Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
sammi6
Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities of Life!

Military Salute Tickets Disney

Has anyone purchased and used these tickets yet? The $99 companion 5 day tickets. If so did you purchase them before you went down or when you got there? Was it a pain free experience or a pain in the neck? Also is it $150 for hopper with water parks or $125? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure we are prepared and ready.

sammi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Nadya
Earning My Ears

All I know is those salute military tickets really true...and can be exchanged at the gate
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi6 View Post
Has anyone purchased and used these tickets yet? The $99 companion 5 day tickets. If so did you purchase them before you went down or when you got there? Was it a pain free experience or a pain in the neck? Also is it $150 for hopper with water parks or $125? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure we are prepared and ready.
We have gooten ours on baase but have not used them because our trip isn't until Dec.
The companion tickets with park hopper are $124.
The companion tickets with park hopper, water parks and more are $149.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

oops double post.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
AshleyW
Can't wait to go back!
A fish pedicure would be like my own personal hell!

Quote:
We used these tickets in May - my fiance and I went with his grandparents, and his grandpa is retired Navy.

We purchased them at the SOG resort once we got down there and it was really easy. I'm not sure where you're staying, but they had a little booth at SOG where you could purchase them.

You have to activate them at the "will call" window before you enter the park the 1st time, and the person with the military ID has to be with you when you activate them. That was the only downside - we waited in line to get into the park for 30 mins only to find out we had to go activate them first.

AshleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just used the companion ticket in April. My friend is an active military wife. She was able to purchase the tickets right at the International Gateway entrance - Guest Services at Epcot. She was definitely required to show her spouse military ID with her husband's info, it took a few minutes for the CM to figure out the process. The park hopper tickets are $124 + tax (if you buy the tickets at SOG or another military base you would not pay tax). If you add the water park option, it would be an additional $25 per ticket.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
singnring
DIS Veteran

We purchased and used these in January, soon after the promo began.

DD is military wife. We went to SOG and she used her ID to get her DH's free pass (even though he wasn't w/us) and 5 companion.

We added hopper and WP options to companion tickets.
THen we went to the will call window and upgraded 5 companions to AP's.

Total cost after AP upgrade tax was approx $306 ea.
Awesome deal considering AP's are $469+tax @ the WDW ticket windows.
singnring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #8
donaldndaisy
Mouseketeer

It is always pain free for us. DH had a free hopper w/ Water Park and More, and we purchased 2 of the same type of tickets for ds and me. No problems, huge savings
donaldndaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
Delphinidae
Mouseketeer

Ooh, glad you posted this. We are using those tickets too. Wasn't sure if we could get them once we got there. We will probably still get them on base, though, to avoid tax.

Does anybody know what the chances are that they will offer this deal again? Has it been offered in the past? I only just found out about them a couple of months ago, and we kind of jumped at it, and are planning to go in August. But, our youngest DD is 3 and our original plan has always been to wait until she is at least 5 or 6 so we can do more. We just don't want to pass up such a good deal on tickets!

Sorry for the mini-hijack, hope you enjoy your trip, sammi6!
Delphinidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
singnring
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinidae View Post
We will probably still get them on base, though, to avoid tax. But, our youngest DD is 3 and our original plan has always been to wait until she is at least 5 or 6 so we can do more. We just don't want to pass up such a good deal on tickets!
No tax @ SOG ticket counter.

Just took our DGS2 in January. He was a blast!!!
He had a great time and we had the most fun we've had there in ages!

I wouldn't hesitate if DD is 3. She'll love it and you'll come home w/priceless memories!

Just don't try to overplan and do too much. Let her age and energy levels be your guide.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
WendyisDarling
DIS Veteran

Question Please help me understand better

Quote:
Originally Posted by singnring View Post
We purchased and used these in January, soon after the promo began.

DD is military wife. We went to SOG and she used her ID to get her DH's free pass (even though he wasn't w/us) and 5 companion.

We added hopper and WP options to companion tickets.
THen we went to the will call window and upgraded 5 companions to AP's.

Total cost after AP upgrade tax was approx $306 ea.
Awesome deal considering AP's are $469+tax @ the WDW ticket windows.

Wow! Can you explain this more. I don't want to misunderstand. Did the AP's turn out to be $306 total or $306 PLUS the cost of the companion tickets with PH and WP ($149)?

Can I just give my details and anyone who wishes to help me better understand -- I am very grateful.
DH is on active duty.
We will need 15 days worth of tickets for our trip.
I thought conversion to AP would be more.
There are 4 in our party all considered adults. I planned to have DH purchase tickets on post to avoid sales tax.

My plan was for him to get his free 5 day pass. Then purchase 3 additional and add PH. Each would cost $124 (still debating if we would add the WP option).
Then we planned to buy four 10 day PH tickets at $282 each.
Total cost for companions = $406
(Annual Pass would be $460--that is the price SOG gives)
Total cost for DH= $282
(Annual Pass $460)

I thought we were saving $232 for the 4 of us by NOT buying AP.

I'm sorry OP for a bit of a hijack -- I didn't think of this until now...what is the discount card called for dining? how much is it? Even if our cost would be as I originally thought do you think it would make sense to bump one companion ticket up to AP for an extra total cost (remembering the additional 10 day PH purchase) of $54 just to get the discount card?

TIA. Sorry for so many questions--just want to get the best value.
WendyisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
singnring
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyisDarling View Post
Wow! Can you explain this more. I don't want to misunderstand. Did the AP's turn out to be $306 total or $306 PLUS the cost of the companion tickets with PH and WP ($149)?
Sorry, on my way out to a grad party - only have a sec to address the first comment on my post.

Son-in-law is military - married to my daughter.
In Jan the whole family (-) SIL went to WDW. DD used her military ID to get SIL's 5-day freebie and (5) companions @ SOG (no tax there either).

We upgraded the 5 companion tickets to include the WP and Hopper options, so total was $149 each for initial purchase @ SOG.

**Note: we were told military person's freebie cannot be upgraded at all.

Anyway, got his and held onto it for him because he will go in Dec w/ us.

Took the 5 $149 companion tickets from SOG and went to the window @ TTC, and upgraded those to regular AP's.
Total cost for each AP between the SOG counter and the TTC window, was ~$306 (not sure exactly, but within a few $$ of that).

Now, if you want the WP option to be valid, you must get a Premium AP upgrade which will be more.

The way to figure your costs is to see what a /5-day-hopper-WP/ ticket is @ WDW.
Then see what an AP costs @ WDW -whichever you plan to get, reg or premium.
The difference between the two, plus any applicable tax, is what you will still have to pay above the initial $149/ea for the upgrade to the AP.

I hope that makes sense!!
It seems about as clear as mud!!
I just don't have time right now to check the costs on Disney's site for you.

I'll check back later this evening to see if you still need help.

Sorry!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
WendyisDarling
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by singnring View Post
Sorry, on my way out to a grad party - only have a sec to address the first comment on my post.

Son-in-law is military - married to my daughter.
In Jan the whole family (-) SIL went to WDW. DD used her military ID to get SIL's 5-day freebie and (5) companions @ SOG (no tax there either).

We upgraded the 5 companion tickets to include the WP and Hopper options, so total was $149 each for initial purchase @ SOG.

**Note: we were told military person's freebie cannot be upgraded at all.

Anyway, got his and held onto it for him because he will go in Dec w/ us.

Took the 5 $149 companion tickets from SOG and went to the window @ TTC, and upgraded those to regular AP's.
Total cost for each AP between the SOG counter and the TTC window, was ~$306 (not sure exactly, but within a few $$ of that).

Now, if you want the WP option to be valid, you must get a Premium AP upgrade which will be more.

The way to figure your costs is to see what a /5-day-hopper-WP/ ticket is @ WDW.
Then see what an AP costs @ WDW -whichever you plan to get, reg or premium.
The difference between the two, plus any applicable tax, is what you will still have to pay above the initial $149/ea for the upgrade to the AP.

I hope that makes sense!!
It seems about as clear as mud!!
I just don't have time right now to check the costs on Disney's site for you.

I'll check back later this evening to see if you still need help.

Sorry!!!
Thanks. What I am understanding is you paid the cost of the companion tix + $306 (approx) for the AP.

I don't think that will save us much EXCEPT...can you use one of the 10% AP coupons when you upgrade? I think I should start a new thread --sorry OP.
WendyisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
I have been trying to get an affirmative answer if days can be added to these passes. All I've read says that you can't add days, but the travel agent at the base keeps saying you can add days for a small fee. I don't want to find out that I can't add days once I get there, because I'll have to change around a lot of dining. Has anyone been able to add days?
Thanks

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
sammi6
Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities of Life!

Friends of ours tried to add days and it wasn't possible. Now they did theirs at Disney guest services, so I don't know if it would be different at Shades of Green. I would call the ticket office there to get a definite answer 407-824-1403

sammi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: