Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
petestulipbug
Earning My Ears

Just got back! Still drying out!

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations on loops for our trip this weekend. Unfortunately we did not get any of the requests...We still had a great time despite the rain, water every where, and a not too appealing site in the 1900 loop. This is the first time we stayed in this loop and I have to say, I don't really like it. The slants and drop offs on the sites make them very narrow and crowded. Of course when you add all the water, it makes it worse!

All and all, it was a great time! The golf cart from TeeTime was a blessing!

We are hoping to make it back for the 4th of July!
petestulipbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
devores
Mouseketeer

I agree, the 1900 loop should be avoided. With all of the water, we had no usable space in our site. I had to perform circus acts just to get to my grill so I could cook dinner and my poor dog had no where to go without swimming. I hope Disney upgrades these sites because they are horrible.
devores is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
RocklandRVers
Mouseketeer

We were there May 16th - 21st in 1905. Agree that 1900 is not as nice as it used to be. The lack of vegetation has caused the place to erode away with the heavy rains. We managed to have fun at the parks even with the rain. My teens could care less about getting wet. Plus it was my birthday on May 20th. No way I was going to let some rain spoil my fun at Epcot.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
stacktester
DIS Veteran

I've never gotten 1900 and I doubt I would accept a site in there. I think pine straw is great to deter erosion, so why they don't put more in is beyond me. The site we had at Ginnie Springs was pretty private. It reminded me of the old days at the fort when the sites were like a cave. Wax Myrtles are and palmettos are both native to Florida and provide privacy. I wish they's do some expeimenting getting the sites back to more private.
stacktester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
DisneyBishops
Fort Veteran

I will not stay in 16, 17, 18 or 1900 again. I agree the sites drop right off and this weekend they dropped right into a lake. I made them move us and they moved up to 226. While all the loops had some water our site was high and dry. A couple of the sites were close to having water. I know Disney can't stop the rain and this was an unusual amount of rain. The worst thing i saw was on 600 where the water was over the sewer drain. I would thought Disney would have been pumping that right away. That would be some nasty standing water.

Anyway it was the worst trip to the fort we have ever had. Not Disney fault though just because of all the rain and storms.

Anyway we have ressies for Labor Day so hopefully it won't be as wet then.

On a good note the splash zone was open and I went down the slide..It was so much fun i will be doing it everytime i go except Christmas.

Go Phins its gotta be better than last year

Dan B

DisneyBishops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBishops View Post
The worst thing i saw was on 600 where the water was over the sewer drain. I would thought Disney would have been pumping that right away. That would be some nasty standing water.

Wow, that is surprising! Maybe they will rename 600 to Dysentery-Malaria Circle. Pretty unsettling!
Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
bigdisneydaddy
wife, kids, camper, beer, tickets. everything else is extras.
Has highly placed influential friends at FW

The sewer and storm drains are seperate, although its not the cleanest water, storm drain water should disipate by gravity, running into the drainage canals.
bigdisneydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Tiggntaz
Keeping an eye on Tigger

So far I think the worst site was Daddy's Cool TV's site. I stopped by and spoke wiht him for a litte.

He had ducks bathing 3 feet from his MH and he had to put the slide in to use the grill. Told me he had 3" of standing water of the whole pad when he backed in.

He was in the back on the 300 loop. Over by that dirt road that says no carts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: