Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #166
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Try having 2 two year olds and waiting over a half hour for the check! Can you say DISASTER? Our waitress came over twice to clean up a messy spill...when if she had just brought us the check we could have left so she could torture a whole NEW family!

In the future, we have dicded, when we are through eating, one volunteer will stay for the check and the rest will leave to have fun...sort of like a FP runner!
I had both kids by myself (3 and 6 at the time). They were getting VERY antsy by the time we got the check! Plus, we had a lady sitting next to us that kept moving over into my booth area so she could get better pictures of her kids. She was practically sitting on my lap (I'm being quite literal)!

Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #167
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

LOVE Lydia's outfit!

Crystal Palace is Tom's favorite character meal place too. We haven't eaten there is several years but the service is definitely hit and miss. How neat that you met Jessica!

I could definitely see Tom watching for a changing of the guard and sending the kids up to sneak more donuts. Very resourceful husband you have there!

Reading your trip report makes me a little sad because we are supposed to be there right now but couldn't because they blacked out the dates for Florida residents. Good thing I have great place to visit tomorrow!
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #168
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
I would say we must have had the same waiter as you...back in September...but ours was female...hopefully they are BOTH off when we go back in Nov/Dec! I thought you said this was finished..........?

(insert impatient mom tapping her foot...) JK!

Nini

They charge WAY to much for that place to have rude waiters! Especially rude waiters who don't DO anything!

Nope, not done yet! Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Do you think they told that lady to give each person only one doughnut, or was that her own personal ideal of what breakfast should be? I think it might have been her own personal rule!

Oh my gosh, Corey looks so much younger!! He's grown up so much in the last year! I KNOW! I was thinking the same thing as I was posting this!

LOL!! A "changing of the guard". Brian cracks me up!
He cracks me up too! He cracks himself up as well though...

The year of "Whatcha Got Because Frankly We Just Ran All Out Of Celebration Ideas"
I was hoping you'd like that!

How come you don't post "A's" full name and address? How cool that you found a stroller from Grand Rapids!
I have a picture of the nametag, but thought it was better not to post it!

I think I'd rather sit in the hot sun than sit through the Enchanted Tiki Room. That's really saying a lot coming from someone who can't bear the Florida heat.
I'd be sitting right there with you! Corey too apparently!

You've gotta rub it in that YOUR husband loves Disney, don't you?
Uh huh!

We've had some major issues with service at that place, both times we've been there! Our waiters were awful both times. On our October trip, we had to wait 35 minutes after we were done eating for the check!! The whoe time I was sitting there thinking about what else we could be doing at Disney instead of sitting and waiting!! The time before that, I wasn't brought a drink until 1/2 way through the meal, and no refills. Why don't they just let you get your own refills?
The service is not very good! I would much prefer to get my own refill!

You're still bitter about the October Pooh, aren't you?
Yes, yes I am!

I love pictures of Brian with Tigger! He's so cute! So is Tigger!
I agree!

So cool that you met Haganfam!!!
I KNOW!!! I was so excited!!!

What was that waiter thinking? I can't stand rudeness like that!!!
When he asked if I had left him a tip, I almost LOST IT!
Quote:
In the future, we have dicded, when we are through eating, one volunteer will stay for the check and the rest will leave to have fun...sort of like a FP runner!
That's a good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haganfam5 View Post
Hi Teresa!!! YAY!!! I am so happy you got to us! I may be a little biased but this is my favorite update yet! I am so glad you went back and added it. I love that you didn't have reservations and you got in anyway! It was meant to be, I guess we were supposed to cross paths.
I was so excited to meet you!

I have to tell you that you have me and my daughter rolling on the floor at the picture where you marked Jenna with a "THERE" . That is so funny! I can't believe you caught her in the background of one of your pictures! That is just hilarious .
I thought it was pretty cool when I was looking through my pictures and saw it! I'm glad you like the "there"!

Yes, that was Julia in heals!
She is so adorable! All of you are!
You and your family were just the sweetest. Your girls were so adorable and polite, too. I wish we had more time to talk. I am sure we could have went on forever! For now, I will remain grateful that I got to meet you and your family (and that you spotted us). I was so lucky and meeting you was a high-light of my trip. LOVE DIsney magic!
Awww, Jessica, you are so sweet! Thank you! I loved meeting you and your family too!

My husband even said to me when you walked away-"Look at that smile on your face now that you met someone from the Disboards." I then went on to explain to him that you were not just somebody. "Hunny, that was TERESA!!" I was a bit star struck and then explained to him that the thread that I love so much wouldn't be there if not for you and your sister Heather. The thread that I was on for months prior to our trip!
You are going to make me blush! Funny, my husband said just about the same thing to me when I went and sat back down! I was just giddy!

Thank you for this update, you brightened my day!
You've brightened mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I had both kids by myself (3 and 6 at the time). They were getting VERY antsy by the time we got the check! Plus, we had a lady sitting next to us that kept moving over into my booth area so she could get better pictures of her kids. She was practically sitting on my lap (I'm being quite literal)!
Some people act like you aren't even there, don't they!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephres View Post
LOVE Lydia's outfit!

Crystal Palace is Tom's favorite character meal place too. We haven't eaten there is several years but the service is definitely hit and miss. How neat that you met Jessica!

I could definitely see Tom watching for a changing of the guard and sending the kids up to sneak more donuts. Very resourceful husband you have there!

Reading your trip report makes me a little sad because we are supposed to be there right now but couldn't because they blacked out the dates for Florida residents. Good thing I have great place to visit tomorrow!
I thought you might appreciate Lydia's outfit!!! Thanks so much for sending that on to us! Lydia loved it!

Men are funny, aren't they! He is quite resourceful! I thought it was pretty funny that I didn't know about it until almost a year later too!

I don't know that coming to brown, muddy, everything-is-dead-right-now, Michigan compares to Disney, but I'm glad YOU think so!

Too bad you couldn't have come in May or late April, that's when everything is gorgeous here!

Last edited by teresajoy; 03-30-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: