Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #76
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

That was quick guys!!! I thought I'd have a chance to turn some pictures before I got people reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Toadstool* View Post
Hannah loved reading this part of your trippie. She enjoyed Arminda very much. She said Arminda is her favorite.
I like the picture of your toes. Genius!!
I will start taking pictures of my feet to prove I was places too.
Oh, that Hannah is too cute!!!

Maybe next time I'll write Mom or Teresa on my toes too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Look! We have the same ticker!! I've been working on my TR tonight. Then, I realized that it was getting really boring because I'm too tired to be writing a TR tonight. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with our final day. So, hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.

I'm so excited!!! I need to make some money this summer though!
I have found I'm not very funny when writing a trip report when I'm overly tired either!

=================

Lydia told Brian it was just a "figure of speech"? She's so smart! Not to mention adorable!

Yep, she did!!! Isn't she brilliant!!!

It's good to see that Arminda must have worked on a more natural smile since our last trip!

Yes, she has, thank goodness!

I always wondered how much fun it would be to put together a light saber. I always assumed the answer would be "not much".
I still kind of think that.

I'm sure those ladies who stepped in front of the camera would really appreciate you including their picture!

Muwwwahhhahhhaaaha

The story about the lady with the beehive and the tarantulas. :lol:

I wonder if that same friend told me a story about sharks in pools??

I believe it was Donna or Flossie

I had a smart aleck-y sarcastic comment about cats being better than dogs. But, you wouldn't appreciate it.

No, no I wouldn't have!

I noticed the Speedo clad gents even before you pointed them out. Kinda hard to miss, eh?

Yep, very hard to miss!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #77
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Cici's pizza??? Hey! I recognize that blurry hand! the first hours there and I can't believe you lost your own daughter!

I love DTD too! I didn't know you could get free chocolate though!!! How could I have ever missed that? You need to tell me exactly how to do that- ok??

Quote:
"We didn't buy any. We just took pictures.

I will also need you to meet me at DTD in November 2010 to help me along in the box stuffing department. We are taking the whole family to WDW and that includes our little Henry. It'll be his first trip.... and grandma plans on stuffing a box FULL of Mr. Potato Head stuff for him- what better way to do that then to have a private lesson on box stuffing from a pro?? You should offer lessons on that.... maybe charge for a free trip or something?!?!? Anyway........ I have to make sure that that trip is full of all kinds of wonder/magic for that boy- after all....... he will have been living in Texas for over a year at that point , Texas is where the "other" grandparents LIVE.... so they will ahve the advantage over me...... But not for long! WAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote:
But, the only thing I was worried about in the hats was lice. I made sure she picked one that was in the middle of the pile, I figured there was less chance of someone else wearing that one.
Not to make you paranoid or anything, but those lice do jump from one thing to another.......... I mean, I'm just sayin'

Quote:
Bark at Foxie
That is HILARIOUS!!!

Now see???? I never knew there was a hat store where you could choose what ears to put on your hat there either! I guess it's a different world when you have little kids huh?? Another place we'll just have to stop for Henry!

the um, alligator picture........ it's um...... upside down (and if I could type upside down, upside down, I woulda!!)

Special times at DVC! that was really nice giving all those stickers to you! just one more thing we'll do for Henry!

Quote:
Um, and check out the speedo clad gents behind them!
that picture of the girls was just a cover so you could get a pic of those speedo guys... wasn't it?

Well, that was fn! I'll have to do more of the comment by comment posting in the future! When's the next part coming???
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Last edited by karebear1; 06-04-2009 at 07:36 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #78
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
Cici's pizza??? Hey! I recognize that blurry hand! the first hours there and I can't believe you lost your own daughter!

I love DTD too! I didn't know you could get free chocolate though!!! How could I have ever missed that? You need to tell me exactly how to do that- ok??

I will also need you to meet me at DTD in November 2010 to help me along in the box stuffing department. We are taking the whole family to WDW and that includes our little Henry. It'll be his first trip.... and grandma plans on stuffing a box FULL of Mr. Potato Head stuff for him- what better way to do that then to have a private lesson on box stuffing from a pro?? You should offer lessons on that.... maybe charge for a free trip or something?!?!? Anyway........ I have to make sure that that trip is full of all kinds of wonder/magic for that boy- after all....... he will have been living in Texas for over a year at that point , Texas is where the "other" grandparents LIVE.... so they will ahve the advantage over me...... But not for long! WAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Not to make you paranoid or anything, but those lice do jump from one thing to another.......... I mean, I'm just sayin'

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Now see???? I never knew there was a hat store where you could choose what ears to put on your hat there either! I guess it's a different world when you have little kids huh?? Another place we'll just have to stop for Henry!

the um, alligator picture........ it's um...... upside down (and if I could type upside down, upside down, I woulda!!)

Special times at DVC! that was really nice giving all those stickers to you! just one more thing we'll do for Henry!

that picture of the girls was just a cover so you could get a pic of those speedo guys... wasn't it?

Well, that was fn! I'll have to do more of the comment by comment posting in the future! When's the next part coming???
Yeah!!! You made great comments!!! It's so much fun to read when people do that!!!

Ok, if you are the Queen of the Cricut, can I be Princess of Chocolate??? Right next to the World of Disney store is a Ghiradelli's!! You just walk into the store part of that and there will be a lady standing there with a basket of chocolates!!!! Just act all surprised when you walk in, like you had NOOO idea there were FREE chocolates in there.. Bring a hat and a jacket with you and then after about a half hour or so, go back....

Yes, you must have a good in with Henry since he is with the "others" so often!!!

You will need to get the giant Mr.Potato Head to stuff!! I fit so much stuff in that thing even the cashier was impressed!

The make your own hat place is VERY cool!!!

OOPs, I'll have to turn that picture around!

Yep, you got me!!!! I took that picture just because the speedo guys would be in it!!! I was thinking of you when I did that!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #79
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Yeah!!! You made great comments!!! It's so much fun to read when people do that!!!

Ok, if you are the Queen of the Cricut, can I be Princess of Chocolate??? Right next to the World of Disney store is a Ghiradelli's!! You just walk into the store part of that and there will be a lady standing there with a basket of chocolates!!!! Just act all surprised when you walk in, like you had NOOO idea there were FREE chocolates in there.. Bring a hat and a jacket with you and then after about a half hour or so, go back....
How about we make you "Duchess of Downtown"??? After all.... you know everything about the downtown area. If that's not good.... we could make you "Chancellor of Chocolate" (just loking for rhyming words here! LOL)

Quote:
Yep, you got me!!!! I took that picture just because the speedo guys would be in it!!! I was thinking of you when I did that!
And that, my friend, is what I like about you! You are always so thoughtful like that! Next time, when I'm on vacation and I see speedo boys, I'm there for you too! As a matter of fact, I will definetly go out of my way to take that picture just for you. If I have to go in search of speedo boys....... I WILL.... because you did it for me, and I must return the favor!
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #80
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Ahem...did somebody perhaps FORGET to tell me that they had posted their trip report.

Hmmmm.......

Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #81
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

???? Heather ????

Are you going to world or land? I know you had some thoughts and wonderings and now that I read it it says free dining? I had to make a darn ticker to see how many days until we go as I was wondering if you did change or if Teresa went if it was the same dates that I was going to be there and voting for!

Okay, back to the trippie!

I love Cici's. Lin used to work right next to one and I LOVED going there. Of course he didn't. That one did look really nice! I just love the salad bar and a little pizza to go along with it.

Downtown Disney is my favorite and I prefer it uncrowded. It looks like it wasn't horrible when were there. I LOVE stuffing potato head boxes. They never had the big head until after we had all the pieces. Dallas has about 12-15 on a shelf in his room. I need another shelf since I could build probably that many more without really using the same piece 2x. Yep, I love toys! Bet you didn't know that!

The lightsabers are always fun. I promised Dallas a Darth Maul one next trip. He wanted it at DL but too big to deal with on an airplane. Somehow in February I talked him out of doing it at the time. We weren't properly dressed for building!

Hear that Karen, Henry must have a potato head outfit for stuffing!

I love the fountains and getting wet. That was nice of you go into the christmas store with Brian.

Oh crap! I just remembered I told Dallas he could make Mickey Ears too. They add up QUICK! How do the ears get broken??

I love how you took the girls swimming. what kind of camera did you have/use in the pool. I was just saying yesterday how I wanted to get a water camera and today booked a night at great wolf so would like to do it fairly soon now! We go in a couple of weeks.

I really don't remember much else besides it looked like a nice fun and relaxing day and I like that!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #82
HeatherSue

Jessica, I switched to Disney World from October 3-10. What dates are you going?? I was thinking you would be there when I'm going to be there!!

Teresa laid out the finances for me and I can save $600-$800 by going to the World instead of the Land, and I get 2 extra days. Plus, my family was worried about me traveling that far, with just the kids, in an airplane with my clotting disorder.

Plus, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all that

I FINISHED MY TRIP REPORT!!

Follow the green link in my siggy!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #83
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Seriously Cici's pizza??!?!?!? AKKK I am glad youa ll had fun though

I will have to show Kyle the make your own light saber next trip. Well maybe not! How expensive are they?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #84
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post

I will have to show Kyle the make your own light saber next trip. Well maybe not! How expensive are they?
They used to be $20 but you do get the batteries and a pin with it. Not a deal what so ever for a lightsaber though. And they aren't nearly as sturdy as the cheaper ones from walmart.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #85
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

Cute pictures!

I am so happy Arminda is using her little purse.

We don't spend a lot of time in downtown disney because I don't want to be tempted. We used to always go to the scrapbooking store when I did that. I did not know about the potato heads or light sabers. Very interesting.

Can't wait for more!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #86
maroo
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!1

I am here!

Now...what have I missed?!?

*runs to look*
Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #87
maroo
DIS Veteran

CiCi's!! You guys totally crack me up!

I admit...I am a dog person...but that guy at the kennel should be put in a cage with a dog and see what happens to him!

I am glad you got your cat back out and I take it Foxie missed you guys and are glad you guys are home.

Looking forward to more!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #88
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Yaaa great first day!!! Love the pics with the underwater camera in the pool...I gotta remember to bring one for our trip! I never knew about the DTD store with ears....I'll have to find that one! My DH always walks way ahead of me when we are going someplace. Its really strange. He'll jump out of the car and I'll be getting the kids out and he takes off speed-walking to the destination. Its such a strange habit. (he was single for 37 years). I am hoping to break him of said habit by the time we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary....hahahha Your story about "losing" Bryan reminded me of it. And about the family snoring.....I never leave home without ear plugs...we all share hotel rooms and I have such a hard time falling asleep if its noisy....try them sometime...you'll be hooked too! Can't wait to hear more...you crack me up with your funny stories and such!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #89
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
How about we make you "Duchess of Downtown"??? After all.... you know everything about the downtown area. If that's not good.... we could make you "Chancellor of Chocolate" (just loking for rhyming words here! LOL)

And that, my friend, is what I like about you! You are always so thoughtful like that! Next time, when I'm on vacation and I see speedo boys, I'm there for you too! As a matter of fact, I will definetly go out of my way to take that picture just for you. If I have to go in search of speedo boys....... I WILL.... because you did it for me, and I must return the favor!

I'm always looking out for you Karen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ahem...did somebody perhaps FORGET to tell me that they had posted their trip report.

Hmmmm.......

Hey, hey now, didn't you see my status update on Facebook that I totally wrote before I saw your post????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post

I love Cici's. Lin used to work right next to one and I LOVED going there. Of course he didn't. That one did look really nice! I just love the salad bar and a little pizza to go along with it.

Downtown Disney is my favorite and I prefer it uncrowded. It looks like it wasn't horrible when were there. I LOVE stuffing potato head boxes. They never had the big head until after we had all the pieces. Dallas has about 12-15 on a shelf in his room. I need another shelf since I could build probably that many more without really using the same piece 2x. Yep, I love toys! Bet you didn't know that!

The lightsabers are always fun. I promised Dallas a Darth Maul one next trip. He wanted it at DL but too big to deal with on an airplane. Somehow in February I talked him out of doing it at the time. We weren't properly dressed for building!

I love the fountains and getting wet. That was nice of you go into the christmas store with Brian.

Oh crap! I just remembered I told Dallas he could make Mickey Ears too. They add up QUICK! How do the ears get broken??

I love how you took the girls swimming. what kind of camera did you have/use in the pool. I was just saying yesterday how I wanted to get a water camera and today booked a night at great wolf so would like to do it fairly soon now! We go in a couple of weeks.

I really don't remember much else besides it looked like a nice fun and relaxing day and I like that!
Making the ears is fun!! I really enjoyed doing that. My Mom got me a Fuji camera about 2 years ago and it came with a waterproof case. Which works really great if it's on. But, if you take the case off and put the camera on the table at Beaches and Cream and your 4 year old spills a glass of water on it, well, that doesn't work so well! So, this is technically camera #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Teresa laid out the finances for me and I can save $600-$800 by going to the World instead of the Land, and I get 2 extra days. Plus, my family was worried about me traveling that far, with just the kids, in an airplane with my clotting disorder.

Plus, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all that

I FINISHED MY TRIP REPORT!!

Follow the green link in my siggy!
Yes, it's my fault. Or, maybe I should blame Brian, since this free dining thing was his idea. Plus the tought of her going that far by herself scares the bajeebees out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post

I do like CiCi's on occasion, but NOT for the first night in Florida! It was fun though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephres View Post
Cute pictures!

I am so happy Arminda is using her little purse.

We don't spend a lot of time in downtown disney because I don't want to be tempted. We used to always go to the scrapbooking store when I did that. I did not know about the potato heads or light sabers. Very interesting.

Can't wait for more!
We both use our purses all the time!! I moved my stuff back to my purse as soon as I got back home. I just use the backpack while I'm on vacation. Although, last year I ended up using it for a few months since I'm lazy and didn't feel like moving my junk to my purse. But, this year I wanted my pretty purse back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
CiCi's!! You guys totally crack me up!

I admit...I am a dog person...but that guy at the kennel should be put in a cage with a dog and see what happens to him!

I am glad you got your cat back out and I take it Foxie missed you guys and are glad you guys are home.

Looking forward to more!!!!
Yeah, that kennel guy was a complete idiot!!!

I do think Foxie missed us! He is so much friendlier now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Yaaa great first day!!! Love the pics with the underwater camera in the pool...I gotta remember to bring one for our trip! I never knew about the DTD store with ears....I'll have to find that one! My DH always walks way ahead of me when we are going someplace. Its really strange. He'll jump out of the car and I'll be getting the kids out and he takes off speed-walking to the destination. Its such a strange habit. (he was single for 37 years). I am hoping to break him of said habit by the time we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary....hahahha Your story about "losing" Bryan reminded me of it. And about the family snoring.....I never leave home without ear plugs...we all share hotel rooms and I have such a hard time falling asleep if its noisy....try them sometime...you'll be hooked too! Can't wait to hear more...you crack me up with your funny stories and such!
I wish you were going when we were going!!! I would love to meet you!

Yep, Brian has a habit of just taking off. I have a talk with him about it later on in the vacation.

Earplugs, good idea! And, maybe a sound machine.

I'm glad I make you laugh!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #90
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post

OH MY HECK WOMAN!!! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF THAT>............. BUT YOU'RE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT! ok- how do I go about it?? Applique?? Have you ever seen Mr. Potatohead fabric?? It has to be boyish or it'll be a no go with his mother and father Hmmmmm....... maybe I could make him some 'tatohead shoes to wear!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: