Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #31
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

great report, wonderful pics!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #32
Stormhawk
Earning My Ears

Congratulations on the happy union! Great report so far.
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #33
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post
WHOA>>>>>

She doesnt' drink... she doesn't ride Everest... and you Married Her Anyway??

Yeah, but he tortured the poor girl by making her endure the chili dog in Stitch's Great Mistake....er....Escape.

I'd probably want naps, too. So I am totally down with that.

Todd, those pics are fantastic. I had forgotten how gorgeous Epcot looks during the Flower and Garden Festival.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #34
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRichmond View Post
I can understand "sleeping in" on a honeymoon, but 6:15pm!!!
Oops! Type-o

Disney Trips: (19 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009 (Stone Harbor Club!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #35
CAJUNWDWFAN

Day #5

Day #5 Thursday 4/30/09, warm and sunny

So this day we had a busy schedule so we had to get up at 6am to make it to our ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:05am. This is Brandi's favorite place for breakfast. I would have preferred Chef Mickey's but we'll eat there next time we go to WDW. We made the ADR so early so we could be one of the first people inside MK. It was really neat to see the park empty. The only people in front of us were going to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast.

So we checked in to Crystal Palace and was seated about 5 minutes later. We arrived at our table to see this.

Very nice. We really like the food here for breakfast and we love the character interaction.

Omlette for me

An assortment of food from the buffet. The puffed french toast was excellent. I think that is what you call it.

Of course we got some pictures of us with the characters.

After our wonderful breakfast we headed to Fantasyland to ride attractions there. We ended up riding Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Snow White's Scary Adventure, and I rode the Tea Cups. We didn't ride Pooh or see Philharmagic. Again Brandi has trouble with 3D movies.

Once we finished Fantasyland we headed over to ride Haunted Mansion, Liberty Belle Riverboat, and Big Thunder Mountain. We both love Big thunder Mountain.

So it was time for lunch and I wanted to make sure I had a hot dog from somewhere at WDW. I wanted Casey's but Brandi is alergic to Hot dogs so we had to find another place where we could each find something. So we ate at Cosmic Rays. It was pretty busy. I had a hot dog with chili and Brandi Had chicken nuggets.

By the time we finished lunch Brandi was ready to head back to the room to rest since we had ADR's at California Grill at 7:20pm. I rested with here for a little while but returned to the Magic Kingdom at 2:45pm to meet up with some of the guys with the WDWNT (Walt Disney World News Today) Podcast. We met to watch the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade and watch the castle forcourt show, Dream Along with Mickey. both were great and It was nice to meet up with the guys.

Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #36
CAJUNWDWFAN

Smile Day #5 Continued!

So after watching the two shows I returned to the room to get dressed and ready for dinner at the California Grill! This was both of our first time dining here. We were delighted with the decor. While we waited for our table I got us a couple drinks at the bar. I got a bloody mary and Brandi got a 7 Up with cherry juice. Non alcohol for her.

We were then seated at table right at the window. It was a fantastic view.

Brandi was looking over the menu and questioned the waitress about the menu and if certain items had nuts or nut products in them. Brandi is alergic to food with nuts. So this eliminated many items for her, bread, croutons, ets. Lots of things at the Cali Grill may not have nuts in them but the place where the ingredients were proccesed also processed peanuts.

We ordered each a caesar salad for appetizers since the oven that cooked the flat breads was broken. bummer I was looking forward to eating one.

We also both ordered the oak fired filet. Again I forgot to take a picture of the steaks but they were really good. Cooked perfectly. Brandi had them put the BBQ sauce on the side. She substituted the asparagus for more potatoes. I substituted my asparagus for mushrooms. Yummy.

After we ate our dinner, the waitress offered us some champagne to celebrate our honeymoon but unfortunately I don't like champagne and Brandi doesn't drink. So she was going to offer us a complimentary dessert but to contained nut products so instead they brought us a card congratulating us on the honeymoon. I did however order some sort of caramel apple tart. It was pretty good but not the best.

By this time it was almost 9pm time for Wishes. We went out on the observation deck and it was already full but we managed to find a spot next to the door which was good for Brandi, she is afraid of heights. I'm surprised that she didn't freak out when we went outside but I guess we were close enough to the doors that she could run in if she got too scared. The fireworks were amazing from the observation deck. What a great way to end a great day!

Next edition of this trip report is day #6 Hollywood Studios 20th Anniversary!
Wow the trip is almost over! NO!!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #37
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Such a bummer about the oven that cooked the flatbreads being broken b/c those are freakin' delicious! There is always next time! I can relate to the fear of heights on the observation deck...just imagine the wind blowing and being able to feel that thing swaying in the wind(maybe it was just in my head, but I swear I felt it moving) and me and dh were all the way at the very end the furthest away from the door you could get (he wanted us to have a good view...obviously he missed the memo on his lovely wife wigging out about heights.) It was worth it! Cali grill and wishes is the perfect evening!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #38
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Beautiful pictures. What camera do you use? (Sorry if it's been asked before and I've overlooked the question.)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #39
CAJUNWDWFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Beautiful pictures. What camera do you use? (Sorry if it's been asked before and I've overlooked the question.)
Sony DSC W-80 is the camera I use.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #40
crocko
DVC Member

Some beautiful pictures.

Three I want to ask/comment about:

1) The picture of the castle from Main Street where the flowers are at the bottom of the picture. Of a oft-photo'ed landmark, that picture is BEAUTIFUL.

2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad pic....I have a similar looking pic as my wallpaper that I found from allears.net Where did you have to stand to get that pic?

3) Fireworks pics from observation deck. Again, wow....amazing pics!
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #41
CAJUNWDWFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Some beautiful pictures.

Three I want to ask/comment about:

1) The picture of the castle from Main Street where the flowers are at the bottom of the picture. Of a oft-photo'ed landmark, that picture is BEAUTIFUL.

2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad pic....I have a similar looking pic as my wallpaper that I found from allears.net Where did you have to stand to get that pic?

3) Fireworks pics from observation deck. Again, wow....amazing pics!
1. Thanks, I try to take some different angles when possible. I've been going to WDW for many years and I don't want the same old shots. Most of the time I don't have the time to slow down and take those pictures. But at that time I was by myself. So I could take my time. Most of the time I think of shots I could have take after the fact. One day I'll get me a digital SLR, then I'll really be able to take some good photos.

2. this one was taken I believe from the que, waiting to ride BTM. Sometimes the cast memebers open up different sections of the que, I guess the area I was in shows this view.

3. Thanks, It's very difficult to take pictures of the fireworks with my camera. I must have take about 30 pictures and only 3-4 came out decent. Actually I wish the castle would have been more in focus, it's blurry.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #42
CAJUNWDWFAN

Day #6 Added!

Day #6 Friday 5-1-09 Sunny and warmer

Day #6 was a mix of Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom

Today they main goal for me was the 20th Anniversary of Hollywood Studios. When I fould out that HS was to turn 20 years old on May 1st and that I'd be there I was really excited! I was sure Disney would have some sort of tribute/celebration. WDW Celebrations had planned a fan community celebration that day called "Studio 20" They were the guys involved in Epcot's 25th Anniversary and Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary. Brandi wasn't comfortable meeting strangers in the parks so I planned to go to park opening and take in some of the festivities associated with the anniversary and she would meet me later for lunch.

So I woke up at 6am. I quickly got dressed and headed to Captain Cooks to grab a quick coffee and cheese danish! I love those things! Then I took a bus to Hollywood studios to make it there for opening at 8am. I arrived to see some of the WDW Celebrations people already there with other regular guest.

I ended up meeting a few disney podcast celebrities Nathan Rose from Magical Mountain.net and the Magical Definition Podcast. I also met and talked with Matt Hochberg of StudiosCentral.com and WDW Today Podcast. I also met Lou Mongello of the WDW Radio Show podcast and autor of the WDW Trivia Books. All the guys were very friendly.

The opening ceremony was nice. To celebrate the 20th Anniversary there was special merchandise which included a T-Shirt and 4 or 5 limited edition pins. I picked up on a couple pins but didn't get the shirt. Hollywood studios was also serving a special cupcake at Starring Rolls. The WDW Celebrations group had a schedule of events for Friday and Saturday which included Scavenger hunt, ride meets and group photos. One main event I wanted to catch was a special interview with three Imagineer on the creation of the park. Tom Fitzgerald, Eric Jacobson, and Bob Weis spoke for about a hour on the creations and development of MGM Studios at the time. They even hinted that Sorcerer's hat may be coming down in the future.

Before entering this presentation I went over to Toy Story Midway Mania to get a fastpass for later.

The presentation was very good. After the presentation I was schedule to meet up with Brandi. We then went get Brandi a fast pass for Midway Mania so we could ride later.

I'm not sure of the particular order but here is a list of some of the attractions we rode. Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (Brandi had never seen this show), Great Movie ride, I rode Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster, and Midway Mania.

So after doing a couple things on the list that I just mentioned we went eat lunch at Sci Fi Drive Inn at 12:15pm. This was Brandi's first time eating here, I had been there before.

We both had the burger but I got a "Comet" drink. It was great.

So after lunch we continued the touring of the park. Our fastpass for Midway Mania wasn't until 3pm so after riding that we decided to return to the hotel and rest before going to MK for dinner.

Oh on the way out of the park we stopped by Sid Cahuenga's to answer the movie trivia. We got them correct! and received a magical moment certificate.

After resting at the hotel for a little while we took the boat over to Magic Kingdom. Other than the monorail the boats are a close second as far as transportation is concerned.

WE walked around MK a little before it was time to eat. We watched this guy on Main Street blowing glass. Very cool.

So we checked in at Tony's Town Square for dinner at 7:30pm. We were quickly seated and ordered. Our food came out very quickly. We ordered salad and Chicken Parmesean. It was really good and they served us so much food that we could have shared.

After dinner we walked around and took some pictures while waiting for the fireworks.

We then watched Wishes from the Tomorrowland bridge and got a couple pictures take with photopass during the fireworks. They came out really nice.

Once the fireworks were over we decided to go ride Big thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion at night before the park closed at 10pm. Big thunder is a totally different experience at night from riding during the day.

On our way out were were hungry so we picked up a couple ice cream cones at the Plaza.

What a great way to end the night.

Next to come: Day #7 Downtown Disney and Epoct wrapup day.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #43
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Will you be posting your photopass pics? Thats so awesome that you were there for the 20th anniv. Very cool! Love all the pics and how cool to get a photopass pic with the fireworks...bet that was awesome!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #44
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Great report!! But you left out some important details....

Scores for TSMM????!!!!????!!!!

1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #45
CAJUNWDWFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Will you be posting your photopass pics? Thats so awesome that you were there for the 20th anniv. Very cool! Love all the pics and how cool to get a photopass pic with the fireworks...bet that was awesome!
We ordered the photopass CD and we are waiting for it to come in. I should be able to post some of the pictures once I get the CD in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: