Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #46
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

Yes, you forgot about the fishing pole update! What happened? Did they send you back? Confiscate them at security? I can't wait to hear!

The car seat thing bugs me too. Now, it's the front seat. Apparently ALL of Jacob's friends get to ride in the front seat. Not you, buster!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #47
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Ya and did you see that not only did she not brush her hair properly but she has little horns sticking out of the sides of her head. The completely clash with the the Spirit Airlines uniform. hmmmmm.....

Now this lady who felt compelled to talk to you in security and question the use of carseats.... ..... I would have chosen the completely sarcastic mode so I am impressed that you went with the higher road. You are so sweet!!!

OK glad you got there safe and sound.... May the trip begin!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #48
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

So what happened with the fishing pole????
Old 05-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #49
minnie2
DIS Veteran

I am so with you on the car seat issue! Nikki is 9 and only just 60lbs so I am so not ready for her to be out NO WAY! all her friends are out but so what! Even her ped said I could take her out but I am not ready I think she is too tiny. Same with Kyle NOPE! Thankfully my mom has car seats in Atlanta so we won't cart them on the trip since ours aren't airplane safe

Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #50
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Toadstool* View Post
You've pulled me in!

Those toilets kinda freak me out.
LOL! I have never seen a toilet like those before!! I think I live a rather sheltered life though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
This is by far the funniest TR I have read so far. You have me on the edge of my seat.

Thanks for sharing your bbb story. I think we will pass on that this trip. Not because of your bad experience their (everyone is entitled to a rough day right?). We are skipping because of the disreguard to your experience by the CM.

Yes, Southwest is by far my fav. airline also.

I had never seen pics of your family until now and I must say your kids are beautiful!

Can't wait to read more.
Thanks Deb!! You really are just too sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying the TR! I think my kids are pretty cute too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Well, you know you don't need to tell me twice about the carseats. I am so with you on that! We got so many wierd stares going to California with the carseat. They just look at you like you are an alien or something. I can't remember our October trip but I know in May they kept trying to talk me into checking it at the gate. No thanks! I drug it this far through the airport I'll put my child in it!

I am thinking you had the Nautilus with you? It irks me that it never fits through a machine and everyone tries to jam it! Really folks, is that necessary?

How sweet of Brian to get you some coffee. If Lin didn't drink coffee I am not sure if we would have a pot or not. I am kind of one of those folks where you have something just in case though.

So smart to bring your own snacks. Food at the airport always ends up costing us around $50 on the way home. Seems we hit it at a bad time and no little snack will keep me for 5 hours!

Did you enjoy spirit besides the cranky lady? I always wonder about the little guys in this world.

UGH! Why did the guy pick in front of Lydia. Glad she was sleeping. Another great plus of the carseat! And why do people think it is okay to do things differently on vacation vs at home??? As in the carseat thing.

Okay, I better stop or I'll keep rambling about the carseat. I assume the fishing pole went on with no issues.
I knew I would have you at "carseats"!
Spirit was fine, I would definitely fly with them again. I was worried, since I was too cheap to buy pre-assigned seats, but then when I printed out the boarding passes the night before, we were all together, so that was really nice. They got us there safe and sound, so that's what I am most concerned about! Other than the goop on the seat, they were as comfy as any airline seats I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
So, I see my son is not the only one that sleeps with his ipod glued to his ears.....

That lady at the Spirit counter really does look grouchy..... and she really should've run a brush through her hair before coming to work!

Now I have to see these cars seats! Wanna post a picture so we can see why they would stir up so much commotion??
Yep, he always has those things in his ears! I am VERY impressed that you noticed that though!

Yes, that lady really should have been more well groomed before she came to work! can you believe it!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephres View Post
Yes, you forgot about the fishing pole update! What happened? Did they send you back? Confiscate them at security? I can't wait to hear!

The car seat thing bugs me too. Now, it's the front seat. Apparently ALL of Jacob's friends get to ride in the front seat. Not you, buster!
Oh man! I can't believe I forgot about the fishing pole! I will go back and update that part. I'll try to put it in a different color so you can all find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Ya and did you see that not only did she not brush her hair properly but she has little horns sticking out of the sides of her head. The completely clash with the the Spirit Airlines uniform. hmmmmm.....

Now this lady who felt compelled to talk to you in security and question the use of carseats.... ..... I would have chosen the completely sarcastic mode so I am impressed that you went with the higher road. You are so sweet!!!

OK glad you got there safe and sound.... May the trip begin!!!!
Oh, you guys are crackying me up about the Spirit lady!
I kind of surprised myself by taking the nice route too! Although, you know, I AM

TERESAJOY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
So what happened with the fishing pole????
Give me a minute, I'll put an update in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
I am so with you on the car seat issue! Nikki is 9 and only just 60lbs so I am so not ready for her to be out NO WAY! all her friends are out but so what! Even her ped said I could take her out but I am not ready I think she is too tiny. Same with Kyle NOPE! Thankfully my mom has car seats in Atlanta so we won't cart them on the trip since ours aren't airplane safe
I am so glad to hear that so many of my friends still use carseats for their older children!!! My Mom just bought a carseat that will hold Lydia and Tessa (but not at the same time ). Last night, my Dad went and picked the kids up for me after school (I had gone to Tessa's graduation and then just stayed at Mom's house for our Friday Pizza Night) and then when I went to go home, I didn't have to switch my carseat from their van to mine!

Last edited by teresajoy; 05-30-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #51
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Fishing pole update

As Brian carefully placed his beloved fishing pole into the gray box, and sent it on through the x-ray scanner, we all held our breath.
You could feel the tension in the air.

Would they accept it? Would they stop us?
Would 10 agents jump out and wrestle Brian to the ground for daring to bring such a thing onboard the sacred aircraft???
As the box slowly inched it's way to the scanner, we all saw that the security agent was taking a special interest in it.
We were on pins and needles...
Then, it happened
The security guard looked Brian square in the eye and said, "Sir, is this your pole."

Say NO Brian,
Say NO!!
RUN!!!! RUN!!!!
I'll cover you sweetheart, just RUN!

Brian ignored me and said, "Yes, sir that is mine."
Oh no, oh no, oh no!

I'm going to have to go on vacation with the kids all by myself while Brian sits in jail!!!

(Because there is NO way I'm cancelling MY vacation!)

You could cut the tension with a knife as the security guard drew in a breath and then said,
"I've been thinking of getting an Ugly Stick, have you been happy with it?"

PHEW!!!!

Brian briefly chatted with the security guard about fishing

and we were out of there!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #52
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

I love it when the cliff hangers come to happy ending! But please.... tell me you all went merrily on your way while pointing fingers and laughing at the people who told you it couldn't be done!
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 05-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #53
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
I love it when the cliff hangers come to happy ending! But please.... tell me you all went merrily on your way while pointing fingers and laughing at the people who told you it couldn't be done!
I'm glad you liked the happy ending Karen!!!
Unfortunately, I couldn't see the neigh sayers by the time we were all through! But, I was laughing and pointing in my heart!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #54
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Hey Teresa! I was a lurker on your last TR but now I have to just come and join in on the fun. It sounds like a, ummm..., interesting way to start the trip. That CM, though. Really rude. I wonder if she forgot to take her Disney magic pill the days she talked to you.
Well, welcome out of lurkdome!!(they should really have a smiley for that!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haganfam5 View Post
Hi Teresa!

Lookin good so far! You make me laugh, your too funny! You have such a lovely family and I think kids grow up way too fast too! Looking forward to more.
Thanks Jessica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Yay another trippie! We were there just after you!! Love your sense of humor!
Aww, I love people who love my sense of humor!!!
which, probably would explain why I have so few friends.....
Old 05-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #55
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
I'm glad you liked the happy ending Karen!!!
Unfortunately, I couldn't see the neigh sayers by the time we were all through! But, I was laughing and pointing in my heart!
You slay me!!
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 05-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #56
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

LOL! Well I KNEW he wasn't in jail; he came over to my house, but I enjoyed the suspense all the same.

You can carry on with your trip report now Teresa!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #57
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great update.I am totally with you on the carseats. All of my DD (5) friends are in carseats with the seatbelt instead of a 5 point harness. Hello, my DD is 43 inches and 37lb. She will stay in the 5 point as long as posssible. I think it was Jessica that mentioned the Mautilus-that is our next seat when she outgrows in one she is in-I got 3lb
Old 05-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #58
LouiesMama
Mouseketeer

Yay! Glad you ruffians made it through security with all your suspicious items!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #59
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephres View Post

You can carry on with your trip report now Teresa!
Thank you Steph!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update.I am totally with you on the carseats. All of my DD (5) friends are in carseats with the seatbelt instead of a 5 point harness. Hello, my DD is 43 inches and 37lb. She will stay in the 5 point as long as posssible. I think it was Jessica that mentioned the Mautilus-that is our next seat when she outgrows in one she is in-I got 3lb
Lydia is in the Nautilus now too. Arminda is in the Britax Regent. I think Arminda will outgrow it before Lydia needs to use it, but it's a pretty close race at this point. Arminda grows slooooowly and Lydia grows so fast! I was shocked that the Regent fit in those scanners and the Nautilus wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiesMama View Post
Yay! Glad you ruffians made it through security with all your suspicious items!!!

Yes, we are just rebels, aren't we!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #60
twob4him
DIS Veteran

my next question is....after all this trouble...did Bryan use the fishing pole at all????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: