Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #2221
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Well, I am GRUMPY. I gained a pound in the last two weeks. I am kind of disappointed in myself because I knew I was over indulging. I have to keep repeating to myself, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". LOL

Oh well, I am being good now and trying to walk a bit more and do more on the weights. I'm still busy putting away the Christmas decorations. In between that, I am trying to clean out so much JUNK that has accumulated over the years. Good gracious why on earth was I keeping it??

I also got some disappointing news. The retirement community I wanted to move to is filled up. No homes for sale, not even a condo for sale or rent. So it looks like I will be staying here for a bit longer.

On a brighter note. I got out some clothes that I will be packing for my trip. Yes the Disney trip that I will be leaving for in 27 days. I don't want to wait until the last minute, I guess. I am such a weirdo. But I'm happy. Ron used to put up with me getting my suitcase ready a month in advance. When would he pack?? Two days before we left.

Karen has printed out our intinerary and I hope Chuck will remember to bring it over when he comes to load my car with trash tomorrow. Then I will post it here. But I am not a bit excited about this trip. Nope, not a bit.

Wow, I don't think a pound is bad after the holidays. I was up 4 pounds last week, but down 2 this week.

I also love to start packing WAY ahead of time! I'm always afraid I'll forget something I can't live without!

Are you on a waiting list for the retirement community? Is there another one you can look into?

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #2222
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I know a pound isn't that bad for the holidays, but I'm just mad at myself. I worked so hard to get rid of all that weight and it only takes a few bad choices to pack it back on again. I've been really watching everything I eat this week.

I got the big living room decorations mostly all put away. I have a few things that will have to wait until I get the tree down because these things go on top of the tree boxes. But it's getting there.

I'm not on any list yet snappyd. With the holidays and our vacation coming up we just haven't had time to think about it. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right places online to find what I'm looking for. We haven't even started looking for a real estate person to give me an estimate on what I can expect for this house and property. So much to think about. I will be glad to get away and not think about anything but having fun!

I've taken out my big suitcase and took everything out of it to see what I have and what I need to pack. I got out my carpet bag for my clothes. It's just sitting in my bedroom begging me to fill it up.

I did get in over 11,000 steps today. All that moving around packing up decorations really adds up. I also did 6 times around Smithville too. It only takes me an hour now to do it.

Only 23 more days to go!
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #2223
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

23 days! Wow, that went fast! Well, maybe not for you, LOL!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #2224
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

It's going so s l o w l y. LOL I'm starting to think of it as only 3 more WW meetings to go.

That sounds better than 21 days.

I worked on getting the tree undecorated. I got most of it done today. Hopefully I will get it all done tomorrow.

I did lost .8 of the one pound I gained last week, so that made me feel better.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #2225
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

ooohhh.....I'm excited for your trip! 3 weeks!

I'm going on a "girls only" trip to Disneyland on May 1. My sister-in-law is reserving the rooms and I'll be the tour guide! I think it's 6 of us, including my 2 sisters and another sis-in-law (my brother is pouting at the "girls only" thing!)

Then DH & I are going again in mid-June, when I'm done working. We have a 2 bedroom reserved and hope our older son and daughter-in-law will be ready for an escape from reality by then.

Disneyland is so much closer for us. We try to do WDW every few years.

You're going to have such a good time! (and won't it be nice to be a few lbs lighter?!)

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #2226
Angelrose

That sounds like so much fun Julie. I've never been to Disneyland. My son and DIL went on their honeymoon and enjoyed it.

This time I will be 50 pounds lighter than I was two years ago. It will definitely make a difference. I know I will have to rent a scooter, but I plan on walking as much as I can for as long as I can and use the scooter at the end of the day mostly. I can give Chuck and Karen breaks from walking and let them use the scooter. I know running after two kids will be hard on them. You have to let them out of the stroller sometimes!

I just canNOT wait for this trip to begin. I won't have to worry about getting rid of stuff. I won't have to worry about selling this house and lot. I won't have to worry about moving into something smaller. I won't have to worry that I won't be able to find something that I like.

But most of all I won't worry that Ron will be disappointed in me for leaving the home that he built for us. I hope he won't. It's just getting to be too much for me.

I do worry a lot lately. You would think all that worry would make me lose more weight. LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #2227
Angelrose

Hello, my friends. Saturday I switched over from Dish Network to Comcast triple play. I did it to save money. The Comcast guy that came was wonderful. Very helpful and worked with Chuck to get everything in order. The first dvr kept cutting out so he brought in another one. That didn't work either, so he brought in a third one.

That seemed to work but it was SLOW in getting the programming. He told me it could take 12 to 24 hours because I'm out in the boonies. OK. I'll buy that.

Sunday it still wasn't through programming. I programmed a couple of shows and it kept cutting out just like the others. sighhhhhhhhh It was so annoying. I was watching the season finale of Leverage and just got a slight idea of what the story was about. It cuts out every 2 to 10 minutes!

So I called the tech guy back and he said he would stop over Tuesday to bring me a new one. I told Chuck that I will give it ONE more try and then I want TIVO. At least I know that works. I found out from a friend that she is on her 4 or 5 dvr. And they are ready for a 6th! Not doing that.

Right now I feel like biting someone.

I babysat the kids today as they didn't have daycare. When I got there, Chuck told me that Zoey had thrown up 2 or 3 times during the night and slept in it. He had to bathe her and change all the bedding before getting ready for work. She was fine for me. And Jesse was pretty good all day. Only one time out. Zoey wouldn't take her nap. I think because her room still smelled. Poor baby was exhausted. She fell asleep on the couch and face planted onto the blanket. I was afraid she would smother so I took her up to her crib and she just screamed for 20 minutes. I brought her back down and I let her play while Jesse watched Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

After that we went down in the basement to play. She wanted mostly to sit in Grandmom's lap, but she did get up and play after a while. It was almost 4 and the kids were hungry so I brought them up for a little snack.

Zoey had some juice and a cracker and Jesse had a piece of cheese. I was playing with Jesse when I noticed Zoey had fallen asleep again with her head on the table. Poor little baby. I felt so sorry for her.

Chuck came home around 5 and I left. He called me later to say that the had to wash down the whole crib to get rid of the remnants. That's why the room reeked and probably why she didn't want to nap there.

If she has a fever tomorrow I will go and babysit her for the day while Jesse goes to daycare. Hopefully she will be fine and I can get my new dvr. I hate missing all my shows.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #2228
snapppyd

Angel I hope Zoe feels better today. Have you tried going on hulu.com to catch up on your shows? I use it when I miss "revenge" - and there are less commercials!

I don't know what I'm doing up so early, having sinus/teeth problems again

be back later, after more coffee!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #2229
Angelrose

Thanks snappyd, I haven't tried hulu yet. I may have to.

Zoey wasn't feeling any better today. She threw up this morning and Chuck called me at 6:30 this morning to come and babysit. She didn't want to do anything but sit and cuddle with Grandmom. I did get a few giggles out of her. She mostly drank her gatorade and had a few crackers. She took an hour's nap this morning on the couch. This afternoon I tried to get her to lay down in her crib, but she started crying. I didn't want to give her any more stress, so I let her lay down on the couch again. She slept for another hour and a half. She's been rubbing her ears, so she might have another ear infection. She just got over her last bout of it.

Chuck came home around 4 to take her to the dr. I came home and had dinner. I will hopefully be home tomorrow and can call the Comcast guy to come and give me a new dvr. If not it will be Thursday or Friday.

I am tired tonight. I don't know why. I have been sitting all day and watching tv. I feel so much better when I can get out and take my usual walk.

I sure hope your sinus and teeth problems get resolved soon. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #2230
snapppyd

I hope Zoey is feeling better by now, don't want her having ear problems on your trip. You must be beside yourself by now with anticipation

We had a very nice weekend, we ate out Friday and Saturday nights, something we NEVER do - it was great not having to cook. On Sunday we
went to Broadway and saw Mary Poppins - OMG you must see this show!! Absolutely wonderful

Yesterday I hurt my neck a little trying to take off an old toilet seat and install a new one. The bolts were so tight I had to lay on the floor with my head underneath and look up so I could use a pliers to remove them. Today I can't move my head It's always something.........

I really can't wait for spring - this 'black and white' world is getting so depressing - I need blue skies and green trees!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #2231
Angelrose

Hi snappyd. Zoey is better thanks. But now she is teething again and is kind of grumpy. Hopefully she will feel better before we go away.

Chuck came tonight and installed Tivo for me. I can't wait to get that piece of carp dvr from Comcast OUT. I will call the guy tomorrow and hope he can come before we go away to get the card installed. That way I will be able to program shows for when I'm away.

I am all packed and suitcases downstairs ready to be loaded in the kids car.

But, I want to make it very clear that I am not excited. Nope, not in the least.

9 days to go!!!!! YIPPITY SKIPPITY!!!!!!! :c heer2:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #2232
Angelrose

Sure hope you feel better with your neck. No more home improvements for a while!

I would love to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. But that is not in the cards this year. Maybe next year if I can swing it.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #2233
snapppyd

So, are we down to 7 days????????????

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #2234
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Cool! One week to go! You're gonna have sooo much fun!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #2235
Angelrose

YES!!! 7 days, 8 hours and 44 minutes.

Today was a good day. The Comcast guy was an hour late, but he took out the carpy dvr and installed the card. It works! I was able to program all my shows. The only thing is, that I'm not getting my music channels. I guess I will have to call them to see if they can fix that from there.

I lost .8 this week! I am thrilled. I only need to lose .4 and I will be back to where I was before I got stalled. However, I'm not sure that will be possible with all the food at DW. Maybe I will be able to walk it off and choose better than I did last time. And maybe NOT. I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to have a good time.

Chuck will pick up my suitcases sometime this weekend. Saturday I am getting my hair done. I just have to stop the paper and mail next week and call to confirm the car service pick ups. Then next Thursday I can print out my boarding pass! That will be AWESOME.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: