Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
pclaire
Mouseketeer

Stay at the Hyatt after the cruise?

Need some advice . . Our flight home just got moved back several hours, so we don't leave until almost 5 p.m. That's a long time to wait at the airport. frontier has no other flights that day, and one-ways on any other airlines are really, really expensive. so what should we do all day? Does the Hyatt offer day rooms - I seem to recall someone posting about this a long time ago, but can't remember. Any ideas would be great! Thanks
pclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Grumpyismyfavorite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclaire View Post
Need some advice . . Our flight home just got moved back several hours, so we don't leave until almost 5 p.m. That's a long time to wait at the airport. frontier has no other flights that day, and one-ways on any other airlines are really, really expensive. so what should we do all day? Does the Hyatt offer day rooms - I seem to recall someone posting about this a long time ago, but can't remember. Any ideas would be great! Thanks
I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Hyatt, but have you thought about renting a car and heading to Downtown Disney for a few hours? I only suggest the rental car so you can keep your luggage locked up. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, a movie theater and Legos to keep you busy. Good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Yes, the Hyatt offers day rooms. You can swim, nap, etc.

The other option is to cancel your DCL transfers on the way home and do a one way car rental. Both Budget and Thrifty/Dollar have their drop off site right at the terminal, which is very easy. They offer a shuttle from the cruise terminal to their rental outlet. A rental car allows you to go to lunch, go to Downtown Disney, a local mall or other nearby location and is far cheaper than using DCL transfers. We typically pay about $45 total for a small car. Just remember that MCO is one of those airports where you will want to be back at least 2 hours before your flight. OH YEAH....you can also go to Panera Bread so your teen can get on line!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclaire View Post
Last year we paid 75 bucks for a day room at the Hyatt

Rob

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
kimberleeJohnston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Last year we paid 75 bucks for a day room at the Hyatt

Rob

Same here, and it was perfect! We went for swim and had a nice late lunch, lots of DCL people use the day rooms!!
kimberleeJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
MissScarlet
Mouseketeer

We used a day room after our cruise 2 weeks ago. It was $100 and you could use the room from 10am to 5pm. It was nice being able to relax (and order room service!), instead of running around our last day or spending the entire day in the airport. There is a channel on the tv in the room to check flight status. They suggest checking out an hour and a half before your flight.
MissScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

just wondering...I'm traveling with my dh and 5 kids. If we wanted a day room would they care how many are using it, or would we have to get 2 rooms.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

I am going to be running into the same issue. Wondering what to do until 8pm flight? So I am correct, the Hyatt is the hotel in the airport right?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
I am going to be running into the same issue. Wondering what to do until 8pm flight? So I am correct, the Hyatt is the hotel in the airport right?

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

We had a day room at the Hyatt for our February cruise. We had 5 adults and 2 kids. I'm not sure if they have a policy regarding number of people but when I called to reserve the room I told the reservation person how many people we had and she asked if one room was ok. When I said yes she said she was putting it down as 2 adults and 2 children.

There was very little time when everyone was in the room together. The two little ones got a nice nap and then watched tv for a while. Some people went to the pool.

Since we had to get up so early to get off the ship it was great to have a place to relax before our flight took off at 6PM. I would do it again.

Yes the Hyatt is in the airport - you just walk down stairs and go through security to get to your gate.

Our next trips - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boarwalk - 3/4-3/10, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

Hyatt MCO was great!

We just cruised May 9th and used the Hyatt day room on our last day. It was great. The rate was (I think) $89.00. Hotel is right in the airport. The room was very nice, pool was great and it was so easy to just go downstairs and grab a bite to eat. Even did a little shopping too.

The staff at the Hyatt was great too. Our flight also kept getting pushed back later and later and the let us stay after what was supposed to be a 6:00 p.m. check out.

We were all so tired it was great to just lay around for the afternoon.

Have a great trip.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

Hyatt MCO was great!

We just cruised May 9th and used the Hyatt day room on our last day. It was great. The rate was (I think) $89.00. Hotel is right in the airport. The room was very nice, pool was great and it was so easy to just go downstairs and grab a bite to eat. Even did a little shopping too.

The staff at the Hyatt was great too. Our flight also kept getting pushed back later and later and the let us stay after what was supposed to be a 6:00 p.m. check out.

We were all so tired it was great to just lay around for the afternoon.

Have a great trip.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
aznaphrodite
Forever a Disney Princess

After our first cruise, we got a Hyatt day room and it was nice to have somewhere to relax and nap.

We just cruised on 4/25 and our flight also didn't leave until almost 5 pm. We just spent the time having a relaxing sit-down lunch at the Hyatt restaurant and then walking/shopping the airport. The time passed quickly actually. There are a lot of shops there too. It worked out really well.
aznaphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: