Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #2161
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Well, I made it! I have about 10 stitches in my mouth, was pretty swollen on Tuesday, but doing much better now. Still on antibiotics for a few more days. I have appt. on Halloween to get the stitches out (if they don't dissolve first - doesn't look like they will). All in all it was not as painful as I expected it to be.

How is everyone? I couldn't find this thread

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #2162
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Thx for the good wishes Snappy and Angelrose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
Well, I made it! I have about 10 stitches in my mouth, was pretty swollen on Tuesday, but doing much better now. Still on antibiotics for a few more days. I have appt. on Halloween to get the stitches out (if they don't dissolve first - doesn't look like they will). All in all it was not as painful as I expected it to be.

How is everyone? I couldn't find this thread
Snappy, glad your gum surgery is behind you and hope you mend good as new real soon!

Just got off work and am finishing packing. We fly out tomorrow for our BD celebration cruise! Can't wait...12 glorious days of R&R!

Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #2163
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
Thx for the good wishes Snappy and Angelrose.

Snappy, glad your gum surgery is behind you and hope you mend good as new real soon!

Just got off work and am finishing packing. We fly out tomorrow for our BD celebration cruise! Can't wait...12 glorious days of R&R!

Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!

OOHHH, have a wonderful time! It's 40 degrees and raining here right now. Hope you have great weather and a great time!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #2164
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

snappyd, I'm glad the surgery went well.

4nana Bon Voyage! I know you will have a great time.

I'm still struggling with losing any more weight. I haven't really lost anything since the beginning of August! The last two weeks, I have gained two pounds back. This week, I was sure I had lost those two pounds. Well, I got the two right. Yeah, .2. sighhhhhhh Oh well, at least it is something. I will keep trying and I know eventually I will start to lose again.

I bought a ton of clothes at Kohls Saturday and today. I am now into a size medium in tights. I would never dare to wear tights before. I bought two pairs of jeans in size 12 a snowflake sweater in size medium and a pair of pj's in medium too. I don't understand how I am getting into smaller sizes while not losing weight. Maybe losing inches?? Oh well, as long as I don't go back to where I was, I guess I have to be happy.

Oh I thought you would like to see some new pictures.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #2165
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Just a few more.

He's my little pirate. He was so excited when I told him I was going to be a pirate for Halloween too. LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #2166
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

ADORABLE! Such little sweeties.
You will be a knockout Pirate too!
Don't sweat the 2lbs..look at the big picture and what you have accomplished!

Snappyd..feel better! At least after dental surgery the healing pain is somehow better than when something's wrong in there. Teeth can be so problematic.

4nana have a GREAT cruise!

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 AM   #2167
snapppyd

OMG, those pictures! They look like professional models, adorable!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #2168
Angelrose

Thank you ladies. I agree wholeheartedly.

I had a great time with the kids at Storybook Land on Friday. Jesse got so many goodies. Rice Krispy treats, fruit snacks, little coloring books, a whistle, a couple of other little toys. All that plus the rides. We did the corn maze again. It was different! They had hidden the numbers for the card at different places too. We found 11 of the 12 and then just got it at the end. We had spent another hour just in the maze. They had a Jack Sparrow lookalike there giving the hay rides. He was so cute, I wanted to take him home. He was posing for pictures, but Jesse didn't want to go. I SHOULD have gotten my picture then, but by the time we had gotten through the corn maze, he was gone. No Jack Sparrow for me.

We got home and got the kids fed and then Chuck and Karen went out to do their shopping. I played with the kids for a while, but I knew they were so tired. I put Zoey to bed and she was asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

Jesse and I watched the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and another Charlie Brown movie. I read him three books and then it was time for him to go to bed too.

Chuck and Karen came home soon after and I went home.

Saturday was rainy and cold all day. At 8:30 I lost power while I was on the computer so of course it crashed. Good thing I have a flashlight right here on my desk. I got downstairs and got out my lantern and read for a while. By 11 I still didn't have power so I went to bed.

It came back on at 12:30. I shut down everything and went back to sleep.

This morning I did my grocery shopping and nothing else until I left to go shopping with Karen at 12:30. Jesse wanted me to play with him and I promised I would play with him when we got back.

Karen and I went to Macy's first. She got a couple of nice tops and a belt, but nothing really that would match the rest of us for the family pictures.

I found a nice sweater that would blend in very well with Zoey's navy dress. It's kind of a blend of navy, black and a lighter blue. It has a v neck and 3/4 sleeves. It is so soft. I really love it. Karen picked up a pair of black jeans for Jesse and our last stop was the bath and body shop for some peppermint hand gel. We both love that stuff.

I did play with Jesse for a little while, but I was fading fast. I didn't use the scooter at all at the mall. I am so proud of myself for that. But I did get tired. I read him two books and then came home.

Tomorrow I will get my pirate costume on and get to their house around 4. We will go pick up the kids and go to Karen's friends house for pizza dinner and then her friends mom and I will sit outside and give out the treats. I haven't met her, but she is my age and wants to meet me. I'm sure we will have a lot of fun.

Tuesday I get to babysit again while Chuck and Karen go out to buy Jesse a big boy bike for his birthday. I am just loving spending all this time with my babies.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #2169
Angelrose

I had such a great time on Halloween. The kids did really well even though it was way past their bedtime. Even Zoey had a good time and was the hit of the neighborhood. She was laughing and waving to everyone.

So here is a couple of pictures.

Here is Black Hearted Rose in all her glory.

I had fun handing out candy to all. I'm glad I brought a blanket to keep me warm. It was getting pretty chilly towards the end of the evening.

I got home around 9 and just vegged in front of the tv for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday I babysat for Jesse while the kids went shopping for his birthday presents. Zoey had just gotten her second flu shot and was feeling bad, so they put her to bed before they left.

Jesse was good and went to bed with no problems. It was a good time.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #2170
snapppyd

OMG, you look fantastic AngelRose!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #2171
Angelrose

Thanks snappyd. I will keep trying. Sooner or later I will start to lose again. The best part is I feel so much better. Getting into size 10 and 12 is pretty good too. I even got into a medium sweater. Now I love shopping for clothes.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #2172
Angelrose

Jesse's birthday party was a lot of fun. I thought I would show you a couple of pictures.

Jesse Blue Lips

Jesse's New Big Boy Bike

Jesse, Zoey and cousin Ronnie

They were all snuggled up under the pirate blanket I gave Jesse as one of his presents.

Jesse was off the wall the whole day. By his bedtime he was just exhausted. He gave me a hug goodnight and went to bed without a protest. Miss Zoey came running to me and gave me a big hug when I arrived. That is a first for her. I am so thrilled.

I lost a pound last week at my meeting. But I think I gained it back this week. Besides eating two pieces of birthday cake! I ate more than my share of meatballs and pasta. I was a very bad girl. I have been making up for it this week, but I can see how my face is bloated again. sighhhhhh At least next week there is no meeting because of Thanksgiving. I hope I can be good and lose SOMETHING the following week.

I have the house all decorated except for the tree and Chuck will have to come and put it up for me. I can decorate it fine except for the very top which he can do later. I guess it will be after Thanksgiving this year. Maybe I will get a start on my Christmas cards. I don't have that many so maybe I will do that.

I do have some baking to do. My hairdresser has been bugging me for a batch of my pumpkin oat bread. So I will do that on Friday and bring it to her on Saturday when I get my hair done.

I have to do another batch for my friend at Smithville and one for Karen. Then I want to do a batch of my cinnamon almonds. Well, I will have to make a couple of batches of that too. I will be kept very busy in the next few weeks.

Only 78 more days to go!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #2173
snapppyd

Angel, I love the pictures of the children, they are so beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving; I'll be visiting my sister upstate and spending the night there. I won't be on the computer for 9 days, so I want to wish you and everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING in advance.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #2174
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

We're back ! Our BD cruise was fabulous!!

Love all the new pix Angelrose. The Halloween pix are cool and you look great in that sexy costume girl!!!!!

I'm soooo jealous of your new wardrobe in med. 10-12 size!!! Great job!

Gosh, can't believe Jesse is 4yo already ?!?! It's been such a delight watching him grown up right here on the Dis!

You're really blessed they live so close, can spend time and do fun activites w/them . That sweet Zoey sure favors her Grandma!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #2175
Angelrose

Thank you snappyd and I'd like to wish you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING too. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your sister.

Thank you 4nana. I want to hear all about your cruise!

It's been a struggle ever since I hit the 50 pound mark. I can't lose or if I do I gain it back the next week! I'm keeping to the program and tracking what I eat and everything. So I'm trying to walk more. My dr told me I have to lift weights because my bones are thinning. So I'm doing that. I'm doing 3 sets of 10 of curls and above my head. Sometimes I do a bit more. I'm hoping that will help with my weight as well as my bones.

Well, I'm going to my meeting tonight but I don't expect anything new. Tomorrow night I babysit. YIPPEE!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too 4 nana.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: