the afternoon with them. She had invited an old friend of her mothers also. We had a nice time chatting about Disney World. I played with Jesse down in the basement to let him get some of his energy out. He took his first swimming lesson this morning and absolutely loved it. They joined two weeks late, so he goes tomorrow and next Sunday as well Saturday.

Miss Zoey was a bit cranky this afternoon. She is teething again and has the beginning of a sinus infection. But she was all smiles while playing with me. She gave me a hug goodby too.

We called out for our dinner. They ordered pizza and I ordered a turkey sandwich. When it came I couldn't believe how big it was. It was on a huge Italian sub roll and stuffed with honey turkey, cheese, bacon and lettuce. I ate 1/3 of it and have lunch for two more days! It was good though.

I came home around 5:30 and put on my jammies and we had a big downpour. I'm glad I got home before that happened. It was a good day and I did absolutely no exercising at all.

Now you have fun in Williamsburg and tell you baby HAPPY BIRTHDAY. My baby turned 40 last December. We had our babies very young 4nana. VERY young!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #2294
snapppyd

I walked 3 times last week. I went yesterday and the pain is much less today. I ordered new sneakers, can't wait to get them! I hope to be in much better shape by May 1st!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #2295
Angelrose

I'm so glad you had less pain while walking. You will be fine by the time you get there. And if not, you can always rent a scooter. I'm working on not needing one in two years when we go again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: