Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #1546
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Karen looks adorable! Jesse sounds so adorable.

All but one of the kittens now has their eyes open. I'll get pictures up eventually.

I figured out why I've felt so bad the past few weeks. Apparently I have a really deep sinus infection. Last Monday both of my ears were bleeding from it. All this time I thought it was my jaw. I freaked out so I went to the doctor. Luckily my ear drums are just fine.

Minnie56 I hope you have a wonderful time! I'm ready to go back!!!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #1547
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Angelrose, you sound good this week - I think being able to get out for some walks and fresh air helps, don't you?

Karen looks fabulous! What's more beautiful than a woman with child?

That little Jesse is just too darn precious!! Sophia said Minnie the other day..."innEE". So cute!! I added some pics from Christmas and their FL vacation in Feb to my FaceBook account (pm me if you'd like the name, but would have to become my "friend")...not as good as the last ones, but her Nana still thinks she's darn cute.

chell - oh my gosh, how scary to have blood coming from your ears! Did you go to the ER? Thank goodness you found out what is causing you to feel so ill - hope the antibiotic kicks in quickly. Looking forward to seeing the kittens.

Minnie - have a fabulous trip ....and hope that tooth feels better in the sun.

Fantasia, bless your heart.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #1548
chell

Hey Minnie&Nana!

No, I didn't go to the ER since my doctor had an available appointment Monday. Besides, I hate going to the ER. You wait all day long. I didn't want to get exposed to more germs. My body is still weak and can't seem to fight it all off.

She gave me a steroid shot and prescriptions for antibiotics and more steroids. Ugh. I hate taking the steroids.

Larry isn't happy because my ear still hurts. But I go back Wednesday for my annual check-up.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #1549
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hey, chell!!

Know what you mean about the ER. Ugh.

Something must be wrong with me big time...steriods always make me feel so much better.

Look for a pm, email or FB message. ...or check out my countdown, grab Larry and join us!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #1550
chell

Congrats on the trip. When is it exactly? I'll have to see if he is off school.

Usually the steroids make people feel good, but remember I'm a freak. Friday just before noon it cause me to have a huge sugar crash. I was shaking so hard I couldn't write. I drank a bottle of apple juice and ate some chips and 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter. By the time I got a friend to check my sugar it was up to 87. So I don't know how low it got. Usually it raises your sugar, not the opposite. And it has made me very irritable.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #1551
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Oh chell, how scary! I hope it takes affect soon and you start to feel better.

I do think being able to get out of the house in the fresh air helps a lot. I do love my walks.

Today was an eventful day. First I overslept until 7:30. Then I had to rush and fill up the bird feeder and give them water, rush out to get the paper and mail and then rush to get dressed to go to the grocery store. I was going to the ShopRite a bit further away because I wanted to get their gourmet onion rolls. The closer one hasn't had them. I get all my shopping done and get in the check out line. Those grocery cats are so tall that I have trouble getting everything out. Well, the nice couple in back of me, just started to get my things out of my cart for me. I told them these carts are not meant for short people. The woman said you are not short, you are fun sized! Oh I love that. The checked I have know for years, but haven't been to this store in a while. She asked where my helper was. I had to tell her all about Ron. She was so shocked and gave me a hug. It's still hard to tell people. It still seems so unreal.

When I got home, I noticed there was a crow flapping on the bird feeder. I thought that was odd because they usually fly away when the hear the car. Well he was flapping so hard that the feeder fell on the ground and I saw he was trapped. I ran over and saw that his leg was trapped in between the feeder and the leaf design. I tried to pull it away but I wasn't strong enough. The crow didn't struggle while I was trying to pull the design away from his leg, or try and bite me. Since I couldn't move it, I put it down on the ground and ran in to get a pair of needle nose pliers. I ran back and was able to move it away so he could get free. His poor leg was bleeding and it got on my fingers. I ran in and washed my hands immediately and THEN I was able to get my groceries in. Good thing I didn't have ice cream. I had my lunch and was watching a movie when my phone rang. It was my friend. She and her DH were driving down to Smithville and would I like to meet them there. I was thrilled. So I got myself together and drove over. We met and her DH got a picture of the two of us by the merry go round. Then he went off so we girls could have some talk time. We walked around and then I forced her to buy a Vera Bradley bag that was 30% off. I'm mean that way. We went to find Cliff and he was back at the merry go round, flirting with two elderly ladies. He is such a sweetheart. Then we went back to house for a bit. I told them my house was part St Patricks day and part Easter decorations. LOL We sat down and chatted for a while and then Cliff asked me where I would like to have dinner. They were going to treat me to dinner. Wasn't that sweet? We decided on Red Lobster. Then Cliff said he would drive me there and back. Going way out of their way so I wouldn't have to drive. I had the maple glazed chicken on wild rice. OH MY GOODNESS. That was so delicious. I have enough for tomorrow's dinner as well. Cliff and I had to have dessert. I got the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Cliff and the chocolate lava cookie with vanilla ice cream. Pat just nibble on his dessert a bit. Then they drove me back home. What a wonderful day I had.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #1552
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I had another good day today. I got my blood work done this morning. I went for a walk this afternoon since it 65 and sunny. I walked around and finally gave into temptation and bought a Vera Bradley bag for 30% off. Then I stopped to talk to my friend and show her my bag. We chatted for some time. It was almost 3:30 when I left to go back to my car. Funny thing is I didn't go my usual way and took a shortcut. All of a sudden I hear someone say "Well, look who it is". It was Karen and Jesse. As soon as he saw me, he ran into my arms and said "My gramma". We all sat down for a bit to talk and Jesse asked if there were any cars in my bag. LOL AWWWWW not this time. But he told me he had chicken nuggets for lunch and ate them all up. We stopped and had a piece of pizza. Jesse shared Karens, and he shared my drink. He also had a bit of my pizza too. After that, they continued their walk and I went home. After I was driving, I thought I should have gone with them so my friend could see Jesse. Karen later emailed me that they had gone in because Jesse wanted a new doggie. He didn't find what he wanted but went through the whole store saying what each animal was and making the right noises. I can't wait to tell my friends that was Jesse.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #1553
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello ladies..

Just back last nite, thought I would stop by and say Hi.
Oh Chell, I do hope that you are feeling better now. I had a horrible sinus infection before I went on the cruise in January and it tokk 2 types of antibiotics before it began to subside. Pretty miserable...you have my total empathy! How are those sweet kitties?

We had a great time..gosh a week goes fast! Too fast. We rented a 5bdrm home on Highlands Reserve golf course which was so peaceful. We ate breakfast outdoors and could watch them tee off at the 1st tee beyond our screened in pool. Perfectlt lovely. My daughter went to Disney 3x with her friend that works there and the rest of us did a 12 hour day at Epcot which was the best day. The weather was made to order and the Flower and Garden Fesitval is on now so that was very pretty to see. We ate lunch at Le Cellier and dinner at the Biergarten in Germany. Good day. Now back to reality! My tooth seems to have settled a lot so I have a re check at the Oral Surgeons this afternoon and hopefully I am on the road to mend!

Angelrose sounds like you are getting out and enjoying some better days. I am happy about that..there will be ups and downs but as the weather gets sunny and warmer I think we all feel a little brighter inside too. Glad that you were able to rescue the poor crow. Poor baby..

Minnie&Nana..how sweet that little Sophia can now make an attempt at Minnie! It's my name too!

Well I better start gettunpacked...and back to real life. Need to plan something else now!

Take care and enjoy your day!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #1554
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

yikes - I've been AWOL from this thread for a while!

Angelrose - it sounds like you're having some really good days. Thank heavens for Jesse! I'm sure there's nothing like a grandchild to make life brighter!

Welcome back, minnie. And, Chell, hope you're feeling better.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #1555
Angelrose

Welcome home minnie56. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I had another walk this afternoon. It was such a beautiful day. I always feel better when I can get my walk in.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #1556
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I did....most definitely have a good time! Pure heaven..

I think now that better days are here...walking out there amongst the first peeping through signs of Spring is uplifting. I am always amazed at the little things that survive the most brutal of winters. Sometimes I am surprised we do!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #1557
Angelrose

Ron always said that January and February were his hardest months. We went for our walks every day that we could. Right now he would be showing me the green sprouts of the daffodils coming up at Smithville. I thought of him today when I saw them. Spring was his favorite time of year.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #1558
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

And so they are...I think I agree with Ron and it just might be my favourite time too! Full of promise...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #1559
Angelrose

More water in the basement. Chuck is coming over tomorrow to start the pump and bringing Jesse over. YIPPEE.

Funny thing happened the other day. I was reading a magazine called Reminesce. It has stories about people telling about their childhood in the 30'w, 40's, 50's and 60's. It showed a picture of two little girls with a doctor kit they got for birthday or Christmas. It amazed me because I had one exactly like it when I was a kid in the 50's. I remember putting on the yellow plastic eyeglasses and eating the candy "pills" in a little glass bottle. It had a thermometer and stethoscope. I used everything on my poor mother all the time. Well, after I saw that picture and I was halfway out of the chair to go tell Ron about it when I remembered he isn't here. I told him anyway.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #1560
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Hey, Angelrose - my Mom received a few issues of Reminesce a while back and she got such a kick out of seeing stuff from years ago.

Where is everybody?

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: