Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #751
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am sure your customers will be forgiving and understanding of your first few days. If the dogs are good, they will be back! And, I'm certain the dogs are good because you are drawing the crowds - word of mouth travels fast!

I'll keep watching the Food Network for your appearance!!!

Loved the MMM pictures too - the group shots are great!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #752
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Oh gosh! Our new hot dog restaurant has been covered up since Friday! I know that sounds like a good thing, but we were not prepared for the crowds to be this BIG. We are hopeful that our first customers will be forgiving for the amount of time it is taking us to fill their orders. It is INSANITY. I've got to double my staff immediately.

Anyway, I will respond to everyone as I get an opportunity. I just wanted to let you all know that B.F. Dawgs is open for business.....and I haven't rested since! (I've actually LOST 6 pounds in the last 4 days.)

More pictures from the Mammoth May Meet coming up.

Alan
THRILLED for you! Seriously, success couldn't happen to a nicer family! But BF Dawgs better not come between you and your TR!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #753
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

GREAT report so far! I just got thru all of day 1. I appreciate your advice on the WCC, to save it for a not so tired day...lol! Looking forward to when I can sit and read more

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #754
ph-mtl
Mouseketeer

Hi Alan,

Best of luck with your restaurant. There is such a large choice to choose from. Enjoying your Pictures and TR Report.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #755
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your success Renfroes!!! Wish I were near enough to come and eat!! Looking forward to more trip reporting when you can!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #756
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sounds as though your restaurant is a huge success, congratulations
Old 07-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #757
crocko
DVC Member

Alan, did you survive another weekend?
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #758
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdsnynt View Post
I know where Greenwood and Greenville are. Is Olive Branch close to either of those?
Yep, most grandmothers are in favor of a law that grandchildren should be required to live no more than two hours from their grandparents! We don't mind if the parents live there too!
Not really close to those. We live at the very top of the state in the Northwest corner. It is good to know that grandparents will still tolerate their own children.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #759
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that your hot dog business is going well. I hope it keeps up and you can keep up.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #760
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in Alan!! The Hot Dawg Business mus be Great !!!Either that or you are buy practising your next entrance into Epcot on the wire wearing a TuTu !!! Then Ellen could post a ITSA pix of you!!! We could compare the ITSK ad the ITSA!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #761
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Not really close to those. We live at the very top of the state in the Northwest corner. It is good to know that grandparents will still tolerate their own children.
Well, darn. I guess I am going to have to get out a MS map and check this out!

Well, yes, I do manage to tolerate my son, but sometimes, he makes it difficult! Such as, when I babysit for them so they can have a night out (when I go see the little whippersnappers!). He leaves me a list of "reminders" of do's and don't's! Did he forget that I raised him and he turned out just fine? Anyway, as soon as they are out the drive, the list goes with him! More or less! We do the important things, like no candy for meals, no jumping on the furniture, no setting fires, etc. But the silly rules (like not wearing your swimsuit in the house). Hey, that's a dumb rule so we just kinda forget that one! DDIL is okay with enforcing the main rules, just DS that's a stickler. I get my share of lectures! My rule of thumb is, enforce the rules that will get DGD in trouble when I leave because I don't want her to get in trouble and make her life difficult after I am gone. I think both her parents probably know that's what is going on anyway! It's just really hard when the other set of grandparents get to see the grandkids several times a week. They really don't know how lucky they are! Not complaining about them, they are very nice people and they raised a great daughter. I truly love my DIL. Sorry, OT.

Alan: great success I see. Couldn't happen to a nicer family!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #762
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Alan,

So glad to hear that your restaurant opening was a complete success. I guess I missed your website link somewhere. Post it again please 'cause I wanna come look.

I love love love the photopass picture of the meet.
Thanks! Sure - here is the web address: bfdawgs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great MMM pics. There I am with that yummy drinl. Oh Yeah! Glad the opening went so well. Hope the hiring goes well.
LOL!! Yeah, I thought you would get a kick out of that picture! Those Orange Grand Marnier Slushies are awesome on a hot day!

It certainly was a pleasure getting to meet you and your family. Thanks for the great wishes on the restaurant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
So happy for you guys that the opening was such a success!
YAY! Things are going well with the restaurant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Congrats Alan on the Great Grand Opening!!!! Hope you continue to do well.
Thanks! I'm hoping we continue to do well also. So far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Alan- sounds like the opening was a HUGE success. I am THRILLED!
Thanks, Christine. We figured in these tough economic times you can at least count on these things: (1) people have got to eat, (2) people have lifestyles that require them to eat out frequently, (3) people are more likely to eat out if there is an inexpensive product. So far, it seems to be working well! We are already discussing the possibility of building another B.F. Dawgs in another college town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Congrats on your opening!! Looks like you'll be able to afford an extra Disney trip or two!!!
Well, we'll be paying off debts for quite a while, but afterwards....WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Alan that is so great about the opening!! I checked out the website & it is great!!! I will take a Smokey Mountain Sundae please. That sounds so good.
More great pics of the meet.
The Smokey Mountain Sundae has been a hit so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez View Post
Alan,

Don't forget to post some pics of your restaurant's opening!!

Regards,

Luis
We have been so busy, we haven't even taken any pictures! I will get some and post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Congratulations on your opening weekend success!
Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & E love WDW View Post
How wonderful that you are having so many customers. You must be doing a good job marketing to have drawn those crowds. Hope things smooth out with staffing etc.

It was very nice to see the large group you had for your meet. I can't believe that you still found time to post the pictures.

Keep up the good work on the TR. Definitely looking forward to more!!!
Well, I don't know about the marketing aspect. One of the cool things about living in a small town is that EVERYBODY will try something new. SO, we are seeing that initial surge of folks who are just curious to experience the new restaurant in town! That being said, we have had numerous repeat customers already.

Although it is tough to find time to do everything, this report WILL CONTINUE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Alan, so stoked for yo! although I knew it would be a success! Congrats infinity! and wow that is a Mammoth size pic!
What's up IUM! Thanks for the well-wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad215 View Post
Congrats Renfroe Family! Happy to hear opening weekend was a success! Can't wait to see a picture of the Pittsburgh Dawg when it's a special! Pixie Dust wishes for continued success!
Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Alan and Family, congratulations on the huge success of opening weekend. This is great news! Wishing you continued success.

Thanks, Kathy! We are very excited...but tired!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #763
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Alan: I think you hit on a perfect product - hot dogs. Can't go wrong with those! Almost everybody loves them or at least can find some type they can eat with the menu you have! Congrats again! Don't wear yourself down too much!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #764
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirb1214 View Post
I told my husband last night that he's going to have to stop by one day when he's in Jacksonville. He works in Alexandria and so he frequently gets a salad at the Rocket but I told him he's gonna have to stop by for a hotdog one day! Congrats on being SUPER busy!
Thanks very much! Tell your hubby to be sure to let us know he's the one from the DISboards - i just think that is cool! Oh, and if you like the Rocket, you should try the Memphis dawg. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucci818 View Post
I'm so happy for you and your family! May your success continue! Loved the pics of the meet. Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks very much! More of the report is on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Congrats to Team Renfroe on their opening weekend !! Looking forward topix of the Opening !!!!
YAY! Thanks Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am sure your customers will be forgiving and understanding of your first few days. If the dogs are good, they will be back! And, I'm certain the dogs are good because you are drawing the crowds - word of mouth travels fast!

I'll keep watching the Food Network for your appearance!!!

Loved the MMM pictures too - the group shots are great!
Thanks Brooke. Since that first day, everything seems to be coming together much better. We still don't have it all figured out - but at least we are doing a good job of faking it! You are right about word of mouth - we've been getting a lot of folks from other restaurants coming in because their customers have been telling them about good our hot dogs are! That's cool!

Oh, I SOOOOO want us to be on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives! We are a total dive, complete with decopage tables, vintage Coca-Cola items, and root beer floats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
THRILLED for you! Seriously, success couldn't happen to a nicer family! But BF Dawgs better not come between you and your TR!!!!
Thanks, Kara! We are very thrilled for all of this to be happening. As busy as we are, we VOW to not let life get in the way of our DISboarding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
GREAT report so far! I just got thru all of day 1. I appreciate your advice on the WCC, to save it for a not so tired day...lol! Looking forward to when I can sit and read more
Thanks a bunch! The report will continue after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph-mtl View Post
Hi Alan,

Best of luck with your restaurant. There is such a large choice to choose from. Enjoying your Pictures and TR Report.
Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Congratulations on your success Renfroes!!! Wish I were near enough to come and eat!! Looking forward to more trip reporting when you can!
Thanks, SunnieRN! More on the report is coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Sounds as though your restaurant is a huge success, congratulations
Thanks, DisneyJo. So far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Alan, did you survive another weekend?
Survive is a very accurate word. It was insanity, but in a good way! Our original plan was to have a staff of about 6 or 7. We hired our 15th employee yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I am so happy that your hot dog business is going well. I hope it keeps up and you can keep up.
Thanks very much! To quote early R.E.M. - I am (I am), I am Super Man, and I can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in Alan!! The Hot Dawg Business mus be Great !!!Either that or you are buy practising your next entrance into Epcot on the wire wearing a TuTu !!! Then Ellen could post a ITSA pix of you!!! We could compare the ITSK ad the ITSA!!
Too hot in Alabama right now for a tutu. Perhaps a thong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdsnynt View Post
Alan: great success I see. Couldn't happen to a nicer family!
Awww....thanks!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #765
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Chapter 9 - A surprise character!

So when we last left off, we were all having a wonderful time at the Mammoth May Meet. Ellen had arranged for a PhotoPass photographer and a group photo of everyone. And in true Disney-Magic-Fashion, Disney had arranged for a special character to come to the meet!

The Mammoth May Meet turned out to be a huge success! It was like a big family reunion....only without the your cousin Eddie showing up! We had a wonderful time meeting everyone and it really brought the DISboards to life for us.

When we were getting our group photo made, there were actually passers by that were taking pictures of our group as well! I think they thought we were famous or something! I tried to take a picture of other people taking OUR picture!

After having a great time at the meet, several of us decided to walk to the U.K. for a beer at the Rose & Crown. Jason (colinsdad) made good on a promise and bought my first beer - a Guiness, of course!

Here are a few pictures of our group at the Rose & Crown:

From left to right: Lonnie, Cammie (camster0307), Ellen (podsnel), Kara (below Ellen) (karajeboo), and Jason (colinsdad).

My son, Wil, took this picture for us. From left to right: JohnEric, Lonnie, Cammie, Ellen, Kara, Jason, and me.

Wil was such a good sport, Cammie insisted that we take a picture of him taking a picture of us!

For about a year now, we've been reading Cammie's trip reports. My daughter, Juliana, thinks that Cammie's youngest daughter, Lauren, is the greatest thing EVAH!! She was SOOOO hoping to meet Lauren....but Cammie of course was on the DIS Mom's Gone Wild trip, sans children. Anyway, Juliana insisted on buying Lauren a gift and having Cammie take it back to her. We made sure to get a picture of Juliana and Cammie holding up the photos of her two daughters, Amanda and Lauren.

Lauren, being the polite young lady that she is, wrote Juliana a very nice thank you note and mailed it to her. It thrilled Juliana to DEATH!!! She is all about this DISboard thing! We are hopeful that we can meet up with Cammie sometime when the girls are with her. Of course, we are hopeful that we get an opportunity to meet up with EVERYONE from MMM again! We really met some wonderful friends!

After saying goodbye to everyone, alas it was time to leave the group and continue our vacation.

Coming up next - dinner at 'Ohana....and LOTS of it!

Alan

Past trip reports:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: