Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Rained Out!

Me (25) DH (25)

Planning for this trip began on a whim when my DH said let's go to DW instead of DL since he has never been there before. So we got our tickets for our local MWR and began getting price quotes on hotels. We got a smoking deal at All Stars Music. I picked Music because DH is a huge music lover so I knew he'd really enjoy the theming. (Which he did!).

We packed our bags for our trip May 15th till May 22nd. We drove up to Phoenix from Tucson very early to make our afternoon flight to Orlando. It took six hours in total. We ended up getting to Orlando at 11:30 P.M. We were beyond tired at the point. We caught the Disney Magical Express but it took us almost an hour to get to All Stars Music. We were pretty tired by then. DH's only complaint was he finished his book before we got to the hotel so he didn't have anything to read during our down time.

We already took advantage of the online checking so it went super smoothly and we were in our room in about 10 minutes. We got a button for DH's first visit which he "forgot" to wear to every park but Epcot.

For our first day we went to Down Town Disney and explored what it had to offer. DH was instantly attracted to the Lego store so we spent some time looking at everything in there and had dinner at Portobello's it was a very nice Saturday afternoon and almost no clouds in the sky. We didn't do much but eat dinner and then hang out at the pool the rest of the evening. DH complained about them not turning on the fountain with the Three Cabelleros every time we went to the pool but we only went to the pool one time........

We went to MK on Sunday. Ate breakfast at the resort. It was great all day long! If you happened to be at WDW while I was there I think I was getting plenty of stares from just about everyone that passed me. I was walking around with Stitch's ears headband and little tiny Stitch attached to the top of my Stitch ear headband. (I don't know how to post pictures here otherwise I'd post a picture of it...) It went great! DH loved the park not as much as DL he likes to remind me cause his favorite ride is not at MK Indiana Jone's and the Temple of Doom or Temple of the Crystal Skull if you've been to Tokyo Disney Sea. He really enjoyed Carousel of Progress at lot. So much so we went on it three times. DH is a History buff and really gets into things like that. We had dinner at the Columbia House which has a great humus sandwich if you are in veggie! I liked it a lot! We got to ride our ride Splash Mountain the ride where he proposed to me in Tokyo Disneyland. He asked me way before the drop!! We also did Mickey's Phillharmagic several times because once again DH loves music. I thought I was the one in love with Disney! We got on pretty much every ride in the park but Peter Pan it started to rain once the magic hours began so since we weren't prepared we decided to call it a night.

Got up really late the next day. We hate mornings so ate lunch at the resort and then headed to Disney Hollywood Studios. We hit TToT first. DH loves it cause it makes his stomach feel strange and he thinks it's very funny the way I scream. Out of all the TToT we have ridden he still like Tokyo Disney Sea's version better because that voodoo is evil and disappears and you can't figure out how Disney works the magic. But he really liked the going forward and being dropped. We both really enjoyed The Beauty and the Beast stage show and The Voyage of the little Mermaid. He like HS version better than TDS because I didn't have to translate the whole show for him. DH kept singing "Be our Guest" and "Part of your World" the rest of the day. Only he chopped on the lyrics with other songs so it was really crazy. During the show it started to down pour. I tired to scare him The Great Movie ride but it back fired and he scared me when the Alien attacks you. He liked the RNRC. He sang Aerosmith songs the whole time we were in line while little kids tired poking my Stitch Ears. We tired to get an ADR the Sci-Fi Diner but didn't get them. So we waited until the magic hours began and walked right in. We didn't get a car which DH as a little sad about but we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was pretty good. They have great almost five dollar milkshakes! Another great veggie meal! I really like the seared Tofu! We hung around the park until an hour before magic hour closing when it started to down pour again. So with our chucks soaking wet we trekked back to our room.

We got up really early to try to make the magic hour for Epcot. Needless to say it didn't happen. We gobbled down breakfast and headed to the bus stop and it began to down pour yet AGAIN! But we brought and umbrella this time and went to the park anyway. It was half empty by the time we got there. My Stitch Ears were all soaked and slumping so we made a running joke that Stitch hates getting wet. So every time we'd sit down I'l dry off my ears and they perk back up again until we went back out in the rain. I would say that the Flower and Garden Festival was great if I didn't spend all my time looking at the ground trying to avoid huge puddles! I think it rained almost 4 inches in two days by that time. We rode Test Track a few times DH really liked it of course! I think we did (The Golf Ball DH affectionaly calls it) Space Earth a few times. It was driving him crazy because until that day he didn't know what it was. Once he found out everytime we'd back track to Future World he would want to ride it. He loved Universe of Energy and wanted to ride Mission Space but I couldn't even handle the tame version. I only get motion sick when I'm not actually moving....I can't do Star Tours either. We had ADR for Chefs du France and got to see Remy! It was great! He was soooooo cute thankfully the attention was off of my Stitch Ears while Remy was there! I love that he squeaks! The woman that was showing him around sung a song for the kids at the table next to us. One of the little boys kept asking me if Remy was real. Of course I told him he was and we was going to stop by his table and say hello then go back the the kitchen and cook his food for him. He was thrilled!

After the meal we went and viewed all the countries.

I found Mulan in China! I've never seen her before so it was a huge shock to run into her for me! She asked me what I was feeding Stitch I told her water since it was raining. She was super nice asked me a few questions about Stitch before we got ushered away.

We ran into Donald in Mexico and then ate at Nine Dragons,

hit Test Track and Spaceship Earth one more time before we called it a night. By that time the park was beginning to get flooded. I would have like to have stayed for Illuminations but my pants were soaked all the way up to my thighs by then. So rather than risk getting any wetter we headed to the bus.

We got up really late for Animal Kingdom the next day. Ate lunch at the hotel then headed to the park. The sun decided to finally come out! So we hit Dinosaur and another mini coaster that I can't remember the name of. By the time we got off of Dinosaur it began to pour again! We had a fingers crossed and hopped EE was still open. We trekked in the rain over to Asia. We wore shorts this time since by that day we were sick of wet pants. Got to EE and it was closed down due to flooding and a Thunder Storm was rolling in. We waited in the EE queue for a hour hoping the rain would let up so we could at least get back to the bus dry. It didn't. So we sucked it up and went back to the bus. We only got to see Asia and Dinoland because the rest of the park was closed due to the flooding and the thunder storm. We were in a pretty sour mood by then not the park's fault just the rain. We changed into some dry clothes watched some TV in our room and the rain stopped so we went back to make our ADR at the Rainforest Cafe. By that time the Magic hours started so we ran as fast as we could to EE rode it twice in a row and then ran over to Dinosaur yet again once we got off of Dinosaur it started to pour again.........So we haven't seen all of AK. Which kind of stinks because the park was just flooded so there was not much a choice but to go. We headed back to the bus again and called it a night.

We got up really really really late and then headed to Disney Quest. The sun decided to come out yet again while we were there we. So we decided since DH liked Epcot we'd do it again one more time. This time we got to see Epcot with out all the rain. DH loved it even more. We got to watch the fountain show and rode SSE again and UoE. We even hit The Seas. DH wasn't interested in the ride he was more interested in the aquarium you get let out into at the end. We watched the Taiko drummers in Japan. You can hear them across the water! We were staking out a place for Illuminations this time when wouldn't you know it? It's started pouring......... so we headed back to the hotel for the final time.

We got up the next morning at 2 A.M. for our 4 hour flight back to Phoenix and a two hour drive back home to Tucson. And wouldn't you know it, it started raining at our connection in Atlanta!

All in all besides the rain it was a great trip! We had a lot of fun! We rode all the rides we wanted to and did and saw all the things we wanted to and then some. I'm sad I only saw Jasmine....the Cast Member wouldn't let me get in line to take a picture with her. I know we are almost already planning another trip there soon! Before these tickets expire! It was great and DH really liked it! I liked All Stars Music but I think I would have liked to have had a mini fridge at least to store left over food and keep our water cold.

Would I do it all over again rain included? Yes...I think I would.

Last edited by TokyoDina; 05-31-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your wonderful trip report. So sorry you had sooooooo much rain. Wow - sounds like it rained more than the sun shined.

If you still want to post pictures you have to download them to photobucket or flicker. It's free. From there you can copy the img code and past them here.

It's pretty easy once you do it the first time.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I will know that I know! I was wondering about how to go about it!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't include pictures of the crowds....but there was hardly anyone in the park most of the time. The rain was so bad. I hear now that it's nice and warm again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: