Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
babyaurora
Earning My Ears

This one of the BEST trip reports!!!
babyaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
Evette
Mouseketeer

Location: Elgin, IL (formerly Anaheim, CA Home Of Disneyland)

Hi
Thank you for posting on the September 12th thread! I'm really enjoying your report and look forward to finishing it soon. I love all the pictures!! My family and I are so excited to be going on our first cruise and I appreciate all the information you gave. Can't wait to finish reading and looking at the rest of your pictures.

October 2014 - Aulani, July 2014 - VGC @ DLR, September 2012 - BLT, March 2012 - VGC @ DLR, June 2011 - Wonder To Alaska, November 2010 - BLT, September 2009 -Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean, September 2009 - SSR (1st time "home"), January 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, January 1998 - Off Site (Give Kids The World), Disneyland - Too many times to count (lived in Anaheim)
Evette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
Lanie
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying reading your trip report, and I am making little notes in my Passporter for our upcoming (but still so far away!) Disney cruise.
First Trip May 2004:All Stars Movies - Engagement Trip September 2005:Best Western Movieland & All Stars Movies - First F&W as well as MNSSHP September 2006:Port Orleans French Quarters - Honeymoon October 2007:Sandals Royal Bahamian & Animal Kingdom Lodge - DVC Buying Trip August 2008:POP Century - Our first cruise and MVMCP December 2009:Caraibbean Beach and the Magic - Liam's First WDW Trip December 2011:Poly and Kidani Village - Liam's First Cruise April 2012: Western Caribbean on the Fantasy - Blaire's First WDW Trip October 2012:All Stars Movies - Lexie's First WDW Trip March 2014:Bay Lake Towers

Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #19
mickeysmyhero
Earning My Ears

Great Trip report! Enjoyed reading!
mickeysmyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
ilovecraigandcooper
Mouseketeer

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED THE TRIP REPORT! the more details the better in my opinion! thank you so much, it was great reading material!

p.s. i clicked on your blog and read some of your other entries and because i heart all animals i have to ask, was colby okay?! you wrote earlier in may about having to take him to the vet...let us know!
mom to cooper,
child of God
ilovecraigandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
ilovecraigandcooper
Mouseketeer

OT: i just read that you do the grocery game, is that not the most awesome thing ever!!! i tell my husband all the time, i clip coupons so we can cruise more!
mom to cooper,
child of God
Old 05-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.

Great report! I absolutely LOVE your blue diamond ring!!! I want a blue diamond ring. We are going on the 4-day cruise in 10 days, maybe I will find one in Nassau.
Aquagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
aznaphrodite
Forever a Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecraigandcooper View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED THE TRIP REPORT! the more details the better in my opinion! thank you so much, it was great reading material!

p.s. i clicked on your blog and read some of your other entries and because i heart all animals i have to ask, was colby okay?! you wrote earlier in may about having to take him to the vet...let us know!

OT: i just read that you do the grocery game, is that not the most awesome thing ever!!! i tell my husband all the time, i clip coupons so we can cruise more!
Yes! I love Grocery Game! There's a ton of us in my town that do it though so things are often sold out!! But the money we save is SO worth it!

Thanks for asking about Colby! I sent you a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl View Post
Great report! I absolutely LOVE your blue diamond ring!!! I want a blue diamond ring. We are going on the 4-day cruise in 10 days, maybe I will find one in Nassau.
Thanks! I hope you find something nice in Nassau! There are so great stores over there. I bought a gorgeous Dooney & Bourke suitecase at a great discount with no tax during our 4-night cruise in 2006.
aznaphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #24
skoi
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. But I might have missed something- why the Sailor Venus house? I did read the whole thing I swear, but didn't get that. Our oldest daughter (soon to be 15) is a huge Sailor Moon fan- she's trying to get an on-line role play off the ground as we speak, and if there's some back story to go with the Sailor Venus house (other than the colors)- we'd be interested in hearing it.

Julie
skoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #25
aznaphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Great trip report. But I might have missed something- why the Sailor Venus house? I did read the whole thing I swear, but didn't get that. Our oldest daughter (soon to be 15) is a huge Sailor Moon fan- she's trying to get an on-line role play off the ground as we speak, and if there's some back story to go with the Sailor Venus house (other than the colors)- we'd be interested in hearing it.

Julie
Hi, Julie!! Glad you enjoyed the report!!

That's so funny you picked up on the Sailor Venus house caption and yay for your daughter being a fan of Sailor Moon! I'm a huge fan also and own a Sailor Moon web site, MoonPrincess.com.

I also cosplay (or costume play), which is dressing up as characters, and I used to play Sailor Venus in a professional costume group. We were hired to perform and make appearances at conventions and Japanese cultural events in Los Angeles. Here's a photo of me as Sailor Venus:

I called that house in Tortola the "Sailor Venus house" because it was in Sailor Venus' colors and I posed in Sailor Venus' signature pose!

This is the pose I was doing in front of the house:

Anyway, you can see more of my costume on my web site, if you're interested:

http://www.ladyrebecca.com/index.php...splay_costumes

I'm actually going to an anime convention this weekend, though I won't be wearing Venus because I need to replace the shoes!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #26
skoi
DIS Veteran

So cool. My daughter would be so impressed. I'm trying to figure out how to tell her, because our cruise is a surprise. The kids think we're cruising on Carnival, because we're evil and we want to trick them. The littlest kids have no idea there's another cruise ship other than Disney, so--

I guess I'll tell her we're going to Tortola on Carnival, so I was reading about it. She might not buy it, because she's too crafty.

She'd do cosplay, but it's too expensive right now, so she's stuck with the internet. I'll send her to your site and just tell her you're from the Disney board. Hopefully her role play site will get more people. She wants to play Sailor Saturn . No idea why. On the other site she's on the only choices were Venus and Uranus, and she went with Uranus. Again- Probably because I always liked Venus.

We were thinking about going to whatever convention is happening in Baltimore, but she changed her mind about it.

Julie
skoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #27
Desi
Seek color and ye shall receive...
There are many Tag Fairies.... no-one said they're all girls though!

I loved your TR. Thank you for putting so much time into it for the rest of us.
Cruise #1 Disney Magic Nov.14-21-2009 Double Dip
Cruise #2 Disney Dream Nov.13-18 2011
Cruise #3 Disney Fantasy Nov. 23-30 2013
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 AM   #28
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznaphrodite View Post
Introduction

My husband (Chris) and I are both 30-years-old and we have no children. We are both Disney fans and were employees of Disney Consumer Products in Burbank/Glendale when we lived in California. We used to go to Disneyland almost every month and prior to that, I was an Annual Passholder. (We now live near Dallas, Texas.) Chris proposed to me in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland. Our honeymoon was 3 nights at the Grand Floridian at WDW followed by a 4-night Bahamian cruise on the Wonder so you can say Disney has always been a big part of our lives!

We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary with the 7-night Eastern Caribbean w/ Tortola cruise on the Disney Magic from April 25 to May 2, 2009. It was the inaugural cruise for the Tortola port of call.

Trip Planning

I planned for this trip obsessively and I am an extremely detailed oriented person. These were the resources that made my trip a success:

+ Dreams Unlimited Travel: I booked both Disney cruises with them and have nothing but good things to say! The onboard credit was fantastic!

+ Passporter's DCL Guide Book: The fastest and most organized way to learn about DCL. Read it cover to cover first. (I also read their "Disney Cruise Clues" e-book and found that nearly all of the tips were in the guide book or can be found on DIS DCL Board.)

+ DIS DCL Board: Start by reading the DIS DCL FAQ and then read posts on a daily basis to learn new things, tips, and updates to things covered in Passporter's. You'll soon become a DCL expert!

+ Cruise Critic: The Ports of Call section was extremely helpful in planning days at ports of call. Got great tips on what to do, how to get around, and where to eat. The Tortola forum was also helpful in learning more about Tortola since Disney hadn't been there yet.

+ Frommer's Caribbean Ports of Call Guide Book: Extremely helpful in planning days at ports of call. Got great tips on what to do and where to eat. Also has great maps.

+ 2disneycruzrs's Packing List & Cruise Tips: There are several packing lists floating out there but I found this one to be the most thorough and up-to-date

+ aznaphrodite's Personal Itinerary: This is the personal itinerary I made for our trip. It includes a lot of the info I collected about Tortola, St. Thomas, and St. John on what shops to see and where to eat. It also includes some DCL tips as well.

Other Useful Info

We stayed at the Hyatt Orlando Airport Hotel the night before our cruise. We used DCL motorcoach transfers from the airport to the port and back. We also participated in Onboard Airline Check-in. Our flight home didn't leave until 4:25 pm so we spent the day at the Orlando Airport. Details for all of this can be found in my trip report.

DCL excursions:
+ Tortola: Tour to Virgin Gorda
+ St. John: St. John Island Tour
+ Castaway Cay: Castway Ray's Stingray Adventure

Trip Report

WARNING: My trip report is painfully detailed and is very photo heavy!!

Below are links by day to my DETAILED trip report with photos:

+ Day 0-2: Hyatt Orlando Airport, Port Canaveral, and At Sea

+ Day 3: At Sea w/ Character Breakfast

+ Day 4: Tortola & Pirate Night

+ Day 5: St. Thomas & St. John

+ Day 6-8: At Sea w/ Galley Tour & Beer Tasting, Castaway Cay, and Orlando Airport

+ All 1,172 photos from my cruise

I hope my report and photos help out future cruisers!

What great pictures! What type of underwater camera did you use?
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #29
ilovecraigandcooper
Mouseketeer

UGHGHGHGHGHGH it wouldnt let me PM you back because i have less than 10 posts (even though i feel i spend the majority of my day on here, lol) so i went to your blog to message you and i sent you a message on your ladyrebecca site, i hope thats okay. now i feel like a crazy stalker (since ive tracked down all of your websites and messaged you) but i promise im not i just hated to hijack your cruise thread! anyway keep me updated!
mom to cooper,
child of God
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
aznaphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiken4mickey View Post
What great pictures! What type of underwater camera did you use?
We don't have an underwater camera. We used the Dicapac waterproof camera case with our regular digital camera:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ailormoontop20

It worked out pretty well! I was very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecraigandcooper View Post
UGHGHGHGHGHGH it wouldnt let me PM you back because i have less than 10 posts (even though i feel i spend the majority of my day on here, lol) so i went to your blog to message you and i sent you a message on your ladyrebecca site, i hope thats okay. now i feel like a crazy stalker (since ive tracked down all of your websites and messaged you) but i promise im not i just hated to hijack your cruise thread! anyway keep me updated!
LOL! Don't be silly! I'll respond to your e-mail shortly! Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: