Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #76
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #77
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
YEA!!! We're so excited!!! Look for us in the terminal!!
You all should look for OlliesMomma in the terminal. She shouldn't be too hard to spot. She'll be the one wearing the Ollie pin that is the size of a frisbee. You could eat a steak dinner off of that thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
That is awesome that you feel that way about your wife. There are not many DHs like you! I have one and I thank God for him everyday!
Aw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
I had read the same thing about the Baths tour on other trip reports. I can't wait to see what you guys think as well. This is one of the things that has drawn me to this trip.
This is one of the things we are most excited about. We're going to make every attempt to document our adventure in video, still photos, and in writing so I'll do my best to report the findings upon our return. We've been looking at YouTube videos of the Baths from others and it just looks like such a beautiful and unique spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesMomma View Post
I am THRILLED to report that I found the buttons for our Ollie fans. They will start production later this week and will be completed in time for our sailing on the 20th!!
Once again... thanks, all. I've always wanted to spend the week before my sail away vacation working an assembly line in the blistering heat within the crawl space under the stairs, working my fingers to the bone, cutting pictures with nothing but a dull butter knife and a penlight, and assembling buttons for Ollie's fans. Hopefully this chaffing from the dog collar around my neck and chained to the wall will heal before June 20th. But thanks honey for that 2 minute break you gave me about 13 hours ago so that I could lick some dog hair from the shadowy corners of this small dark space. The protein allowed me to remain working for you so these can get done.

BTW... TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY KIDDING. Just in case I have some massively literal readers out there who are not totally down with my sense of humor! There is no need to call the authorities... or to cheer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesMomma View Post
Are you ever going to post that photo of us in our flippies for all YOUR fans out there??
All in good time... all in good time!

So just a quick update on the festivities...

It is now official... I am off of work until June 29th!

Here is a picture of the calendar that hangs at my desk at work:

Isn't that the most gorgeous thing? And the theme of June couldn't be more perfect! Surfboards and fish and palm trees and... square crab. And those two glorious weeks coated in a magical blue sharpie sheen!

Just to illustrate for you the level to which OlliesMomma's excitement has elevated as we draw nearer and nearer to the cruise... the other evening we had fettucini for dinner so she placed a nicely sized dollop of noodles oozing with decadent alfredo sauce on her plate in a neat and near perfect circle. Then she placed two rolls on each upper corner of the square plate then let out a shriek of glee as she stared down at the hidden fettucini Mickey Head she had created.

Sorry, no picture to back that one up.... you'll just have to trust me.
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #78
anetnmike

LOVE THAT!!!!!
That's the way to get in the spirit before the cruise! I doubt the chef's on the ship could have done any better!
Happy start of vacation RV!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #79
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

WOOOOHOOO Week away dance..... and officially on vacation dance.... yeah YOU!... sucks for us LOL
Old 06-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #80
Smileneyes
Father & Son Cruisin' Buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WOOOOHOOO Week away dance..... and officially on vacation dance.... yeah YOU!... sucks for us LOL
Drea, we'll miss having you on board! And thanks again for your spreadsheet...I've been keeping it updated and passing out to our gang. It'll definitely come in handy!
Disney Wonder - June 2005 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2006 (7 night Western) HAL Zuiderdam - August 2006 (7 night Alaska Interior Passage) Disney Wonder - June 2007 (4 night) Disney Wonder - June 2008 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2009 (7 night Eastern w/Tortola) Disney Wonder - June 2010 (5 night Double Dip AND 4 night back-to-back) Disney Wonder - June 2011 (7 night Alaska) Disney Dream - September 2011 (B2B) Disney Fantasy - July 2012 (7 night Eastern) Disney Fantasy - December 2012 (7 night Western) Disney Fantasy - December 2014 (7 night Eastern) Disney Wonder - July 2015 (7 night Alaska)

Smileneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #81
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Good Morning All...

Just a few miscellaneous updates for today...

First of all, my lovely bride alleviated a potential crisis this morning by insisting I call and confirm my tuxedo rental for Formal Night next week. I ordered a tux over a week ago online, but never received a confirmation email. So she insisted that I call and check to be sure it was okay, so I did, and well... it wasn't okay. They had no record of my order whatsoever, and the representative that I spoke to was very rude, so I just placed the order over the phone. Good thing I still had the slip with all of my measurements on it!

Also, the other night we had a bit of a production that had absolutly nothing to do with the cruise or cruise planning, but it was sadistically entertaining so I just have to share. The other night, around 10pm, my wife came in from taking a bag of trash outside and when she came back in I noticed a gecko next to her on the wall above our big living room picture window, and he was not offering to save us money on car insurance. His little sucker feet were scurrying diagonal up the wall to the crease between wall and ceiling. Well when I pointed it out, she starting flailing about and running to the other side of the room as if Godzilla's tongue had burst through the front of our house to give her a little lick.

Being the loving husband that I am... I laughed.

What ensued over the next 30 minutes I can not possibly recount with any justice to the events that took place. I can tell you that it included a piano bench, a grill spatula, and tupperwear. Picture chaos. Picture Paul Blart meets the 3 Stooges meets Adam Sandler all trying to exorcise a malevolant spirit from a living space. The outcome: a missing gecko. He was in our sights for awhile, but then... nothing. He just disappeared, and then my wife promptly said she'd never sleep again. If a hero emerged from the spectacle, it was our 16 year old daughter who fought valiantly, but to no avail, for the beast triumphed and disappeared. That was two nights ago and we haven't seen his slipperly, slimely little tail since... maybe the next owners of the house will find a little gecko skeleton during a remodel.

So other than the tuxedo incident, we doing pretty good... the bedroom is becoming more and more full of odds and ends that are eventually going to be going into suitcases, and the lists are getting shorter and shorter!

FOUR DAYS!

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #82
Smileneyes
Father & Son Cruisin' Buddies!

Maybe Ollie is the true hero...perhaps he scared away (or ate) the gecko?

Disney Wonder - June 2005 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2006 (7 night Western) HAL Zuiderdam - August 2006 (7 night Alaska Interior Passage) Disney Wonder - June 2007 (4 night) Disney Wonder - June 2008 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2009 (7 night Eastern w/Tortola) Disney Wonder - June 2010 (5 night Double Dip AND 4 night back-to-back) Disney Wonder - June 2011 (7 night Alaska) Disney Dream - September 2011 (B2B) Disney Fantasy - July 2012 (7 night Eastern) Disney Fantasy - December 2012 (7 night Western) Disney Fantasy - December 2014 (7 night Eastern) Disney Wonder - July 2015 (7 night Alaska)

Smileneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #83
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

OH the horror!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
Good Morning All...

Just a few miscellaneous updates for today...

First of all, my lovely bride alleviated a potential crisis this morning by insisting I call and confirm my tuxedo rental for Formal Night next week. I ordered a tux over a week ago online, but never received a confirmation email. So she insisted that I call and check to be sure it was okay, so I did, and well... it wasn't okay. They had no record of my order whatsoever, and the representative that I spoke to was very rude, so I just placed the order over the phone. Good thing I still had the slip with all of my measurements on it!

Also, the other night we had a bit of a production that had absolutly nothing to do with the cruise or cruise planning, but it was sadistically entertaining so I just have to share. The other night, around 10pm, my wife came in from taking a bag of trash outside and when she came back in I noticed a gecko next to her on the wall above our big living room picture window, and he was not offering to save us money on car insurance. His little sucker feet were scurrying diagonal up the wall to the crease between wall and ceiling. Well when I pointed it out, she starting flailing about and running to the other side of the room as if Godzilla's tongue had burst through the front of our house to give her a little lick.

Being the loving husband that I am... I laughed.

What ensued over the next 30 minutes I can not possibly recount with any justice to the events that took place. I can tell you that it included a piano bench, a grill spatula, and tupperwear. Picture chaos. Picture Paul Blart meets the 3 Stooges meets Adam Sandler all trying to exorcise a malevolant spirit from a living space. The outcome: a missing gecko. He was in our sights for awhile, but then... nothing. He just disappeared, and then my wife promptly said she'd never sleep again. If a hero emerged from the spectacle, it was our 16 year old daughter who fought valiantly, but to no avail, for the beast triumphed and disappeared. That was two nights ago and we haven't seen his slipperly, slimely little tail since... maybe the next owners of the house will find a little gecko skeleton during a remodel.

So other than the tuxedo incident, we doing pretty good... the bedroom is becoming more and more full of odds and ends that are eventually going to be going into suitcases, and the lists are getting shorter and shorter!

FOUR DAYS!
I'm sorry "lovely bride" but that is just hysterical! We have gecko's all over the place all the time and yes, you will find a carcass all dried up somewhere when you move the refrigerator for a dusting in the back (yes you are supposed to do this) - or something equally gross. It's funny what "critter" sets us into a state of panic, for me it's spiders... snakes I can handle and do - including rattlersnakes at the stables where we keep our horse... but I've seen tarantula's and I swear to God they've kept me away for MONTHS from a place... I'm glad you lists are getting smaller and hopefully you'll receive your TUX before you have to leave!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #84
anetnmike

He probably slipped out during all the fuss and he's in your neighbor's house watching you guys from a window.
When I lived in Fla the things that creeped me out the worst were those hideous XXXL roaches they call by the ridiculously polite name "Palmetto bug"

glad to know the tux issue is sorted out! that is better to know now than later! Olliesmamma is a smart cookie!
ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #85
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

RV - don't know if you will see this or not - but have a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #86
anetnmike

If you guys check this before you go...have an amazing time! Thanks for all of the fun we have had so far and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures -in true RV style- when you get back!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #87
anewmac

Ollies mom I would have been the same way!

RV and family hope you all have a GREAT TIME.. have a drink for me LOL
Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #88
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Itís here, itís here, itís finally here!

We made it, and I canít believe it. I am currently sitting in my bedroom among luggage and stacks upon stacks of clothing, and my feet are currently soaking in a warm bath in prep for my first ever home pedicure. Yes folks, the Royal Vizier is having his feet bathed and beautified and filed and whateveríed by the wonderful and beautiful OlliesMomma. After all, such a howdy-do has been made about my newly purchased flippies that my feet better look as stellar as possible inside of them.

So we officially launched our vacation this evening by going out to dinner at P. F. Changs (one of our favorites) where every flavor of chicken was represented at our table. We had Sesame, Sweet & Sour, Spicy, and Orange. Itís all about the bird in our familyÖ birdivores we are.

Hereís the spread:

My daughter was ever the refined young lady as always:

And I demonstrated just to what level my excitement has hit on this vacation eve:

And we alwaysÖ. ALWAYS have to demonstrate our mad chopsticks skills:

I particularly love how it appears as if the chopstick is shooting straight out of OllieMomma's nose. Optical Illusion I assure you. She was not harmed in the shooting of this photo!

After this we walked over the Cheesecake Factory and got cheesecake to take home for dessert. Now, on the way home things took a goofy turn. Friday Night 80ís was on our favorite radio station and we did a little car seat dancing to Dead of Aliveís You Spin Me Round. That song always causes a bit of hip and head coordinated movement, I mean really! Actually in my wifeís case it was more of a jerking kind of flailing thing. Iím surprised an ambulance didnít pick up on us and become concerned that someone was having a seizure within the automobile.

So when we got home it was cheesecake time! I am in a wonderful cheesecake rut, always getting the same: the 30th Anniversary slice:

It was sumptuous and left me feeling warm and happy and sick. I had to practice gorging myself so Iíd have a really good handle on it for the next 7 days. Iíd say I did a pretty darn good job!

So again, now here I sit having my cuticles pushed and toes filed and massaged with lotion and getting my feet all flippy friendly. Lord my wife must love the crap out of me! Note that I have no pictures of this occurrence!

So itís time. Writing (and re-reading) the first entry of this pre-trip report cursed me to relive the events of this last year of our lives. I has pained me to watch my wife suffer through all of this strife and turmoil, and I felt helpless to say the right things and to comfort her, and to be there for her as a steady head and a steady heart to hold her up.

We pray for this week to be everything we hope it is going to be. We pray that a sense of relaxation descends upon us as we cross the gangplank into that glorious atrium and that renewal bursts forth from some deep well within us once we sail away from reality and into an ocean of opportunity. We pray for rejuvenation, for fun, for peaceÖ for a new outlook to what comes next for us in our reality. For a positive mental attitude when we debark the ship and leave fantasy behind us high up on Deck 9. We pray for all of this as we prepare to lie in bed this evening wanting sleep but most likely only laying wide eyed wondering about the adventure yet to come.

Here's to hoping that my fortune cookie was truly meant for me this evening:

Thanks to everyone for sharing in this first vacation stage with us, and hanging in there as we planned and dreamed. So now itís time for the main event. So Iím signing off of here to be sure the notebook is set where I can get to it in the morning. Copious notes will be takenÖ photo and video documentation will be takenÖ and in a weeks timeÖ it will be time to begin again and shareÖ

The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea!

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #89
anewmac

Enjoy! and have a drink or 10 for me LOL
Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #90
anetnmike

well said RV!
it's 11:10 am Florida time and I hope you guys are walking across that gangplank and leaving reality behind right now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: