Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
brendaziz
DIS Veteran

Traveling alone with my 3 boys- and I even had time to eat a few bites myself!

Hey everyone!!!!
So, I returned a few weeks ago from an impromptu trip w/ my 3 boys- ages 6,4 & 1. It was probably one of my favorite trips I've ever been on! I love my husband dearly but he does NOT love Disney So I asked him if we could take a last minute trip without him and I think his exact words were, "Are you crazy?!"
Well, I just might be a little crazy but I had a LOT of fun. My mom ended up babysitting my 1 year old for the first couple days which def made it a LOT easier.

Unfortunately not many pics of the food. Didn't have time for pictures! Just focused on everyone actually getting food in their bellies
We did the quick service plan for the first time and it worked GREAT for us this trip. I didn't wanna sit down a lot without any help, they LOVED having their own mugs, and i had SO many snacks to bring to the airport for our lunch!

I'm gonna start with Day 1 and then post the other days as I have time to fill in the details. It was a short 4night glorious trip!

Day 1:
We arrived to Caribbean beach resort in the evening. Fantasmic was at 9PM so after we got settled in our room we hopped on a bus to Hollywood Studios. We had enough time to eat and then ride Tower of Tower. Then I thought- "Hmm. Eat, THEN ride ToT?? No. We'll do ToT first"
So we did. We literally walked right on. Not even a 1 minute wait time. Then we walked to the "strip" with all the quick service options right there on the street near Fantasmic. I honestly had no desire to eat at any of these places, but it was food and that's all that mattered at this point!
The kids picked pizza so we ate at Catalina Eddie's.
I had the hot italian deli sandwich and I thought it was really yummy. Not big enough for me at the moment, but I enjoyed it. The dressing and pesto flavor was yummy.
Both my kids had the cheese pizza. Neither of them liked it.
First of all- I hadn't realized that in the past I've always ordered them adult cheese pizzas. Will ALWAYS do that from now on. The kids ones are tiny and they are only big enough to cut in half and it's really awkward for kids to eat a slice of pizza that way. It seemed like over half of the pizza was crust. There was also a lot of sauce on it. I think maybe they put the amount of sauce needed for the adult size. Basically my kids ate chips and the fruit and carrots and stuff for dinner which was fine by me! Ha. I told myself from the beginning that I was gonna have to be pretty laid back nutritionally. If I made it thru the week w/ them fed and healthy and safe, I was happy If they ate something good, I allowed something junky.
We didn't eat anything else as we went straight to Fantasmic. It was aMAZing and the kids slept like babies. I'll talk about breakfast next post. We went to the Poly and I tried something I'd been wanting to try for YEARS!!!!!
caribbean beach resort (1 x)
boardwalk (2 x-including a Disneymoon!)
boardwalk villas (1 x)
ak lodge (2 xs)
wilderness lodge (2 xs)
fw campgrounds (3 xs)
grand floridian (1 x)
pop century (3 xs)
FW cabins (1 x)

Me, DH, DS6, DS4, & DS1
brendaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Great start!

I always said I want to take my 2 nieces to Disney w/o my husband and he thinks I cannot handle things by myself.....I may have to teach him a lesson one of these days
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I am going without my hubby in November, as I don't want to burn him out. I am bringing along his Mom for a couple of the days then the rest will be all solo! Can't wait
Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Off to a good start! Can't wait to read more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: