Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Should i bother to bring pants, jeans, or a sweater?

For late Sept/Early October?

I am a notorious over packer and i want to try and cut back this time around. Also, since it's hot/sticky should we bring extra outfits per day to change into?

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
srwarden1928
DIS Veteran

I cant imagine wanting the jeans or the sweater that time of year in Orlando. I might take one pair of pants--actually I probably would take a pair and never wear them.

Feb 1972, Feb 1974, Feb 1976, Feb 1978, Mar 1985 (EP only), Mar 1990 (EP only), Mar 2008, Oct 2008 (MNSSHP only)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2jxzqyyfdfk89.png[/img]
srwarden1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
tarheeltink
Mouseketeer

Ordinarily I would say no, but last year when we went I wound up wearing the same pair of jeans and capri pants just about every night. Luckily it was warm enough during the day that I could wear the shorts I had packed, but it got chilly at night. I also had bought a hoodie sweatshirt as a souvenir and wound up wearing it a couple of times too. Needless to say, I will be packing long pants and a light sweater/jacket from now on.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
suz_cute
DIS Veteran

Late Sept and early Oct are normally notorious for hot and sticky weather, even at night. Now, that doesn't mean you won't encounter a day or two of unseasonably cool weather in the evening, but I certainly wouldn't bother packing jeans or a sweater. I think you would be plenty safe packing a light jacket or sweatshirt. I WISH we would've had a chance to wear something like that on our trip last year. It was sweaty hot from morning through midnight. We lived in tank tops and shorts. Hope you have a wonderful trip, regardless of weather!!
suz_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
islandchick779
RN

I would bring 1 pair of jeans or pants and one sweatshirt just in case. Otherwise, you might end up having to buy something if a cold front moves through.

Although the weather is generally warm and muggy, I can tell you the weather in the Southeast has been bizarre so far this year and you never know.

I live in SC and we had weather in the 40's this month when a cold front came through which is completely unheard of for May! Our normal highs for May are 80's and we're usually only a couple degrees off from Orlando.

2005-2009, Disney JUNKIES
March 2010 RPR-the dark side begins
June 2011-HRH
March 2012 HRH
June 2013 HRH
April 2014 RPR spring break
June 2014 CBR and PBR
Annual Passholders once again!
islandchick779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

Id be prepared because the weather varies in Orlando year to year. If your not so sure about bringing both jeans and a sweatshirt, Id just bring the jeans and buy a sweatshirt if you get cold
saratogadreamin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

How about, wearing pants (khakis, or cotton pants, just full length) and a long sleeve top (whether sweater-like or not) as your travelling clothes?

That way, even if you don't need to wear them down there, you'll wear them 2x.

My trip last sept (last 2 weeks of month), I only wore my long sleeve 1 other time, and that was in the hotel the last week when others in my party had the air conditioner too cold.

Bring on the sun!
2 days ago my tulips were covered with snow!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
CanadianImagineer
Mouseketeer

Bring a sweater!

We were down there this May (the week of rain) and I just so happened to wear a light sweater on the plane. Thank goodness!!! I ended up wearing that sweater for at least half the trip. I never would have guessed that would be the case, but you never know! Just bring one, and if you need it, you need it
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
wildeoscar
DIS Veteran

jeans yes, sweater no... there is a link to hysterical weather information in my sig. and canadians deal with the cold better than americans
wildeoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

No...Maybe a light windbreaker or something.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

yes to both, especially if you go back to the hotel and shower. Sometimes it's cooler in the evening.
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
duketennisgal
DIS Veteran

I would at least bring one sweater/sweatshirt. I decided to cut down on my packing for last weeks trip and cut out the sweatshirt because I've never used it. Well of course it rained all week and several times it was a cold rain so I was cold and wet. I gave in and bought a $53 sweatshirt.
duketennisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Honestly, yes. Bring jeans, pants, a sweatshirt and a poncho.

Here in FL we're known for having weird weather. It can be chilly in October!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

I agree with being prepared for cooler weather. We have been to WDW many times in mid-April and always enjoyed lovely warm weather until April 2008 when we experienced near record-breaking cold, windy weather. At night the temps were in the lower 40s and during the day it never reached 70. Fortunately, I had one pair of long pants that I wore for four days. I had to layer the fleece jackets that I brought (I prefer them to sweat shirts).
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Being from New England, I wear jeans and a lightweight jacket on the plane. This way, they never need to be packed at all- just put them on again for the trip home.
Last time we went in late August/early Sept. we all packed two shirts per day. I packed one tank and one t-shirt per day and changed every afternoon when we went back to the resort for some down time. I used each & every one of my tops, it was that hot and humid, and like someone said above, it did not cool down until the wee hours of the morning.
This year we're going in mid-September so I'll probably wear my travelling jeans and take a pair of capris along with my tanks & shorts.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: