Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
Always dreaming of Disney
MommaMouse411's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,400

Perfect 4th of July Celebration

I'm still in Disney mode...even though I'm at work and have tons to do..I just want to tell you DISers, my son and I had such a great time...everything fell into place for us...here's how our week went...

July 2nd, THursday, we started out at the Polynesian Resort for Ohana's character breakfast with Lilo/Stitch/Mickey/Pluto...that was awesome...will I do Ohana's again..eh maybe...I like the Buffets better (this was family style)..but it was still alot of fun..My son is only 1years old but hes very smart for his age...and loves all the characters...he is only weirded out by Pluto...I think its his big nose/mouth...but he was so excited to see Mickey and Stitch...he even try to chase Mickey when I took him out of his seat...we paraded around the restaurant with the characters and my son was just happy to have a maraca in his hand..it was so awesome. From there we headed to Hollywood Studios...It was packed..and the skies looked ominous! Did it rain..yes..but only a little bit...it was really hot and muggy..but my son and I stood inside most of the time..we saw the UP characters! long wait but it was worth it! We took pictures with all the characters and saw the parade...the only complaint I had about HS is the baby center..it is sooo small, and there's no attendant there...We also had dinner at Hollywood And Vine..it was really good..I will definately go back to have dinner there...Fantasmic..what an awesome show! We waiting for 90 minutes even though we had the priority seating but I was worried because the park was packed!!!

The second day we went to Magic Kingdom...we took the Ferry to the Kindgome instead of the monorail..I thought that was awesome..we took character pictuers with almost all the characters..it was so awesome to see my son go up to them and KISS them and hug them. I really utilize the fast passes that day..and was able to go on all the age appropriate rides with my son..the only one we didn't do was DUMBO...but there was always a line when I had time to go...we also had lunch at the Crystal Palace...this place had good salads, and characters were great...definately a place I would want to eat again...the 4th of July firewors were really nice..we saw the begining of it on the Aladdin ride..how awesome was that...the whole day was nice...it was hot..and I ended the day standing in a long line to see Mickey and Minnie...I shouldn't have done it...my son was wanting to be on the floor and getting cranky again..but I had vested 30 minutes before he went bizerk...anyways..its all funny story to me now...he made friends with everybody who was standing in front of us..the hardest part of this day was leaving the park!!!!...I thought I would take the Ferry back..the monorail line was soooooooo packed...but the ferry was just as packed..so I walked back to the monorail line..except I walked towards the left to the other monorail and got on the train in like 4minutes!!!! that was awesome until I saw the line for the tram stop!! That was an adventure in itself because I had the huge stroller but people were nice enough to help me...

so on saturday, the third day...we had an adr at CHEF MICKEY"S at 7am...yea right..I got home at 1:30am...and I tried to wake up at 5:45..instead slept through the alarm and woke up at 6:45...I was soo disappointed so I got on the phone and called WDW DINE to see if there were any cancellations...but...we got into the Akershus Princess Breakfast (which worked out because we were doing epcot that day)...and that was great..we got a free picture with Belle! the only place that does complimentary photos!! then Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins...annnnnnddddd Cinderella!!! it was a great breakfast...and great time..My son looked at all the princess like he was in love..lol..snow white even kissed him on his forehead and he had her lips on his forehead!! how cute is that!! but epcot was like empty...we had the park to ourselves till like 6pmish...we only did a couple rides..but we saw all the characters in less than 15minutes...it was awesome...we ate at Coral Reef, the beef RIB...it was gooood..but I wouldn't eat there again...I was still hungry after I left...lol...the park got packed after 6pm..and it was a bear to get a good place to watch the Fireworks...so long story short...I found a good spot and what a display of fireworkds..you can see HS & MK fireworks as well...but the 4th of July salute was WOW incredible...I am definately going back to EPCOT for 4th of July.

on sunday, I woke up early to see if there was a character breakfast at Tuskar house..(mind you I just like the buffets!! its easier for my son and I too eat at buffets...we can take our time and the food is always there)...but I went online and saw that CHEF MICKEY"S had a 9:40am spot!! so I reserved it!!! how awesome was that!!! it was a great place to eat...food was good...cheesy potatoes were my favorite..my son loves the waffles...and it was so cute to see the characters in their Chef uniforms...we headed to Animal Kingdom after that..and it was just a leisure day so we again, saw all the characters and went to Rafiki's planet...we also played in the campground at Mickey and Minnie's Camp...Meeko, Brother Bear, and Chip n Dale where there and my son was having a ball..>I really wished I was able to bring my camcorder as well...next time...but there was only a couple kids there so my son got alot of attention...I was so happy to see him laughing and playing...we had early dinner at Flames BBQ or something like that...not bad for $10 (half a chicken, baked beans, and coloslaw)..we saw the parade..and not my favorite parade..but we saw it twice just because the route we took to get out of Africa was through Asia...anyways...we ended the day around 5:30pm..and headed back to Tampa....I was sad to leave..but am excited for our October halloween trip...I already have so many ideas for that week...its ridiculous!!

The other stuff: It was a little hard to have to carry my son and bookbag with me all over the place when we were in HS & MK, since we couldn't bring strollers inside the attraction lines...I tried it and it was more frustrating when people took FOREVVVER with the characters...Its like they want to take 100 pictures of the kids, then themselves then the whole family...I mean I understand it...majority of these folks to get to go to disney but one time in many years...but it was just so hot and my son is just so active its hard to get him to stay still for an hour!! but I only did the hour long wait twice...and I vowed I wouldn't wait no more than 20minutes after that...I brought 6 bottles of water, food for my son and me snacks all in a small cooler each day..I brought a change of clothes for myself and my son...which we needed!!! the heat was disgusting all week! I had to bring the big travel stroller...so those things are bulky and don't fit in the tram...I have to lift it high and put it on the seats...people were probably getting pissy with me and saying o wow I can't believe you are here by yourself with your son...but its only my son and I...I don't have a DH..so I didn't care if I had to suffer back pains while holding my son..although..he did get cranky and that's when I would get antsy..but anyways...I figured we would make it through the week..and we did. We used the baby centers often..thank Walt for those...and I spent about $360 on food and merchandise...overall the disney trip was awesome...my grandmother passed away the week before and we buried her on the 29th of June...so I think she was watching over us and nudging the Lord to allow us to have a safe and perfect holiday...

the one sad story...the death of the monorail driver...I was wondering what happened when I was at Chef Mickeys...the monorails were shut down for the day...and they told me there was a very bad accident...come to find out this morning..the driver died...young guy too...bless his family....

thanks for letting me post my story...
MommaMouse411 is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrating A 5th Birthday with Mickey & Rain,May 2009! Completed.. kaysmommie Completed Trip Reports 822 08-21-2009 09:14 PM
July 12 2009 ON THE WONDER lakerz5 Disney Cruise Meets 250 07-20-2009 08:39 AM
July 18 2009 Tortola - Part 2! noahsmom Disney Cruise Meets 3729 07-09-2009 03:46 PM
Q6 July Easy Quiz**updated with answers** jns UK Community Board 13 07-09-2009 05:51 AM
Interest thread-ATC swap #2 Sign ups July 9th 10am Michi Belle Swaps 52 07-09-2009 12:26 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.