Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #1651
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you Christine. I haven't heard anything yet, so I assume everything is OK and she is resting.

I just have to lightly sand the deck. Just rough it up a bit and get the flakes off. That will be the hardest part. I will just do a bit at a time. The staining will go a lot faster. I can do a few sections at a time until it's done. It may take longer than when Ron did it. He did the staining all in one long afternoon. He did it with a brush. I have a pad that I will use. Not sure how that will work out. It may be easier to just use a big brush. I'll have to see. Now it will be Ron's turn to supervise! I would love to have you come and keep me company. If only all those extra states weren't in the way.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #1652
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

I just came upon this thread this evening. I wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to you and lots and lots of . I wish I could do or say something to make you feel better, but just know that some strange lady in Illinois is thinking of you and wishing you well. I'll keep thinking good thoughts for Karen and please keep us updated.

Your thoughts and experiences have really helped me realize how very lucky we are when we are with our "knights in shining armor". I had a few very scary experiences this year...the first being an emergency situation with my husband of 11 years. He was in a lot of pain one morning on the way to work and I had to call 911 while on the phone with him, not knowing what was happening. The EMT's told me they'd call me when they got him settled at the hospital, but for 2 hours I had no idea. That was terrifying. He was in the emergency department for several hours, then needed emergency surgery to stop his intenstines from strangulating his bowel. I have 5 kids...and trying to keep it together was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. Luckily, he did well and is still here with me. Life gets in the way some times...but I'm NEVER going to take things for granted ever again.

I'm sorry to jump in here with this....but I realize I still have some unresolved issues. I'm still scared every time he doesn't feel well. I've read this thread with tears and laughter....you are an inspiration and everyone around you, whether they be family, friend, or internet buddy is lucky to know you.

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #1653
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh yes indeed, Angelrose has made a profound impact on us all. We never know in this life where paths will cross with extra special human beings that make a difference in how we view life and each other do we? She has wonderful Karma and amazes me with her strength and faith every day. She is a better woman than I! Of this I am sure.

How is Karen today Angelrose? My name is Karen..so I often think of her too!

I am praying that little Zoey stays 'put' for a little while longer!!

Have a lovely day all!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #1654
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you pixiefairy for your condolences and hugs. And thank you for the story about your DH. You just give him an extra hug every once in a while for no reason. I'm so glad that Ron and I did that. It helps me now.

You are so right in saying we never know when our loved ones can be taken from us. Just make the most of the time you have with them.

Karen is much better today and even went back to work this morning. The cramping has stopped and little Zoey is behaving herself for the time being. This one is going to be a handful I can tell! Thank you all for your prayers for her. I'm sure they helped.

The kids invited me out to dinner tonight at Olive Garden. I know they wanted to do something special for me this week. We had a great time and lots of laughs and I got to spend time with Jesse. He was so excited to see me and gave me a big hug. After we got back home, I got to read him three little books before his bedtime. I got another big hug and he said, "I love you Miss Grandma." I think that is so cute. He gets that from daycare where his teachers are Miss something.

Thank you both for the compliments. I don't know how I can live up to them though. All I can do his try to survive and be happy for the years we had together.

minnie56, you are the second friend I have whose name is Karen. How strange is that? What's even stranger is that Ron's first wife was named Karen. The name Karen must be in my destiny.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #1655
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Angelrose....I'll definitely take that advice. It's my dh's birthday today...and I hope to make sure that he knows how much I love him and how special he is.

And I believe that we are stronger than we even realize...especially when life happens. And we just don't really know how we can handle things until they happen. I was a mess with my dh's illness and hospitalization. I felt like I was coming undone. A month later, my son was hit by a car walking to school. By the grace of God...his only injury was a broken shoulder. I was calm and collected after the initial shock...and I'm still not quite sure how I was able to be so clear headed. My dh was a mess though...and he commented quite a bit that he was proud of how I reacted.

SO glad to hear that Karen and Zoey are doing well....keeping the prayers coming!!!

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #1656
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

See Angelrose? We have a connection indeed

So glad to hear that Karen (the other one :-) is doing so much better and little Zoey is being a good girl now! I hope she can take it easy as much as possible...

You don't have anything to live up to..just be you. That in itself is enough to set the bar pretty high!

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #1657
Angelrose

Oh my goodness pixiefairy, how scary to have your son hit by a car. I'm so glad it was only a broken shoulder. Although that is bad enough.

Sometimes it's the little things that we remember the most. I remember one time I was making lunch and Ron came up and gave me a hug. At the time, I started to get annoyed because I was "busy". Then I thought, "how crazy am I to be annoyed by a hug?" I turned around and gave him a big bear hug back. We both laughed and we had a good snuggle before I went back to making lunch. That happened only a month or so before he fell. I'm so glad that I gave him that big bear hug. We had a lot of those hugs and kisses for no reason. You can never have too many. You never know when they will be gone forever. What I wouldn't give for a little hug and kiss right now.

We would come up to one another and say, "I have a huggie deficit." Then the other would make sure that the huggie stock was refilled at once. Those are the fun things I remember most.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #1658
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

Hi Angelrose, I'm Ashley. I'm not sure if I've posted in here before, but I read often and also think about you often!

I recently had a loss of my own. My Grandfather passed away suddenly from what we think was a heart attack. He was only 65. It happened 3 weeks ago. His 66th birthday was today and tomorrow is Father's Day so the whole family is having a rough time this weekend. I go through different stages, some where I feel like I'm in denial and some when I'm crying alot. It's the first major loss I've experienced (I'm only 23) so it's been hard. But, I guess this is never easy is it?

Anyway, just wanted to tell you people you don't even know are thinking of you & wishing you well!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #1659
Angelrose

Hello Ashley and welcome. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather at such a young age. My Ron's birthday is this Thursday and he would have been 75. You are so right about it never being easy. It's the hardest thing we have to do in this life is to say that final goodby to our loved ones. Just know that your grandfather is always with you in your heart. It's never enough, but it is something. Remember all the wonderful times you had with him.

I know at first my memories were so painful that I would cry at every memory. But little by little I got to where the memories sometimes bring a smile. I have so many great memories.

Thank you for your well wishes and kind thoughts. I can never say it enough, but DIS friends are the best in the world.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #1660
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I've been spending a lot of time in the pool. It keeps my mind occupied and I feel closer to Ron there.

I had another dream of Ron. It seems all my dreams are of him in bed with me. I knew he was next to me, but his body felt so hot, like he had a fever. So I asked him if he was OK. He turned over and smiled and said he was fine. I said OK but don't go away. He hugged me and smiled and said ,"Oh I'm always here".

Isn't that something? This can't be just a coincidence. I know he is always here with me. That makes me feel so much better to know that. Sometimes I feel so lonely here all by myself. I know I can talk to the kids or my cousin, but it's just not the same. Now I know that when I talk to Ron, he really is here with me.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #1661
ksumn1
DIS Veteran

I think you know that Ron's always there but your dreams are your subconcious 9or ron's spirit) just confirming it to you. I hope you're doing well and that little Zoey and the rest of the family are well.

I'm sorru I haven't checked in more but I've been a bit occupied. M oldest Dd broke her leg in 3 places and is in a thigh cast, wheelchair, walker, the works. So I haven't had too much free time lately. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone's been and wish everyone (early) Happy 4th of July and hoping ya'll are having a great time this summer.

June 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge

ksumn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #1662
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

ahhhh....Angelrose - that's so sweet. I hope that you keep having those dreams of Ron!

ugh - ksumn1, that's terrible! It must be a lot of work, caring for your daughter in a large cast! Hang in there!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #1663
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, angelrose...it warms my heart good you share these "dreams' of Ron - we know for sure he is with you everyday, helping you to get through the difficult moments. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be alone, in your home with so many memories.

Did you do anything with the kids on Ron's birthday? I do hope you were not alone that day.

How is Karen and Zoey doing? Is she feeling better now? Loving prayer everyday for all.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #1664
Angelrose

ksumn1 I'm so sorry about your daughter breaking her leg so badly. Sending hugs and prayers that her leg heals quickly.

Julie, those dreams are so vivid and so real. It gives me a lot of comfort.

Christine, I went to the kid's for dinner on the weekend. But for his birthday I was alone. I didn't mind that. I wished him a Happy Birthday and thought about the good times..

Karen and Zoey are doing well, thanks. But Karen is ready to have this little gymnast. She is tossing and turning and Karen can't get to sleep some nights. The end of August or the beginning of September is when they are planning the cesarian. (SP?) And I can't wait to meet my little princess.

(no matter what Karen says, I am going to buy her pink outfits!)
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #1665
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Hi AngelRose! I'm so glad Karen and Zoey are doing well.

I had a car accident last week, thank goodness no one was injured. My poor car lost the whole front bumper, it's in the shop now getting fixed.

I have a story I think you will appreciate. My parents passed quite a few years ago, my Mom in '96 and my Dad in '01. Last week their chihuahua, Spunky, passed away. He has been living with my sister the past nine years, he would have been 18 in September.

Well, on Monday I called my house to check the messages on the answering machine. There were no new messages so I hung up. My phone immediately rang and the answering machine was playing a message from my Dad that I never erased! It was like he was calling me to let me know Spunky was with them.

So, I totally get it when you say Ron is with you, because he is

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: