Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #151
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
I will tell him! He did a lot of research on it before he made his decision. He let me take a picture with it today! He was showing me how the face detector thing works. Very cool! I wish you lived closer too! He was trying to convince me that he NEEDS a 50mm lens now. I told him I NEED to pay the taxes on the house!
It is a very cool camera! What lens did he get with the camera or does he already have - it usually comes with an 18-55 if you buy the kit.

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #152
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
It is a very cool camera! What lens did he get with the camera or does he already have - it usually comes with an 18-55 if you buy the kit.
I really have no clue!!! I think he told me that he is getting some sort of an adaptor so that he can use a bunch of old lenses that my Dad gave him. So, if that works he will have a nice collection.

And woo hoo!!! MY TR is opened back up!!!! I have to finish sewing flower girl dresses this weekend (for a wedding next week) but I hope to have a new installment up sometime next week. And, I hope to finish this before our next trip!!! Wish me luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #153
twob4him
DIS Veteran

You know its funny you opened this back up cause I was going to ask you about it the other day. I figured you dropped it cause you have been busy with other things.....I am so glad you are going to finish it!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #155
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Are we going to get a mini-TR from your recent quick trip too? I would love to know what you and Heather did, how it all came to be, etc.

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #156
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
I KNOW, I KNOW!!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Are we going to get a mini-TR from your recent quick trip too? I would love to know what you and Heather did, how it all came to be, etc.
I doubt it. It was a wonderfully magical trip though! I put some pictures on Facebook.

How it came to be??? Hmm.... how DID it come to be Heather??? On my end, my wonderful fantabulous sister called me up and said, "If I pay for your plane ticket, hotel, and park tickets, will you take a sister's only trip with me?" You see, how I MUST be bribed to spend time with my sister! I talked to Brian, he didn't say , "no". So, I called Heather up and told her to let's do it!

There were a lot of tears the morning I left though!

From me, not the kids. I have never left them before, so this was major for me!

Obviously, I was fine, and Heather and I had such a wonderful time! We may even do it again someday! I think we both thought three days was long enough though. Not because we were tired of each other, but because we missed our kids and husbands so much!

I have the next installment for this TR wrote up, but it was on the hard drive that decided to reformat itself a few weeks ago. Corey is recovering the information, I'll have to see if he's got that for me.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #157
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

Guess What???? I finished an update!!! Oh yeah!! I bet you guys thought I had abandoned the whole thing, didn't you!

So, Brian had gone fishing. I got up and started getting ready. Then, I woke up the kids. There was a free breakfast at the resort, so we didn't have to worry about that. All was going very well until I heard Corey yell.
"OUCH! Mom, I need some help!"
This, as most parents of a teenager know, is NOT a good thing to hear! I went out to the living room where I saw Corey sitting with his foot up.
Corey told me, "I think I stepped on a piece of glass."
I checked it out and there was in fact, a rather large piece of glass sticking out of his foot. So, I went to get my tweezers. Corey can sometimes be a bit squeamish about things like this, so he was nervous when he saw me coming with them! I assured him that I wasn't going to pinch him, just the glass.
The glass came out easily, but it was pretty big. I got Corey and Band-Aid and we continued getting ready. I was really hoping it would not bother him too much, because we had some WALKIN TO DO! :-)
Before I was done getting the kids ready, Brian came back and told me many tales of fish and ponds and how much fun he had. :-) Then I told him he smelled like a fish, so please go take a shower.
And, Brian was right, he was back and we were all ready to go in plenty of time. Corey and the girls walked over to breakfast while I was still getting a few things around, so I drove over in the van.
The breakfast consisted of ONE and ONLY ONE doughnut, toast and some juice and coffee. It was ok for a free breakfast, but the lady running it was guarding the doughnuts like they were made of gold!!!

"ONLY ONE, ONLY ONE. One doughnut per person. Do you have only one??? No, you have two, only one!!"
It was comical.
Here is Corey with TWO doughnuts!!!!! The rebel!

And, the rest of the family enjoying their ONE doughnut (each)

As we were eating I realized I had forgotten Lydia’s ticket, so I ran back to the room to get it. When I got back everyone was done, and amazingly we had leftover doughnuts. I'm not sure how that happened, but I had baggies so we stuck them in there to eat later.

Brian just informed me as he was reading over my shoulder, that while I was gone there was a "changing of the guard" as he called it! So, they went up in reverse order and each got another doughnut!

And, FINALLY we were on our way to Disney!!! WOO HOO!
We parked and were through the gates with record speed! Well, it didn't take TOO long anyway!!!
Look how excited Brian is to be at Disney!

It was Arminda's 11th birthday, so we headed to the Will Call window to pick up her free ticket.

I had my mind set that that is what she would be getting.
However, the MOST helpful CM tried to talk me into Fast Passes. I told her that we did not want Fast Passes. So, then she told us (Arminda was standing right next to me) that Arminda could have a $75 gift card to spend in the parks instead. Arminda's little eyes lit up and she was practically jumping up and down at that one! I tried to insist on the ticket, but Arminda was pleading and the CM was trying to talk me out of it too!
Finally, I pulled out tickets out and realized that we could in fact have enough park days without Arminda getting the free ticket. So, I relented and let her get the card. I'm glad I did, it made her really happy!
We jumped on board a monorail and were on our way!

As always I got teary eyed when the castle first came into view.And right now as I write this TR on the plane heading to Disney for our current trip, I am saddened that we will not be going to the Magic Kingdom this trip. :-(

(I wrote this installment on our October trip)
But, let's not dwell on that! Right now in my mind, I'm AT Disney, right?

Last edited by teresajoy; 03-29-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #158
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

We were finally through the gates and gazing down Main Street at the glorious castle. Teary, just teary, every single time I see it again!
Brian spotted a guy with a cart giving out buttons, so he went over to him and asked for Anniversary buttons, since we were celebrating our 20th anniversary that year. :-)What??? You don't celebrate your anniversary all year??
Thatís sad
Just sad...

Now, this is the year of, "Whatcha Got Because Frankly We Just Ran All Out Of Celebration Ideas" at Disney, so there were pins that you could write on to say what you were celebrating. Which is kind of cute. There were lots of people with pins on!
Brian and I proudly wore our pins on the whole vacation. :-)
Because we are cool like that.
We stopped for a few pictures with Pinocchio

and then headed down Main Street some more.

As we walked, we spotted this little show with the trolley car.

So, we stopped to watch.

Corey took some video
Old 03-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #159
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

As we headed down Main Street, Brian spotted Crystal Palace and said, "Hey, why don't we eat there for lunch?"
I explained to him how you needed ADRs to get a table there.
But, Brian insisted, “Well, just go check."
So, I did. Like I thought, there were no openings, but the CM told me to come back around noon to see if anyone cancelled.
I told Brian and I think he set his watch to make sure we'd be back! Brian really loves Tigger, so he's wanted to eat at Crystal Palace for awhile.
As we were leaving, I spotted a stroller with a Lime Green Mickey Head on it!! It was parked in front of Crystal Palace. I went over to investigate. There was no Dis username, but there was a name and address tag.

Hello A.... from Grand Rapids!!! We are almost neighbors! I hope you enjoyed your meal.
We headed over and got some Fast Passes for the Jungle Cruise.

Bran was worried because the return time was right when we were supposed to check back at Crystal Palace. I assured him that my Diser friends had told me that Fastpasses were good passed the designated time on the ticket. Thanks guys! :-)
As walked past the Dole Whip station, I spotted more LGMHs! AND! They had Wish tags too! So, of course I walked on over and said hi to them. I found out that this was not their Wish Trip, but they had taken one in the past. The Mom had a phone call, so I didn't get to chat much with her. It was fun to already have spotted TWO LGMHs!!!
The girls thought it would be fun to get squirted by the Tiki things, so we stood there for awhile letting them play.

Brian thought it would be fun to go on the Pirate ride next, so there we headed. I was sad that there was no one to scare on this trip. ;-) No unsuspecting guest that I could make believes that we were in for a big drop of a big soaking. Oh well, I can't win them all.;-)
Lydia does look a little worried though!

As we got off the Pirate Ride, we decided to head to Splash Mountain to see how long the ride was. It was pretty long, so we grabbed some Fast Passes for it and road on Thunder Mountain.
We had some extra time before our Fast Passes were good and before we were checking back at Crystal Palace. So, without MY consent, the family decided we would be going too.......
ughh, I can barely type it....
oK,

Ok,

I'll tell you
And, REMEMBER I went here under GREAT PROTEST!!!

The

Enchanted

Tiki

Room

under new management.

UGGH!!!

Double UGGH!

But, I took a deep breath and put on my game face and in we went.

As we were "entertained" by the preshow,

I spotted a little girl in a very cute Minnie Mouse custom. I searched for LGMHs but didn't see any. I didn't go up to them, but I wondered if they were Disers. And, if that was you, your little girl was adorable!!!
Soon enough, the doors opened and we were allowed inside. Lydia and Arminda were grinning from ear to ear as we sat down. I think they thought they were really getting away with something getting to go see the Tiki Birds.

Oh yeah, fun.

The show started and the girls REALLY got into it. I endured and Corey was visibly rolling his eyes! I think Brian laughed a bit.
When the show was finally over, the girls turned to me and said, "THANKS Mommy!!! That was so fun!!!"
Corey also turned to me and enthusiastically said, "Thanks Mommy!

For sparing me that torture for 17 years!"
Hey kid, I did what I could. :-)
Brian announced that it was now time to head back to Crystal Palace. (I love it that HE loves Disney so much!)
We had a few pictures taken as we walked on over. There was a parade going on, so the girls and Brian went to check it out.

About this time we noticed that we could go get new Fast passes, so Corey volunteered to run back to Thunder Mountain to get some. (He’s such a great kid!)

Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #160
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

I went up to the counter and asked about getting a table. I didn't hold out much hope, but I thought I'd ask.
I was very surprised when they told me that it would only be a 30 minute wait!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Of course right there with the excitement was the disappointment that the girls did not have special Crystal Palace outfits to wear!!! I have a plan for an Eeyore dress that I've wanted to make, but since we weren’t going to Crystal Palace, I didn't get it done. Now, I was REALLY wishing I'd made it!
Don't worry though; I was WAY more excited about getting in than I was about the disappointment of the outfits!!! LOL!
When Brian and the girls came back, they were excited to hear that we would be eating there. Of course, Brian "knew" we would get in. (Brian “knows” LOTS of things!)
We sat down to wait for a minute and they quickly called our name! Corey was not even back yet! So, the CM told us to come to the front when he got back. It wasn't long before Corey came walking back and we were able to go in.
It is so pretty in here!

When we got to our table we saw that they had made a heart for Brian and me out of Mickey Glitter!!! It was such a nice touch!

Our waiter came by and took our drink order and we went up to the buffet to start chowing down!

I have heard some very good reviews of the buffet, but I don't think they were on their game today. The food was only ok. But, it wasn't bad and EEYORE was here!!! MY favorite character! I was excited!!!
We were seated at the last table in the circle, so it took awhile for the characters to get to us. But, that was ok. we enjoyed watching them go around the room.
Our drinks still weren't there when we got back to our table, and weren't delivered for quite some time into our meal. Our waiter was, shall we say, less than attentive. The dishes piled up on the table and they were never cleared, and even though my glass was empty, I was never given a refill. The waiter really didn't do much of anything actually.
Our first character to approach was Piglet. He was really cute and we all got our pictures.

Pooh was next He was ok, not real great

Then was Brian's favorite, Tigger!

Tigger is GREAT!! We had a lot of fun with him!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #161
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!

This is when I spotted two little girls in Disney customs.

I noticed that the one little girl looked very familiar, then I noticed she was wearing heals!! I knew who this little girl was!!! This was a Disboutique family!!
When Arminda got up to get food, I told her to see where the girls were sitting. I didn't want to frighten the girls by following them myself.
Arminda came back and told me where they were. So, I got up and headed on over to the family.
It was Jessica, Haganfam!!! We were both excited to meet fellow Disboutiquers! We chatted for a minute and then went back to our tables.

However, I kept wishing I had taken pictures! So, Brian told me to just go back over there! So, I did! And, we took a few pictures to share with you all!

Jessica and her family were really sweet, and I was so happy to get to meet them all!
When I got back to our table, Brian was using the restroom and Corey decided to go get some more food. Our check had been delivered while we were gone as well.
One of the CMs came over to us and said, "Have you seen Eeyore yet?" I told her that we had not. So she told me,
"Get all your stuff and come with me."
I asked her if we could just leave our items at the table and she said, "No, you have to take it with you.Ē
I told the CM that my son was still eating. She tried to insist that we had to leave the table, but I insisted that we finished eating. She became rather irritated and told us to come find her when we were finished.
Brian came back from the bathroom and I told him what had happened. He was as confused as I was. Once Corey was done eating, I left the payment (cash) in the little folder and then went to find the CM so we could see Eeyore!

Eeyore was cute as always, but he was pretty rushed. We didnít get many pictures.

As we were leaving, Brian asked me to take his picture next to the Tigger topiary.

As we were about to leave, our waiter came rushing up to us and told me in a rude voice that I had not signed my receipt. I told him that I didnít realize that we needed to sign it, since we had paid with cash. He was quite rude as he told me that it didnít matter what I paid with, I needed to sign the receipt.
(Iím sure there is a reason for this, but I canít figure out what it is. Could someone enlighten me?) THEN, the CM asked me if I had left a tip! This is the same waiter that had virtually IGNORED us while we were dining! I informed him that I had left a tip in the folder.
I was upset by the attitude of the waiter, and I wish our visit here hadnít ended on such a sour note. But, we still had a fun time, and were excited that we had actually gotten in with no ADRs!
Up next??? Hmm... I have no clue; itís been almost a year! Iíll have to look through my pictures!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #162
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I would say we must have had the same waiter as you...back in September...but ours was female...hopefully they are BOTH off when we go back in Nov/Dec! I thought you said this was finished..........?

(insert impatient mom tapping her foot...) JK!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #163
HeatherSue

Do you think they told that lady to give each person only one doughnut, or was that her own personal ideal of what breakfast should be?

Oh my gosh, Corey looks so much younger!! He's grown up so much in the last year!

LOL!! A "changing of the guard". Brian cracks me up!

Aww....how special that Arminda got the gift card!! I wish we could do that with the GADGAD tickets!

The year of "Whatcha Got Because Frankly We Just Ran All Out Of Celebration Ideas"

How come you don't post "A's" full name and address? How cool that you found a stroller from Grand Rapids!

I think I'd rather sit in the hot sun than sit through the Enchanted Tiki Room. That's really saying a lot coming from someone who can't bear the Florida heat.

You've gotta rub it in that YOUR husband loves Disney, don't you?

Oooh!! What a great picture of Crystal Palace! That first one is so pretty!

I love the food at CP. But, I never get much of it because the line to get to the buffet is always so long- I never make more than one trip!

We've had some major issues with service at that place, both times we've been there! Our waiters were awful both times. On our October trip, we had to wait 35 minutes after we were done eating for the check!! The whoe time I was sitting there thinking about what else we could be doing at Disney instead of sitting and waiting!! The time before that, I wasn't brought a drink until 1/2 way through the meal, and no refills. Why don't they just let you get your own refills?

You're still bitter about the October Pooh, aren't you?

I love pictures of Brian with Tigger! He's so cute! So is Tigger!

So cool that you met Haganfam!!!

What was that waiter thinking? I can't stand rudeness like that!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #164
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Try having 2 two year olds and waiting over a half hour for the check! Can you say DISASTER? Our waitress came over twice to clean up a messy spill...when if she had just brought us the check we could have left so she could torture a whole NEW family!

In the future, we have dicded, when we are through eating, one volunteer will stay for the check and the rest will leave to have fun...sort of like a FP runner!

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #165
Haganfam5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
This is when I spotted two little girls in Disney customs.

I noticed that the one little girl looked very familiar, then I noticed she was wearing heals!! I knew who this little girl was!!! This was a Disboutique family!!

It was Jessica, Haganfam!!! We were both excited to meet fellow Disboutiquers! We chatted for a minute and then went back to our tables.

Hi Teresa!!! YAY!!! I am so happy you got to us! I may be a little biased but this is my favorite update yet! I am so glad you went back and added it. I love that you didn't have reservations and you got in anyway! It was meant to be, I guess we were supposed to cross paths.

I have to tell you that you have me and my daughter rolling on the floor at the picture where you marked Jenna with a "THERE" . That is so funny! I can't believe you caught her in the background of one of your pictures! That is just hilarious . Yes, that was Julia in heals!

You and your family were just the sweetest. Your girls were so adorable and polite, too. I wish we had more time to talk. I am sure we could have went on forever! For now, I will remain grateful that I got to meet you and your family (and that you spotted us). I was so lucky and meeting you was a high-light of my trip. LOVE DIsney magic!

My husband even said to me when you walked away-"Look at that smile on your face now that you met someone from the Disboards." I then went on to explain to him that you were not just somebody. "Hunny, that was TERESA!!" I was a bit star struck and then explained to him that the thread that I love so much wouldn't be there if not for you and your sister Heather. The thread that I was on for months prior to our trip!

Thank you for this update, you brightened my day!

Facebook: MommyMade Boutique / Haganfam5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: