Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #1606
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thanks 4nana. Grands are wonderful at healing the heart. Princess Zoey will be a joy to me along with Jesse. He felt fine this morning and couldn't wait to go to daycare.

snappyd, I'm glad you had a great time at Disney World. You must tell us all about it.

As far as the Garden State Parkway, it is very scary for someone who only drives close to home. At least now I know where the auto place is and I can get to it. And I will remember that it is a toll road.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1607
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Hello my friends. I have been doing pretty good for the last few days. I knew that this week would be hard. It will be one year ago tomorrow that he fell. But I know my Ron would be looking out for me.

Last night I thought I heard him in bed with me. I wanted to reach for his arm. I heard him start to turn over and I yelled WAIT, wait, wait. I finally reached his arm. I could feel it and feel the hairs on his arm. It was warm and so alive. Then he turned over. I woke up and actually expected to see him next to me. I realized it was a dream and said Thank You. He was telling me that he is always near me.

I'm going to try and keep very busy tomorrow. Chuck is coming over in the afternoon to take measurements of the work table that he wants to bring to his house. Then Friday afternoon he and his buddy will come over and take it out. It will be good to see him tomorrow. It will help.
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #1608
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good thoughts your way. What a lovely dream.

Take care.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #1609
Angelrose

Thank you Julie. I'll need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #1610
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Angelrose You've been in my thoughts this week...Tomorrow will be holding you ever so near in heart and prayer.

Without a doubt Ron came to you to help get you through the next difficult days and weeks. Bless his heart....and yours too.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #1611
Angelrose

Thank you Christine. That dream was so real. I mean I could actually FEEL his arm and the hairs on his arm. Maybe it wasn't a dream? He is still taking care of me.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #1612
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thank you Christine. That dream was so real. I mean I could actually FEEL his arm and the hairs on his arm. Maybe it wasn't a dream? He is still taking care of me.
I absolutely believe Ron is taking care of you! My son, Toby, has come to me and my DD. I know and understand.

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much...but will be again. Miss you.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #1613
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

What a wonderful dream! Thinking and praying for you Angelrose. I agree maybe it wasn't a dream.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #1614
Angelrose

I've missed you too! It's nice to chat with you again.

Chuck just called and asked me to go to the mall with them tomorrow morning to pick out a new phone. I think they just don't want me to be alone tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #1615
Angelrose

Thank you Java. I really think he was visiting me.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #1616
ksumn1
DIS Veteran

I think it was Ron. Either that or a very strong memory. Either way, I'm glad it brought you comfort. I hope tomorrow won't be too rough for you. I'll be thinking of you.

June 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge

ksumn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #1617
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #1618
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, know your Dis friends hold you close to their hearts and in prayer today, as your dear Ron smiles upon and guides you from above. Godspeed
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #1619
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Angelrose...I don't post here often but do check regulary. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You've been very brave this past year, and I'm quite sure your beloved Ron is so proud of you. From the early days of your request for prayer, through out your experiences this past year dealing with your loss, you have been an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your memories with us. It has been a privilege to read them.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #1620
Angelrose

ksumn1, snappyd, 4nana, and auntie thank you so much for the hugs and good thoughts today.

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It helped that I kept really busy. I went out early and weed whacked for 45 minutes and I was DONE. I came in and got a bath and then Chuck called to tell me they were on their way to pick me up to get a new phone. It was so good to see Karen and Chuck. They do make my heart smile. We got to the mall a few minutes before it opened and just sat and waited for the Verizon store to open. The kids were being goofy and I just had to laugh.

I picked out my phone and so did Chuck, Karen had to decide on which Blackberry she wanted. She finally settled on the Tour which she LOVES. While they were getting everything arranged I sat down on a bench in the store and started looking at my watch. I knew just when Ron fell and what time I found him. It was so hard not to burst into tears. Karen must have sensed what I was feeling and asked if I was alright. That kind of broke the train of thought. I smiled and said I was fine.

When we finished with the phones, Karen, Zoey and I were hungry and decided to have lunch at the food court. Karen got a chicken ceasar salad, I got a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings and Chuck just got fries and a grape soda. Well one of us had a healthful lunch.

I was so tired when I got home that I took a nap. When I got up I started watching tv and then the tears came. I couldn't help it. I remember how he looked after surgery. I had such hope that he would wake up. But he didn't.

I have tried to be strong because I knew Ron would want me to. Sometimes I have a good day and remember all the good times we had together. Other times those same memories bring me to tears.

I still have those moments when I want to have a temper tantrum and yell that I want him back with me. Thankfully those are further apart than they used to be.

Friday Chuck will be here to get the work bench with his buddy. Saturday the kids are taking me out to lunch at Red Robin (my choice) for my birthday. I will get to spend some time with my sweet Jesse and that will help a lot. My next big hurdle will be in a few weeks, the anniversary of his passing. That will be a bad day I know. I'll just have to live through it the best I can.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: