Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Wink I'm not a Duck! Walt Disney World 2009 TRP (UPDATED 1.26) :)

I've never done a TR before. But I had all my details in my journal written down and was like, I want to share this!

We were there from May 16-May 24. This trip was originally scheduled on June 1-June 8, 2008. But, as the story progreses, I'll explain why that trip was canceled. It was to celebrate my high school graduation But did not happen.

So, First I'll introduce the cast of this lovely yet wet trip.

Myself: I was the oldest child on this trip, and it was scheduled around my finals and my brother's High School assessment week which was when they could miss a week of school.I'm a massive disney freak and I <3 all things Disney. I love, love, love Donald Duck! I'm 19 =]
This is me at home on the pier in my town

My mom: She's 55 (well, was 54 when we took this trip) and she's a special education teacher. She had to take 5 days off work for this trip, that was fun. She is as big of a Disney freak as I am, Her favorite character is Eeyore.
This is my mom (Betsy) at Cape May Cafe. It was 7:30 in the morning, my mom was hardly awake =]

My step-dad (I call him my dad): He is 65 (well was 64 when we took this trip). He is a methodist minister, he missed two sundays in the pulpit for this trip. He's the best, he's not as big of a Disney Freak. He had foot surgery in March, and we pushed him in around wheelchair. haha.
This is my dad at Cape May Cafe

We had two exchange students : Eik and Fabio.

Eik: He's from Denmark and was 17. He loves High School Musical like me =]
This is Eik at Cape May Cafe =]

Fabio: He's from Germany and was 17 as well. He is a huge sports fan and loves American History.
This is Fabio =]

Last edited by cmp1111; 02-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
mebbradley

Links :)

I'll reserve this space for links!
So to hold the space, I'll put a photo from last weekend. I went to see Wicked the Musical at the Kimmel Theater in Philly and it was AMAZING!

In November I went to NYC with my college and took this photo outside of the Wicked Theater. Little did I know.... I would get to see it in a little more than 2 months! <3
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing! Great start can't wait to hear more. Where did you all stay?
Barbara
Old 01-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
mebbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I'm subbing! Great start can't wait to hear more. Where did you all stay?
Barbara

We stayed off-site, my family has timeshares
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
mebbradley

The Journey into MCO!

Well, As I may have mentioned, This trip was scheduled to happen in June of 2008 to celebrate my High school graduation. Well, unfortunately I ended up being in the hospital for 2 days in May, and was not cleared to fly.

I had my appendix out on May 21st . And my high school graduation was on May 28th, 2008. But my family did not want to go then because I was not healthy to enjoy the parks.

So, we had had all of our ADR's made and everything, and then my appendix decided to burst. haha

My mom had not decided that we were going to go back until January, and then at Christmas my mom and dad surprised me with a new pair of ears and the news that we were going to Disney! Our trip had been rescheduled! I was soooo excited! haha

So on May 15, 2009: my mom and my brothers went to school and work; my dad and me were scheduled to pick them up around 3 as we were flying out of Philly at 7:50pm. My dad and I got up at completely different times, me at like 7 am. I went for one last hard run (I'm a runner, I run alot and I planned not to run that much at Disney), got ready for the day, Finished packing, and then played games and read about Disney. Us teenagers were not allowed to take our laptops so that was my last internet for over a week

Around 2, we left our house, picked up my brothers/mom and drove to Wilmington to pick up my step-sister who was driving my family to the airport. She would drive us to the airport and then take our car home. When we arrived at Philly, we checked our luggage then went thru security! I was so excited at this point, I was bouncing.

Here is a picture of the plane waiting. We waited forever to load the plane, then once on...... We could not fly! There was engine trouble.
So we got off the plane. Walked to a different concourse of the airport. Waited some more. I was ready to get to Disney already! We finally take off at 10:25

I was soooooo happy to get to Orlando, even if it was 12:40. ughhhh. We waited forever for the rental car and then finnally got to our hotel (our reservation at our time-share started tmrw). We went to sleep about 4 am. And were back up at 9 haha. Then we went to crackell barrel, then off to the timeshare to check in, and get settled!

So I'll end this post with the photo of the airport. I was so tired at that point I did not want to take any photos that late at night.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
mebbradley

Magic Happenings with no towel creatures :)

When I last left you, my family and I had arrived at our timeshare. Now, as an important side note: This is the same timeshare complex that my family stayed at in 1998 when my ENTIRE family came for Christmas (which was a surprise trip for me). My mom, step-dad and I traipsed into the main building followed by Eik and Fabio. Now, while the parents check in; the children were enjoying taking funny pictures in the lobby. I shall not post any of these since I personally don’t have them and they are embarrassing.

After they checked in (and got suckered into going to a presentation about buying timeshares so that my brothers and dad could go to SeaWorld for free after we left and came home), We all piled back into the car and drove around towards our unit. My step-dad was driving, and as Mom gave directions on how to get to our unit; Something to do with Disney magic was happening……

Megan: “ Mom, this looks oddly farmiliar.”
Mom: “Did we stay in this set of building when we were here in ‘98?”
Megan: “ummm…I think so.”
Mom: “Oh my lord. We stayed in this exact set of buildings in ‘98”.
===After getting out of the car and each grabbing our own suitcase==
Megan: “What building number are we in?”
Mom : “5311, the mantatee building.”
Megan: “Mom, We’re in the same exact building! And I think we are in the same room!”
Mom: “Oh my goodness. Wow. How did this happen?”

We were in exactly the same building and exactly the same room!

Anywho. We unpacked, and headed to the pool! We relaxed, watched some tv, and planned our first day at the Magic Kingdom!

Some Photos from around the timeshare:

Last edited by mebbradley; 01-26-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Would love to hear more!

Kathy
Old 02-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
mebbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post

Would love to hear more!

Kathy

A new update is coming up
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Fun story so far! I fixed one of your photo links in the first post, hope you don't mind.

We actually got put in the same room at AKL two years in a row - it's weird, isn't it?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
mebbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Fun story so far! I fixed one of your photo links in the first post, hope you don't mind.

We actually got put in the same room at AKL two years in a row - it's weird, isn't it?
I don't mind at all! Thank you so much!

It was weird but cool
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Great start to the story! Gotta love those time share presentations! Looking forward to more!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: