Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
DLRme
Earning My Ears

Smile Disney-like parks in your area

Hello! I just wanted to see how many Disney-like parks thats out there. I mean some places that you can see that are inspired from Disney. You can also post pictures of the parks

So I'll start. We have a park in Stavanger(Norway) that has the name Kongeparken. It is actually my work place, and I love the place! It is so like Disney because it has Norway's biggest collection of characters, and even more to come. It also has a big castle and even a small "Main Street".

Walt: There´s the point. Mine won´t
DLRme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

I can't think of anything that compares to Disney and I'm sure a lot of people on here are probably thinking the same thing. Perhaps the closest I can think of, on its level of cleanliness, theme, professionalism and quality of shows would be Busch Gardens in Williamsburg (not Tampa). Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

That said, there are some parks that I like BETTER than Disney for certain things....Cedar Point in Ohio has far better thrill rides and Knoebels in PA for affordability, for example.
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Alice28
DIS Veteran
I'm Doombah Frickin Butt, nice to meet you!

I've only been once, but I was impressed with Bonfante Gardens in Gilroy, CA. Lots of very pretty theming, tons of flowers/trees, and cute rides that were themed after Northern California. Like teacups shaped like artichokes, another ride that was garlic bulbs, strawberries, etc. Really a cute park!
Alice28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
BeccaBellePA
Mouseketeer

I live really close to Hershey Park, and I think they try to be like Disney. Character candy bars walk around, and they do special Halloween and Christmas night events, but it's not even close. I used to get season passes to Hershey Park, but just can't deal with poor planning, rude employees and $4 bottled water.

Ain't nothing like the real thing! I'm all Disney!
BeccaBellePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Disneyland is my local theme park!
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

I live near a place called Holiday World in Santa Clause Indiana. It doesn't hold a candle to Disney. I can barely go there anymore.

We went to a Six Flags a few summers ago and the whole time I wished I was at Disney.
MusiqChic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBellePA View Post
I live really close to Hershey Park, and I think they try to be like Disney. Character candy bars walk around, and they do special Halloween and Christmas night events, but it's not even close. I used to get season passes to Hershey Park, but just can't deal with poor planning, rude employees and $4 bottled water.

Ain't nothing like the real thing! I'm all Disney!
I agree. They also have "onsite hotels" with transportation. However, Hershey park was around long before Disneyland so I wonder if Disney ever looked at Hershey to see what worked and didn't in those early days.

It is a very nice park and lots of fun, but nowhere near Disney standards. Financially it would be next to impossible though, given the limited operating season it would have due to weather.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
I agree. They also have "onsite hotels" with transportation. However, Hershey park was around long before Disneyland so I wonder if Disney ever looked at Hershey to see what worked and didn't in those early days.

It is a very nice park and lots of fun, but nowhere near Disney standards. Financially it would be next to impossible though, given the limited operating season it would have due to weather.
IMO, the thing that separates Hershey from Disney...enough to keep me away from Hershey altogether....is their complete lack of any crowd control whatsoever. Geez, I've tried going every day of the week you can imagine and it is always mobbed. I know Disney can be mobbed, but they do have a knack for moving people around in a controlled way or entertaining people while they wait (or preventing waits altogether, ala Fastpasses!)

It was a good example, but I'm so jaded toward Hershey. It's my childhood park, I love it, but I can't stand it anymore!
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
items, parks, pictures, your area

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: