Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 AM   #2206
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Well today I was up at 5 I still haven't recovered from Christmas - has anyone ever divorced their family??

AngelRose you are an inspiration. From the start of this thread until today you have come so far and it is an honor and privilege to watch your progress. I only hope I would have the same grace under the circumstances you found yourself in.

I think your trip comes at the perfect time of year, just as you are putting away the holiday decorations you have a wonderful trip to look forward to. By the time you come back the days will start getting longer and you can look forward to opening the pool

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #2207
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Belated Christmas wishes to all here...sounds like everyone has enjoyed a perfectly lovely holiday! We had a good one here...family over from the U.K that are still here but all in all, it's been lovely! I do somewhat look forward to getting my groove back though! One more big night..then that's it!

When are you off to Disney Angelrose? I bet you can't wait! We are in the planning stages of what to do this winter...so far, winter really hasn't arrived here! Did a short cruise a few weeks back and will escape someplace warm perhaps in February.

Wishing you all the very best of the New Year filled with many blessings!

Angelrose, you amaze me all the time..what a brave and wonderful lady you are.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #2208
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

5am?? snappyd you have got to get more sleep! Some of my family have divorced the rest of us, but mostly we are friendly to each other. I am only close to two of my cousins though.

Karen, Happy New Year to you. I am leaving for Disney February 3 and be back on the 12th. It should be fairly nice weather then.

Thank you both for the compliments. I don't feel strong. I just try to get through each day.

Now I have to think about moving to something much smaller by this time next year. I just can't afford to stay here. It's such a big house and 10 acres. Downsizing is going to be hard. Chuck was here today and we got rid of a bunch of stuff. The hard part will be downsizing my Christmas decorations and my other holiday decorations. But I just won't have room to display them in a smaller house. I think Chuck was afraid I wouldn't want to leave. I told him at my age, I just have to do what needs to be done. No looking back.

I'm sure I will get used to a smaller house. I won't have to worry about any problems if I rent a place. I just call somebody and they fix it. LOL

Now if only I could win that Publishers Clearing House $1 million a year for life.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #2209
DisDiva2
Mouseketeer

Send you prayers & good vibes

DW Swan & Dolphin 2012, DW Pop Century 2011,
Disney Dream 2011, DW Port Orleans French Quarter 2011, DW Caribbean Beach 2010, DW Coronado Springs 2009, DW All Star Sports 2008, Disney Vero Beach 2007, DW Pop Century 2007

DisDiva2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #2210
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you DisDiva2. I sure need both.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #2211
Angelrose

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS HERE ON THE DIS!

I spent the afternoon with the kids and after dinner we took the kids for a nice long walk. Well we walked, the kids sat in the stroller. Here is what they looked like by the time we got back home

Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #2212
Angelrose

Jesse can sleep in the weirdest ways. One morning he woke up and told his dad that his back hurt. Chuck looked in his bed to find that he had been sleeping on a truck the whole night. Yep, that will do it.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #2213
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
My DH, the light of my life is in a coma. He fell and hit his head on Monday. He said he really saw stars and was done working for the day. He went through the basement and took off his work clothes, went upstairs and got a shower. He even used his squeegee to clean the shower. He was trying to make it to bed when he fell. I was downstairs making his lunch and didn't hear him fall. I finally went upstairs about 10 minutes later to find him unconscious on the floor. We got him to the trauma unit and the dr told me they needed to get him into surgery immediately to get out the blood from the subdural hematoma. Everything went well.

He can follow commands, like squeeze my hand but he just hasn't opened his eyes yet.

Please pray that he does soon. He is in great shape for his age (73) So that is in his favor. We have been married 44 years this July. I NEED him to be OK.

Thanks.
i feel like a dork... old thread. but hope you're doing ok.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #2214
Angelrose

Please don't feel like a dork. I can always use prayers. That is what gets me through the day.

I am doing well. It's still hard without my love but my family helps me. My grandkids always make me laugh.

I will survive because I have to. I know that is what Ron would want. Sometimes I can almost see him smiling at me.

Again, thank you for your prayers.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #2215
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Happy New Year!

Angel, when my BIL passed away my sister had to sell her house. She is now very happy in a 2-bedroom townhouse - room for her dog and for the grandkids to visit, but cozy enough that she is "rattling around", LOL!

I'm not saying it was easy, but I think you will find life much easier once you are in a smaller place. Love the pic of the children sleeping in the stroller - I have a stiff neck today and just looking at Jesse had me running for the Advil!

I can't believe your trip is only a month away!

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #2216
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Happy New Year Angelrose!

We "down-sized" with the move we made a few months ago. It's just the two of us and the 3400 sq.ft. was just too much. We now have a one-story, 2200 sq. ft. house on about 1/3 acre. (typical suburban lot). We can still host all of the family holidays. It will be difficult, but selling and moving to something smaller would be a good choice for you, I'm sure.

We had a great Christmas. But 3 days after Christmas, our older son and daughter-in-law lost their apt in a fire. Sadly, they lost their sweet cat, Piglet. They have renter's insurance and are doing a valient job of inventoring everything they owned. They are staying with her parents, but they could stay here (our futon isn't as big or as comfortable as the bed at the other parents' house) I am just so grateful that my daughter-in-law left the apt when she did. It pained her to not get the cat out from under the bed. She tried, but Piglet just wouldn't come to her. They had a fire escape off the balcony in their bedroom, or she wouldn't have made it. I'm a class-A worrier, so I am in over-drive with this!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #2217
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

Angel, this is the first I've seen this thread, so it's already old, but I wanted to send you thoughts and strength. I know every day is a new battle. Love to you and your family
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #2218
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
Happy New Year Angelrose!

We "down-sized" with the move we made a few months ago. It's just the two of us and the 3400 sq.ft. was just too much. We now have a one-story, 2200 sq. ft. house on about 1/3 acre. (typical suburban lot). We can still host all of the family holidays. It will be difficult, but selling and moving to something smaller would be a good choice for you, I'm sure.

We had a great Christmas. But 3 days after Christmas, our older son and daughter-in-law lost their apt in a fire. Sadly, they lost their sweet cat, Piglet. They have renter's insurance and are doing a valient job of inventoring everything they owned. They are staying with her parents, but they could stay here (our futon isn't as big or as comfortable as the bed at the other parents' house) I am just so grateful that my daughter-in-law left the apt when she did. It pained her to not get the cat out from under the bed. She tried, but Piglet just wouldn't come to her. They had a fire escape off the balcony in their bedroom, or she wouldn't have made it. I'm a class-A worrier, so I am in over-drive with this!
How awful, thank goodness your son and DIL made it out - so sorry to hear about Piglet

The tag fairy loves me

Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #2219
Angelrose

HAPPY NEW YEAR! snappyd, I know it will be an adjustment to move into an apartment. I've never lived in one, but I know it will be better for me. If I could afford a 3 bedroom I would be very happy. That way I could bring at least some of my decorations with me. It will be nice not to have to worry about getting the pool set up and closed down each summer. I can just go to the community pool. I won't have ten acres of woods to care for either. I do love to look out my kitchen window and see trees. But it will be nice to have a garage to park my car in. There are good and bad things about the move.

Julie, Happy New year to you too. I'm so sorry your son and DIL lost their cat in a fire. Thank goodness they are all right. I would love to be able to afford a nice rancher in the retirement community near me. I keep hoping I will be able to, but I will find out when we find a reliable real estate agent to tell me what I can get for my house and property as is. I am not making any improvements here. I must say that in the nearly 40 years living here, we've never had a roof leak or a termite. Ron did such a great job of building this house. It will be hard to leave it because of that. But I know Ron will understand.

JoShan1719, thank you for your good thoughts and strength. I hope you all know how much each and every post means to me. Even though this thread is over two years old, I'm still so happy to read everyone's post. It does give me strength to go on.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #2220
Angelrose

Well, I am GRUMPY. I gained a pound in the last two weeks. I am kind of disappointed in myself because I knew I was over indulging. I have to keep repeating to myself, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". LOL

Oh well, I am being good now and trying to walk a bit more and do more on the weights. I'm still busy putting away the Christmas decorations. In between that, I am trying to clean out so much JUNK that has accumulated over the years. Good gracious why on earth was I keeping it??

I also got some disappointing news. The retirement community I wanted to move to is filled up. No homes for sale, not even a condo for sale or rent. So it looks like I will be staying here for a bit longer.

On a brighter note. I got out some clothes that I will be packing for my trip. Yes the Disney trip that I will be leaving for in 27 days. I don't want to wait until the last minute, I guess. I am such a weirdo. But I'm happy. Ron used to put up with me getting my suitcase ready a month in advance. When would he pack?? Two days before we left.

Karen has printed out our intinerary and I hope Chuck will remember to bring it over when he comes to load my car with trash tomorrow. Then I will post it here. But I am not a bit excited about this trip. Nope, not a bit.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: