Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
No worries! We will get a few photos of RV in his flippies to post! That can be the proof!
Hm... a potential stalker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2bmickey View Post
I seem to stub my toe too much with the open types.
Thanks for the warning!

Wow... who knew that the star of this Pre-Trip Report would be my feet and what they are encased in.

So just doing a quick check in before my wife and I head out for the day. Somehow I ended up with a four day weekend off of work so we are going to make the most of it. The lists are in hand, the flippies are on (really, I promise they are), and we're venturing out into the world for a few things. Items for today are:
  1. Tapes for the video camera
  2. Getting measured for a tux
  3. Ordering the tux (renting, not buying)
  4. Lunch with friends
  5. Figuring out where we can get a photo button made (yes folks, the crazy, weeniedog-obsessed wife is going to have an Ollie button made to wear while we're on the ship so that he can "always be next to her heart" )

So yea, this is my first real excursion out into the world in my newly purchased flip flops. So I have the emergency medics on speed dial, and the wife has bandages in her purse with the To Do List, so I think we're set to go!
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic

Upcoming Sailings:
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Last edited by RoyalVizier; 06-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #47
Smileneyes
Father & Son Cruisin' Buddies!

Does this new outlook on the shoes mean you are no longer "a gutless flip-flopper"???

Lookin' forward in 2 weeks to getting pix of those feet in action on the Magic as well!
Disney Wonder - June 2005 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2006 (7 night Western) HAL Zuiderdam - August 2006 (7 night Alaska Interior Passage) Disney Wonder - June 2007 (4 night) Disney Wonder - June 2008 (4 night) Disney Magic - June 2009 (7 night Eastern w/Tortola) Disney Wonder - June 2010 (5 night Double Dip AND 4 night back-to-back) Disney Wonder - June 2011 (7 night Alaska) Disney Dream - September 2011 (B2B) Disney Fantasy - July 2012 (7 night Eastern) Disney Fantasy - December 2012 (7 night Western) Disney Fantasy - December 2014 (7 night Eastern) Disney Wonder - July 2015 (7 night Alaska)

Smileneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #48
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

I'm not a stalker, I promise!
I won't be anywhere near the Wonder until November.
I just think it's great that you have made the big step to flippies!

LOVE the button close to the heart idea- it's brilliant!
I think that we all know that the real star of the pre trippie is Ollie. Sorry RV.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #49
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Just read through your report, you are going to have a fabulous time, it sure sounds like you guys need it too!

You are going to love Tortola and The Baths. I was on the 5/23 cruise and we did the excursion to The Baths and loved it! Word of warning though, do not attempt to wear your brand new flip flops when going through the caves. It is best to go barefoot or wear water shoes. You need really firm and steady footing in there and flip flops just won't do it for you.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #50
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
I think that we all know that the real star of the pre trippie is Ollie. Sorry RV.
Yea, I'm totally gathering that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileneyes View Post
Does this new outlook on the shoes mean you are no longer "a gutless flip-flopper"???
That tag over there under my name actually doesn't have anything to do with flip flops. I got that tag back when Chicken Little came out. Runt is my favorite character from that movie and it's one of his best lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Word of warning though, do not attempt to wear your brand new flip flops when going through the caves. It is best to go barefoot or wear water shoes. You need really firm and steady footing in there and flip flops just won't do it for you.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Yea, I would never attempt to wear my new flippies in a situation like that. I'm barely wearing them out of the house!

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #51
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
I'm barely wearing them out of the house!

BTW, didn't you just wear them on a trip to the store recently???
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #52
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Hey.....I just realized you guys may be experiencing new menues on your cruise...rumor was that the new menues would be starting in June. So you now have to pay SUPER CLOSE attenttion and report back on all your dining experiences. (Can you guys just order one of everything please?)
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #53
OlliesMomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
LOVE the button close to the heart idea- it's brilliant!
Yay! Yay! Ollie is a super star!!

We are still looking for a place to make the button, but I'm trying my hardest because I have to have baby with me!

It's ALL about the lil' Loveys! LoveyLoaves Rescue & Sanctuary
OlliesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #54
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesMomma View Post
Yay! Yay! Ollie is a super star!!

We are still looking for a place to make the button, but I'm trying my hardest because I have to have baby with me!

Do you wear the lanyard? Put a photo of Ollie on the back or front side of your KTTW card in the holder.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #55
anetnmike

Hey smeecanada! That's a great idea too! We wear our lanyards everywhere -never know when you might come upon something you might need to buy or need ID for. That is a perfect place for a picture of a certain super star.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #56
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Hey.....I just realized you guys may be experiencing new menues on your cruise...rumor was that the new menues would be starting in June. So you now have to pay SUPER CLOSE attenttion and report back on all your dining experiences. (Can you guys just order one of everything please?)
Yea, I've seen all of the swirl and speculation about the new menus. We've never let ourselves get too worked up over DCL's food. We're pretty easy to please so if we get the new menus, fantastic! But if we don't, that's good too. I'll definitely take copious notes and report back my findings. I'm thinking a section devoted entirely to food may be in order for the forthcoming Trip Report.

As for ordering one of everything... that shouldn't be a problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
BTW, didn't you just wear them on a trip to the store recently???
Hmmm... maybe I have more than one stalker. Or maybe just possibly I post too much about my whereabouts. Probably the latter...

I wore the now famed flippies out of the house all day yesterday and I did fine. It was OlliesMomma that seemed to have issue with her own well worn pair because she tripped over the air quite frequently throughout our travels. Guess I need to teach her a thing or two about the art of open air footwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
Do you wear the lanyard? Put a photo of Ollie on the back or front side of your KTTW card in the holder.
Quote:
Hey smeecanada!That is a perfect place for a picture of a certain super star.
I must dutifully report that OlliesMomma was gleefully enraptured when she read your idea, so fully expect that to come to fruition. I'm thinking a picture will end up in the front AND back of the lanyard card as well as on a button next to her heart.

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #57
anetnmike

even better!
quite frankly I am surprised she has not mentioned tattoo yet
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #58
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Greetings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovableGluttons View Post
(((hugS))) to RV, olliesmama, and ollie too!

I like the way you think!

We have September 2010 Transatlantic booked and I'm contemplating a week of sitting on my backside on the beach in Akumal this summer.

Sometimes the stress is just unrelenting and you have do something to get it to ease up!

I have popcorn and sweet tea, ready for more trip report!
Hey we too will be on the 2010 Transatlantic! Will you planning on meeting at the DIS meet? - Actually I have to pop over to that thread and see if there is talk of a DIS meet, I haven't been that active on that thread since I'm up for our Tortola in 9/2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalVizier View Post
Hm... a potential stalker...

Thanks for the warning!

Wow... who knew that the star of this Pre-Trip Report would be my feet and what they are encased in.

So just doing a quick check in before my wife and I head out for the day. Somehow I ended up with a four day weekend off of work so we are going to make the most of it. The lists are in hand, the flippies are on (really, I promise they are), and we're venturing out into the world for a few things. Items for today are:
  1. Tapes for the video camera
  2. Getting measured for a tux
  3. Ordering the tux (renting, not buying)
  4. Lunch with friends
  5. Figuring out where we can get a photo button made (yes folks, the crazy, weeniedog-obsessed wife is going to have an Ollie button made to wear while we're on the ship so that he can "always be next to her heart" )
So yea, this is my first real excursion out into the world in my newly purchased flip flops. So I have the emergency medics on speed dial, and the wife has bandages in her purse with the To Do List, so I think we're set to go!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #59
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
I think maybe pass out pics of Ollie to his fan club....I'd love to wear his pic on my lanyard. My kids said they would too....he's so cute.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #60
OlliesMomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
I think maybe pass out pics of Ollie to his fan club....I'd love to wear his pic on my lanyard. My kids said they would too....he's so cute.
Oh my GOSH! What a GREAT idea!! The Ollie Fan Club! LOVE the idea. I'm still working on getting buttons made, but I'm on a mission now.

HOW FUN! Thanks for the idea. No worries, you guys will be the first ones to get your Ollie button.....

It's ALL about the lil' Loveys! LoveyLoaves Rescue & Sanctuary
OlliesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: