Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #166
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you all so much for your prayers and hugs and good thoughts. It means the world to me.

Ron his out of critical care and is up on the 4th floor today. They are giving him physical therapy. Everything is going well, except that he doesn't open his eyes. I must tell him to open them a million times a day. He must get so tired of hearing that. I talk to him about our trips to Disney and our walks closer to home. I talk about what a great son and DIL we have. They are just doing everything for me. I've heard from many people that this Moss Rehab center is the BEST. Chuck and Karen say that don't want me to try and catch buses. They will drive up there on the weekends if that is where he needs to go. I can call every day. Since I walk with a cane and am not very fast or nimble on my feet, I guess trying to catch buses in a strange town is not one of my best ideas.

It's funny you should mention music D,L and K's momma. I just got out my portable cd player. Ron just bought a bunch of rag time cd's that I am going to bring with me. That might help.

Thank you 4nanna for the Footprints in the Sand. It is one of my favorites.

It's strange, but I've always said prayers for people that need it with no problem. But with my Ron, all I can manage, is Dear God, please let him open his eyes and come back to me. I hope that is enough. I'm sure God knows what is in my heart.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #167
jackemail
DIS Veteran

This thread is touching me like no other, perhaps because my parents have been married 50 years, and would be lost without the other. I am praying so hard for you and your husband.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #168
DisneyFix321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thank you all so much for your prayers and hugs and good thoughts. It means the world to me.

Ron his out of critical care and is up on the 4th floor today. They are giving him physical therapy. Everything is going well, except that he doesn't open his eyes. I must tell him to open them a million times a day. He must get so tired of hearing that. I talk to him about our trips to Disney and our walks closer to home. I talk about what a great son and DIL we have. They are just doing everything for me. I've heard from many people that this Moss Rehab center is the BEST. Chuck and Karen say that don't want me to try and catch buses. They will drive up there on the weekends if that is where he needs to go. I can call every day. Since I walk with a cane and am not very fast or nimble on my feet, I guess trying to catch buses in a strange town is not one of my best ideas.

It's funny you should mention music D,L and K's momma. I just got out my portable cd player. Ron just bought a bunch of rag time cd's that I am going to bring with me. That might help.

Thank you 4nanna for the Footprints in the Sand. It is one of my favorites.

It's strange, but I've always said prayers for people that need it with no problem. But with my Ron, all I can manage, is Dear God, please let him open his eyes and come back to me. I hope that is enough. I'm sure God knows what is in my heart.
Just remember God knows what is in your heart. Just keep the faith. I will keep you and Ron and in my prayers .
DisneyFix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #169
D,L and K's Mom
D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful" ~ Annette Funicello~
You've been dazed and confused for too long!

Just checking in...

just checking in to see how things are going.
D,L and K's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #170
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Still here with you, angelrose, for you and Ron both.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #171
Parkers_girl
DIS Veteran

I'm sending lots and lots of prayers your way!

My mother was 40 years young when her heart suddenly stopped and she was in a coma for 2 weeks before she finally opened her eyes, and that was the hardest 2 weeks of my life. Every doctor said she would never wake up and if she did she would be a "vegetable". They were very discouraging when she opened her eyes, claiming "it reflex", but we knew better. We talked to her everyday, filled her room with pictures and played her favorite music, we were determined to be there when she woke up. We actually got yelled at by an ICU nurse for talking so excitedly to her, but we never ever gave up. When she finally opened her eyes and started following commands the doctors were blown away. She started improving dramatically a few days after trach surgery. It has been a little over 3 years since that incident and my mother is a healthy, happy woman who can do pretty much everything she could before, the only thing that was slightly impacted was her memory...vegetable? I think not!!

The point of my little story is DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! He will open his eyes when he is ready! He feels you there with him and hears you there and I'm sure that your presence comforts him. I know exactly what you're going through and how scary it is, but just make sure you take a deep breathe and take care of yourself! He will be okay.
Parkers_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #172
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Thank you for the updates. Both of you are still in my thoughts and prayers even if I don't get to post daily. I'm sorry he can't be closer to home.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #173
kacaju
DIS Veteran

((hugs)) please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. My dad was 63 when he fell ill and at one point we were told he had a 1% chance of pulling through. He went through heck and back while he was sick and even though he died 15 months after he first got sick, once he got to his *new normal* I was so thankful to God that I had him for those months.

I remember being so upset that my youngest dd (she was 3) would never know her grandpa like her two sisters. Even though he was never able to take her fishing they had such great quility time in the nursing home.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #174
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Angelrose,
I've been following your posts and praying a lot for you and your beloved DH!
Wishing continued strength and healing for your both!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #175
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Oh my dear friends, I have some good news tonight! When I put the ear phones on him and started to play some boogie woogie, he raised his finger in the air. I thought he was going to stand up and make a speech. LOL But he started to tap his finger in time to the music! He did that 3 or 4 times. I thought maybe it was just a reflex. But a little later he did the same thing. Then the nurse came in to tell me this morning he opened his eyes for her. As they were turning him, she told him to hold on to the bed rail and he did. Then she told him to point and he did. He also squeezed her hand with his left hand, the weak one. But you know what was the very BEST thing? She asked him if he knew his wife was there. And he NODDED HIS HEAD. He knows I'm there! Oh my dear sweetheart is coming back. She told me that with his kind of brain injury he needs to sleep a lot. For the first time I am SURE that he is going to make a full recovery. I am going to sleep well tonight.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #176
wdwiala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Oh my dear friends, I have some good news tonight! When I put the ear phones on him and started to play some boogie woogie, he raised his finger in the air. I thought he was going to stand up and make a speech. LOL But he started to tap his finger in time to the music! He did that 3 or 4 times. I thought maybe it was just a reflex. But a little later he did the same thing. Then the nurse came in to tell me this morning he opened his eyes for her. As they were turning him, she told him to hold on to the bed rail and he did. Then she told him to point and he did. He also squeezed her hand with his left hand, the weak one. But you know what was the very BEST thing? She asked him if he knew his wife was there. And he NODDED HIS HEAD. He knows I'm there! Oh my dear sweetheart is coming back. She told me that with his kind of brain injury he needs to sleep a lot. For the first time I am SURE that he is going to make a full recovery. I am going to sleep well tonight.

That is so great! Thanks for letting us know. Saying prayers for the two of you.
wdwiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #177
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

I have a huge smile on my face for you right now! I'm so glad you both had a great day. You should sleep well tonight.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #178
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy for you and will continue with prayers.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #179
SCHBR'smom
My mind is as clear and focused as.... oh, look

You can ignore my chores, too

How Wonderful!!!

You may now call me SCHBRVM'smom.
SCHBR'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #180
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!

Wonderful news!

I'll continue to keep you both in my prayers
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012
rascalmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: