Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #751
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Finally got to ride this thing yesterday. Awesome coaster. Perfect addition to Universal and probably the most fun coaster in Florida. With all the music choices, it'll never get old. I can't wait to ride this thing again so I hope they work out all the kinks and get it running how it should.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #752
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

Though the music choice idea was quite neat and the speakers sounded good I found the whole thing a bit dull..

This has to be the first coaster where the climb out is more thrilling than what actually follows, a very odd experience.. It runs out of momentum way too early, so your almost just riding along waiting for it to end whilst it does very little.. Still at least you can listen to your song choice

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #753
bod diddy
Earning My Ears

Yeah, I think it's fairly terrible.
bod diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #754
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

It depends a lot on the row. If you get in row 6 and manage to have a little space around the restraint you can get a decent amount of air time and float time. Not the world's most exciting ride, but it can be pretty good in the back.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #755
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
It depends a lot on the row. If you get in row 6 and manage to have a little space around the restraint you can get a decent amount of air time and float time. Not the world's most exciting ride, but it can be pretty good in the back.
Major AIRTIME in the back!!
This comes from my DW that thinks Shiekra is tame.......
Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #756
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
Major AIRTIME in the back!!
This comes from my DW that thinks Shiekra is tame.......
She and I need to have a little chat on the best way to ride Sheikra:

Step one: Sit in the back row on an end.

Step two: See if you can skate by without a "click" on the harness (don't worry, the seat belt thingy will hold it in place). If you must, then make it only one click.

Step three: At the top of the hill, hold your harness so you can pull it up as you drop. This will keep it from tightening.

Step four: Put your legs straight out in front of you before the drop.

Using that method, your butt should be way off the seat and your shoulders should smack that harness.

With Rip Ride Rockit, you just request row 6 and pray they don't slam down that restaint once you have it just right.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #757
shughamster
Earning My Ears

Do they have a 'bigger' seat in row 3/6 like they do on the Hulk/Duelling Dragons? I'd hate to go over and not get to go on the ride at least once, even though I'm probably being paranoid..
shughamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #758
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

Row three is the "bigger" row and there are test seats in front of the entrance.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #759
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Are one of the test seats out front a "bigger" seat?

When we rode, we had an incident where one of my friends couldn't ride because of her size but she was trying to get into row five. I don't think she even tried the third row because of the embarrassment.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #760
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Rode twice last week and have to say that I'm severely disappointed. I read back a few pages and someone mentioned a "rough train." Well, in my experience (over 400 coasters ridden) I'd have to rate it as maybe the second or third worst ride I've ever been on. Bone jarringingly rough from start to finish. Even during the 90 degree incline my seat was shaking and rattling like mad. It was one of the very few times I couldn't wait for the ride to be over. Still, I gave it another chance and rode again a few days later. While not as tumultuous this time, it was still not an enjoyable ride.

The music was pretty good though (Chose Gewn Stefani and Shiny Toy Guns). And the wait was only about 20 minutes each time.

I much rather enjoyed Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and especially Revenge of the Mummy.

Overall I'm glad I went and highly recommend USO and IOA. Would have been worth paying full price....and it was an exceptionally great value at $99 for the 7 day pass (even though we only used 4 days).

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #761
Orlandobean
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandjackie View Post
Though the music choice idea was quite neat and the speakers sounded good I found the whole thing a bit dull..

This has to be the first coaster where the climb out is more thrilling than what actually follows, a very odd experience.. It runs out of momentum way too early, so your almost just riding along waiting for it to end whilst it does very little.. Still at least you can listen to your song choice

This is where I found the songs to be invaluable. If you get the right song than all of those smooth but tame zips side to side and small dips mesh in with the synced music.

The No Doubt song programmed in seems to be syncd best with this rather lackluster back half of the ride.

Nice to hear it seems to be consistently working again. I am planning to take my daughter for the 5th try on Sunday morning. If anyone hears of it being down again post it please.
Orlandobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #762
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

In all my rides on the Rockit, I've never found any song synched to the ride. They all just start at the beginning and end wherever they are when the ride ends. It's a shame because I've chosen some songs where starting with the middle part would work much better.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #763
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Rip Ride Rockit...hmmmm. Our first morning in USO it opened right as the park did and we were on the first train out that day and subsequently, we were the first ones stuck on it as we rolled into back into the loading area. We were stuck on it for about 20 minutes...then they shut it down for the rest of the day and night. We rode it again later in the week but we got one of those ROUGH cars. The wife stated "no more" after that as it beat the crap out of her. We thought Manta at Seaworld blew it out of the water, personally.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #764
mydisneykids
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Express pass for this is open yet??
mydisneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #765
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneykids View Post
Does anyone know if the Express pass for this is open yet??
No one has reported it yet, so I would assume not.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: