Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #16
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

My Dh and I went for the weekend for my birthday last April and left the kids at home. Of course being canadian I wasn't able to get the same discounts you got. But nonetheless it was great for two of the reasons you have mentioned.

1)As a Mom I don't usually make much of a fuss about myself and enjoyed it.
2)We took the time to do adult things at an adult pace without having to worry about pleasing the kids.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #17
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Charming View Post
As you may recall dearest, disagreeing with ANY assessment documented by the King is strictly forbidden!! I rule my kingdom with an iron fist! Now to the back of the line with you and we'll hear no more of this nonsense. (If it's alright w/ you dear).
Hmmmmmm... the cast iron is still all packed up from the last camping trip. Now what shall I use..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
I'll be riding from now on.
Yippeeeee!!!!!! His feet really were a mess. I hate to see him feeling so bad because quite honestly, despite all the terrible teasing we do of each other, he really does treat me well and is a wonderful, wonderful man!!!! I was like a little kid at Disney thoroughly enjoying all the new stuff. I think I may have caught him kind of roll his eyes when I said we had to go through the standby line at Toy Story Midway Mania but I'm not 100% sure. He stood in line for 30 minutes for me to ride Peter Pan. He's just absolutely wonderful to me!!!

Now ... now that that's out of the way, I'll go back to my normal snarky self. Can't let his head get as big as Mickey's hands, you know.

[QUOTE=King Charming;32221920]I thought it quite ironic when I found the black box rodent traps around the property; seems Mickey doesn't like the compitition.[QUOTE]

Yeah, those were hilarious!!!!! The one by our room was right there out back by the little pond where the gator was. I think KC put it best when he reminded me that some people pay hundreds of dollars to stay in a room that allows them to see animals as soon as they wake up in the morning (AKL). But my baby gets them for me for a reasonable price!!! Ain't he wonderful!!!!!

Quote:
I got the greatest Grumpy T-shirt ever, better than "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey". This one says "Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice".
Yep, that's my man!

Quote:
And finally, as a great man said not so long ago, 'You can only spend a dollar once, memories last a lifetime'.
Ain't that the truth!!!! I lost my Daddy when I was 15 and it's not the things he gave me that I remember but the times... playing baseball out in the yard... the trip to Biloxi to visit his brother.... the time he put a fish down my kid sister's bathing suit.... the times he'd sit in his chair and "turn into a monster" and scare us until my mom would fuss at him.... (see... I was well trained at a young age).... the tickle fights. Yep... it's truly the memories that last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
** need photos and it was hard to tell, did you lose your video camera? I hope not.
I'll get some photos up in the next message. I understand that I've been falling down in my duties and sincerely hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Yes... the video camera is lost. We have a habit of flipping the little bar on the door that replaced the chain lock (remember those?). This keeps the door open while we go out to have a smoke. But it also allows folks to peek in the room. So as we took a break from packing up to leave, we put a pillow over the camera so no one would peek in and see it laying there on the bed right by the door. Well..... we didn't do as good a job of checking on the room as we should have and the pillow never got moved again. We figure the camera went in the laundry with the sheets. KC has tried lost and found a couple of times but no luck. Bummer, too!!! Now I've got great video of Jammin' Jungle and Block Party that I can't see because I can't finalize the disk. And that probably wonderful video of Illuminations was on there too and that's probably one of the best spots we'll ever have for watching it. Guess I'll just have to continue to be a member of D23 so I can participate in the next dessert party they put together.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
Hypermommy

Okay... so it took me all day to get things organized over at Photobucket. I had to resize each picture individually. Gotta find out if there's a bulk way to do this. Anyway... you asked for pictures ... be careful what you wish for!

KC at checkin

KC buying our tickets... bet it's some of the quickest few hundred dollars he's ever spent!

I like the flags that are up everywhere. Definitely like the balloons "What Will You Celebrate" motif better than the funky junk they had on the monorail for the Year(s) of (several) Million Dreams.

Ahhhh... we're on the bus and headed to the parks. Time to relax

Since it was a leisurely trip (no kids) we actually had time to spend in the Oasis in AK. We had a great time exploring all the little side paths and such.

Here's our host, KC's beloved buddy the Mouse, in the Jammin' Jungle Parade

See... it wasn't all that crowded.

Don't mess with the Yeti!

More pics to come tomorrow including MK for EMH, DHS and, my personal favorite, Epcot!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Hypermommy

As promised, more pictures........

After AK, we went over to MK for EMH. As we strolled up Main Street heading for the bakery I made Jim stop by the wooden indian for a picture that I'd always wanted.

Wishes!!!!

CoP 2009... actually everything we did this night was a classic... Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, POTC, Small World and Peter Pan. I don't remember anything else but it was really wonderful to spend the evening enjoying the classic attractions of the MK.

Okay, now it's King Charming's actual birthday. Look at the grin on that mug!!!!

Here's one of the few pictures you'll see of me. I'm usually behind the camera. But my man treats me like a princess!

Potato Head was GREAT!!!! I loved the entire TSMM ride and wish we'd had time to do it again. But I wanted to get to Epcot too so it was a tossup. But it was a great ride - great concept and excellently executed. And it's very nice to see Disney making the queue and experience too!

Okay, so maybe an army of two

Okay, that's enough pictures for now. Next up... Saturday Epcot for King Charming's birthday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: