Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Father's day NOT a celebration ... really ??

Okay, so I just got off the phone with my first ever rude CM. I told her I needed to make a couple Dining Changes and she literally sighed. I was taken a back... never had this happen. Anywho, I proceed to tell her that I need to remove a request for a Princess Surprise Cake from our ressie as we are going with a special order cake from the GF Bakery. She took it off and then asked .. What next? I then tell her that I am missing a confirmation number for a breakfast and I would like to recieve it again to be sure. I then decide I am done.. because I wouldn't want to put her out any further.... When she asks "Will you be celebrating anything else while your here ?" I say oh yeah I forgot June 21st is father's day ... anyway we could make a note That my DH is the best dad in the World... or have someone say Happy Father's Day at our Cape May Buffet dinner ? She says that is "not a celebration !"" REALLY ? I just said thanks and hung up the phone.
But now I am thinking .... Seriously... Father's Day... not a celebration... my DH is the best dad ever to our two kids and I am now going to call the bakery back and order another small cake ... just to make sure someone recognizes it ....
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
addicted_to_WDW
He's a teenaged skate rat. I'm a 39 year old woman.
If you hear The Imperial March when you see me.. run for cover!

She shouldn't have been rude to you, but I don't think that Father's Day is the type of event they should have to recognize. There will be 30k or so other dads in WDW when you are there. The servers will automatically say Happy Father's Day to the people who are obviously fathers.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
jimmiej
Quite unintentionally, I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Okay, so I just got off the phone with my first ever rude CM. I told her I needed to make a couple Dining Changes and she literally sighed. I was taken a back... never had this happen. Anywho, I proceed to tell her that I need to remove a request for a Princess Surprise Cake from our ressie as we are going with a special order cake from the GF Bakery. She took it off and then asked .. What next? I then tell her that I am missing a confirmation number for a breakfast and I would like to recieve it again to be sure. I then decide I am done.. because I wouldn't want to put her out any further.... When she asks "Will you be celebrating anything else while your here ?" I say oh yeah I forgot June 21st is father's day ... anyway we could make a note That my DH is the best dad in the World... or have someone say Happy Father's Day at our Cape May Buffet dinner ? She says that is "not a celebration !"" REALLY ? I just said thanks and hung up the phone.
But now I am thinking .... Seriously... Father's Day... not a celebration... my DH is the best dad ever to our two kids and I am now going to call the bakery back and order another small cake ... just to make sure someone recognizes it ....
Sounds like the CM is having a bad day! We'll be there on Father's Day & will be celebrating (whether they like it or not ) by eating at Boma, my fave WDW restaurant.

jimmiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

CM's are people too, chalk it up to a bad day...unfortunately you got them!! SO many others are so sweet and helpful.
Call back and plan away, not a celebration?? In this day and age when kids have a great dad it should be SCREAMED from the roof tops!

We have one of those too!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
brendaziz
DIS Veteran

Well just b/c they were on the rude side- I wouldn't count on the same experience when you're there.
I'm more than sure that at least someone will say "happy father's day" to your dh that day. Most servers and hotel cms are good about mentioning holidays and such when appropriate.

It's so weird how they label "celebrations". I think some CMs act like there's a list of like an approved 10 celebrations. And then others seem to be looking to make up imaginary ones just to try and make your trip special.
When we booked our trip they were fishing out of me if there was anything different or unique about this trip and all I could come up w/ was that it would be my newborn's first disney trip since he's not born yet.
She got all lit up and was like "OH, well THAT is a celebration! What will his name be?!" and now every email/info i get is all about how it's his first trip

Hopefully u encounter more people like that in your planning and especially there.
caribbean beach resort (1 x)
boardwalk (2 x-including a Disneymoon!)
boardwalk villas (1 x)
ak lodge (2 xs)
wilderness lodge (2 xs)
fw campgrounds (3 xs)
grand floridian (1 x)
pop century (3 xs)
FW cabins (1 x)

Me, DH, DS6, DS4, & DS1
brendaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

the females received carnations for mothers day,,,what will the males get for fathers day?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
jezaduck24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
the females received carnations for mothers day,,,what will the males get for fathers day?
The bill.

Off-Site 1974 Off-Site 1980 Disney Institute 1996 ASMu - 1997 AKL - 2001
jezaduck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
kingcrab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezaduck24 View Post
The bill.
hilarious, that made my day.

well played.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
Males don't get anything for Father's Day. Personally, I don't think females should get anything for Mother's Day either. I am a mother but not every female is or wants to be. No one should just assume a female wants to celebrate Mother's Day or a male wants to celebrate Father's Day.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:
The bill.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
Tink888
Wishing I Was At World Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted_to_WDW View Post
She shouldn't have been rude to you, but I don't think that Father's Day is the type of event they should have to recognize. There will be 30k or so other dads in WDW when you are there. The servers will automatically say Happy Father's Day to the people who are obviously fathers.
ITA
Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted_to_WDW View Post
Yeah you are right there will be a ton of dad's there and I get that. I guess it was just the way she said it ... and I will just take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sounds like the CM is having a bad day! We'll be there on Father's Day & will be celebrating (whether they like it or not ) by eating at Boma, my fave WDW restaurant.
Have fun Celebrating !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
Call back and plan away, not a celebration?? In this day and age when kids have a great dad it should be SCREAMED from the roof tops!

AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaziz View Post
Well just b/c they were on the rude side- I wouldn't count on the same experience when you're there.
I'm more than sure that at least someone will say "happy father's day" to your dh that day. Most servers and hotel cms are good about mentioning holidays and such when appropriate.

It's so weird how they label "celebrations". I think some CMs act like there's a list of like an approved 10 celebrations. And then others seem to be looking to make up imaginary ones just to try and make your trip special.
When we booked our trip they were fishing out of me if there was anything different or unique about this trip and all I could come up w/ was that it would be my newborn's first disney trip since he's not born yet.
She got all lit up and was like "OH, well THAT is a celebration! What will his name be?!" and now every email/info i get is all about how it's his first trip

Hopefully u encounter more people like that in your planning and especially there.
Oh... don't worry.. I know that everyone is normally WONDERFUL. And I will not let this even dampen it a bit for me. We just bought DVC at The Beach Club Villas... and NO one will be able to get the smile off my face on this trip.

You are right though... She should have said What will you celebrate ? :
Check One .... Birthday or Anniversary !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The bill.

Okay NOW I am laughing !! See I knew someone would help get rid of the frustration !!!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
disnywd
Mouseketeer

We have been in Disney World for Father's Day for the last three years.

No one in Disney World has ever acknowledged the fact that it was Father's Day. (we have three kids with us, every time) No one in the resort, the restaurants, the parks...nothing.

I buy a Father's Day card ahead of time, and pack it, and usually buy the gift somewhere in Disney World. On Father's Day, the kids and I still make a big deal of it, and celebrate.

8 days!
disnywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
klacey1
DIS Veteran

That is disgusting! Definitely not Disney-grade customer service! You ought to have stayed on the line to take the survey and report her rude behavior.
And about "not a celebration"-- their whole advertising campaign is based on you, the customer, going to Disney to celebrate WHATEVER is important to you!
I would call again and ask a different CM to note it as a celebration. I'm sure they would be HAPPY to do so.

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: