Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #2266
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Count me in!! Can't wait to read your trip report and see the pix of your magical trip w/family!!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #2267
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

4nana the link is in my signature if you want to start reading it. I still have a few more days to post and lots more pictures.
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #2268
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Mary - I bumped it up again

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #2269
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you my friend. I noticed someone new read it too. There is hope. LOL
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #2270
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Angelrose, I was away for a few days so missed that your TR was posted! Can't wait to read it!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #2271
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

If we keep it on page one (the trip report) you will probably get more readers. I don't have computer access on the weekend so it's up to all of you to keep bumping it up! Don't let me come back Sunday night and find it on page 3

eta: more people are reading!!

Last edited by snapppyd; 03-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #2272
Angelrose

Christine, I'm glad you are reading.

snappyd, you are too funny. I am so pleased that more people are reading.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #2273
Angelrose

I went to see the Lorax with Karen and Jesse tonight. It was really cute and funny. Jesse was scared a couple of times, but Karen held one hand and I held the other. He loved the rest of the movie though.

The best part was when the ran the credits and played some great music. Jesse stood up and was dancing around. When the music was fast, he would go fast. When it was slow he would go slow. He was shaking his little behind the whole time. Karen and I were DYING. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

When we got home he told daddy that he was "shakin' his booty". We all laughed at that.

When I got home I noticed that my eye had some crusty stuff on the sides. Yep, I think I have pink eye. Now tomorrow I have to see if I can get in to see the dr to get something for it. I was just there last week for a sore throat, that has finally cleared up after a month.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #2274
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Too cute - "Dancin' Jesse"!

ugh - I've had pinkeye. It was years ago. I've worn contact lenses for years and at the time, I didn't have a pair of glasses. I remember the doctor being appalled that I had put my contact lenses in while having pinkeye - yeah it hurt! Drops will take care of it.

Going to the Coast this weekend - all the way down to Cambria/San Simeon. We have a tour booked for Hearst Castle. We've been there before, but it's been a while. Weather should be good. Always less fog this time of year.

I have to go back over and check out your TR again. I loved what I've read so far.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #2275
Angelrose

That sounds like a wonderful trip Julie. I want to hear all about it when you get back.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #2276
snapppyd

How are you feeling today? Hope the eye is better

Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #2277
Angelrose

Hi snappyd. Yes, my eye is almost back to normal. Thanks for asking. I only have that film over my eyes in the morning, but the redness is practically all gone.

I have my WW meeting tomorrow. I hope I've lost something. I'm trying something different called MyFitnessPal.com. You put in your age and height and it tells you how many calories you should use in a day. Then when you exercise they give you more calories to eat. Everyday, I've been tracking my food on there and my exercises. I've always been below my calories but I'm using a lot more points. We'll see how that goes.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #2278
snapppyd

I'm glad you eye is healing! I think I'm going to need Weight Watchers soon. I made it through the winter without gaining much, then suddenly the past month or so I've gained 5-6 pounds. This is not a good time of year to be gaining a pot belly with bathing suit weather fast approaching

DH and I enjoy our cold beers together when he gets home from work, seems I've been enjoying too many, LOL!

It's what my Irish neighbor calls "a dirty day" today, hazy, humid, damp, gray, etc. I can't wait to see those first little green buds of spring.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #2279
Angelrose

I'll tell you WW is the best way to go for losing weight. I lost 1.2 pounds this week! I am so happy. They teach you how to manage your food intake. You'd be surprised how things add up. That and portion control are the two biggest things to watch out for.

It was cloudy and cold here all day. We had a wind coming off the ocean and that always makes things cold and nasty here. We have rain coming in tomorrow and then back to the high 60's and 70's next week.

I get to babysit tomorrow night for a few hours while Chuck and Karen have dinner and do their shopping. I can't wait to see my babies again.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #2280
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I'll tell you WW is the best way to go for losing weight. I lost 1.2 pounds this week! I am so happy. They teach you how to manage your food intake. You'd be surprised how things add up. That and portion control are the two biggest things to watch out for.

It was cloudy and cold here all day. We had a wind coming off the ocean and that always makes things cold and nasty here. We have rain coming in tomorrow and then back to the high 60's and 70's next week.

I get to babysit tomorrow night for a few hours while Chuck and Karen have dinner and do their shopping. I can't wait to see my babies again.
I'll be down in Ocean County tomorrow night so we will share the same weather this weekend. Going to try and buy a new car this weekend, but DH is so tired I don't know if we will get to the car dealer.

Have fun with the grands tomorrow night!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: