Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #1516
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I think we are getting your snow Angelrose!
It was a heavenly day today..sunny and warm even. The forecast is taking a downward turn tho...snow tomorrow and on and off till the weekend. Oh well--the party's over!!

Glad that you are getting out a little tho...you've earned spreading those wings!!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #1517
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I had a dream about my Ron. I don't remember all of it, but at the end I was hugging him so tight. He said he had to leave. I told him I couldn't let go because I knew he would disappear if I did. I didn't let go but he disappeared and I woke up. I've been crying off and on all day. Was he telling me I won't see him anymore in my dreams? I haven't had that many of him and I treasure every one. I don't know. Maybe he has to go and rest now for a while. It's just very hard.
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #1518
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh no Angelrose, don't look at it that way. You are seeing too much into it...I think it's more your own subconscious thoughts that you won't see him again. Ron is a thought,,memory, feeling away. He lives on in all he was and will always be to you. A lifetime of memories can never go away..we can't see those that we loved and have left us but we will always sense them with us. He will not leave you...he may not come in dreams all the time, but he's there with you. It's tough when we can't be sure...

It is hard. It will be always, some times and days more than others.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #1519
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you minnie56. I guess you are right. He will always be in my heart. I just want him back here so I can hug him again. He should be here with me.

I'm sorry, it's just been a bad day.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #1520
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I know...and those bad days come along sometimes. I think sometimes being inside so much in the winter time with the days closing in so early doesn't help with feeling alone and a little melancholy. Summer seems to lift our spirits and make us feel a little lighter in our hearts. Spring isn't far away and then things will seem a little better, until then, we are here as you make it through and good and the bad times...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #1521
Angelrose

You don't know how much I rely on my friends here. I know I can come here and cry or laugh with my friends. You all understand and that helps me.

My mom's anniversary is tomorrow. It's been 33 years that she's been gone. I still miss her. We were never really close, but she so loved Chuck and was so proud of him. I know she would be so proud of him today and adore Jesse.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #1522
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Lots of shoulders here!! We all need them sometimes..I remember coming here when my Mum was in the hospital and just pouring out my broken heart. After she passed..I came here and grieved. There is always someone and often too many people out there that have walked the same walk and know our pain, exactly know our pain. Sharing somehow lightens the load..it can get pretty heavy to carry at times alone.

I am sorry your Mom has been gone so long...I am sure that is contributing to your heavy heart a little too. Mom still sees Chuck as he goes about his life and I am sure little Jesse too. I often feel they are never that far from us...hard to believe I know.

I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you....
Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #1523
Angelrose

We are expecting about a foot of snow between tomorrow and Friday. So I will have to do some shoveling and maybe that will keep my mind occupied. This has been a very hard winter for so many reasons.

Thank you for being my shoulder tonight.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #1524
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

We have snow coming also..tonite and tomorrow. It has been a hard winter...and yes, in more ways than one for you my sweet lady.

Anytime..I have 2 of them!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #1525
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Oh, Angelrose - I don't know what to say about your dream. I keep good thoughts for you - that you can get through these tough times.

What a rough time my Mom has had! We had to take her to the ER and she was admitted to the hosp on Sunday. She was so sick with diarrhea and abdominal pain. Her potassium level was "dangerously high" - whatever that means and however that happened. We still aren't sure what caused it & she's still in the hosp. She's feeling better, but we're not sure when she'll come home.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #1526
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh dear Minniecarousel...I wish your Mom better.
I wonder what made her levels go out of whack? Poor thing...sending some prayers for a speedy recovery for her and a little rest for you!!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #1527
Angelrose

minniecarousel, I'm sending prayers for your mom your way. Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon.

I am feeling better today. I know Ron will never leave me because he is in my heart. But the dream just hurt me so much.

Chuck called me this morning to ask if I had looked in my basement lately. UHOH! I have been checking, but forgot the last couple of days. His sump pump started last night and it has never gone on. So I looked and sure enough I do have water, but only about a half inch. Not nearly as bad as the 6 inches I had last time. I hope it doesn't get that bad again. Chuck will come over on Saturday to start pumping and bring in his box fan to dry it out afterwards. The good news is that we will only be getting 3 to 6 inches of snow instead of a foot. The storm went more north. North Jersey will be getting a foot or more. We lucked out. The whole day it's been above freezing so it was just mush. Right now we are just at freezing so whatever falls now will stick.

OK I am off to watch the Olympics.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #1528
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Yes--Ron will always be in your heart. Time cannot even take that..he is part of you forever.

Oh dear..water in the basement!! Glad it's not too bad though and that the worst of the snowfall won't hold you hostage again!!

Enjoy the Olympics..I usually don't watch but this time...too much I think!!!

It's snowing here...ick....

See you soon!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #1529
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Angelrose.. I am not here much on the DISboard (I used to everday!).. The title on your thread grabbed my attention. I was praying for your husband. Then a few pages up, I realized it was some months ago. Then I started to search for the updates to see how he is doing.. then I learned that he passed away. I am very sorry for your loss. I know it's very difficult to accept that he is gone. I know, I've been there. My husband passed away when he was 32 and was only married for 7 years. I'll pray to the Lord to keep giving you strength. May he embrace you when you're feeling lonely or feeling down. Your husband is not far from you.. he is there with you.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #1530
Angelrose

Oh Fantasia, I'm so sorry for your loss too. He was so young to have passed away.

You are right, I just can't accept that he is gone. I don't WANT to accept it. I don't know if I will ever be able to accept it. But at least he didn't suffer and linger. That would have been horrible.

Did you ever get passed the place where you would cry every time you thought of your DH? Or looked at his pictures? That's where I am now. It just hurts too much. Sometimes I feel like he is here with me, but most times he seems so far away.

You have beautiful children to help you through this. My son is grown up and married. They do take wonderful care of me and my grandson Jesse is the light of my life. But it is hard living without Ron.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: