Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #136
SereneOne
DIS Veteran

I am onboard!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #137
deanie
Mouseketeer

Wow - those ribs looked delish!! My DD has worked at Tony Romas in our hometown but I have never even eaten there. I think I will have to make a point of going now!! I am looking forward to the rest of your reviews.
deanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #138
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Yeah, you are doing another report. I was a non-posting lurker last time, but decided to post this time.

Great start to your reports and I look forward to more.
Yey! Thanks for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald's Girlfriend View Post
Those Ribs look fantastic!!

Can't wait for the next installment
They were good! Next installment coming today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
I really enjoyed your reviews last year and so I'm super excited about the new ones.

I completely understand trying US Chain restaurants - you've think being from Canada, we'd get the whole lot of them but Nooooooo....

Those ribs look so good.
Sometimes you just need to try all the chain-places you see in films! We tried I-Hop in Vegas at Christmas and absolutely loved it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Loving it so far. Wow - What a mess at check in, especially after such a long flight.
I know!!! We are booking it all ourselves next year!
Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo65 View Post
Can't wait for your T-Rex review. We have that booked especially for DS8 in LESS than three weeks

And I'll cast my vote for Christmas...mostly because we were supposed to go this past Christmas for a Grand Gathering with my parents, brother and his wife, but since it was their year with her parents it didn't work out. I'd LOVE to see the castle at Christmas! Our next Christmas possibility would be 2010 too.
T-Rex coming right up tonight!!
I hope you get to go at Christmas - maybe we will be there at the same time!!!! I am dying to see the Castle decorated, but am a bit worried the weather will be chilly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoyster86 View Post
I totally agree with you on the boneless wings! Ugh! There is nothing worse than a glorified chicken nugget dunked in barbecue sauce and called a wing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymotto View Post
Ditto on the wings!

Can't wait for your T-Rex review. Its the first place on our upcoming trip to try.
Yeah! Lets start a wing revolution!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitadala View Post
No wings! That and the TA hotel issue - I'd have been freaking out by then (prolly before then)... although those ribs sure looked good! And maybe the Magic Cookie bar and Beignets helped too. I hope you got to get wings elsewhere during your trip sometime!
No wings and no hotel room - I dont know which was worse!!!!

We have a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings coming up . . . !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
The food has all looked wonderful so far! Looking forward to the next update
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
Woohoo great reveiw so far, I can't wait to read the rest!!!!
Coming soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
Note to self - DO NOT read Sonya's food report until AFTER dinner. Nothing in the house looks as good as the sandwiches and ribs do.

I wish there was an EoS around us. I LOVE their sandwiches. I've never been to Tony Roma's but will definately have to search one out and try the ribs. They look fantastic.

Can't wait to read more...
It was a good days food!!! I can't remember which part of California you are in, but they definitely have Tony Romas there! We went to the one outside Disneyland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Imposter wings!! Man that is one gigantic plate of ribs and potato!!

and our Starbucks here in our town will heat up anything - you do have to ask - and sometimes they over heat it!!

I"M HUNGRY!!
ME TO!!!
Oh no, should have asked to have the bun heated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_hen View Post
Hi Sonya and Tony!
It was so great meeting you on the cruise. It was always a joy seeing your smiling faces as we passed in the hallways

I'm enjoying your new foodie report. Headed back to WDW in 2 weeks, so I'm anxiously reading your reports to see what I should order at all of our ADR restaurants
Your last report was so great, we decided to get the DxDP this time.
Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Love your cruise photos - you two looked fantastic on formal night I hope you both enjoyed the cruise as much as we did - it was really a dream vacation!
Hello again! It was lovely meeting you as well!! We had a great cruise - I don't know if you have been back on the cruise thread but we have all decided to take over the 2012 Fantasy inagural saiing, so make sure you join us!!
I can't believe you are going back again in two weeks! Lucky girl!!! Wjhat ADR's do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
How big are those ribs???!!!!
HUGE!!!!!!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 AM   #139
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish I was in WDW View Post
Ha ha ha! To be honest, they practically had to drag me out of the back of Epcot while I clung on to The Rose and Crown with my fingernails! I was devastated! What could be better than going to the Magic Kingdom on your day off? Or popping to Ghiradelli's for a milkshake whenever you felt like? It was heaven! They even threw us a party in Animal Kingdom after hours... NEVER go on the Dinosaur ride when you've had a few cocktails! And, even though I saw what it looks like "out the back" of all the parks, the magic never wore off!

My current dream line up of ADRs are:

Chef Mickey's breakfast
Le Cellier
Hollywood and Vine
Planet Hollywood
Ohana
Chefs de France
Prime Time Cafe
Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickey's dinner (me and my friend like the cheesy mash!)
Tutto Italia
Teppan Edo
Boma
Sci Fi
Cape May Cafe breakfast

Finger's crossed for June 23rd when I can make my ADRs!!!
Ohhhhhhhh I can just imagine popping to Ghiredellis whenever I feel like it! That is the life for me!!!! That sounds like it was the best time ever! I am so jealous!

You have got some great ADR's lined up! I hope you get them all, and that you do a food report!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girl1boy View Post
Never stayed at POFQ but I am sure you cannot go wrong with a Disney property. My vote for your next trip is Xmas at disney - don't get me wrong it is BUSY but they lights and the decorations made it so worth while. That was our trip instead of coming home to England.

Loving the reviews I didn't have EOS on my list but reading your reviews I think I might just have to make it one.

We have the following for our August trip

Raglan Rd
TRex
Tuskers Bfast
Ohana
CP Dinner
Park 1900 Bfast
CM
Fulton's
LeCellier Dinner
Oh so you have been there for Christmas? What was the weather like?
What part of the Uk are you from?
You have some great ADR's!! We LOVE Raglan Road and always go there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
great few days reports, cant wait to hear and see more
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Sure you ordered the full rack of ribs, but did you finish them??
I believe I left some of the broccoli!!! None of the good stuff though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynk View Post
Your vacation sounds like my dream. Thank you for your food reviews- awesome job!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
Love it! Those ribs look absolutely delicious!! And the onion loaf! I've been eyeing up Tony Roma's menu - do you go to the one on I Drive?

I hate to admit it to the Queen of Wings herself, but... I am a fake winger *hides* I like the ones without bones in, but I suppose they are just glorified chicken nuggets! The ones at BWW are TDF!
Oh Hayley . . . I need to find a smilie which is shaking its head in horror . . . Thats the best I can do! Chicken Nugget Lover!

Tony Romas - yes, its the one on I-Drive (8560 I-Drive, according to the itinery cards I keep on my desk-top!!). And that onion loaf . . . that was only a half-sized one! You must go try it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post

I look forward to reading more!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Your pictures are making my mouth water! I too love the ribs at Tony Roma's. We ate at the one on I-Drive in 2006 and boy was it delicious! I can't wait to read more. It's getting me very excited for my trip in 3 weeks.
It is still just as good - are you trying it again this year?
Only 3 weeks! Yey! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznyacct View Post
Hey Sonya ~ Lovin' your report so far . I promised myself to go to bed early last night (Jake had ~ 20 friends over Friday night and we had a cookout for ~ 20 people Sunday evening, so I was pooped ). As I was about to turn in, I realized I hadn't read your report so far . So what does a "responsible grown-up" do...........that's right, I plugged in my laptop and read your report in bed . I would vote on WDW at Christmas. It is my FAVORITE time to vist with all the decorations and nice weather. The crowds are insane between Christmas and New Years, but worth it in my opinion for the ambiance ~ Kathy

P.S.
We LOVE your accent as well . When Jake was little and we went to WDW, he would always listen for English accents and listen to the people speak with a smile on his face .
Hi Kathy!!! I'm glad you priorised my food report over your well being!!!

So the weather in Florida is Ok at Christmas then?? I didn't realise you had done it before - i would have bombarded you with questions on the Magic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellylynn3 View Post
im in
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikat420 View Post
More, please!
I'm on it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I'm so excited I found your review. Those magic bars from Riverside are one of my favorites too and they travel home really well.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
Oh I didn't think to bring any of them home! They really are the best thing though! They sway me towards staying at Port Orleans again instead of trying somewhere new!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfinn View Post
Okay my pretty little DIS celebrity -- I am a little late to the party but I am here! Wouldn't miss it for the world! I loved the last one, loved meeting you two on the Magic and can't wait to see you both again. Umm.....this time I promise not to bombard you and your friends with stories of tequila.

I still don't understand how you can eat so much and stay so little.

As for Tony Roma's -- the Carolina Honey's are my favorite. Do you guys want us to bring you some sauce when we come to the UK in December? I will definitely bring you graham crackers and Reese's!!!!

Can't wait to read the rest....count me in!
Hey Mati!! It was great meeting you as well! Can't wait to see you in London and then in 2012!!!! (we like to plan ahead!).

I would LOVE some sauce! Caroline Honeys and Smokey Ridge Blues are the best! I think we had Caroline Honey on the (fake) wings actually!

Well get this - my friend from the Uk who we met in Epcot (who commented on this report earlier) came back from two weeks in Disney FIVE pounds lighter!!!!!!!! I don't know how she did it!!!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Old 06-03-2009, 05:24 AM   #140
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneOne View Post
I am onboard!
Hello!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanie View Post
Wow - those ribs looked delish!! My DD has worked at Tony Romas in our hometown but I have never even eaten there. I think I will have to make a point of going now!! I am looking forward to the rest of your reviews.
Oh yes you must go try them!! So good!

Right, now going to get on with writing the next days report!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #141
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Your report is excellent. I'm really enjoying it! If my DD saw those ribs, she'd be begging for a trip to Tony Roma's. (BTW, she's only 4 but she loves herself some ribs!)

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for taking the time to post.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #142
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

And the best thing about it is, I don't even like chicken nuggets!

Looking forward to the next!!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #143
Cinderella2006
Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Oh lovely, which places are you going to
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace 8.25am

Lunch @ Sci Fi dine in 12.20pm

Dinner @ Ragland Road 5.30pm

Lunch @ Le cellier 12pm

Hoop de doo revue 5pm

Breakfast @ Tusker house at 8.25am

Breakfast @ Chef Mickeys 9.30am

Mama Melrose Fantasmic package @ 4.05pm

Dinner @ Boma 6.20pm

Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse 6.05pm

Dinner @ Kona cafe 5.20pm

Dinner @ Crystal Palace 6.20pm

Cant wait they are all new restaurants for us. Now i can show the boys what they can look forward to eating

Our Fairytale Wedding: Disney's Wedding Pavillion 1st November 2006

Cinderella2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #144
Cinderella2006
Fairy Tale Wedding 1st November 2006

Quote:
Never stayed at POFQ but I am sure you cannot go wrong with a Disney property. My vote for your next trip is Xmas at disney - don't get me wrong it is BUSY but they lights and the decorations made it so worth while. That was our trip instead of coming home to England.

Loving the reviews I didn't have EOS on my list but reading your reviews I think I might just have to make it one.

We have the following for our August trip

Raglan Rd
TRex
Tuskers Bfast
Ohana
CP Dinner
Park 1900 Bfast
CM
Fulton's
LeCellier Dinner

Our ticker is the same! Like the line up, we are also eating at Ragland Road, Tusker House, CP, CM and LeCellier

Our Fairytale Wedding: Disney's Wedding Pavillion 1st November 2006

Cinderella2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #145
1girl1boy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella2006 View Post
Our ticker is the same! Like the line up, we are also eating at Ragland Road, Tusker House, CP, CM and LeCellier
That is cool maybe we will see each other. I see a lot of fellow Brits on this thread so nice to see.

what property are you staying at? We are at POFQ driving down from NC

May 97 - Off Site
Feb 98 - Coronado
Sept 06 - All Stars Movie (Kids 1st trip)
Xmas 08 - CBR (Kids Christmas Trip)
Aug 09 - POFQ (DS 4th Birthday Trip)
1girl1boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #146
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella2006 View Post
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace 8.25am

Lunch @ Sci Fi dine in 12.20pm

Dinner @ Ragland Road 5.30pm

Lunch @ Le cellier 12pm

Hoop de doo revue 5pm

Breakfast @ Tusker house at 8.25am

Breakfast @ Chef Mickeys 9.30am

Mama Melrose Fantasmic package @ 4.05pm

Dinner @ Boma 6.20pm

Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse 6.05pm

Dinner @ Kona cafe 5.20pm

Dinner @ Crystal Palace 6.20pm

Cant wait they are all new restaurants for us. Now i can show the boys what they can look forward to eating
Great choices!!

Hope you do a report!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #147
1girl1boy
Mouseketeer

Orginally for South East, Essex.

Xmas is awesome at Disney. The weather I would say similar to UK Summer in the 70's quite chilly (for me) in the morning I wear a light sweater jacket but by 9.30am or so I was in just shorts and t-shirts no need for jacket in evening.

We were tired of coming back to England and just running around visit family and friends so decided to take a vacation (I hate being at home with no family around at Xmas and disney took our minds off that)

thanks for confirming the ADR's I had to call the 1st day free dining and I was one of the lucky ones in not having issues with the lines. I added Raglan last minute as i need that bit of home - fish and chips here i come

May 97 - Off Site
Feb 98 - Coronado
Sept 06 - All Stars Movie (Kids 1st trip)
Xmas 08 - CBR (Kids Christmas Trip)
Aug 09 - POFQ (DS 4th Birthday Trip)
1girl1boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #148
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Orginally for South East, Essex.

Xmas is awesome at Disney. The weather I would say similar to UK Summer in the 70's quite chilly (for me) in the morning I wear a light sweater jacket but by 9.30am or so I was in just shorts and t-shirts no need for jacket in evening.

We were tired of coming back to England and just running around visit family and friends so decided to take a vacation (I hate being at home with no family around at Xmas and disney took our minds off that)

thanks for confirming the ADR's I had to call the 1st day free dining and I was one of the lucky ones in not having issues with the lines. I added Raglan last minute as i need that bit of home - fish and chips here i come
You are so lucky living out in the States!! I would looooooove to!!!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #149
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
It is still just as good - are you trying it again this year?
Only 3 weeks! Yey! Have a great trip!
Unfortunately, no. Not on this trip. We're only there for 5 days and 4 nights, so we'll be on property the whole time.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #150
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Signing on for this dining report!

We are going in September I have some of the same places picked out as you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: