Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #151
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
They won't turn you away if you don't pre-register. They had the same thing for the Mummy AP preview. It was 2 nights and you had to register and tell them what night you were attending. I registered for the first night and came. Then decided to show up the second night and was still let in with no problem at all.
I was turned away from the HHN passholder event when I didn't register and saw them giving people an iffy "space available" line for the Brendan Fraser thing so it looks like it might depend on the event.

I just got a new favorite coaster today (Sheikra...even better than Manta). I can't wait to see where Rip Ride Rockit fits in now.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #152
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
I was turned away from the HHN passholder event when I didn't register and saw them giving people an iffy "space available" line for the Brendan Fraser thing so it looks like it might depend on the event.

I just got a new favorite coaster today (Sheikra...even better than Manta). I can't wait to see where Rip Ride Rockit fits in now.
Sheikra is bad to the bone since they took the floor out!!
It was and still is one of the biggest drops and they took it a step further,FLOORLESS,never again for me!!!!
DW,allday long,me i will go look at the tigers!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #153
atricks
Mouseketeer

This afternoon during a test run of Rockit, one of the cars failed to crest the "Trebel Clef" section and valleyed just past the loop. It was very windy at the time, but this may cause even more delays.

When it did this, it teeter tottered back and forth between the loop and the clef for about 10 minutes before stopping just to the right of the concert stage.

There is no easy way to recover the train from a spot like that, so it'll have to be removed by taking it off the track there.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #154
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I was turned away from the HHN passholder event when I didn't register
I actually remember that time. I can't really go into details but suffice it to say that things changed for the next AP HHN event when upper management became aware of that situation.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #155
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atricks View Post
This afternoon during a test run of Rockit, one of the cars failed to crest the "Trebel Clef" section and valleyed just past the loop. It was very windy at the time, but this may cause even more delays.

When it did this, it teeter tottered back and forth between the loop and the clef for about 10 minutes before stopping just to the right of the concert stage.

There is no easy way to recover the train from a spot like that, so it'll have to be removed by taking it off the track there.
That`s not good!!! Still you want it to happen while testing and not when folks are on it I suppose!

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #156
stlrod
DIS Veteran

Looks like Universal has changed it website from "coming summer 2009" to just "coming 2009."
stlrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #157
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

ARGH! I'm still hoping it's open while we're there. I Love coasters!! I read quite a few pages of this (but I'm at work so...) and saw someone said that it was okay they couldn't use the fotl for this. Is that a forever thing or just when it first opens? Does anyone know for sure? Just curious. If it's open and the line is crazy long, I'll just wait till next time. Lol

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
JohnsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #158
Leslierx
Mouseketeer

We were at Universal last week, and the rip ride rocket looked awesome! We saw it running empty a few times, and wished we could hop on. We rode Manta at SeaWorld and it was awesome! Where is the Sheirkra ride at (I probably spelled it wrong) hey barb - are you the same one that runs the disneycruiser website? I used to live on those boards before our Disney Cruises.....loved all the info!

Land/Sea CBR & Disney Wonder May 9-16 2004

Universal - Royal Pacific June 2009

Last edited by Leslierx; 06-30-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Leslierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #159
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrod View Post
Looks like Universal has changed it website from "coming summer 2009" to just "coming 2009."
Don't worry, they literally just released a promo video and I don't think they would have if there was another big delay. I posted it here: ***************/13gK1h

Yes, I am the one with the unnameable website. SheiKra is over at Busch Gardens, a little more than an hour's drive away. We got more than we bargained for when we visited...got rained out, and then some idiot threw a kitten in I-4 right in front of us! Thankfully it had a happy ending. I posted the story and photos on my blog: http://celebrationfl.blogspot.com/20...-you-want.html
(The kitten's name is now SheiKra of course.)
Old 06-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #160
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

OMG the kitten thing is soooo sad!! I can't believe people do things like that!!! I hope that delay thing about the RRR was just rumor, cause I can't wait to ride this sucker in a few weeks!!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #161
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
That`s not good!!! Still you want it to happen while testing and not when folks are on it I suppose!
I dunno, DH and I are pretty demented. He was just one train behind a train on Kraken that got stuck on the lift the other day and the people had to be walked down...and he was miffed that he wasn't on that one.

Then we got stuck on SheiKra in a monsoon (it e-stopped on the brake run at the crest of the second big drop). We were out there like 10 minutes in the storm before they got it started again, and I kept eyeing the stairs and wondering what it would be like to get walked down. I have my limits tho'...that staircase is a regular type. I'd be scared to death of one on a metal coaster that goes down the actual lift because it would be too "open." I wonder how they'd get people off RRR if it valleyed there with riders...it would be interesting.

My favorite coaster insanity was when the Demon at Six Flags Great America literally stopped upside down in one of the loops (I think one of the wheel carriages broke down and it locked). They got 'em off with a cherry picker after like 45 minutes. I can't even imagine the head rush.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #162
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Don't worry, they literally just released a promo video and I don't think they would have if there was another big delay. I posted it here: ***************/13gK1h

Yes, I am the one with the unnameable website. SheiKra is over at Busch Gardens, a little more than an hour's drive away. We got more than we bargained for when we visited...got rained out, and then some idiot threw a kitten in I-4 right in front of us! Thankfully it had a happy ending. I posted the story and photos on my blog: http://celebrationfl.blogspot.com/20...-you-want.html
(The kitten's name is now SheiKra of course.)
I want to commend you for doing what you did for that kitty. That is truely awesome and it sure is lucky that you happened along when you did!! What a fitting name, too!
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #163
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

No commendation necessary...my gut instinct totally took over! I'm a major animal lover, so when I realized that it was a kitten there was no question of not stopping. I was just terrified that he was going to get splattered right in front of my eyes.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #164
x.laura.x
Mouseketeer

I know this has probably been asked over and over but i dont have time to go through all the posts =(
Has an opening date been released? is it likely to be open before august 10th?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #165
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.laura.x View Post
Has an opening date been released? is it likely to be open before august 10th?
Nothing official yet. It should be open by August.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: