Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #106
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Wow! That was enough to give me a headache so early in the morning. I am thankful you got your voucher without too much trouble. Alberto sounds umm, I'll go with interesting to be nice!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #107
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

All I can say is WOW! After your experiences with time shares and dvc, I think I would rather work three jobs to pay for vacations then to deal with those people! I don't know how you made it to the end without telling Alberto off. My DH used to hate it when I politely told people off - but now he's used to it and actually doesn't mind because we usually get something. I can't stand bad customer service which is one of the reasons I love WDW - bad customer service is the exception there.

Love the girls "matching" outfits and Brian's photo op! Corey is a gem - especially considering he is a teenager!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #108
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Teresa you have the worst luck with Timeshare tours! I have to say Alberto take the cake though! Glad you got your voucher though.

I think you need to come to Chicago and Do the DVC one again with our tour guide she is fabulous!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #109
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Gee........ Maybe I can convince you to name your next child Alberto......

I understand now why it toook you soooo long to update! I wouldn't want to rehash this experieince either!

So- when you finally announced your feelings about the tour- did anyone say anything?? Employees or people that were touring?
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #110
jham
DIS Veteran

Oh the joys of the timeshare tour! I've been through a few and this is by far the worst! I'm glad you survived! Our DVC tour in California was lovely! I didn't mind a minute of it and our "tour guide" was great.

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #111
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 07-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #112
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Wow! That was enough to give me a headache so early in the morning. I am thankful you got your voucher without too much trouble. Alberto sounds umm, I'll go with interesting to be nice!
yes, interesting... I'm not sure why he kept telling us he came into the country as an illegal alien. I wanted to tell him what my brother-in-law-in-law (Henry's brother) did for a living, but I restrained myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
All I can say is WOW! After your experiences with time shares and dvc, I think I would rather work three jobs to pay for vacations then to deal with those people! I don't know how you made it to the end without telling Alberto off. My DH used to hate it when I politely told people off - but now he's used to it and actually doesn't mind because we usually get something. I can't stand bad customer service which is one of the reasons I love WDW - bad customer service is the exception there.

Love the girls "matching" outfits and Brian's photo op! Corey is a gem - especially considering he is a teenager!
I will do a lot to save money, including keeping my mouth halfway shut! I must say, I am a VERY good complainer myself!!! Just ask Heather. Don't ask Brian, he never thinks complaining=good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Teresa you have the worst luck with Timeshare tours! I have to say Alberto take the cake though! Glad you got your voucher though.

I think you need to come to Chicago and Do the DVC one again with our tour guide she is fabulous!
You know, we usually have really good experiences, just these last two times it stunk! Alberto was right up there with the worst of the worst. No, actually, I do believe he WAS the worst of the worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
Gee........ Maybe I can convince you to name your next child Alberto......

I understand now why it toook you soooo long to update! I wouldn't want to rehash this experieince either!

So- when you finally announced your feelings about the tour- did anyone say anything?? Employees or people that were touring?
Karen, did I tell you that? about why I took so long to update?? I thought I told Heather, but here you are saying it!

Nope, no one said anything! We were the last people out of there, so there weren't any customers around. But, the employees just looked at me like they had heard it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Oh the joys of the timeshare tour! I've been through a few and this is by far the worst! I'm glad you survived! Our DVC tour in California was lovely! I didn't mind a minute of it and our "tour guide" was great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
I don't usually mind a timeshare tour, the majority I have ever been on were polite and sometimes rather friendly. We have toured Orange Lake and Westgate and had really good experiences at both of them. Westgate was actually the best, no pressure at all.

I would not stay at this place, just because this guy kind of scared me. I really felt that we were being threatened by him. Like I said, if it had not been for the fact that we REALLY needed a place to stay, I would have been out of there!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #113
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

The day, and with a few exceptions, the week got a LOT better after this episode! So, the next updates shouldn't take so long for me to write!

I want to be done before I leave again!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #114
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

How do you stand sitting through those timeshare things??? They made you talk to 3 different people? We did them on our Caribbean and Mexican vacations and we told them upfront were weren't buying so they let us fly through the thing and let us have the freebie. Your experiences have been obnoxious
Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #115
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
How do you stand sitting through those timeshare things??? They made you talk to 3 different people? We did them on our Caribbean and Mexican vacations and we told them upfront were weren't buying so they let us fly through the thing and let us have the freebie. Your experiences have been obnoxious
It usually doesn't take this long, we can generally clock it at 90 minutes. We let them know up front we aren't planning on buying, and we can always honestly tell them that we don't like their resort. We love ours. That usually does the trick. This guy just seemed to be having fun making people miserable! Oh well, we got a cheap room, and I got to write about what a jerk he was and hopefully warn people away from CaLYPSO CAY!!

Did you get that people? It was CALYPSO CAY! If you go to CALYPSO CAY and they introduce you to Alberto, run~! away from Calypso Cay..
Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #116
HeatherSue

You're not the only one who doesn't get any reception now that they've switched to digital! Jenny has a roof antenna and still doesn't get any channels! None!

I love Lydia and Arminda's matching outfits! I don't think I've ever seen those shirts! So cute!

9:00 seems absurdly early to end breakfast. It's vacation, for goodness sake!

Brian is such a goof! I love the picture of him by the McDonald's truck!

about Alberto and his $1.50 raft!!

Oh my gosh, Alberto is turning really creepy...

Your link doesn't work on the "next" after Alberto tells you how nice you need to be.

You will never have a bathroom papered in hideous palm tree wallpaper. Nope, not you.

Brian looks like he'd like to kick Alberto in the hiney.

I'm all for rehashing! Thank you! You must have been SO upset at that point! That is just rediculous how he blackmailed you like that!

Maybe I need to send my brother-in-law to Calypso Cay to make sure Alberto is actually legal.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #117
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
You're not the only one who doesn't get any reception now that they've switched to digital! Jenny has a roof antenna and still doesn't get any channels! None!

I love Lydia and Arminda's matching outfits! I don't think I've ever seen those shirts! So cute!

9:00 seems absurdly early to end breakfast. It's vacation, for goodness sake!

Brian is such a goof! I love the picture of him by the McDonald's truck!

about Alberto and his $1.50 raft!!

Oh my gosh, Alberto is turning really creepy...

Your link doesn't work on the "next" after Alberto tells you how nice you need to be.

You will never have a bathroom papered in hideous palm tree wallpaper. Nope, not you.

Brian looks like he'd like to kick Alberto in the hiney.

I'm all for rehashing! Thank you! You must have been SO upset at that point! That is just rediculous how he blackmailed you like that!

Maybe I need to send my brother-in-law to Calypso Cay to make sure Alberto is actually legal.

Really!? Even with the roof antenna, huh? I hold fast to my theory that this was entirely a plot by the cable and satellite companies to make people buy their services!

The shirts are cute, aren't they! Mom bought those at Walmart two years ago. I thought it was adorable how they wanted to match, right down to the red shorts.

I agree ,9AM is WAY too early to end breakfast!

You like his dream raft too??

Creepy is an understatement! He was SCARY! I was seriously glad we weren't actually staying there, where he could find us!

Thanks, I fixed it!

So sad, no hideous palmtree wallpaper for us.

Oh, yes! You need to have him run a little background check on our buddy Alberto! I posted his ID so it should make it easier to do!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #118
*Toadstool*
Smocking Snow White

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post

Alberto! I posted his ID so it should make it easier to do!
You gals are so cute.
The ID thing made me
This is getting good.
I love smiles.

Hannah (8)
Kira
Jason
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 AM   #119
twob4him
DIS Veteran

I agree with the poster who said

I was going to make something up about loving Calypso Bay and I toured with Alberto and he was really sweet...but seriously, I am so shaken by your experience I couldn't even joke around about it.

I went to one timeshare tour when I was like 22 with a friend. They barely showed us around, asked if we wanted to buy, when we declined they said...ok well eat up (they had a little buffet) and here are your tickets. They seemed glad we didnt buy or something...anyways...remind me never to sign up for a tour anywhere.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #120
maroo
DIS Veteran

Wow.

What a mess!!

I guess it was worth it to get the free stuff, though? Maybe?

I think I will stay away from the timeshare deal. I might buy one!

I am glad for the update! And I hope you guys are doing well!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: