Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #16
Jinxy
Earning My Ears

2/14/09 Valentine's Day @Epcot

Or how I almost ruined our 1st married VDay

The next morning came a little too quickly, I think everyone was just as tired as I was. Apparently the 5 of us had been running on a huge rush at the MK the day before and hadn't taken any time to get any rest. This made tempers a little short as you'll see.

The morning started sluggish with getting up and getting ready. Ramona and the girls headed to Epcot and DH and I headed over to walk the puppy then take the monorail over to Epcot. This was the highlight of our day, we got to ride up front and the driver was a lovely man who spoke so sweetly of his wife that it made me smile for that lucky woman.

I had never taken the monorail into Epcot and thought that it was a lovely way to start the day and have done it since. We rode Spaceship Earth and then headed over to The Seas w/ Nemo and friends. The ride itself was a nice change from what I remembered previously and the entire place was very entertaining. After we'd had our fill of fish we headed over to ride Mission Space. Now Ramona's girls had ridden it twice, while we were taking care of Maxie the wonder puppy. There was no way Ramona was going on it, so it was up to me and Mac to represent for the "old folks"

I loved it, went back on it with both Peanut and Tree and then waiting at the local smoking area while they did it again.

I needed food right about this time, and started getting the lovely indications of having a low blood sugar attack. So I let everyone know I needed food and I was heading to get some. The hemming and hawing began,..so I just kept walking. I headed into Electric Umbrella and was just massively overwhelmed by the amount of people. My husband asked me what I wanted and I couldn't even answer other then food. All I know is that there were too many people and so basically I had second thoughts and turned around and walked out. Leaving everyone wondering when the pod people had taken me over.

I somehow ended up with a pretzel and a water and started to feel better, well until I realized that I had just yelled at my DH on VDay/our honeymoon, and embarrassed the living heck out of myself. So I said I was sorry til I was blue in the face and almost at the point of tears, and Mac and I talked a bit and figured that to save our day a nap was in order.
So back to the hotel we went and slept,....for 5 hours solid. through a wake up call, and the alarm on my phone. So apparently we really needed the sleep. After our nap and a quick dip in the pool, we went to the food court for some dinner and then hung out with drinks for the evening. Overall it wasn't the day I'd planned for but with the exception of my looking like a total witch for about 10 minutes it was a good day.

Next up,....It's Hollywood time

Jinxy

You took how many people on your honeymoon? The massive multipurpose trip TR

Coming soon 4 days, 2 flat tires, too much food and MNSSHP
Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
Jinxy
Earning My Ears

How Hollywood Studios saved my Marriage

The morning after my "snapped" day I woke up really quite embarrassed and feeling like I had to "make it up" to everyone for being so witchy. The plan for the day was to got to Hollywood Studios and ride things that make you scream.
Ramona and the girls headed over on the bus and Mac and I drove over to walk the dog. Spent about a half hour just messing around in the grass with the dog and felt much better about everything.

As we drove toward HS I actually got really excited upon seeing,..well I'll show you,...

This is my favorite ride in HS and I love it. Ramona is more of a Rockin' Rollercoast kinda gal and she and the girls had been riding it til we got there and we all went on ToT together for the first time.
Mac isn't a thrill ride kinda guy but he liked ToT enough to basically go on it with me whenever I wanted, but I couldn't get him on RR to save my life. He was willing to sit and watch bags and surf the net on his phone. So as long as he was happy we spent about a good hour going back and forth, using the standby lines and never really waiting more then about 10 minutes.

At one point in time, Tree pulled a Dug and spoted a squirrel and well sometimes the child just isn't right

After we'd gotten our "thrill" out of our system Ramona set the girls free to play on their own for about 2 hours and the 3 "grown-ups" went to see my other favorite in HS,....MUPPETS!!!!

Oops,..when I started this I thought I had enough time, but the timer is going off and dinner needs to be pulled out of the oven, I'll try and get back on after dinner to finish. I've got 28 days until our next trip and and TR to finish and then another one to start and finish.

Jinxy

You took how many people on your honeymoon? The massive multipurpose trip TR

Coming soon 4 days, 2 flat tires, too much food and MNSSHP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: