Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #61
Cinderella2006
Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006

You are eating in quite a few of the same restaurants we are in august so i cant wait to read your reviews!

Our Fairytale Wedding: Disney's Wedding Pavillion 1st November 2006

Cinderella2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 AM   #62
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Just caught up! Loved your last review, cannot wait for this one!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #63
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Sorry your TA screwed up your start. But it sounds like it all worked out well.

Great start to you reviews. I'm off to the store now to p/u ingredients to make myself and DD some Magic Bars. I swear I gain weight just reading these reviews.

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #64
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi Sonya,

I'm excited to read your food report. I love drooling at you pics. Just showed Jim the Magic Cookie Bar and can't believe we didn't make it over to try one out (guess that's one for next time).

I love your cruise photos. The two of you look amazing.

Can't wait to revisit the cruise.
Jane

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #65
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I love Dining Reviews!! Yummy!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of delicious food.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #66
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;32054023]That cookie bar looks amazing! I can't wait for more....QUOTE]

It is seriously good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
MMmmmmm Sonya!!! Everything looked LUSH!!!

I cannot wait for your EoS review!!!
Oh we went there 4 times in total! I have still never had a bad bite there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
We loved the POR food court! I loved the make your own pasta dishes too. It was my favorite
I can't tell you how much I could eat that right now! I think where ever we stay in future, I would definitely return for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan75 View Post
Definitely following this report...I can't wait!
Hi there!

[QUOTE=Twinkly-Tink;32054170]Can't wait to try the Magic Cookie Bar - can see this becoming a favourite!!QUOTE]

Prepare for the addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziewags View Post
I have that cookie bar recipe. I will hunt for it and try and post it.
Oh my goodness - thanks so much for posting! I brought home from Walmart some "Eagle Brand" make your own boxes of magic bars - I can make them in peace now I know I have a back up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeyshouse View Post
Cannot wait for the meat and potatoes of the report
Lots of meat coming! No veg!!

[QUOTE=Dreamer & Wisher;32055518]Can't wait for this report. Your reviews will help me decide where to make our ADR's for our fall trip.

So far so good. Your meal at Riverside looked delicious. Your pasta choices sounded yummy.

You looked beautiful in that dress! I love the flowers on it. DH looks rather dashing as well!

Looking forward to moreQUOTE]

Ah thank you!
Happy picking with your ADR's! Its so hard choosing - so many good places to pick from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
Thanks Sonya - sorry for hijacking your thread
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISDANCEMOM View Post
Oh...but Digestives just wouldn't do this receipe justice...they are lacking a certian flavour that the Graham Crackers have...maybe someone from this side of the pond will have to send some Graham Crackers to you.

Now that being said...hello all and thank you Sonya for your wonderful reports. I have been a Disney fan for years (even was a Cast Member with the Stores in Toronto for 6 years) but it wasn't until our last trip in Aug 08 that I discovered the Dis. My dh and I were doing a search while planning our ADRs and Sonya's food report came up. Needless to say we read every word of it and we are now hooked (on Dis and Sonya's reports!) I am looking forward to this years instalment. We are in the process of planning our Nov/Dec 09 trip so maybe we will get some ideas from your report!!!

Tracey
No digestives dont quite cut it!! We are seriously deprived over here! The one supermarket which did Reese's cups doesn't do them any more Thank goodness for the lovely people we cruised with - they filled my fish extender with them!!

Oh I can't believe you were a cast member - I would love that! Did you get discounts on vacations?

I hope you get some ideas! Where are your favourite places to eat currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
you dont have Graham Crackers! How do you make S'mores?
Prepare yourself - WE DON'T HAVE SMORES IN THE UK! I know, I know You can't imagine how confusing it is when they keep getting mentioned in films made in the USA - took us years to find out what they are!!!! I had my first smores last year in 50''s Prime Time and LOVED them ! And now I have the graham cracker recipe - thank you so much!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
PS Sonya - you do NOT have clown feet!!

I now want to make Magic Cookie Bars!!

and our Krispy Kream closed! those melt in your moth delicacies!! oh my!
Make some bars and post a picture!!!
Krispy Kremes are just the best donuts WORLD WIDE!! Our nearest one is 2 hours away, and we often make the journey!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo65 View Post
Alright then, I've made it here from just finishing your report from last year. No lapse for me even though I am a year behind.

Looking forward to enjoying your reviews as I very impatiently count down the last 19 days until we load the van and start the looooong road trip.

Your review of the Cheesecake Factory had me frantically searching for locations along the I75 since we are ADR'd completely for the 8 days we are there. No luck, though. There is one in Tampa, though...relatively near where we will be staying for the second leg of our trip.

I am also trying to figure out a way to fit EoS in but I really think I cannot do it as I was already squeezing for WPE. I already have a full ADR list for our next-not-yet-agreed-to-nor-scheduled-trip.

Ok...I'm settled in
Oh only 19 days until your trip - SO lucky!! EoS Is great, and we also tried WGP for the first time this year! I could just live at DTD!!!

I hope you get chance to try the Cheesecake Factory at Tampa. Thats the first Cheesecake Factory I ever laid my eyes on, on the way to Busch Gardens. Made the mistake of waiting until we got back to the UK to have a look at the menu online - amaetuer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Hi Sonya. As I posted on your other thread, I've really been looking forward to your reviews of this year's trip. I think you should be sponsored by Disney somehow. You are a Disboards celebrity!

We go to WDW in 1 week (staying at our DVC home, Beach Club Villas) and I will definitely be trying the Magic Cookie Bar.
I wish they would sponsor me! I would happily accept 2 free weeks stay a year!! . It would be a sacrifice, but one I am willing to make . . .

Hope you have a lovely stay - I would LOVE to stay at Beach Club. I think its gorgeous. There is another foodcourt which does the magic cookie bars as well - its either AK Lodge or Wilderness Lodge - so keep an eye out of you're that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Love your reviews! Cant wait for more
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl911 View Post
You look beautifuland your husband looks so handome in your formal pics!! I can't wait to read more, and I am sorry your trip had such a rough start!!
Ah thank you! I just thank goodness they didn't somehow cancel our flights as well! Once I was in the country I would have slept in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Gosh, I'm late to the party!

I remember you fondly from the other report, Sonya. You and your hubby eat like truck drivers, yet are impossibly thin compared to your food intake. My theory: You both have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

I hope you share with us the results of the travel agent faux pas that made the start of your trip shaky.

And the magic cookie bar....that's a Sonya report staple.
Hey there!! I weighed myself for the first time this morning . . . it could have been a truck driver standing on the scale!!! With his truck!!!!

I will pass on the results of the letter. They haven't even acknowledged it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGirlInWondrland View Post
I'm in!
Hello!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #67
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Sonya -

glad you found a Walmart with the Eagle Brand kit - they do great! (of course anything that has Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk is YUMMMY!)

No S'mores - well of course not if you dont have the graham crackers! My goodness! How can you have campfires without getting a burnt marshmellow stuck between a hard bar of chocolate, the graham cracker holds it all together!

so funny that you have Krispy Kreams but no graham crackers - they come in sugar coated and cinnamon, or honey flavors too!! What is Keebler thinking?
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #68
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Now this may seem like a dumb question but waht exactly are smores ( i know that they involve Graham crackers - whih we don;t have here in the Uk either!!!)

Am I missing out on something?

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Twinkly-Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #69
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
Now this may seem like a dumb question but waht exactly are smores ( i know that they involve Graham crackers - whih we don;t have here in the Uk either!!!)Am I missing out on something?
Oh mercy are you missing out!

Smores are like a delicious dessert sandwich! You need two graham crackers. In the middle you put a piece of chocolate bar (hershey's is what we always use) and then you put a roasted toasted marshmallow which melts the chocolate and makes it all ooey gooey and delicious. They are great when made over a campfire.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smores
NWOhioAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #70
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Yaaaaaaaay! You started! And I missed 5 pages already!!

That totally sucks about Virgin! I really hope they own up to their mistake!

I am with you with Magic Cookie Bars! You got me hooked on them last year, Mmm! I was gutted I'd have to wait another 2 years for one, but I'm going to get me one next month! We're planning on staying at Wilderness Lodge next Summer, so I was very excited to find that they do them too - we're going to head over next month to... ahem... take photos of the resort for our families

My EoS soulmate! Even if we have no other reason to head for WDW this year, EoS will bring us there! It will only be one visit, so I'm even fantasizing about ordering multiple sandwiches, trying to guess if they wrap up well so I can take them back to EoS-less I Drive

AND despite not having a car, now I want to take a taxi over to Walmart to get the Magic Cookie kits! I made some using the recipe too, subbing graham crackers for digestives - not the same They just went in the bin!

Looking forward to some more!!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #71
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

...love your reviews
Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #72
PHP's Hubby Tony G
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, I am the world-reknowned (!) other half of Pooh's-Honey-Pot! I thought I would join the DIS boards, and add to DW's food report as I see fit, as I was there
It was so nice to meet everyone on the Disney Magic, this is what I love about American people, they are all so friendly

Anyway, look out for me on future updates from Sonya aka PHP!
PHP's Hubby Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #73
dbenlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHP's Hubby Tony G View Post
Hi everyone, I am the world-reknowned (!) other half of Pooh's-Honey-Pot! I thought I would join the DIS boards, and add to DW's food report as I see fit, as I was there
It was so nice to meet everyone on the Disney Magic, this is what I love about American people, they are all so friendly

Anyway, look out for me on future updates from Sonya aka PHP!
Welcome to the DISboards!! Look forward to reading your perspective along with PHP's report!
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- [COLOR="Red"]June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean --- November 24, 2013 * Disney Magic 5 night Western Caribbean --- June 10-14, 2014 * Aulani
Looking forward to many more with DW (Texas Disney Fan) and DS14!!

DISDad member #2

dbenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #74
LaNina72
Mouseketeer

I want in too...

LaNina72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #75
Ms. Heimlich
I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!

I'm LATE!! I feel like the kid who's tardy to class!

I can't believe I missed PHP's start of her dining report!!!

Bring on the Meat & Potatoes! And the Magic Cookie Bars!

Oh, and btw... I am constanly amazed by your ability to eat the quantities of food you do and still maintain vertical stablilization! I would be asleep (food coma) or sick if I ate like that!

Can't wait for more!

Ms. H
Ms. Heimlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: