Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

hehe, let me try to simplify it a bit:

1.)Denise offers to pick us up at the airport
2.)Denise gets a better offer and changes plans and makes us a reservation for a hotel (that we pay for)
3.)Denise's better plans get cancelled, she's picking us up at the airport again
4.)Denise's better plans are back on, but she is going to be home in time to pick us up at the airport
5.)????????????????

Last edited by teresajoy; 05-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Well, I started to read this morning and now just getting around to finishing up. I am interested to see how the whole Chicago deal turned out. Although I see you weren't left at the airport!

I hate bad customer service. I am more about the listen to what I am saying and make sure it doesn't happen again and your CM just doesn't really seem to care what you were saying it seems. I am glad you got some tickets. That cost disney nothing and more then likely got you to spend money! Not to mention the $12 it cost to park!

I can't wait to see more pictures, the few in your posts are so pretty. I need palm trees and sunshine and a little sand too!

Glad the cat situation got handled. Hope it went well.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
topdog
DIS Veteran

I am hook on this TR. I don't even want to pretend I know what FGIT or BBB stand for. But what really fascinate me is you have a SIL who is a nun on Facebook to chat with...

This is going to be more than interesting.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more! I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.
Glad I could help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Can't wait for more!

Arminda and Nicole would get along so well
Love the pictures!

So did the CM come through?????? I hate that so many had such an awful time at BBB!
I think they would get along too!!
You will just have to keep reading to see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post

I love that picture of Brian! He is such a kid at heart! Maybe I can borrow him when I go to Disney! No?

You had to go and make me cry, didn't you?

So THAT'S what Foxie looks like!

We spent a very large chunk of our day doing the BBB and the photo shoot. So, that lady was crazy saying it didn't really ruin our whole day. No, it didn't actually ruin our days because we have fun no matter what. But, the way they acted was really hurtful.

I can't believe what that guy at the kennel told you about taking cats! I would never even take my dog there after that!

I wanted to keep Teresa's cats in our basement (I'm VERY allergic to cats), but Henry vetoed that idea.

Even I'm confused about the plans to be picked up after Disney! I know how frustrating that whole situation was for you!
You are so good, you comment on everything I want you too!!!
I just love how excited Brian looks in that picture too!
I thought you'd like those pictures of Arminda.
Sorry to make you cry I was crying too!
I don't like people hurting my nieces and daughter's feelings! and that's what those FGITs did!
I know, I was shocked when the guy at the kennel told me that!
That was so sweet of you to try to talk Henry into keeping the cats in your basement!
Yep, that's what Foxie looks like, well he's a bit bigger now though!
Oh, that whole pick up not picked up picked up... uggh, it was not fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
ok...nuns have really become so more modern now!! I was about dying about a nun on facebook...who knew!
She is great! I love her! The first time I met her she tried to teach me to do the Hustle!!! She drives too! She wears a full habit though. She is a Carmelite nun, so it's a pretty strict order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm in! And I'm lost...this is why I shouldn't be reading this at work
Sorry Kristine!! Stick with me, hopefully it wil make sense soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Well, I started to read this morning and now just getting around to finishing up. I am interested to see how the whole Chicago deal turned out. Although I see you weren't left at the airport!

I hate bad customer service. I am more about the listen to what I am saying and make sure it doesn't happen again and your CM just doesn't really seem to care what you were saying it seems. I am glad you got some tickets. That cost disney nothing and more then likely got you to spend money! Not to mention the $12 it cost to park!

I can't wait to see more pictures, the few in your posts are so pretty. I need palm trees and sunshine and a little sand too!

Glad the cat situation got handled. Hope it went well.
Yes! That is exactly what I'm talking about with the BBB thing! I didn't even think about the parking! I hate that paring fee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I am hook on this TR. I don't even want to pretend I know what FGIT or BBB stand for. But what really fascinate me is you have a SIL who is a nun on Facebook to chat with...

This is going to be more than interesting.
Aww, thank you!!! BBB= Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and FGIT= Fairy Godmother in Training, the ladies that work at BBB.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Whew!! I finally made it!

Not only is Corey growing up.... but I can't believe how much Arminda is growing! She looks so beautiful in those pics you posted... why, she's turning into a young woman right before my eyes (and WILL insist on wearing nylons and make up before too long.... sorry to say it, but it's true! She'll want to shave her legs anyday now too!! UGH!)

You're lucky Heather is your sister. If it was me, I woulda said I wanted all the tickets for me! ANd she was even willing to sacrifice and put the cats in the basement for you! WOW! that's sisterhood for ya!

keep it coming- can't wait to hear more!!
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #21
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

So, on Monday night, May 4, we were on our way to Chicago!

Everything was going great!

Until our last exit:

See that car to the left of the semi?
The one going right on by the exit?
Yeah, that's us!

I convinced Brian that we should turn around, and he pulled off the highway.
I saw a nice hotel right of the road and suggested we pull in there to get directions.

Brian kept driving.

I saw another hotel,

Brian kept driving.

I saw another hotel (who knew there were so many interesting hotels in Chicago???)

Brian kept driving.

I saw ANOTHER hotel

Actually, Brian tried to pull in here,
I told him to

KEEP DRIVING!

Last edited by teresajoy; 05-30-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Brian saw a highway,

it wasn't the highway we had been on or a highway that our directions told us to go on, but Brian wanted to take it. I convinced him not to.
So,
we kept driving around downtown Chicago.

Brian kept saying things like
"I love driving!"
and
"This is so much fun!"

I was growing increasingly upset,

I just wanted to find the house and get us all to bed.

I finally saw a Fedex Kinkos.

I figured they should have a clue how to get someplace!
So, Brian pulled over and had me get out and ask for directions.
Thankfully, it was a nice area and the Kinkos was filled with some very nice people.
I can't say I wasn't a little worried to be walking into a place in downtown Chicago and telling them we were lost.

The first employee I asked didn't drive, so he directed me to another employee who gave me nice clear directions.

On the way back to the highway we needed, we saw the highway Brian had wanted to take earlier

so he kept insisting that he had been right and we should have taken that road.

I may have said something to the affect of,
"Yeah, if we wanted to go the WRONG way and drive around downtown Chicago FOREVER!"

Yeah, I might have said that,
but I was tired and can you blame me?

Finally, we found his sister's road!!
We had her address and were all set to pull into her driveway.
Just one little problem.

We didn't see any house numbers!

You know how in a NORMAL town there are house number near the road or at least on the front of the houses???
Well, not in this little neighborhood!
We drove up and down this very very narrow street several times and then Brian parked the car and started walking it to see if he could find the number!
He went up and down once and came back to tell me he couldn't find it, but he was going to look again.

After what seemed like an eternity, but was probably 10 minutes, he came back and said he had found it. The house numbers were on the side of the house, about halfway back! Crazy!

We chatted with his sister for awhile and she even made us supper.
Her housemate came home and had brought ice cream, so we had a little dessert too.

Her housemate was extremely nice and even told us to sleep in her bed for the night. We had planned on sleeping on the living room floor, but she wouldn't hear it. I think it was around 11PM when I got to bed. Denise was going to wake us up at 3AM her time, or 4AM "real" Michigan time.

A little while after we were in bed, Denise knocked on our door and came in.

She told us that her housemate had told her that she didn't mind if we came to the house after we got back from our trip and stayed there, even though Denise wouldn't be there.

I said thanks and then tried to comprehend what she had just said!

It was too late to worry about it, so I tried to get some sleep.

For those of you keeping track, here's how it looks now:
1.)Denise offers to pick us up at the airport
2.)Denise gets a better offer and changes plans and makes us a reservation for a hotel (that we pay for)
3.)Denise's better plans get cancelled, she's picking us up at the airport again
4.)Denise's better plans are back on, but she is going to be home in time to pick us up at the airport
5.)Denise is not planning on being home to pick us up.
6.)???????

Unfortunately, the last thing Denise had asked me was what time we needed to get up, and I had told her 3AM.

In the middle of the night, I woke up and was worried that it was getting too late.
So, I found my watch

and saw that it was about 10 minutes to 3.
So, I got up and started to get dressed.

At 3, I woke up Brian and then a bit later, woke up the girls.
Brian got the girls a bowl of cereal (Denise had told us that we could have some the night before).

I then went into the living room where Corey was sleeping to wake him up. I looked at the TV, which had a clock on it and that clock read 2:20.

Huh???
I was confused for a minute, then it dawned on me!!!

OH!!! SHOOT!!!

I had been thinking 3AM Chicago time, but had looked at my Michigan time watch!!! So, I had gotten up an hour earlier than I needed to!

Last edited by teresajoy; 05-30-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #23
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Oh Teresa....I never knew how historically funny you are...and I really needed a laugh tonight. Thank you, thank you for such a great start to the trip report...I am guessing at this point that a taxi is in order from the airport or you'll just drive yourselves??? I am thinking that Denise's plans will change 6 more times....and she'll be like...."Teresa...you went to Disney? Who knew?".
Great details about the kids and I am still so sorry about the whole BBB thing and follow-up. Really, is an apology possible these days? Alright, looking forward to more!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #24
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
she'll be like...."Teresa...you went to Disney? Who knew?".
I keep laughing everytime I read this!!
Denise is really a sweetheart, we've been friends since we were in 3rd grade together, but I don't think she really understands how seriously I take my Disney vacations or how stresful it was to me. I'm glad I can laugh now though!

The problem with the airport situation is that Denise is going with us in our van to the airport, dropping us off and then taking our car back to her house...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #25
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
Whew!! I finally made it!

Not only is Corey growing up.... but I can't believe how much Arminda is growing! She looks so beautiful in those pics you posted... why, she's turning into a young woman right before my eyes (and WILL insist on wearing nylons and make up before too long.... sorry to say it, but it's true! She'll want to shave her legs anyday now too!! UGH!)

You're lucky Heather is your sister. If it was me, I woulda said I wanted all the tickets for me! ANd she was even willing to sacrifice and put the cats in the basement for you! WOW! that's sisterhood for ya!

keep it coming- can't wait to hear more!!
Now you stop it right there missy! I can only take ONE child growing up at a time, ok?! Arminda is beautiful though, isn't she!

I am very lucky to have Heather for a sister!
My poor poor kitties...
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #26
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Teresa, you crack me up Looking forward to reading more!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #27
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

I am laughing so hard! Poor Teresa!

Thank you so much for the quick recaps of the Denise situation because I didn't understand it even at the time it was all happening. Now I *think* I've got it. Does she?

More please!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #28
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Wow! Look at all those super cool hotels! I must visit Chicago soon! LOL!

Glad you found the house, sorry about the up an hour early! Atleast you won't be late!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #29
minnie2
DIS Veteran

You could have called me I AM in Chicago I could have gotten you!!!! BUT NOOO you come to Chicago and don't even call! Not like I am bitter or anything?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #30
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Wow! Look at all those super cool hotels! I must visit Chicago soon! LOL!

Glad you found the house, sorry about the up an hour early! Atleast you won't be late!

YES YOU MUST!!! Of course I have no clue where any of those are but we could figure it out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: